Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 372 of 567 FirstFirst ... 272 322 362 370 371 372 373 374 382 422 472 ... LastLast
Results 9,276 to 9,300 of 14170

Thread: Stephen King Collecting Questions

Roont jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic's Avatar

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

If the dust jacket doesn't have a price, it's probably a book club edition. Not all BMOC editions state that they are Book Club editions.

Doubleday ran out of "regular" trade editions and put a sticker on the dust jacket of some book club Salem's Lot editions and distributed them as trade editions. They aren't as valuable as the "regular" trade, but they are more valuable than the BMOC ones, even though they don't say First Edition on the CP.

John

Demon of the Prim mikeC has a spectacular aura about mikeC has a spectacular aura about mikeC has a spectacular aura about

Quote Originally Posted by jhanic View Post
    If the dust jacket doesn't have a price, it's probably a book club edition. Not all BMOC editions state that they are Book Club editions.

Doubleday ran out of "regular" trade editions and put a sticker on the dust jacket of some book club Salem's Lot editions and distributed them as trade editions. They aren't as valuable as the "regular" trade, but they are more valuable than the BMOC ones, even though they don't say First Edition on the CP.

John
    Ha! Shady and interesting. Thanks John!

Demon of the Prim goheat will become famous soon enough goheat will become famous soon enough goheat's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Hi All,

What are your impressions of this signature from a front end piece of a copy of Rose Madder? As usual I value the DT.org members for opinions!
    "God punishes us for what we cannot imagine." - Stephen King, Duma Key

Roont jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic's Avatar

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

Probably okay.

John

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I agree. Looks good to me...
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Demon of the Prim killjoy72 is a jewel in the rough killjoy72 is a jewel in the rough killjoy72 is a jewel in the rough killjoy72's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Sig looks good to me, goheat.

Demon of the Prim Priest is a name known to all Priest is a name known to all Priest is a name known to all Priest is a name known to all Priest is a name known to all Priest is a name known to all Priest's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

would agree - looks good to me too

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

Demon of the Prim goheat will become famous soon enough goheat will become famous soon enough goheat's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Thanks, all. I think it's good as well!
    "God punishes us for what we cannot imagine." - Stephen King, Duma Key

Demon of the Prim Ben Eads is just really nice Ben Eads is just really nice Ben Eads is just really nice Ben Eads is just really nice Ben Eads is just really nice Ben Eads's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

Does anyone know if Stephen King has stopped doing signed numbered limited editions of his work? In specific, numbered limited runs that HE actually signs too.
    WANTED:

Dust jacket for The Shining SNL.

Dust jacket for 25th Anniversary edition of IT, signed, numbered, tray-cased copy.

Signed numbered limited edition of Josh Malerman's Goblin, published by Earthling Publications.

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Ben Eads View Post
    Does anyone know if Stephen King has stopped doing signed numbered limited editions of his work? In specific, numbered limited runs that HE actually signs too.
    He did two last year--Doctor Sleep and The Shining. What makes you think he's stopped?

John

Demon of the Prim Ben Eads is just really nice Ben Eads is just really nice Ben Eads is just really nice Ben Eads is just really nice Ben Eads is just really nice Ben Eads's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by jhanic View Post
    He did two last year--Doctor Sleep and The Shining. What makes you think he's stopped?

John
    Thanks, John!

During a few speeches and interviews King mentioned his distaste for signed numbered limited editions, and if he had his druthers, he wouldn't do anymore of them coupled with CD and PS doing some AMAZING signed numbered limited runs of his work recently bereft his signature.

Again, any insight would be deeply appreciated.
    WANTED:

Dust jacket for 25th Anniversary edition of IT, signed, numbered, tray-cased copy.

Signed numbered limited edition of Josh Malerman's Goblin, published by Earthling Publications.

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

For now, only King knows. Certainly 2015 is looking to be the first year since 2008 King hasn't done a reasonable amount of numbered S/L copies.
    That could change tomorrow, but personally, I'm not optimistic.

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Randall Flagg View Post
    For now, only King knows. Certainly 2015 is looking to be the first year since 2008 King hasn't done a reasonable amount of numbered S/L copies.
    Thanks for the insight, Jerome! =)

That's my gut feeling, and I'm not optimistic either. I've been out of the loop for so long I just wanted to make sure I didn't miss an official announcement.
    WANTED:

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Randall Flagg View Post
    I sure hope so RF but I have the same gut feeling... He is getting older and doesn't really have to anything at this point in his life.
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

It gets more discouraging if one is hoping for an original novel being done as a numbered S/L. King did no promo tour or S/L for Mr. Mercedes, it's looking the same for Finders Keepers, and thus would be odd (but King is odd) if King did a tour or S/L for the untitled 3rd in the trilogy.
    If somehow King and Straub have finished Talisman 3, then it's a very well kept secret-but still no guarantee of a S/L.

Great Old One zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig's Avatar

My Mood
    Inspired
    Country
    Country Flag

There is also the signed lettered Anniversary editions from PS. I was initially surprised that he had agreed to sign for those, but not the CD ones.

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

I presumed the question meant a total quantity substantially for than 26.
    2015 in quantity is looking to be a dry year.
    Of course Mt. Rabbit Trick would counter that anyone with $3.5K+ can get this years offering at issue price.

Goldmember Lot guy is a splendid one to behold Lot guy is a splendid one to behold Lot guy is a splendid one to behold Lot guy is a splendid one to behold Lot guy is a splendid one to behold Lot guy is a splendid one to behold Lot guy is a splendid one to behold

It would be great if CD released a Signed Lumited boxed set for the Mr. Mercedes trilogy!!!! Dreaming here but it would be nice and I think they'd do the best with production.

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Lot guy View Post
    It would be great if CD released a Signed Lumited boxed set for the Mr. Mercedes trilogy!!!! Dreaming here but it would be nice and I think they'd do the best with production.
    I know eh? I always think too that maybe King will decide to sign a total art Portfoilio for the CD Doubleday. I mean he has to have input on it Ya know?
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Gunslinger Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy's Avatar

Has it been stated that there will be no S/L for Bazaar of Bad Dreams?

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Tommy View Post
    I presume he will do some sort of promotional signing tour, but other than that presumption I haven't heard a peep. Still, it's early on in the process.
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

Gunslinger Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Merlin1958 View Post
    I presume he will do some sort of promotional signing tour, but other than that presumption I haven't heard a peep. Still, it's early on in the process.
    Thanks!

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Merlin1958 View Post
    Thanks!
    You're very welcome though I don't know that I gave you much info. You know, I keep hearing how much he despises "Limiteds" yet it seems he keeps doing them regardless. Which is a good thing for us of course just kinda weird, IMHO
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

Demon of the Prim mikeC has a spectacular aura about mikeC has a spectacular aura about mikeC has a spectacular aura about

I'd like to see an interview about this, my theory is he does them to help small publishers afloat, maybe he's getting a little sentimental about his older stuff and maybe he figures he's not doing anything but a couple sigs so what difference does it make. shrug?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 372 of 567 FirstFirst ... 272 322 362 370 371 372 373 374 382 422 472 ... LastLast