Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 435 of 567 FirstFirst ... 335 385 425 433 434 435 436 437 445 485 535 ... LastLast
Results 10,851 to 10,875 of 14171

Thread: Stephen King Collecting Questions

Servant of Gan Pasiuk57 is a jewel in the rough Pasiuk57 is a jewel in the rough Pasiuk57 is a jewel in the rough Pasiuk57's Avatar

My Mood
    Happy
    Country
    Country Flag

Pretty interesting!

Gunslinger Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy's Avatar

Would all original Creepshow Posters (Comic Book Style) from 1982 have fold marks?

Banned needfulthings is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote Originally Posted by Tommy View Post
    Would all original Creepshow Posters (Comic Book Style) from 1982 have fold marks?
    YES..Check E-BAY TOMMY...ALL LISTED ARE FOLDED.

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

This one didn't. It was posted in SK Promo items a few days ago, but sold for $85:
    One bid, $1:
    STEPHEN KING 1982 CREEPSHOW MOVIE POSTER

Gunslinger Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Randall Flagg View Post
    This one didn't. It was posted in SK Promo items a few days ago, but sold for $85:
    One bid, $1:
    STEPHEN KING 1982 CREEPSHOW MOVIE POSTER

I bought that one in a haste because the seller would not tell me if he could get it to me in time for the Romero signing tomorrow. I ordered with the hope it would arrive but it's not going to. I haven't bought a poster from this time period so I forgot about the fold marks and this poster does indeed appear not to have fold marks. I've asked the seller about it and am waiting for a response. If no fold marks then it's not an original? It says he doesn't do returns, yikes!

Servant of Gan Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

It should measure 27" x 41" inches; folded; GAU logo at bottom - Creepshow in lower right. I'm not sure if I have one but I'll look. I know I have Creepshow 2.

Here's picture where you can see the bottom from a reputable dealer:
    https://www.movieposter.com/poster/M...Creepshow.html

Quote Originally Posted by Lurker View Post
    It should measure 27" x 41" inches; folded; GAU logo at bottom - Creepshow in lower right. I'm not sure if I have one but I'll look. I know I have Creepshow 2.

Thank you so much. The seller did confirm that there are no fold marks and I replied that since it is not an original I will be requesting a return. This was a bit of an extravagant purchase for me right now and I hope it doesn't turn into something difficult. Sometimes I think I'm just too dumb to be a good collector.

Guardian of the Beam peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Need some help here please, especially from the UK edition collectors. In my search for a Dead Zone 1st UK edition, I've found a copy that has the correct copyright page identifiers (the copyright page of this copy is different to the BCE version - thanks James aka Jimimck for your help with this!). There is Raven written on the spine, BUT there is no price on the dust jacket, yet the dust jacket itself does have the accurate ISBN corresponding to the true 1st edition.

Anyone know what I have here? A BCE dust jacket switched to a 1st book? An "export" copy?? Thanks for any help!

Great Old One zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig's Avatar

My Mood
    Inspired
    Country
    Country Flag

Sounds like an export jacket to me.

Banned needfulthings is an unknown quantity at this point

Front Flap & Copyright page.

BOTH 1st EDITIONS

Guardian of the Beam peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by needfulthings View Post
    Front Flap & Copyright page.
    Thanks so much guys, yes, must be the export copy and not a true UK 1st. Identical to the above images, but no price. Thanks again - bloody love this site.

Gunslinger Apprentice dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Thank you so much. The seller did confirm that there are no fold marks and I replied that since it is not an original I will be requesting a return. This was a bit of an extravagant purchase for me right now and I hope it doesn't turn into something difficult. Sometimes I think I'm just too dumb to be a good collector.
    You aren't too dumb to be a good collector. I think sometimes we just get so excited that we become Jojo the Idiot Circus Boy for a little while and when we calm down and start to think...well, we think we were an idiot. Don't be too hard on yourself

Great Old One zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig's Avatar

My Mood
    Inspired
    Country
    Country Flag

Jojo the Idiot Circus Boy? That cracked me up.

Goldmember Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Completely agree with Dez, Tommy. So can we here by coin the phrase, "I had a Jojo moment", Dez?

Quote Originally Posted by dnemec View Post

You aren't too dumb to be a good collector. I think sometimes we just get so excited that we become Jojo the Idiot Circus Boy for a little while and when we calm down and start to think...well, we think we were an idiot. Don't be too hard on yourself
    Quote Originally Posted by Brian861 View Post
    Completely agree with Dez, Tommy. So can we here by coin the phrase, "I had a Jojo moment", Dez?
    Ha! Thanks, that made me feel better. The seller says if I don't want it I can return it. He swears he has other "Original" posters from this time period that are also unfolded. I will more than likely send it back. I just can't imagine how one got out there without the fold marks.

Gunslinger Apprentice dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Absolutely!

Goldmember Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Goldmember carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute

Is that the same Jojo who thought he was a loner but he knew it wouldn't last?

Citizen of Gilead sentinel is a splendid one to behold sentinel is a splendid one to behold sentinel is a splendid one to behold sentinel is a splendid one to behold sentinel is a splendid one to behold sentinel is a splendid one to behold sentinel is a splendid one to behold

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by carlosdetweiller View Post
    Is that the same Jojo who thought he was a loner but he knew it wouldn't last?
    I heard he left his home in Tucson AZ for some California grass?

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

get back, get back, get back to on the topic...

Servant of Gan Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Sometimes I think I'm just too dumb to be a good collector.
    Noooo. It just takes time. I have quite a few reproductions before I realized what was what. Especially back in the day when there was a place called "Suncoast" claiming their posters were original - but they were not. I bought most of my old SK posters like Carrie etc from Stu at Betts if I recall. Later I met a guy who was a serious poster collector who worked part time at one the radio stations in Houston interviewing actors that came to town promoting their films, so he had connections with people at the theaters and he got me a lot of the Stephen King posters and other posters of movies made from books - like LOTR and HP. Alas, we went our separate ways and now I'm like most folks - buy 'em off the internet.

Country
    Country Flag

Does the Random House 1st edition of The Talisman have a price on the inside of the DJ? Thanks!
    You don't know my kind.....You don't my mind.....Dark necessities are part of my design.....

Si em, tow en can de lach jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92's Avatar

My Mood
    Busy
    Country
    Country Flag

Does the Random House 1st edition of The Talisman have a price on the inside of the DJ? Thanks!
    Man looks like we need to create an entry to wiki for this. If someone has the photos any everything needed please upload them or point me to them and I will create the entry for it.

Roont jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic's Avatar

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

The dust jacket of the US Talisman first printing has a price of $18.95.

John

Country
    Country Flag

Speaking of prices on DJ's, does the Bachman Books UK 1st hardcover have the price on the dust jacket? Cheers.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 435 of 567 FirstFirst ... 335 385 425 433 434 435 436 437 445 485 535 ... LastLast