Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 322 of 567 FirstFirst ... 222 272 312 320 321 322 323 324 332 372 422 ... LastLast
Results 8,026 to 8,050 of 14175

Thread: Stephen King Collecting Questions

Honky Mahfah biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

Oh by the way - I think I remember Steve (ur2ndbiggestfan) mentioning that the EOTD states actually have slightly different DJs...

*edit: here you go: http://www.thedarktower.org/palaver/...gon#post450443

Citizen of Gilead Aronstg has a spectacular aura about Aronstg has a spectacular aura about Aronstg has a spectacular aura about Aronstg's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Could I get some assistance. Could someone tell me how these "defects" will affect the value of this S/L Joyland? There appears to be a small red stain on the pages and there is a printing defect. Looks like the page didn't fully cut and it was folded over. Not sure if this was common in the Joyland copies or not. Any help would be apprecaited. Am curious what this is probably worth.

Thank you,
    Aronstg

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Aronstg View Post
    Could I get some assistance. Could someone tell me how these "defects" will affect the value of this S/L Joyland? There appears to be a small red stain on the pages and there is a printing defect. Looks like the page didn't fully cut and it was folded over. Not sure if this was common in the Joyland copies or not. Any help would be apprecaited. Am curious what this is probably worth.

Thank you,
    Aronstg
    That is a bummer and that would FOR SURE affect the value my friend. Sorry bother
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Citizen of Gilead Aronstg has a spectacular aura about Aronstg has a spectacular aura about Aronstg has a spectacular aura about Aronstg's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Thank you. I figured this wasn't something common in all of the Joyland copies. How much would you say the current value would be of the S/L joyland with these defects? Just looking for rough estimates.

Guardian of the Beam ELazansky is just really nice ELazansky is just really nice ELazansky is just really nice ELazansky is just really nice ELazansky is just really nice ELazansky's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Thank you. I figured this wasn't something common in all of the Joyland copies. How much would you say the current value would be of the S/L joyland with these defects? Just looking for rough estimates.
    Not to sound snarky, but I wouldn't buy that copy at all. There are too many other fine copies available.

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by ELazansky View Post
    Not to sound snarky, but I wouldn't buy that copy at all. There are too many other fine copies available.
    Sorry but I agree 100% with Elazansky....
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Thank you.. makes my decision easy I appreciate it.

Manni Folken The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

It's good advice, Aron. You'll find a perfect copy you'll be happier with I'm sure.

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by The Library Policeman View Post
    It's good advice, Aron. You'll find a perfect copy you'll be happier with I'm sure.
    Yeah. I'm pretty sure that is what I will do. I mean I know the book isn't worthless. It still has King's signature and everything else is fine but I know that many people have suggested that it's always better to find a fine copy than to settle for something inferior unless you are not bothered by it.

Demon of the Prim Dan is a name known to all Dan is a name known to all Dan is a name known to all Dan is a name known to all Dan is a name known to all Dan is a name known to all Dan's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Anyone have better information on which of these is the actual first edition? Both have full number line. One is much heavier paper stock.

I actually see the answer as I type this out, but will leave up for comment. The smaller one with additional writing on front indicates it is a reprint of a previously collected publication. Presumably, the larger, heavier of the two.

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Dan View Post
    Anyone have better information on which of these is the actual first edition? Both have full number line. One is much heavier paper stock.

I actually see the answer as I type this out, but will leave up for comment. The smaller one with additional writing on front indicates it is a reprint of a previously collected publication. Presumably, the larger, heavier of the two.

I can't quickly locate the post(s), or my copy, but biomieg clarified this some time ago.
    Hopefully he will chime in.
    Unfortunately, the Catalog doesn't have the several hundred entries for King ephemera. That's information that falls under the purveyance of Justin Brooks.

Demon of the Prim Dan is a name known to all Dan is a name known to all Dan is a name known to all Dan is a name known to all Dan is a name known to all Dan is a name known to all Dan's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Thanks RF! I have Justin's book, so I should have remembered to check it.

Honky Mahfah biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

The one with the green font is the true 1st, also confirmed by Bob and TwistedNadine (where is she, anyway?). I believe it had a 2000 copy print run.

Country
    Country Flag

Okay, this is a weird kind of 'collecting question' but it has to do with a collector and I didn't want to post it in the Random Comments thread.

