Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 393 of 567 FirstFirst ... 293 343 383 391 392 393 394 395 403 443 493 ... LastLast
Results 9,801 to 9,825 of 14171

Thread: Stephen King Collecting Questions

Gunslinger Apprentice André Linoge is on a distinguished road André Linoge's Avatar

Ahhh. Very well. Thanks gents!

Demon of the Prim TCCBodhi is a splendid one to behold TCCBodhi is a splendid one to behold TCCBodhi is a splendid one to behold TCCBodhi is a splendid one to behold TCCBodhi is a splendid one to behold TCCBodhi is a splendid one to behold TCCBodhi is a splendid one to behold TCCBodhi's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Revival was my first Flat Signed, and I jumped on the first one I saw which led to a VERY overpriced book! It still stings to think about it. LOL. That is the way it goes sometimes, sometimes they COME BACK!
    WANTED
    US 1st Printings. I have THESE
    #92 IT Portfolio (or the #95 IT to swap for the #92 that I have)
    Any #95 SK-related Cemetery Dance Edition
    Any #7 PS Publishing Edition
    Sleeping Beauties: Signed Tour version.

Gunslinger Apprentice jsweet has a spectacular aura about jsweet has a spectacular aura about jsweet has a spectacular aura about

Country
    Country Flag

My signed Stephen King book collection consists of just two - the PS10 signed hardcover and the Under the Dome S/L (both of which, in retrospect I overpaid for). So trying to get smarter about this.
    What recommendations would anyone have as good values for signed SK books? It seems like with the large number of Revivals out there, that one seems like a good one to start with (assuming a legit seller), but other suggestions?

Si em, tow en can de lach jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92's Avatar

My Mood
    Busy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by jsweet View Post
    My signed Stephen King book collection consists of just two - the PS10 signed hardcover and the Under the Dome S/L (both of which, in retrospect I overpaid for). So trying to get smarter about this.
    What recommendations would anyone have as good values for signed SK books? It seems like with the large number of Revivals out there, that one seems like a good one to start with (assuming a legit seller), but other suggestions?
    If you are looking for flat signed non S/L then yes Revival is a cheaper one (assuming you are looking for low price), if you are looking at S/L then Desperation and Insomnia are two safe cheaper ones.

Rabid Billybumbler DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by jsmcmullen92 View Post
    If you are looking for flat signed non S/L then yes Revival is a cheaper one (assuming you are looking for low price), if you are looking at S/L then Desperation and Insomnia are two safe cheaper ones.
    The Black House S/L is also not too expensive. Joyland is pretty reasonable as well. The Shining and Doctor Sleep can be had for not too much above their publication prices, and the Dark Tower series #4-7 can be had pretty reasonable on ebay these days. You really have to trust the seller when buying a flat signed book. I have found that most people here are pretty reputable, and most won't price gouge either. That should be enough to get you hooked.

Gunslinger Apprentice KingKorn will become famous soon enough KingKorn will become famous soon enough KingKorn's Avatar

My Mood
    Inspired

I second the reccommendation for the Desperation S/L -- a beauty production by Donald Grant, in a traycase with a fantastic artist, and you can find it in the ~$350 or less range without too much work. It feels like you get something that should cost more than you paid.

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I would go for a Desparation. Killer artist and nice production! $350 is a good price too
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Gunslinger Apprentice KingKorn will become famous soon enough KingKorn will become famous soon enough KingKorn's Avatar

My Mood
    Inspired

A collecting question:

Did King ever used to sign and date books with the format of writing out the date? By that I mean December 25, 1980 rather than his usual 12/25/80.

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by KingKornKarn View Post
    A collecting question:

Did King ever used to sign and date books with the format of writing out the date? By that I mean December 25, 1980 rather than his usual 12/25/80.
    Many a time before 1979.

Citizen of Gilead bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19's Avatar

My Mood
    Amused
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by KingKornKarn View Post
    A collecting question:

The one example that comes to mind is the Firestarter S/L.

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

I have ~12 images of books King inscribed and included a full date on. I don't have any images from after September 7, 1979

Goldmember Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Randall Flagg View Post
    I have ~12 images of books King inscribed and included a full date on. I don't have any images from after September 7, 1979
    RF is spot on. King printed full date until 1980.

Demon of the Prim TCCBodhi is a splendid one to behold TCCBodhi is a splendid one to behold TCCBodhi is a splendid one to behold TCCBodhi is a splendid one to behold TCCBodhi is a splendid one to behold TCCBodhi is a splendid one to behold TCCBodhi is a splendid one to behold TCCBodhi's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by webstar1000 View Post
    I would go for a Desparation. Killer artist and nice production! $350 is a good price too
    I'd agree. I held one of these in my hands yesterday and it was quite a beauty. Loved the inside color of the traycase; outside of the book itself being quite nice. I think I'll be looking for one sooner rather than later.
    WANTED

Si em, tow en can de lach jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92's Avatar

My Mood
    Busy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by TCCBodhi View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by webstar1000 View Post
    I'd agree. I held one of these in my hands yesterday and it was quite a beauty. Loved the inside color of the traycase; outside of the book itself being quite nice. I think I'll be looking for one sooner rather than later.
    Desperation was my first King book I read... I loved it. The S/L is great, I also ordered a Dust Jacket from the gift edition that I added to my S/L because I wanted more Maitz on my book

Country
    Country Flag

Desperation was my first King book I read... I loved it. The S/L is great, I also ordered a Dust Jacket from the gift edition that I added to my S/L because I wanted more Maitz on my book
    I've become a genuine Maitz fan after seeing a big spurt of his Desperation artwork from the HF2015!

