Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 344 of 567 FirstFirst ... 244 294 334 342 343 344 345 346 354 394 444 ... LastLast
Results 8,576 to 8,600 of 14170

Thread: Stephen King Collecting Questions

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by ELazansky View Post
    Can someone tell me the original retail price of Lord John Signatures, the 400 copy edition? The Catalog has the Deluxe Edition price of $400, but nothing for the regular numbered edition.
    I have looked for this too...
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Weedeater jonp is a splendid one to behold jonp is a splendid one to behold jonp is a splendid one to behold jonp is a splendid one to behold jonp is a splendid one to behold jonp is a splendid one to behold jonp is a splendid one to behold jonp's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Hi Everyone. I was wondering if anybody's got the 10th anniversary reissue by Scribner of On Writing : A Memoir of the Craft. Is there any difference to the text from the original release? What are the pointers I should look out for a first Printing on the copyright page?
    Many thanks
    Jon

"I'm working on my sense of humor" Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an's Avatar

“No matter how cynical you get, it is impossible to keep up” -Lily Tomlin
    Country
    Country Flag

Title: On Writing
    Author: Stephen King
    Artist: Designed by Erich Hobbing
    Publisher: Scribner
    ISBN: 0-684-85352-3
    Year: October 3, 2000
    State: Trade Hardback First Edition. Issue price $25.00
    Comments: Quarter bound in black with crème boards having white pastedowns.
    Full number line: 1 3 5 7 9 10 8 6 4 2

http://www.thedarktower.org/palaverStephen+King+First+Editions:On+Writing+-+Trade+HC
    "One day you're going to figure out that everything they taught you was a lie."

Weedeater jonp is a splendid one to behold jonp is a splendid one to behold jonp is a splendid one to behold jonp is a splendid one to behold jonp is a splendid one to behold jonp is a splendid one to behold jonp is a splendid one to behold jonp's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Br!an View Post
    Title: On Writing
    Author: Stephen King
    Artist: Designed by Erich Hobbing
    Publisher: Scribner
    ISBN: 0-684-85352-3
    Year: October 3, 2000
    State: Trade Hardback First Edition. Issue price $25.00
    Comments: Quarter bound in black with crème boards having white pastedowns.
    Full number line: 1 3 5 7 9 10 8 6 4 2

http://www.thedarktower.org/palaverStephen+King+First+Editions:On+Writing+-+Trade+HC
    Thanks Brian, But I was after details specifically for the 10th Anniversary Reissue Hardback Edition in 2010. Cover looks like this
    Last edited by jonp; 09-27-2014 at 03:32 AM. Reason: add photo

Gunslinger Apprentice Jay127 will become famous soon enough Jay127 will become famous soon enough

Hello all. I'm a long time lurker, and just staring to post. Quick question. I know the answer is in a thread here somewhere, but I can't find it. I recently picked up a first of Wizard and Glass in the shrink wrap. What's the consensus, take the plastic off or leave it on? Thanks!

Roont jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic's Avatar

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Jay127 View Post
    Hello all. I'm a long time lurker, and just staring to post. Quick question. I know the answer is in a thread here somewhere, but I can't find it. I recently picked up a first of Wizard and Glass in the shrink wrap. What's the consensus, take the plastic off or leave it on? Thanks!
    Take it off!

John

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Take a shower, be absolutely clean, naked, and dry. Then remove the shrinkwrap.

"I'm working on my sense of humor" Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Randall Flagg View Post
    Take a shower, be absolutely clean, naked, and dry. Then remove the shrinkwrap.

The general consensus, with exception, is to remove it. If you don't remove it you don't know what you own. (The only exception that I might have is if I plan to resell it fairly quickly.) All of the books for my collection are removed from shrink-wrap and then protected by a Brodart cover, a decent bookcase with doors, perhaps an archival bag, etc..

Gunslinger Apprentice Jay127 will become famous soon enough Jay127 will become famous soon enough

Thanks for the advice! I bought a slipcase from Tomas, and I've removed the plastic and put a Brodart cover on.

Country
    Country Flag

Thanks for the advice! I bought a slipcase from Tomas, and I've removed the plastic and put a Brodart cover on.
    That should do nicely!

