Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 427 of 567 FirstFirst ... 327 377 417 425 426 427 428 429 437 477 527 ... LastLast
Results 10,651 to 10,675 of 14170

Thread: Stephen King Collecting Questions

Guardian of the Beam peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Ive been wondering about the difference in value between S/L King anthologies (e.g., He is Legend, Prime Evil) versus S/L King novels. On the face of it, I'd think anthologies would be of greater value because Kings signature is among others and there would be an "additive" effect of all the signatures, but it seems that S/L King books are consistently higher in value (after accounting for edition run, etc). Would that be others' observations? Anyone able to shed light on the reasons? Is it simply because there's more Value / interest in a specific SK novel than a short story, and the other authors "dilute" the exclusivity of a King signature?

Demon of the Prim wolfehr is just really nice wolfehr is just really nice wolfehr is just really nice wolfehr is just really nice wolfehr's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by peripheral View Post
    Is it simply because there's more Value / interest in a specific SK novel than a short story, and the other authors "dilute" the exclusivity of a King signature?
    That's generally the reason I value them less. It also makes me want to book less if it contains authors and/or stories I don't care for, even if it has an SK story/signature.
    Wanted:
    Michael Whelan & DT Original Art

Can Toi Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck's Avatar

New Zealand (pronounced Noo Zeeland if you want to get the accent right...)
    My Mood
    Angelic
    Country
    Country Flag

Thoughts on this signature?

President-Matt Fisher Fan Club Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute

My Mood
    Asleep

Jimmimck stated:

Fuck!

I just took my s/l shining out of my book case to take a photo for someone, and hadn't realised my slipcased gunslinger was pushed up next to it on the shelf. This is the damage the slipcase has done being pushed together over a long time:

I've just emailed SP to see if they have any replacements, but this is a warning to you all if you have one, to make sure nothing is touching it on your shelf!

Roseannebarr:

Mine is worse!
    WE JOKED ABOUT BLUE INFECTION ON OUR BOOKS.... SEE PREVIOIUS THREADS..... tHIS IS UTTERLY RIDICULOUS.....

for some reason, I had CHRISTINE S/L sitting next the SHINING. CHRISTINE IS NOW STUCK ON THE SHINING!!!!!!!!!! HEED JIMIMCKs warning!!!! MY SLIPCASE IS RUINED ITS LIKE PLASTIc wrap stuck to my other book!!!! Totally cheap material!!!!!

MY SHINING SLIPCASE IS RUINED. JUST SITTING ON A SHELF! See JIMMIMCKs post in Subterannean PRESS Mine is worse!!!!

Gunslinger Apprentice idlewarnings has a spectacular aura about idlewarnings has a spectacular aura about idlewarnings's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I think The Shining signature is good.

Traveler KAMiller is on a distinguished road

Country
    Country Flag

I agree that seems to be the case since it doesn't seem to be linked to the number of books for the limited edition or original price - it's just supply and demand with fewer folks collecting the anthologies. Not a bad thing if you like the anthologies as they are a bit cheaper to obtain.

Gunslinger Apprentice jsweet has a spectacular aura about jsweet has a spectacular aura about jsweet has a spectacular aura about

Country
    Country Flag

Wondering if anyone bought and had received the Before the Play/Shining/Dr. Sleep set from Overlook Connection. How did it turn out? Seems a little pricey to me, but curious what impressions were of it.

Gunslinger Apprentice Bunyip will become famous soon enough Bunyip will become famous soon enough Bunyip's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by jsweet View Post
    Wondering if anyone bought and had received the Before the Play/Shining/Dr. Sleep set from Overlook Connection. How did it turn out? Seems a little pricey to me, but curious what impressions were of it.
    I'm also interested in this. I saw one last week and it has piqued my curiosity.

Bastard Son of Cort stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Bunyip View Post
    I'm also interested in this. I saw one last week and it has piqued my curiosity.
    After nearly 3 years, I actually gave up on this and cancelled about 6 months ago. I don't regret the decision as I think its expensive for what is effectively a BCE and a cheaply available 1st edition. The 'special' covers have no value to me, so the only real collectibles are the rebound TV Guide and the slipcase. Having said that, I think these latter two are very well done indeed and had it been just these two (at a much lower price) I would definitely be interested. I think hold off and wait for the sale on these, cant see them selling out quickly.
    "A real limited edition, far from being an expensive autograph stapled to a novel, is a treasure. And like all treasures do, it transforms the responsible owner into a caretaker, and being a caretaker of something as fragile and easily destroyed as ideas and images is not a bad thing but a good one...and so is the re-evaluation of what books are and what they do that necessarily follows." - Stephen King

President-Matt Fisher Fan Club Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute

My Mood
    Asleep

My 3 Hardcover set from the Overlook arrived today. Extremely well packaged. This was ordered on 05/28/2012. I paid $210.00

David included a very nice letter thanking us for our patience. He included a photo from the bar scene in the movie and a postcard (rare according the letter) announcing the Shining TV movie.

BCE edition of The Shining. Pristine Condition. the Chadbourne covers are OK. Charbourne style!
    1st Edition of Dr. Sleep
    and the bound copy of the TV guide. Generic and not exciting.

