Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 403 of 567 FirstFirst ... 303 353 393 401 402 403 404 405 413 453 503 ... LastLast
Results 10,051 to 10,075 of 14175

Thread: Stephen King Collecting Questions

Roont jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic's Avatar

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

As far as I know, the poster was available only with the book club edition.

John

"I'm working on my sense of humor" Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an's Avatar

“No matter how cynical you get, it is impossible to keep up” -Lily Tomlin
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by ELazansky View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Br!an View Post
    I saw them. Saw no price and assumed Book Club. I've seen this before a few times but not with so many at once.

I'll have to see if there are any FAB8 there. I'd like the poster.
    Ill probably be at B&N later this week. I can certainly pick you up one if they still have them.
    Thanks but no need. I went by there today. I had to look around a bit since they had the FAB8 in a different section.

I picked up an extra if anyone wants it.
    "One day you're going to figure out that everything they taught you was a lie."

Citizen of Gilead Cwalker is a splendid one to behold Cwalker is a splendid one to behold Cwalker is a splendid one to behold Cwalker is a splendid one to behold Cwalker is a splendid one to behold Cwalker is a splendid one to behold Cwalker is a splendid one to behold Cwalker is a splendid one to behold Cwalker's Avatar

Over in the Tommyknockers page in the Wiki, there was, a few years ago, the discussion of the exitence of a silver/blue cover varient. Hutch had located one and posted some pics, but there dosen't seem to be an actual concensus as to whetheror not it was an intentional varient, a printing error, or fading.

The other day I found a copy myself. It is beat to hell, but to me it is clearly not fading. It is too uniform. The only thing that may be relevant is this one is a 2nd edition.

I can post pics if anyone wants.
    Does anyone know if this was an intentional cover?
    This one will never be more than a reading copy curiosity, but a curiosity none the less!
    Thanks!
    "Thanks, but no, it isn't a cowboy hat. It's a fedora. And yes, Indianna Jones is still socially relevant."

Maerlyn's Imp allasorte has a spectacular aura about allasorte has a spectacular aura about allasorte has a spectacular aura about allasorte's Avatar

My Mood
    Confused

Quote Originally Posted by Cwalker View Post
    Over in the Tommyknockers page in the Wiki, there was, a few years ago, the discussion of the exitence of a silver/blue cover varient. Hutch had located one and posted some pics, but there dosen't seem to be an actual concensus as to whetheror not it was an intentional varient, a printing error, or fading.

The other day I found a copy myself. It is beat to hell, but to me it is clearly not fading. It is too uniform. The only thing that may be relevant is this one is a 2nd edition.

I can post pics if anyone wants.
    Does anyone know if this was an intentional cover?
    This one will never be more than a reading copy curiosity, but a curiosity none the less!
    Thanks!
    I don't know of the intentions. If it's not too much trouble I'd like to see pics. Also, what about the copies where the pages are of different stock? You don't see those selling much either. Not sure how valuable, if any, they are.
    Words have no power to impress the mind without the exquisite horror of their reality. Edgar Allan Poe

President-Matt Fisher Fan Club Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute

My Mood
    Asleep

anybody need 7 well read paperbacks 1st edition 1st printing? Well read.

Thinner, Four past midnight, Cujo, Skeleton Crew, Needful Things, Misery and Christine? I was able to buy 13 on ebay for $15. included The Stand and Salem's Lot! I needed The Stand so I took a shot at the whole collection. Both of the ones I wanted were in acceptable shape.

Free to whoever wants them or needs them.

Citizen of Gilead Cwalker is a splendid one to behold Cwalker is a splendid one to behold Cwalker is a splendid one to behold Cwalker is a splendid one to behold Cwalker is a splendid one to behold Cwalker is a splendid one to behold Cwalker is a splendid one to behold Cwalker is a splendid one to behold Cwalker's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by allasorte View Post
    I don't know of the intentions. If it's not too much trouble I'd like to see pics. Also, what about the copies where the pages are of different stock? You don't see those selling much either. Not sure how valuable, if any, they are.
    here you go...

and
    "Thanks, but no, it isn't a cowboy hat. It's a fedora. And yes, Indianna Jones is still socially relevant."

Roont jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic's Avatar

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

I have a copy of Tommyknockers with the different stock. I'd have to dig it out to see just which pages are involved, but it seems it's only one signature.

John

Maerlyn's Imp allasorte has a spectacular aura about allasorte has a spectacular aura about allasorte has a spectacular aura about allasorte's Avatar

My Mood
    Confused

Quote Originally Posted by jhanic View Post
    I have a copy of Tommyknockers with the different stock. I'd have to dig it out to see just which pages are involved, but it seems it's only one signature.

John
    I have a copy, that's why I mentioned it. For me it is pages 33-64. It's a first/first with permission to come. I'd say fine- condition to the book with minor age staining and the jacket is fine/fine-. Maybe I could drive it over sometime and we can compare books or rip the pages out and make a complete newer version of the book with the odd colored pages .
    Words have no power to impress the mind without the exquisite horror of their reality. Edgar Allan Poe

My Mood
    Confused

@cwalker. I have 3 jackets. 2 that are red and one yellow like your picture shown. All 3 jackets have the green tint, not blue. Thanks for the pictures!