Guardian of the Beam cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Brodart has 40% off sale - tomorrow:

http://www.shopbrodart.com/?utm_sour...NE+DAY+ONLY%21

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Really odd question but... I got my IT GE and shipped it right out for a remarque... What I did not do was check the amount of blank pages should I want multiple ones... anyone with the IT GE able to tell me how many blank/half blank pages are in the front and how many are in the back of the CD book? Thanks so much guys!
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

3 green FFE at front (would not suggest using), 3 blank (none side by side) pages before Chapter 1.

3 green FFE at rear. 7 blank (including 3 side by side) at end.

Country
    Country Flag

3 green FFE at front (would not suggest using), 3 blank (none side by side) pages before Chapter 1.

3 green FFE at rear. 7 blank (including 3 side by side) at end.
    Perfect. Thanks RF!
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Bastard Son of Cort stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Here are some photo's of the first few pages...

Then as RF said, you have the reverse side of the final page with text, then 3 extra pages (all blank) then the final green FFE.
    "A real limited edition, far from being an expensive autograph stapled to a novel, is a treasure. And like all treasures do, it transforms the responsible owner into a caretaker, and being a caretaker of something as fragile and easily destroyed as ideas and images is not a bad thing but a good one...and so is the re-evaluation of what books are and what they do that necessarily follows." - Stephen King

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by stroppygoblin View Post
    Here are some photo's of the first few pages...

Then as RF said, you have the reverse side of the final page with text, then 3 extra pages (all blank) then the final green FFE.
    That is MINT. Thanks for taking the time Simon! That really helps...
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Bastard Son of Cort stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Those pics ARE rotated if you are seeing them upside down (PhotoBucket seems to take a while for edits to be applied) - Sorry about the last one, the dog decided to creep up and nudged me
    "A real limited edition, far from being an expensive autograph stapled to a novel, is a treasure. And like all treasures do, it transforms the responsible owner into a caretaker, and being a caretaker of something as fragile and easily destroyed as ideas and images is not a bad thing but a good one...and so is the re-evaluation of what books are and what they do that necessarily follows." - Stephen King

Millionth Post Club racerx45 is a splendid one to behold racerx45 is a splendid one to behold racerx45 is a splendid one to behold racerx45 is a splendid one to behold racerx45 is a splendid one to behold racerx45 is a splendid one to behold racerx45 is a splendid one to behold racerx45's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by cit74 View Post
    Brodart has 40% off sale - tomorrow:

http://www.shopbrodart.com/?utm_sour...NE+DAY+ONLY%21
    Thanks! I just ordered enough to all of my books.
    Perhaps I am simply a madman who dreamt of being sane for a little while.
    — Roland Deschain

President-Matt Fisher Fan Club Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute

My Mood
    Asleep

Stephen King and Anne Rice are featured on the cover of Costco Connection You can pick up a copy at your local Costco. You can read the whole article at costoconnection.com October Issue!

If you need one, I will try and pick up an extra or two. Heading there for lunch today!

Probably not the best thread for this, but i included the link below.

http://www.costcoconnection.com/connection/201410#pg1

Not to go on all fours; that is the Law. Are we not Men?. T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Hey guys,

I am trying to get my hands on a 1/1 copy of The Talisman for the HF, can you please tell me if this copy I saw on ebay is a genuine 1/1?

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/THE-TALISM...item2c817e083d

Any help regarding this, would be greatly appreciated.

Many thanks!

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

It looks to be a 1st to me. $55 is a bit steep considering the spine.

Not to go on all fours; that is the Law. Are we not Men?. T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Yeah you're right, the spine does look badly damaged.

I will continue searching for a better copy....

Millionth Post Club racerx45 is a splendid one to behold racerx45 is a splendid one to behold racerx45 is a splendid one to behold racerx45 is a splendid one to behold racerx45 is a splendid one to behold racerx45 is a splendid one to behold racerx45 is a splendid one to behold racerx45's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Yep $55 is too much. I recently picked up a very nice copy for $15.00
    Perhaps I am simply a madman who dreamt of being sane for a little while.
    — Roland Deschain

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by T-Dogz_AK47 View Post
    Yeah you're right, the spine does look badly damaged.

I will continue searching for a better copy....
    AbeBooks has a good selection of fine/nr fine for half that price

Question. I have a few paperbacks that need protecting. I've searched for archival book bags to no avail. Any suggestions? Thanks!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 344 of 567 FirstFirst ... 244 294 334 342 343 344 345 346 354 394 444 ... LastLast