Overall, it will not be much of a display. the chadbourne covers do not have book titles on them, YOu can only see the white harbound cover of the TV guide.

would I buy it today. NO. Will I sell my copy. NO.

Tv Guide is signed by Mick Garris (special page added)

Value?

Dr. Sleep $30
    BCE $10
    Bound TV guide $30??
    Two Extra bookcovers ?
    Slipcase $30

The display case was an added bonus for our patience. Similar in nature to Duma Key and just after sunset. you know what I am talking about! foil stamped on both sides.

I had to have it. The Shining is my favorite book. I own several copies of the TV guide. I could always bind one myself. Nice end papers on the inside of bound TV guide, same art on the slipcase.

Gunslinger Apprentice richardsrarebooks will become famous soon enough

Still waiting for the books. Got Doctor Sleep and The Shining remarqued by Glenn Chadbourne. I think they will have some value but only time will tell.

My Mood
    Asleep

Quote Originally Posted by richardsrarebooks View Post
    Still waiting for the books. Got Doctor Sleep and The Shining remarqued by Glenn Chadbourne. I think they will have some value but only time will tell.
    No remarques in the boxed set. just the special covers.

Gunslinger Apprentice Bunyip will become famous soon enough Bunyip will become famous soon enough Bunyip's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I'm interested in what the general consensus is with this set up. It looked OK online, seemed quite expensive for what it is though.

Country
    Country Flag

I'm also looking at this. What do you guys think? I don't know enough about what it's really worth. Some of their pricing there seems quite steep, so I'm thinking this might be in the same category. I like the presentation of it. Thoughts?
    http://www.overlookconnection.com/ca...er-p-6903.html

My Mood
    Asleep

Quote Originally Posted by Bunyip View Post
    I'm also looking at this. What do you guys think? I don't know enough about what it's really worth. Some of their pricing there seems quite steep, so I'm thinking this might be in the same category. I like the presentation of it. Thoughts?
    http://www.overlookconnection.com/ca...er-p-6903.html
    Originally sold for $150. Cheap paperback. Very cheap paperback. Ok slipcase. Ok binding. $40. Have it. Won't sell. But not much collecting interest or value

Guardian of the Beam peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Does anyone know whether eBay seller "mrfjst" is a member here? Cheers

Demon of the Prim AKC has much to be proud of AKC has much to be proud of AKC has much to be proud of AKC has much to be proud of AKC has much to be proud of AKC has much to be proud of AKC has much to be proud of AKC has much to be proud of AKC has much to be proud of AKC has much to be proud of AKC's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

He is.....LOT GUY (Matt)

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Yes he is user name Lot Guy. Otherwise known as Matt Fisher.

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Randall Flagg View Post
    Yes he is user name Lot Guy. Otherwise known as Matt Fisher.
    Thanks RF and Tim!

Citizen of Gilead bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19's Avatar

My Mood
    Amused
    Country
    Country Flag

I'm considering contacting Don Maitz and getting a remarque in my Desperation S/L. Do remarques that were not part of the original S/L have any bearing on the value of the book? I know CD has offered remarques in Doctor Sleep and The Dark Man S/Ls, but that was part of the original sale. So I'm curious if a remarque done now would hurt the overall value of this edition.

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

If it's be orginal artist that did the art IS Mdoing the Remarque... Adds value YES! and if it has color.. The size, the detail. You play a gamble using an S/L and in Don's case... He uses watercolour which is ver water based. He has ruined books in the past BUT not often. I feel it increases the value.... But only for some artists. Don would be one bay would increase in my opinion. Some people don't want any Mark and thus it would ruin it for them... I'd go for it. Good luck man!
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Country
    Country Flag

I don't think so? I've considered getting Glenn to Remarque after purchase as its nearly half price of what CD charge. Unless it has the special Remarque page tipped in stating that it's an officially authorised Remarque edition or whatever crap they come up with? I don't know. If you like Remarques, I say go for it!

Citizen of Gilead Aronstg has a spectacular aura about Aronstg has a spectacular aura about Aronstg has a spectacular aura about Aronstg's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

I think that generally remarques increase the value of the book atleast as much as what the remarque cost. Obviously the artist plays a factor as well. A Whelan remarque will generally add more value to a book than some other artists. Also generally speaking an artist who did the cover or illustrations for the book will increase the value more so than an artist not associated with the book.

I think Don does an amazing job with remarques, easily some of the best remarques I've seen. He isn't cheap but IMO he is worth it.

Servant of Gan Fsmdr is just really nice Fsmdr is just really nice Fsmdr is just really nice Fsmdr is just really nice Fsmdr's Avatar

My Mood
    Stressed

Does anyone have an email address for Marsha at King's office?. I was going to use the 'contact us' link on Stephenking.com, but thought there might be a better contact to use. Thanks.
    WANTED:

Lettered Danse Macabre
    Marshroots
    Lettered Eyes Of The Dragon
    Lettered The Stand
    BOMC signed Full Dark No Stars
    MM AGOT #249
    Lettered Frankenstein

Citizen of Gilead bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19's Avatar

My Mood
    Amused
    Country
    Country Flag

Thanks for the input on the Maitz remarque. I'll probably get in touch with him next week and see what we can do.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 427 of 567 FirstFirst ... 327 377 417 425 426 427 428 429 437 477 527 ... LastLast