@cwalker. I have 3 jackets. 2 that are red and one yellow like your picture shown. All 3 jackets have the green tint, not blue. Thanks for the pictures!
    It only looks yellow because my shadow. His name is a dark silver (that has the black scuff marks. Like I said, it's pretty beat up) and the title is white. The light is blue and white.

My Mood
    Confused

Quote Originally Posted by Cwalker View Post
    It only looks yellow because my shadow. His name is a dark silver (that has the black scuff marks. Like I said, it's pretty beat up) and the title is white. The light is blue and white.
    Gotcha. Still an intriguing item. Thanks for the insight.

My Mood
    Confused

The DT books. There are the revised editions where the covers from Grant look similar (books 1-4). I'm assuming to be considered 1st/1sts the books HAVE to have prices listed inside the jackets and the number line of 1-10, correct? I only ask because I have books 1 and 4 revised with prices on the jacket and I see ebay listings saying they have 1st/1sts with the right number line on books 2 and 3, but no prices on the jacket.

Big Coffin Hunter Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

BUMP:

Does anyone here have this item and could share a pic?:

A celebration of the life and achievements of Evan Hunter A.K.A, Ed McBain ("On Ed McBain" Paperback program bookley new york society of ethical culture in NY"
    Wanted list:
    Ubris

"I'm working on my sense of humor" Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

The DT books. There are the revised editions where the covers from Grant look similar (books 1-4). I'm assuming to be considered 1st/1sts the books HAVE to have prices listed inside the jackets and the number line of 1-10, correct? I only ask because I have books 1 and 4 revised with prices on the jacket and I see ebay listings saying they have 1st/1sts with the right number line on books 2 and 3, but no prices on the jacket.
    Are you talking about the Viking editions? They all have the full numberline.

I'd have to take mine out of the bag to check on the price.

Vagrant Dead frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

The DT books. There are the revised editions where the covers from Grant look similar (books 1-4). I'm assuming to be considered 1st/1sts the books HAVE to have prices listed inside the jackets and the number line of 1-10, correct?
    I just checked mine: correct on both accounts.

sk

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

My Mood
    Confused

Thanks Brian, Frik, and RF. I forgot about the catalog. I figured it never hurt to ask . Thanks!

My Mood
    Confused

Are you talking about the Viking editions? They all have the full numberline.

I'd have to take mine out of the bag to check on the price.
    I'm wrong...Viking it is. I see now on the catalog. Thanks guys!

My Mood
    Confused

Here's a possible stump question? The grey/black leather in a sense omnibus book with Carrie, Salem's Lot, The Shining book with red lettering for the 3 books on the front of the book; no dust jacket edition. I didn't see it in the catalog. Are there more then one printing? I received one the other day in shrink wrap, opened it, and it has the number line of 9-2. Is this like Black House where the "2" is a first printing? Or do I have a 2nd printing?

Country
    Country Flag

Here's a possible stump question? The grey/black leather in a sense omnibus book with Carrie, Salem's Lot, The Shining book with red lettering for the 3 books on the front of the book; no dust jacket edition. I didn't see it in the catalog. Are there more then one printing? I received one the other day in shrink wrap, opened it, and it has the number line of 9-2. Is this like Black House where the "2" is a first printing? Or do I have a 2nd printing?
    Stump question.

Are you talking about the Barnes & Noble edition pictured below? Then there should be a full numberline.

Original price was $20. I think they might go for $30 now.

It isn't in the catalog because it is more of a first edition thus. There were earlier omnibus editions of those books.

My Mood
    Confused

Yes Brian. I am talking about the book you pictured. Everyone selling them on ebay are high priced, and in shrink wrap. So the one I have has the number line 9-2. Curious if a true first printing is 9-1?

Bastard Son of Cort stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Thanks but no need. I went by there today. I had to look around a bit since they had the FAB8 in a different section.

I picked up an extra if anyone wants it.
    I'll take that if it's still available Brian. Can you hold it till January? I'll be back in Florida then!
    "A real limited edition, far from being an expensive autograph stapled to a novel, is a treasure. And like all treasures do, it transforms the responsible owner into a caretaker, and being a caretaker of something as fragile and easily destroyed as ideas and images is not a bad thing but a good one...and so is the re-evaluation of what books are and what they do that necessarily follows." - Stephen King

Country
    Country Flag

The first has a numberline from 9 to 1.

I think i have an extra if you need it. Pm me.

Can Toi Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck's Avatar

New Zealand (pronounced Noo Zeeland if you want to get the accent right...)
    My Mood
    Angelic
    Country
    Country Flag

What are people's thoughts on this signature? I know it's not in the book itself and so isn't that desirable anyway if real, but I'm just courious if it's legit. I'm not that confident in my opinion for earlier signatures but I don't like this one...

http://m.ebay.com/itm/141774136275?_mwBanner=1

Si em, tow en can de lach jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92's Avatar

My Mood
    Busy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Jimimck View Post
    What are people's thoughts on this signature? I know it's not in the book itself and so isn't that desirable anyway if real, but I'm just courious if it's legit. I'm not that confident in my opinion for earlier signatures but I don't like this one...

http://m.ebay.com/itm/141774136275?_mwBanner=1
    I don't like it. The G looks like they went back and added the loop on the bottom later

+ Reply to Thread
Page 403 of 567 FirstFirst ... 303 353 393 401 402 403 404 405 413 453 503 ... LastLast