Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 394 of 567 FirstFirst ... 294 344 384 392 393 394 395 396 404 444 494 ... LastLast
Results 9,826 to 9,850 of 14172

Thread: Stephen King Collecting Questions

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Sell or donate both.
    If you had to ask, that means it bothers you.
    Insomnia will ensue...

"I'm working on my sense of humor" Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an's Avatar

“No matter how cynical you get, it is impossible to keep up” -Lily Tomlin
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by zelig View Post
    I'd keep them both too. I've faced a similar question regarding two copies of Armada that I have. Once is signed on the title page, and one on a bookplate. I was going to sell one, but couldn't decide with to sell, so I eventually settled on keeping them both. What time does group therapy start?
    I just received the UK ARMADA with a bookplate. While I would have prefer the book itself to be signed I'll be keeping it regardless.
    "One day you're going to figure out that everything they taught you was a lie."

Servant of Gan sharki69 is a name known to all sharki69 is a name known to all sharki69 is a name known to all sharki69 is a name known to all sharki69 is a name known to all sharki69 is a name known to all sharki69's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Thanks all for your advice !!! I didn't mean to disappoint anyone and it doesn't bother me so much - just a beginner question trying to learn from the pros

Since it's not a cheap book and I don't have unlimited resources, selling one of these books will allow me to buy King signed trade or King S/L or Joe Hill S/L. So Keeping both is a good option but I want to expand my collection....

"I'm working on my sense of humor" Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Then I'd sell the bookplated book.

Great Old One zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig's Avatar

My Mood
    Inspired
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Br!an View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by zelig View Post
    I'd keep them both too. I've faced a similar question regarding two copies of Armada that I have. Once is signed on the title page, and one on a bookplate. I was going to sell one, but couldn't decide with to sell, so I eventually settled on keeping them both. What time does group therapy start?
    I just received the UK ARMADA with a bookplate. While I would have prefer the book itself to be signed I'll be keeping it regardless.
    Ah, you're right. I was thinking about the Barnes & Noble one where the signature isn't on the title page. The UK edition is a keeper for sure.

Gunslinger Apprentice Cordial Jim will become famous soon enough Cordial Jim's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I found a 2nd state 'Salem's Lot at a book sale recently. The dust jacket is a little ragged, but there are no markings or damage on the inside of the book. Pretty excited to find this. Does anybody know how many 2nd states were produced? Of the 20,000 first printings, were there more 2nd states or 3rd states? Just curious. Thanks.

Si em, tow en can de lach jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92's Avatar

My Mood
    Busy
    Country
    Country Flag

So I just realized that my little Sisters AE was bound upside down when I went to cover it. Is anyone else's bound incorrectly?

Servant of Gan Roog has a spectacular aura about Roog has a spectacular aura about Roog's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Never heard this before. Mine is bound correctly.

Country
    Country Flag

I hadn't heard of this either. Mine is correct.

Si em, tow en can de lach jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92's Avatar

My Mood
    Busy
    Country
    Country Flag

I'll take a picture tonight and post it up. And I guess its bound normal but the spine lettering was put on upside down.

Banned needfulthings is an unknown quantity at this point

I can see how easily this could happen..since there is no way to tell front cover from back (unlike the slipcase.)

My Mood
    Busy
    Country
    Country Flag

Yeah I was thinking the same thing. I didn't even know it was until last night. Oh well maybe someone will think it's cool and pay extra... or maybe ill just keep it and be happy lol

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Asked in the Catalog but received no answer.
    What was publication date (in 2004) for The Girl Who Loved Tom Gordon Pop-Up book?

Goldmember Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker's Avatar

My Mood
    Amused
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Randall Flagg View Post
    Asked in the Catalog but received no answer.
    What was publication date (in 2004) for The Girl Who Loved Tom Gordon Pop-Up book?
    10/26/2004

Information comes from my Advance Reader Pop-up sample.

Mulleins
    I'm the caretaker of Room 217..............I've always been the caretaker of Room 217

Roont jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic's Avatar

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

I purchased my copy on 10/12/2004.

