Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 41 of 567 FirstFirst ... 31 39 40 41 42 43 51 91 141 541 ... LastLast
Results 1,001 to 1,025 of 14171

Thread: Stephen King Collecting Questions

Roont Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice's Avatar

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

This is the only pic I remember from LSoE:

The Awesomest fled across the desert and The Awesomer followed.

If you rescue me
    I’ll be your friend forever

I wish that I could write fiction, but that seems almost an impossibility. -howard phillips lovecraft (1915)

Servant of Gan e_taylor will become famous soon enough e_taylor's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Not sure which thread to put this in....but...

Tomas just posted on his forum that a newsletter will go out tomorrow in regards to a traycase for the 1st edition of "The Stand".

He also posted a teaser picture of the prototype - check it out!

Gunslinger Apprentice blg is on a distinguished road

Country
    Country Flag

Question for those in the know...

What is a good price for a fine/near fine S/L Frankenstein (the 1983 version signed by both King and Wrightson)? There's a local bookstore here that has one priced at $850 and the ones I've seen on ebay are $800 - $1200.

Goldmember Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by blg View Post

What is a good price for a fine/near fine S/L Frankenstein (the 1983 version signed by both King and Wrightson)? There's a local bookstore here that has one priced at $850 and the ones I've seen on ebay are $800 - $1200.
    I paid under $600 for mine 6 months ago.

Gunslinger Apprentice Hutch will become famous soon enough Hutch's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by e_taylor View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by wizardsrainbow View Post
    Eric-

As I stated, a PC set of DT books is a worthy goal as there can only be 12 complete sets (as there were only 12 Publishers Copies of The Gunslinger). Three sets are accounted for, Bob's, mine and the one Stu got from Chris Cavalier (I do not remember if Stu still has it or not).
    Does anyone know how many PC copies of the other books there are? I've seen 12 quoted for DTII and DTIII as well, and 50 for the last four books - but don't know if these numbers are confirmed....?
    I have a price list of Grant books going back 6 to 8 years ago ...on it I took notes regarding quantity from talking with Robert.

DT IV PC 50-60 copies
    DT II PC 20 copies
    DT III PC 30 copies
    US Prime Evil PC 70 copies
    UK Prime Evil PC less than 50

Gunslinger Apprentice blg is on a distinguished road

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Rabbit Trick View Post

Thanks. I thought some of the prices I've seen were high.

Roont jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic's Avatar

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

You might try going into that bookstore with six $100 bills and offering him that for the book. It's amazing what the sight of that much money has on a lot of store owners.

I did something similar to this back in 1991 with the s/l Stand. He was asking $1000 for it, but I went in with seven $100 bills and walked out with an unopened Stand.

John

Rabid Billybumbler Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold

I would offer $500 cash.

Gunslinger herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by jhanic View Post

You might try going into that bookstore with six $100 bills and offering him that for the book. It's amazing what the sight of that much money has on a lot of store owners.

I did something similar to this back in 1991 with the s/l Stand. He was asking $1000 for it, but I went in with seven $100 bills and walked out with an unopened Stand.

John
    Lol
    Cheeky but interesting idea!
    ------------------------------------------------
    CLUB STEPHEN KING (french website about STEPHEN KING, since 1992) : on : Facebook | Twitter | Instagram

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Hutch View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by e_taylor View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by wizardsrainbow View Post
    Eric-

As I stated, a PC set of DT books is a worthy goal as there can only be 12 complete sets (as there were only 12 Publishers Copies of The Gunslinger). Three sets are accounted for, Bob's, mine and the one Stu got from Chris Cavalier (I do not remember if Stu still has it or not).
    Does anyone know how many PC copies of the other books there are? I've seen 12 quoted for DTII and DTIII as well, and 50 for the last four books - but don't know if these numbers are confirmed....?
    I have a price list of Grant books going back 6 to 8 years ago ...on it I took notes regarding quantity from talking with Robert.

DT IV PC 50-60 copies
    DT II PC 20 copies
    DT III PC 30 copies
    US Prime Evil PC 70 copies
    UK Prime Evil PC less than 50
    Hutch -

Thanks for that info. On a side note, I sent you an email, did you get it, or should I resend?

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Can someone here please assist?

