Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 385 of 567 FirstFirst ... 285 335 375 383 384 385 386 387 395 435 485 ... LastLast
Results 9,601 to 9,625 of 14170

Thread: Stephen King Collecting Questions

Weedeater jonp is a splendid one to behold jonp is a splendid one to behold jonp is a splendid one to behold jonp is a splendid one to behold jonp is a splendid one to behold jonp is a splendid one to behold jonp is a splendid one to behold jonp's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Under The Dome paperback was released in the UK with multiple covers featuring characters from the book on the front cover. One of the covers was a limited edition of ?100 copies. Does anybody have a picture of this cover. Any help would be much appreciated.
    Thank you.

Honky Mahfah biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

Steve (ur2nd) probably still has headaches from trying to find a complete and unblemished set of those paperbacks including the 1/100 cover. If I recall correctly he literally ordered dozens of copies and he kept getting versions he didn't need or they were damaged (or both).

Weedeater jonp is a splendid one to behold jonp is a splendid one to behold jonp is a splendid one to behold jonp is a splendid one to behold jonp is a splendid one to behold jonp is a splendid one to behold jonp is a splendid one to behold jonp's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

I have found a UK 1st PB that says Exclusive Limited Edition Cover printed at the top of the cover and the character on the front is a boy with a red tee-shirt with a white collar leaning against a car. I was wondering if this was the 1/100 cover?

Goldmember carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by jonp View Post
    I have found a UK 1st PB that says Exclusive Limited Edition Cover printed at the top of the cover and the character on the front is a boy with a red tee-shirt with a white collar leaning against a car. I was wondering if this was the 1/100 cover?
    Here is the set still in shrinkwrap. I think the limited edition one is on the left.

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Thanks Bob. It looks like the same book

Bastard Son of Cort stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

I thought it was only the shrinkwraped set that was done in a limitation of 100? They sold that variant seperately as well.

From Lilja...

Tesco.com who are selling the fifth cover are also offering the opportunity to purchase all 5 covers in one shrink wrap set. This comes with 5 postcards (based on the 5 covers) in an envelope. There are only 100 of these sets, so they are also considered a limited edition.
    "A real limited edition, far from being an expensive autograph stapled to a novel, is a treasure. And like all treasures do, it transforms the responsible owner into a caretaker, and being a caretaker of something as fragile and easily destroyed as ideas and images is not a bad thing but a good one...and so is the re-evaluation of what books are and what they do that necessarily follows." - Stephen King

Great Old One zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig's Avatar

My Mood
    Inspired
    Country
    Country Flag

Yes, looks like you got it Jon. Congrats. And I love that whole shrinkwrapped set. Been after it for a long time...

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Ah! Thanks Simon. I just though someone opened up the set. I remember being on Tesco's website the day of release hovering over the buy button for the set and then deciding not to buy them. Idiot!

Roont jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic's Avatar

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

I also have an unopened set.

John

Gunslinger Apprentice Papaseraphim will become famous soon enough Papaseraphim will become famous soon enough Papaseraphim's Avatar

Those are really neat. Thanks for sharing!

It's tough being a completist, eh Bob?

Quote Originally Posted by carlosdetweiller View Post
    Here is the set still in shrinkwrap. I think the limited edition one is on the left.

The absence of a thing, this can be as deadly as the presence. The absence of air, eh?
    The absence of water? The absence of anything else we're addicted to.

- Baron Vladimir Harkonnen

Goldmember Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

Ah! Thanks Simon. I just though someone opened up the set. I remember being on Tesco's website the day of release hovering over the buy button for the set and then deciding not to buy them. Idiot!
    It took a long time to sell out. They reduced the price by 1/3rd and it still took nearly a year to sell out. I remember directing a member on here (Simon) to the site when it was reduced in price.

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Rabbit Trick View Post
    It took a long time to sell out. They reduced the price by 1/3rd and it still took nearly a year to sell out. I remember directing a member on here (Simon) to the site when it was reduced in price.
    Thanks Alan, I'm really surprised by the length of time it took to sell out. I assume most Tesco customers wouldn't want a pack of 5 almost identical books.

Bastard Son of Cort stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

[I remember directing a member on here (Simon) to the site when it was reduced in price.
    Was that me?
    "A real limited edition, far from being an expensive autograph stapled to a novel, is a treasure. And like all treasures do, it transforms the responsible owner into a caretaker, and being a caretaker of something as fragile and easily destroyed as ideas and images is not a bad thing but a good one...and so is the re-evaluation of what books are and what they do that necessarily follows." - Stephen King

Goldmember Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by stroppygoblin View Post
    [I remember directing a member on here (Simon) to the site when it was reduced in price.
    Was that me?
    No, my memory is getting worse. I found the message, and it was Barry (shnnrc01). They were selling it at £27.97 reduced from £39.95.