John

the Return of CRAZY DOG! Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

I purchased my limited edition 6 months before for 500.00... then a couple of weeks later... after S&S found out what the demand was, they raised the price to $750.00.... since they still had a waiting list... they raised the price to $1000.00... I canceled my limited order sometime before 10/12/2004... however, I forgot to cancel the order for the trade edition...

I think I burned that one in the BBQ pit cooking some weiners sometime around 11/ 30/2004.

The hotdogs tasted like shit.

Gunslinger Apprentice André Linoge is on a distinguished road André Linoge's Avatar

TDT Pros,

Doing an independent internet search, but wanted confirmation from y'all. You're an invaluable resource.

Night Shift first edition cover

Does this cover appear on any later printings/editions or is it purely for the 1st/1sts? I see it appears as a book Club edition...

Thank you all in advance! You're the best!

Goldmember Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker's Avatar

My Mood
    Amused
    Country
    Country Flag

Yes, it appears on Kings club editions, Book of the Month Club Editions, First Edition, and Later Printings in hardback.

The only important one is the First Edition with $8.95 printed directly on jacket.

Hope this helps

Mulleins
    I'm the caretaker of Room 217..............I've always been the caretaker of Room 217

Gunslinger Apprentice André Linoge is on a distinguished road André Linoge's Avatar

Excellent. Certainly helpful.

Thanks, Ralph!

Citizen of Gilead Cwalker is a splendid one to behold Cwalker is a splendid one to behold Cwalker is a splendid one to behold Cwalker is a splendid one to behold Cwalker is a splendid one to behold Cwalker is a splendid one to behold Cwalker is a splendid one to behold Cwalker is a splendid one to behold Cwalker's Avatar

Need some help....
    I picked up some place-holder copies of Carrie, 'Salems Lot, Night Shift, and Christine.
    Now, i knew i was getting BCE's and that was fine. They are in very good condition and I have no problems with them.
    Except for Christine. She is giving me more mixed-messages than my senior prom date. And trust me, I'm prepared for this to also be an Epic Fail!

It is a BCE because it dosen't have a price on the DJ.
    BUT...
    It dosen't say "book club edition" on the DJ
    BUT...
    It has the first edition ISBN code. (Don't different editions have different ISBN?)
    BUT...
    It has the wrong back cover. The "Stephen King and Friend"banner is missing.
    BUT...
    It has "first published in 1983 by the viking press" on the CP
    AND most strange to me, it dosen't have the red and black coverboards. It is all black, with a silver SK on the front cover and as other editions, red lettering on the spine. None of the pictures i could find online show an all-black cover. Even the BCE had the red and black.

How many different BCE are there for a single title? Is this copy a real bottom-of-the-food-chain book club edition?
    It is also larger than other BCE that i have. It is approx 6 1/2 by 10 1/2.

You all realize this is your fault don't you? If i hadn't found TDT.Org i wouldn't feel the need to learn everything i can!!!!
    "Thanks, but no, it isn't a cowboy hat. It's a fedora. And yes, Indianna Jones is still socially relevant."

Bastard Son of Cort stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Cwalker View Post
    Need some help....
    I picked up some place-holder copies of Carrie, 'Salems Lot, Night Shift, and Christine.
    Now, i knew i was getting BCE's and that was fine. They are in very good condition and I have no problems with them.
    Except for Christine. She is giving me more mixed-messages than my senior prom date. And trust me, I'm prepared for this to also be an Epic Fail!

It is a BCE because it dosen't have a price on the DJ.
    BUT...
    It dosen't say "book club edition" on the DJ
    BUT...
    It has the first edition ISBN code. (Don't different editions have different ISBN?)
    BUT...
    It has the wrong back cover. The "Stephen King and Friend"banner is missing.
    BUT...
    It has "first published in 1983 by the viking press" on the CP
    AND most strange to me, it dosen't have the red and black coverboards. It is all black, with a silver SK on the front cover and as other editions, red lettering on the spine. None of the pictures i could find online show an all-black cover. Even the BCE had the red and black.