Gunslinger herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Only have the one that is already posted as well as the 3 followings

All 4 are supposed to be by Michael Whelan and Erik Wilson

http://club.stephenking.free.fr/arti...?lng=fr&pg=138

===
    More artwork from Erik WIlson :
    http://www.darktowercompendium.com/f...rikwilson.html
    CLUB STEPHEN KING (french website about STEPHEN KING, since 1992) : on : Facebook | Twitter | Instagram

Country
    Country Flag

Not in one web, but on a tree (with Shardik).. it's a fanart

Number42 Dolan has much to be proud of Dolan has much to be proud of Dolan has much to be proud of Dolan has much to be proud of Dolan has much to be proud of Dolan has much to be proud of Dolan has much to be proud of Dolan has much to be proud of Dolan has much to be proud of Dolan has much to be proud of Dolan's Avatar

I own a copy of this which I got for fairly cheap as the slip case has some discoloration... but I never quite got the whole whoop-dee about it. Sure it is a good looking book... i really like the frontispiece of the book.. but other than that - what are you really buying? Is it really worth $1200?

I mean - we can talk for years about worth... but I sometimes get confused as to why this book is priced so high. Even $500 is excessive.

aka lindakins alinda is a name known to all alinda is a name known to all alinda is a name known to all alinda is a name known to all alinda is a name known to all alinda is a name known to all alinda's Avatar

My Mood
    In Love

Wow, nice art work , I had quite forgotten some of it. thanks for sharing them. I don't remember seeing that last one at all. beautiful.

The answer is within

all matter is energy, all energy is GOD

Goldmember carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by Dolan View Post

I own a copy of this which I got for fairly cheap as the slip case has some discoloration... but I never quite got the whole whoop-dee about it. Sure it is a good looking book... i really like the frontispiece of the book.. but other than that - what are you really buying? Is it really worth $1200?

I mean - we can talk for years about worth... but I sometimes get confused as to why this book is priced so high. Even $500 is excessive.
    Maybe it has to do with the crossover collectibility. Besides King collectors the book appeals to Wrightson collectors and FRANKENSTEIN collectors. Wrightson's illustrations are just breathtaking.

Country
    Country Flag

the last one is a fan art ;-)

Servant of Gan Aaron is on a distinguished road Aaron's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I know the image that he is talking about, but it wasnt from LSoE. I cant remember what it was from. I think it was actually done in a non-fiction volume about King's work. I tried to find it the other day but came up empty. If I locate it, though, I'll post it here.
    Heng Dai

Goldmember carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute

Why does the postman deliver magazines like Sports Illustrated, which come with no protection at all, week after week in perfect pristine condition? But if you put a collectible magazine or comic in a padded and protected Priority Mail envelope (or a box even) it invariably shows up with one or more crushed corners.

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by carlosdetweiller View Post
    Why does the postman deliver magazines like Sports Illustrated, which come with no protection at all, week after week in perfect pristine condition? But if you put a collectible magazine or comic in a padded and protected Priority Mail envelope (or a box even) it invariably shows up with one or more crushed corners.
    Postman school teaches them to be cruel and inhuman beasts.

But seriously, I know what you mean. The book you buy as a reading copy shows up perfect but the $500 collectible book you order ends up getting destroyed. Murphy's law?

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

I recall some image with LOTS of white (sheets, linen?) etc. All hanging in long lower curve arcs, perhaps even with Roland's head swathed in bandages.. Someone will help find it.

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

I think the extra padding makes it tough to curve the magazine to easily shove it in a mail box.
    The Sport's Illustrated is bulk mail and is naturally padded by the ads and other junk mail that surround it (typically it comes on Tuesday to my house).

Number42 Dolan has much to be proud of Dolan has much to be proud of Dolan has much to be proud of Dolan has much to be proud of Dolan has much to be proud of Dolan has much to be proud of Dolan has much to be proud of Dolan has much to be proud of Dolan has much to be proud of Dolan has much to be proud of Dolan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by carlosdetweiller View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Dolan View Post

Maybe it has to do with the crossover collectibility. Besides King collectors the book appeals to Wrightson collectors and FRANKENSTEIN collectors. Wrightson's illustrations are just breathtaking.
    Very good point

Gunslinger Apprentice super sam is on a distinguished road super sam's Avatar

I bought the Overlook Connection magazine from Allen Koszowski on Ebay.
    He is a "famous" artist, but i wonder if anyone here know if he have done some works for Stephen King.
    I tried to ask Allen but he didnīt answer me.

Country
    Country Flag

(question : do you say Tabitha King like Tabita or, tabitha with th?)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 41 of 567 FirstFirst ... 31 39 40 41 42 43 51 91 141 541 ... LastLast