Now, I'm patiently waiting on a package from Lot Guy; one very old and one very new! I can't wait to include them as the key pieces of one of my next New P&J posts!
    WANTED

Country
    Country Flag

So today I see the posting on the new book/edition by George Beahm. I saw several of his on my aunt's bookcase this weekend, but didn't know them and didn't pay much attention to them with all of the actual SK that was there! There was one more Beahm SL that was still in the shipping package, but don't have it pictured, nor remember specifically WHICH one it was, but it was a more limited version of one of the 4 in this picture. Everything here is all pristine 1sts with several signed if it matches everything else that I saw in the bookcase. Did I overlook some treasures here?
    WANTED

Bastard Son of Cort stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

So today I see the posting on the new book/edition by George Beahm. I saw several of his on my aunt's bookcase this weekend, but didn't know them and didn't pay much attention to them with all of the actual SK that was there! There was one more Beahm SL that was still in the shipping package, but don't have it pictured, nor remember specifically WHICH one it was, but it was a more limited version of one of the 4 in this picture. Everything here is all pristine 1sts with several signed if it matches everything else that I saw in the bookcase. Did I overlook some treasures here?
    I have most (if not all) of the books pictured here. There are various numbered (black ink, red ink) and lettered editions. Most can be picked up for $60 - $100 with the lettered ones fetching not much more. This seems to be a good time to be picking up these books about King as they are at a low selling point currently.
    "A real limited edition, far from being an expensive autograph stapled to a novel, is a treasure. And like all treasures do, it transforms the responsible owner into a caretaker, and being a caretaker of something as fragile and easily destroyed as ideas and images is not a bad thing but a good one...and so is the re-evaluation of what books are and what they do that necessarily follows." - Stephen King

Country
    Country Flag

Interesting. I was so focused in on the actual SK, that I jumped right over these. Just shows you to never discount anything.
    WANTED

Roont jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic's Avatar

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

There's also Beahm's SK Collectibles, which, although the pricing is very outdated, is a gold mine of information. I can't tell it it's in there or not.

John

Country
    Country Flag

I don't think so, unless it is the one facing inward. (or the one in the padded shipping envelope). Interesting reconnaissance mission for next time I go down.
    WANTED

Bastard Son of Cort stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

I don't think so, unless it is the one facing inward. (or the one in the padded shipping envelope). Interesting reconnaissance mission for next time I go down.
    Nope Thats not it - it looks like this:

and I agree with John, a mine of information. The pricing is outdated (Bachman Rage - $50 ) but also interesting to see which books have increased more in value. Its also one of the best guides to books about King as well as his own works.

You can pick up a paperback copy for low money (I was kindly sent one by a member here and is my reading copy) Since then I have picked up this signed Limited 1st edition.

"A real limited edition, far from being an expensive autograph stapled to a novel, is a treasure. And like all treasures do, it transforms the responsible owner into a caretaker, and being a caretaker of something as fragile and easily destroyed as ideas and images is not a bad thing but a good one...and so is the re-evaluation of what books are and what they do that necessarily follows." - Stephen King

Servant of Gan sharki69 is a name known to all sharki69 is a name known to all sharki69 is a name known to all sharki69 is a name known to all sharki69 is a name known to all sharki69 is a name known to all sharki69's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

More of a general collecting question

I have 2 identical first edition HC books (not King), both SIGNED - one is signed on the title page and one is signed on a tipped in page. The condition of the book with the tipped in page is one degree better than the title page signed. I would say NF vs. VG

If I need to keep one - Which one to keep ?

Gunslinger Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by sharki69 View Post

I have 2 identical first edition HC books (not King), both SIGNED - one is signed on the title page and one is signed on a tipped in page. The condition of the book with the tipped in page is one degree better than the title page signed. I would say NF vs. VG

Tough one, I would keep the flat signed one and let the tipped-in one go. My thinking is if you later regret it, the tipped-in edition MAY be easier to find depending on the book. Of course this is all speculation on my part so you might want to wait to hear from other, more knowledgeable collectors!

President-Matt Fisher Fan Club Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute

My Mood
    Asleep

Quote Originally Posted by sharki69 View Post

sharki69, i am very disappointed in this question. the obvious answer is you keep them both (I know you said it was not KING, but if it was you keep them both). I think i have about 5 or 6 variations of each book all signed by Joe Hill. My wife always asks how many copies of the same book do you need, my answer is ALL. That is why we hang on this site. It is a support group.

i like tipped in books (Joe Hill for example), i have both, would not get rid of either.

to address your question I prefer my KING signatures

1. Flatsigned and on the title page (and in person).
    2. Then on the tipped in page.

NEVER on the Cover.

Great Old One zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig's Avatar

My Mood
    Inspired
    Country
    Country Flag

I'd keep them both too. I've faced a similar question regarding two copies of Armada that I have. Once is signed on the title page, and one on a bookplate. I was going to sell one, but couldn't decide with to sell, so I eventually settled on keeping them both. What time does group therapy start?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 393 of 567 FirstFirst ... 293 343 383 391 392 393 394 395 403 443 493 ... LastLast