How many different BCE are there for a single title? Is this copy a real bottom-of-the-food-chain book club edition?
    It is also larger than other BCE that i have. It is approx 6 1/2 by 10 1/2.

You all realize this is your fault don't you? If i hadn't found TDT.Org i wouldn't feel the need to learn everything i can!!!!
    1. Not all BCE's state Book Club Edition
    2. The Copyright page invariably is identical on early books (before the numberline became common place)
    3. ISBN Codes do not necessarily differ between trade editions and BCE's
    4. BCE's may have been published multiple times over the years, a change in size is not uncommon

all the above are reasons why eBay sellers keep listing as "First Edition - RARE!!!!"

If it aint got the price on the DJ, it's pretty much 100% guaranteed to be a BCE.
    "A real limited edition, far from being an expensive autograph stapled to a novel, is a treasure. And like all treasures do, it transforms the responsible owner into a caretaker, and being a caretaker of something as fragile and easily destroyed as ideas and images is not a bad thing but a good one...and so is the re-evaluation of what books are and what they do that necessarily follows." - Stephen King

Citizen of Gilead Cwalker is a splendid one to behold Cwalker is a splendid one to behold Cwalker is a splendid one to behold Cwalker is a splendid one to behold Cwalker is a splendid one to behold Cwalker is a splendid one to behold Cwalker is a splendid one to behold Cwalker is a splendid one to behold Cwalker's Avatar

2. The Copyright page invariably is identical on early books (before the numberline became common place)
    4. BCE's may have been published multiple times over the years, a change in size is not uncommon

all the above are reasons why eBay sellers keep listing as "First Edition - RARE!!!!"

If it aint got the price on the DJ, it's pretty much 100% guaranteed to be a BCE.
    That all makes sense. As i said, i knew it was a BC, but then i kept seeing all these little discrepencies.

I have tried very hard to keep track of all the Points that define the different editions, to the extent that i have made a small notebook to carry with as much relevent information as i can find for each book.

"A little knowledge is a dangerous thing" , but alot of knowledge can save you a buttload of money...

Thanks again!
    Chris
    "Thanks, but no, it isn't a cowboy hat. It's a fedora. And yes, Indianna Jones is still socially relevant."

Bastard Son of Cort stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Cwalker View Post

That all makes sense. As i said, i knew it was a BC, but then i kept seeing all these little discrepencies.

I have tried very hard to keep track of all the Points that define the different editions, to the extent that i have made a small notebook to carry with as much relevent information as i can find for each book.

"A little knowledge is a dangerous thing" , but alot of knowledge can save you a buttload of money...

Thanks again!
    Chris
    One day I'm hoping this will replace your notebook....

Spoiler:
    Cue RF moaning at me to get working on the Android version..
    "A real limited edition, far from being an expensive autograph stapled to a novel, is a treasure. And like all treasures do, it transforms the responsible owner into a caretaker, and being a caretaker of something as fragile and easily destroyed as ideas and images is not a bad thing but a good one...and so is the re-evaluation of what books are and what they do that necessarily follows." - Stephen King

@stroppygoblin

WHATWHATWHAT????

You want to take my spiral notebook and stubby pencil away from me????
    My wife, yes
    My dog, maybe
    my stubby pencil...NEVER!!!

That app looks amazing! You must understand though that my phone isn't smart. In fact it barely has a clue.
    But i will tell you what, this one app would be enough for me to justify upgrading from the tin can on a string that i am using now.
    Good luck with it and i will certainly keep track of your updates in the other thread.

Great Old One zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig's Avatar

My Mood
    Inspired
    Country
    Country Flag

Sometimes I'd like to downgrade to the tin can and string, so I envy you there, but I don't know how I'd get through the day without my iPhone.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 394 of 567 FirstFirst ... 294 344 384 392 393 394 395 396 404 444 494 ... LastLast