Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 382 of 567 FirstFirst ... 282 332 372 380 381 382 383 384 392 432 482 ... LastLast
Results 9,526 to 9,550 of 14170

Thread: Stephen King Collecting Questions

Wizard of End-World wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow's Avatar

My Mood
    Busy
    Country
    Country Flag

Hmmmm, need some help here. I have a UK person asking me for a 1st edition USA Dolores Claiborne with the following specs:

23.50 on the DJ, (Canada $28.99)
    code 0193 on the DJ,
    1 3 5 7 9 10 8 6 4 2 on the Copyright page,
    paste downs and front and rear end papers in gold, and without serrated outer edges.
    And most important of all No "£14.99 (UK) Export only" on the lower bottom DJ.

I personally own a signed copy close to publication date, but it has the UK Export only and serrated edges....I cannot recall EVER seeing a copy WITHOUT the UK Export only and smooth outer page edges.

So, experts....does such a thing as she describes really exist?

Dragline : Nothin'. A handful of nothin'. You stupid mullet head. He beat you with nothin'. Just like today when he kept comin' back at me - with nothin'.
    Luke : Yeah, well, sometimes nothin' can be a real cool hand

Vagrant Dead frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I bought my US copy in the Netherlands: with serrated edges and the export only.
    I've never seen a copy your customer describes.
    Wish I could be of more help.

sk

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Never have seen what David described.

"I'm working on my sense of humor" Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an's Avatar

“No matter how cynical you get, it is impossible to keep up” -Lily Tomlin
    Country
    Country Flag

I can only answer in the negative. All of my copies have the serrated edge and £14.99 Export only.
    "One day you're going to figure out that everything they taught you was a lie."

Great Old One ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan's Avatar

I bought my DC the week it was released and it's just like yours. I also bought the Book Club edition, which is the same except no prices. I also have the Quality Paperback Book Club edition which has smooth page edges, but of course no dust jacket.
    I'm sure if there is intelligent life somewhere out there in the universe, they are wise enough to stay away from us.

And the people bowed and prayed, to the cell phone god they made...

Great Old One zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig's Avatar

My Mood
    Inspired
    Country
    Country Flag

Same as all the other responses. My copy is exactly as described, but it has the serrated edges and the export only price.

Maerlyn's Imp allasorte has a spectacular aura about allasorte has a spectacular aura about allasorte has a spectacular aura about allasorte's Avatar

My Mood
    Confused

Quote Originally Posted by wizardsrainbow View Post
    Hmmmm, need some help here. I have a UK person asking me for a 1st edition USA Dolores Claiborne with the following specs:

23.50 on the DJ, (Canada $28.99)
    code 0193 on the DJ,
    1 3 5 7 9 10 8 6 4 2 on the Copyright page,
    paste downs and front and rear end papers in gold, and without serrated outer edges.
    And most important of all No "£14.99 (UK) Export only" on the lower bottom DJ.

I personally own a signed copy close to publication date, but it has the UK Export only and serrated edges....I cannot recall EVER seeing a copy WITHOUT the UK Export only and smooth outer page edges.

So, experts....does such a thing as she describes really exist?
    The without serrated edges I believe is a non-existent thing. As in does not existed. All the copies I have seen have edges like The Stand. Perhaps this potential buyer has been mislead to believe something like this is out there?
    Words have no power to impress the mind without the exquisite horror of their reality. Edgar Allan Poe

Wizard of End-World wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow's Avatar

My Mood
    Busy
    Country
    Country Flag

Thank you for your prompt responses....it is as I thought, I think she has been misled somehow.

Dragline : Nothin'. A handful of nothin'. You stupid mullet head. He beat you with nothin'. Just like today when he kept comin' back at me - with nothin'.
    Luke : Yeah, well, sometimes nothin' can be a real cool hand

Demon of the Prim AKC has much to be proud of AKC has much to be proud of AKC has much to be proud of AKC has much to be proud of AKC has much to be proud of AKC has much to be proud of AKC has much to be proud of AKC has much to be proud of AKC has much to be proud of AKC has much to be proud of AKC's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Having been in the game for awhile, I should know this but I don't so...

With David likely being out of commission for awhile (poor guy, once the house sells, then he is REALLY going to be busy), what are some other reputable resources for limited King collectibles to peruse / browse on a daily basis?

I know ABE is a popular destination but their prices are historically WAY TOO HIGH.....

Input appreciated....simply curious, that's all.

Maerlyn's Imp allasorte has a spectacular aura about allasorte has a spectacular aura about allasorte has a spectacular aura about allasorte's Avatar

My Mood
    Confused

Quote Originally Posted by AKC View Post
    Having been in the game for awhile, I should know this but I don't so...