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by stroppygoblin View Post
    Was that me?
    No, my memory is getting worse. I found the message, and it was Barry (shnnrc01). They were selling it at £27.97 reduced from £39.95.
    LOL - I'm glad it's your memory and not mine!

Great Old One ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan's Avatar

I was going to buy all 100 of them, destroy 99 of the suckers and then put the only copy left on Ebay with a Buy It Now of $1000. But it just seemed like too much trouble.
    I'm sure if there is intelligent life somewhere out there in the universe, they are wise enough to stay away from us.

And the people bowed and prayed, to the cell phone god they made...

Great Old One zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig's Avatar

My Mood
    Inspired
    Country
    Country Flag

Good one Steve.... but hey, if anyone has a set for sale, I'm interested.

Can Toi Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck's Avatar

New Zealand (pronounced Noo Zeeland if you want to get the accent right...)
    My Mood
    Angelic
    Country
    Country Flag

Hi team, hoping someone will be able to give me a little info please. I picked up a collection of Phantasmagoria magazines, and don't really know much about them (rarity, popularity etc). What I have is the following:
    - Four "comic book" style editions (Numbers 4, 5, 6, & 7). Number 4, 6 & 7 are signed by George.
    - Two "newspaper" style editions (Numbers 9 and 11). Both signed.
    - Two different editions of The Final Chapter, a paperback edition and a leather bound hard back edition. Both signed.
    - A reprint of numbers 1 to 3, that have the following signed page with them:

Is this stuff hard to collect? What am I missing? (numbers 8 and 10 I guess, but others?)

Any input would be appreciated.

Thank you!
    James

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Some useful info right here James

Can Toi Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck's Avatar

New Zealand (pronounced Noo Zeeland if you want to get the accent right...)
    My Mood
    Angelic
    Country
    Country Flag

Fantastic! Thank you.

So looks like I am just missing 8&10 for a set, and issues 1-3 of the original copies. More to add to my wish list.

Thanks again!

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Jimimck View Post

Is this stuff hard to collect? What am I missing? (numbers 8 and 10 I guess, but others?)

Any input would be appreciated.

Thank you!
    James
    I bought a full set off ebay (all originals) for £26 and sold them to a member on here (Brice) for £32. So they are easy to get.

Demon of the Prim TCCBodhi is a splendid one to behold TCCBodhi is a splendid one to behold TCCBodhi is a splendid one to behold TCCBodhi is a splendid one to behold TCCBodhi is a splendid one to behold TCCBodhi is a splendid one to behold TCCBodhi is a splendid one to behold TCCBodhi's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Hey guys, How much of a minor shelf wear (scratches, tiny gouge, etc) would you accept on a glossy slipcover (encasing the book and dustjacket, of course) coming from a pubilisher, particularly if it isn't a completely brand new title? Let's say that these are artist editions. Am I being unrealistic that they should be flawless?
    WANTED
    US 1st Printings. I have THESE
    #92 IT Portfolio (or the #95 IT to swap for the #92 that I have)
    Any #95 SK-related Cemetery Dance Edition
    Any #7 PS Publishing Edition
    Sleeping Beauties: Signed Tour version.

Demon of the Prim killjoy72 is a jewel in the rough killjoy72 is a jewel in the rough killjoy72 is a jewel in the rough killjoy72's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Unless it was advertised as a Nick & Dent (and priced as such), then no, I don't think you are being unrealistic at all..

"I'm working on my sense of humor" Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an's Avatar

“No matter how cynical you get, it is impossible to keep up” -Lily Tomlin
    Country
    Country Flag

Does the CD gift edition of From A Buick 8 fit in the traycase for the S/L?
    "One day you're going to figure out that everything they taught you was a lie."

Goldmember Lot guy is a splendid one to behold Lot guy is a splendid one to behold Lot guy is a splendid one to behold Lot guy is a splendid one to behold Lot guy is a splendid one to behold Lot guy is a splendid one to behold Lot guy is a splendid one to behold

Perfect fit Br!an

+ Reply to Thread
Page 385 of 567 FirstFirst ... 285 335 375 383 384 385 386 387 395 435 485 ... LastLast