Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 34 of 567 FirstFirst ... 24 32 33 34 35 36 44 84 134 534 ... LastLast

Thread: Stephen King Collecting Questions

One of The Few The Proud CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

Man I am so glad that SK announced his retirement a few years back. he has been quite prolific since! I love his Novellas!
    DT Spoiler - Enter at your own risk!

Spoiler:
    I can’t remember if I cried
    When I read about Eddie’s widowed bride,
    And something touched me deep inside
    The day the bumbler died.”

Click CAN' Ka No Rey for the entire poem, published in Lighthouse VI!

Goldmember Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker's Avatar

My Mood
    Amused
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by wizardsrainbow View Post
    Questions for all of you:

I sold 2 partial DT sets over the weekend. Prices I got were decent, but far from what they would have brought even a year ago. I have enough from the proceeds to buy all the LSOE sets I want.

I still have 2 partial sets left, bith numbers under 500 and one is a very low number.

My question is this: Is the current market the best we are going to see for the DT sets for the foreseeable future, in which case I should try to sell my other 2 partial sets while the getting is decent (I won't say good)? Or should I acquire the matching number LSOE S/L and AE (with another chance at a remarque) and sell the whole thing later?

What is your opinion please?

Thanks
    I would acquire the matching number LSOE S/L and AE and set on them. I think the King stock market will go up.

Mulleins
    Cumberland VA

Rabid Billybumbler Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold

Quote Originally Posted by e_taylor View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by wizardsrainbow View Post
    Questions for all of you:

I sold 2 partial DT sets over the weekend. Prices I got were decent, but far from what they would have brought even a year ago. I have enough from the proceeds to buy all the LSOE sets I want.

I still have 2 partial sets left, bith numbers under 500 and one is a very low number.

My question is this: Is the current market the best we are going to see for the DT sets for the foreseeable future, in which case I should try to sell my other 2 partial sets while the getting is decent (I won't say good)? Or should I acquire the matching number LSOE S/L and AE (with another chance at a remarque) and sell the whole thing later?

What is your opinion please?

Thanks
    I would say if you can wait 3-5 years for both the King market and the economy as a whole to right itself, do that. If you don't want to sit on them, or could use the money better for other things - this is probably the time to sell.

Since having numbers below 500 means you can match up a few other books too, they might be worth keeping...above that, and it doesn't really matter. I would try to sell for the price you want, but I wouldn't compromise and bail out...That's what I'm doing with my last extra of DT VII...the other two I was willing to let go for a lower price, but this one will either sell for close to what I have it listed for, or I'll just keep it and get the LSOE editions.

I think the King market will come back for his most sought after books - which includes all the DT books. But it's going to be a long wait...Still, with Grant having that many orders, there is still a good fan base out there.

Goldmember carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute

Bernie Wrightson's FRANKENSTEIN (well actually it is Mary Shelley's) has been reissued by Dark Horse. It includes King's introduction as well as all of Wrightson's great illustrations.

Has anyone bought one of these yet? If so, can you comment on the quality, price, etc.? I'm trying to decide whether or not to get one.

Gunslinger herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

(there were a special anniversary edition planned for it... what happened?)
    ------------------------------------------------
    CLUB STEPHEN KING (french website about STEPHEN KING, since 1992) : on : Facebook | Twitter | Instagram
    ------------------------------------------------

Vagrant Dead pickle is on a distinguished road pickle's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Default Help needed to identify a first issue

Hey all, i have a question that i hope you may be able to help with.

I have a copy of "Everything's Eventual" HB non-BC that i think may be a first issue, and would appreciate if you could tell me yes or no.

The numbers inside are:

1 3 5 7 9 10 8 6 4 2

I will post some pics when i load them.

Thanks
    ... From the keyboard of Kevin

"A gunslinger knows pride - that invisible bone that keeps the neck stiff."

"Officer Benzyck! It's good to see you and there's some jam right there on your collar, praise God!"- Rev. Earl Harrigan

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

The First Trade of EE should have:

Issue price $28.00
    Comments: Quarter bound light blue with grey boards having white pastedowns.
    Full number line of:
    1 3 5 7 9 10 8 6 4 2

Link to Collectibles Catalog here

I'll leave this up a day and then merge into the general Q&A thread.

Roont Matt will become famous soon enough Matt will become famous soon enough Matt's Avatar

My Mood
    Psychedelic
    Country
    Country Flag

Looks like you have one then Pickle.
    The kindness of close friends is like a warm blanket

Country
    Country Flag

Well its the UK edition

Cover price: £17.99
    Red HB with Black Writing and the black red and white dust jacket.
    Published by Hodder & Stoughton

Oh well atleast i have 1 first edition lol

Thank you all for your help.