With David likely being out of commission for awhile (poor guy, once the house sells, then he is REALLY going to be busy), what are some other reputable resources for limited King collectibles to peruse / browse on a daily basis?

I know ABE is a popular destination but their prices are historically WAY TOO HIGH.....

Input appreciated....simply curious, that's all.
    A friend told me the sellers on Abebooks, Biblio, and Alibris are better then Ebay. I have had just the same amount of problems with all of them. The three big stores have less description from most sellers and so little pictures and tend to be pricey. You need to ask the seller a question to figure out for yourself if it is worth it. I once bought a 1st/1st Dead Zone from a seller on Biblio. It was beautiful, but a 3rd printing. I had to send it back. So you have to be careful. Besides Betts I'd say Ebay as there are always people listing things at fair prices. Obviously here too. Someone mentioned some other site on here and I can't remember the name, but they too are pricey. I'm not looking to get something for free, competitive pricing sure, but it makes me curious as to what people are thinking when they list something. Maybe someone else here knows better places then these.
    Words have no power to impress the mind without the exquisite horror of their reality. Edgar Allan Poe

Goldmember Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

Its years since Betts has had anything my collection needs. I just use ebay.

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Wow!!!
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

Gunslinger Apprentice craigobau has a spectacular aura about craigobau has a spectacular aura about craigobau's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I'm looking at buying a Grant HB editiion of The Gunslinger and given my limited budget, I was wondering if, for a collectable perspective, if I would be better off buying a 3rd printing of the 1st edition or buying a 2nd edition copy?

Opinions welcomed!

Thanks.

Demon of the Prim killjoy72 is a jewel in the rough killjoy72 is a jewel in the rough killjoy72 is a jewel in the rough killjoy72's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

The 2nd edition, definitely.

Si em, tow en can de lach jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92's Avatar

My Mood
    Busy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by craigobau View Post
    I'm looking at buying a Grant HB editiion of The Gunslinger and given my limited budget, I was wondering if, for a collectable perspective, if I would be better off buying a 3rd printing of the 1st edition or buying a 2nd edition copy?

Opinions welcomed!

Thanks.
    I have all 3... I started with the 3rd then the 2nd when I wanted to have a real looking one and then just watched for a good priced first. since I was happy with the 2 I already had I was in no rush so I think I paid $500 for my 1/1 in great shape a few months ago.

Roont jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic's Avatar

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

If you have the choice, go for the 2nd. It's much more collectible.

John

Bastard Son of Cort stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

I also have all 3. I started with a 3rd and managed to buy a nice second for a reasonable price. Got some guy called Steve King to sign it and then sold it for a price that enabled me to buy a 1st. Since then I have replaced the 2nd as well.

You will get there... Patience is the key!
    "A real limited edition, far from being an expensive autograph stapled to a novel, is a treasure. And like all treasures do, it transforms the responsible owner into a caretaker, and being a caretaker of something as fragile and easily destroyed as ideas and images is not a bad thing but a good one...and so is the re-evaluation of what books are and what they do that necessarily follows." - Stephen King

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Go for the one with the white boards. It is by far the most desirable
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Gunslinger Apprentice craigobau has a spectacular aura about craigobau has a spectacular aura about craigobau's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by stroppygoblin View Post
    I also have all 3. I started with a 3rd and managed to buy a nice second for a reasonable price. Got some guy called Steve King to sign it and then sold it for a price that enabled me to buy a 1st. Since then I have replaced the 2nd as well.

Thanks everyone for your replies and thoughts.

Would you consider USD$200 for a near-fine, 2nd edition a good price?

Roont jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic's Avatar

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

Yes, definitely!

John

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by craigobau View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by stroppygoblin View Post

Thanks everyone for your replies and thoughts.

Would you consider USD$200 for a near-fine, 2nd edition a good price?
    I would.
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Bastard Son of Cort stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Hell yes!
    "A real limited edition, far from being an expensive autograph stapled to a novel, is a treasure. And like all treasures do, it transforms the responsible owner into a caretaker, and being a caretaker of something as fragile and easily destroyed as ideas and images is not a bad thing but a good one...and so is the re-evaluation of what books are and what they do that necessarily follows." - Stephen King

Great Old One zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig's Avatar

My Mood
    Inspired
    Country
    Country Flag

Ultimately you may want all three to be complete. Starting with the 2nd is a good idea. And of course, at some point you should get the signed limited as well but that will set you back some.

Goldmember Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by zelig View Post
    Ultimately you may want all three to be complete. Starting with the 2nd is a good idea. And of course, at some point you should get the signed limited as well but that will set you back some.
    ...all five. Don't forget the Lettered.

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

And the Viking updated 1st and the Plume paperback 1st and the UK Sphere 1st....

+ Reply to Thread
Page 382 of 567 FirstFirst ... 282 332 372 380 381 382 383 384 392 432 482 ... LastLast