"Officer Benzyck! It's good to see you and there's some jam right there on your collar, praise God!"- Rev. Earl Harrigan

Country
    Country Flag

Yes just checked on another site and the Uk HB had a different design then the USA.

This is the UK one:

Yay i have one lol

Roont jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic's Avatar

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

I still think that cover is hideous!

John

Hankerin' for poundcake gsvec has a spectacular aura about gsvec has a spectacular aura about gsvec's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I agree, John - yuk! The US cover is MUCH cooler!

This collecting stuff is a sickness! ~Patrick

Gunslinger Apprentice Airtraffic is on a distinguished road Airtraffic's Avatar

Are there any signings that people are going to be attending soon. I know that Christmas is right around the corner and tons of books are coming out. Just wondering cause I'd like to give myself a present this year.

Roont jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic's Avatar

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by gsvec View Post
    I agree, John - yuk! The US cover is MUCH cooler!
    I MUCH prefer the cover on the UK ARC.

John
    Attached Images

Hankerin' for poundcake gsvec has a spectacular aura about gsvec has a spectacular aura about gsvec's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Umm . . . different book?

This collecting stuff is a sickness! ~Patrick

Country
    Country Flag

I just need to find a new dust jacket now as the one i have is a little bit dammaged. Does anyone know if you can buy a new jacket?

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by pickle View Post
    I just need to find a new dust jacket now as the one i have is a little bit dammaged. Does anyone know if you can buy a new jacket?
    It is possible, but unlikely that an inquiry to the UK publisher would get you a new DJ. I would just keep my eyes open at used bookstores etc. for a nice one.

Country
    Country Flag

I supose i could always try to clean it lol.

Thanks for the info.

Servant of Gan Fsmdr is just really nice Fsmdr is just really nice Fsmdr is just really nice Fsmdr is just really nice Fsmdr's Avatar

My Mood
    Stressed

Quote Originally Posted by Airtraffic View Post
    Are there any signings that people are going to be attending soon. I know that Christmas is right around the corner and tons of books are coming out. Just wondering cause I'd like to give myself a present this year.
    Air,

Any particular author you have in mind?.

Gunslinger Apprentice Airtraffic is on a distinguished road Airtraffic's Avatar

I guess Michael Chricton is out of the question.

but I wouldn't want anyone to go out of there way, if someone was already going I'd toss some cash to get a book for me.

Kate / Batwoman turtlex is on a distinguished road turtlex's Avatar

My Mood
    Gay

Friends - I recall seeing one of these before, what do you think?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...ayphotohosting
    The Man In Black Fled Across The Desert...

...And The Gunslinger Followed.

“I’m always on the Batman rule, sir.” - Kate Kane / Detective Comics 857

"It is the story, not he who tells it." Except to us collectors who have to put limits somewhere. - jhanic

Remember, Remember, The Fifth of November, The Gunpowder, Treason, and Plot.

Goldmember Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker's Avatar

My Mood
    Amused
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by turtlex View Post
    Friends - I recall seeing one of these before, what do you think?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...ayphotohosting
    It's a real sig if that's what your asking. Good collectors item. I remember someone here needing one. Tippy maybe?

Mulleins
    Cumberland VA

Roont Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice's Avatar

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

I may be wrong, but I think Tippy had posted that he had one awhile back.
    The Awesomest fled across the desert and The Awesomer followed.

If you rescue me
    I’ll be your friend forever

I wish that I could write fiction, but that seems almost an impossibility. -howard phillips lovecraft (1915)

Kate / Batwoman turtlex is on a distinguished road turtlex's Avatar

My Mood
    Gay

I was wondering about the sig, yes. I'm thinking to be bidding on it. Might be my only shot at a King DT signature.

Any guesses as to worth? ( like how high should I go )
    The Man In Black Fled Across The Desert...

...And The Gunslinger Followed.

“I’m always on the Batman rule, sir.” - Kate Kane / Detective Comics 857

"It is the story, not he who tells it." Except to us collectors who have to put limits somewhere. - jhanic

Remember, Remember, The Fifth of November, The Gunpowder, Treason, and Plot.

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by turtlex View Post
    I was wondering about the sig, yes. I'm thinking to be bidding on it. Might be my only shot at a King DT signature.

Any guesses as to worth? ( like how high should I go )
    I would say in this market, ~$150. Therefore I recommend you bid no higher than 85% of that =$127.50. If you get it for that price great.
    If all you want is a legit King signature, perhaps you could try the politician who had a fundraiser and KIng signed a ton of bookplates.
    I seem to recall they could be had for <$100.
    I'll try to find the link/info.
    Edit:
    Thread Link

+ Reply to Thread
Page 34 of 567 FirstFirst ... 24 32 33 34 35 36 44 84 134 534 ... LastLast