Has anyone here been in touch recently with a collector from the UK named Danny (Daniel) Lenzini? He used to post here infrequently as Captain Hollister. Hannes Olverts and I had frequent e-mail contact with him and we both sold him books and purchased books from him as well. Danny seemed like a very decent guy and we had great conversations but he had the tendency to lapse into bouts of radio silence that sometimes lasted for months, even in the midst of transactions.

Anyway, in the end it always worked out - until last summer when I paid him close to $1,000 for a bunch of books I never received. Shortly after I transferred the money all communication ceased again and I never heard from him again.

Strangely, I don't really bear him any ill will - I'm actually a bit worried about him. So - does anyone here know what happened to him?

Goldmember Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

Checked my records, but my only contact with him was in 2006. Don't have any contact details.

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by biomieg View Post
    Okay, this is a weird kind of 'collecting question' but it has to do with a collector and I didn't want to post it in the Random Comments thread.

Has anyone here been in touch recently with a collector from the UK named Danny (Daniel) Lenzini? He used to post here infrequently as Captain Hollister. Hannes Olverts and I had frequent e-mail contact with him and we both sold him books and purchased books from him as well. Danny seemed like a very decent guy and we had great conversations but he had the tendency to lapse into bouts of radio silence that sometimes lasted for months, even in the midst of transactions.

Anyway, in the end it always worked out - until last summer when I paid him close to $1,000 for a bunch of books I never received. Shortly after I transferred the money all communication ceased again and I never heard from him again.

Strangely, I don't really bear him any ill will - I'm actually a bit worried about him. So - does anyone here know what happened to him?
    If you have a mailing address for him, contact the local authorities for a welfare check.

Country
    Country Flag

I know that both Hannes and I were worried that something happened to him. Just curious is all.

Manni Folken The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Never had any dealings with him as far as I can remember, Michaël.

Goldmember Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future

My Mood
    Inspired

So I have a serious question here...

Lately I have been feeling a bit "burnt out" on collecting. With all of the limited, rereleases, etc. I feel like the market is just ever expanding, which isn't necessarily a bad thing. At some point though, it's like, where does it end? I'm sure some of you have gone through the burn out phase. So my question is, how do you deal with that?

I really don't want to sell my collection because I feel that is drastic, and would be painful. I have a nice collection so I'd like to keep it preserved.

Any advice/thoughts are appreciated!

Great Old One zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig's Avatar

My Mood
    Inspired
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Kingfan24 View Post

Lately I have been feeling a bit "burnt out" on collecting. With all of the limited, rereleases, etc. I feel like the market is just ever expanding, which isn't necessarily a bad thing. At some point though, it's like, where does it end? I'm sure some of you have gone through the burn out phase. So my question is, how do you deal with that?

I really don't want to sell my collection because I feel that is drastic, and would be painful. I have a nice collection so I'd like to keep it preserved.

It's funny, I was feeling the same thing this week. I found myself questioning how I could possibly feel that way. I don't know that it's a burn out, just more like feeling exasperated as to the upcoming anniversary editions and the cash investment they'd all require. But yeah, I definitely wouldn't consider selling as an option. My initial reaction was to make some sort of decision to take a "breather" for a while which would mean keeping my money in the bank and not spending it on new releases. Rather focus on maybe filling some holes in the current collection. Of course, missing out on these has a drawback, but at the same time, I might feel better that I'm not constantly running this collecting race to always have everything that comes out in every edition.

Roont jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic's Avatar

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

I've hit that point a few times. I just stop trying to buy everything that comes out, but (proof nut that I am) I do keep looking for proofs, etc. If a new issue s/l comes out, I may or not grab it from the publisher, but I may skip it. After a while, the interest comes back.

John

Great Old One zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig's Avatar

My Mood
    Inspired
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by stroppygoblin View Post
    I thought the general consensus was that the 1983 Pet Sematary was not a 1st printing?
    Just circling back to this... So after reading a few things about it, the information I have is that the 1983 date meant it was not a 1st printing. If you look at the points for the 1st, it has to have "FIRST EDITION" on the Copyright page, a $15.95 price and "Y38" on page 374.

I have a copy here with 1983 on the back, First Edition on CP page, and "Y3?" on page 374. The last number is hidden because of the binding, and I don't feel like pulling it apart to see it. I then realized that it's obviously a possibility that someone simply switched jackets on a 1st edition book.

Weedeater jonp is a splendid one to behold jonp is a splendid one to behold jonp is a splendid one to behold jonp is a splendid one to behold jonp is a splendid one to behold jonp is a splendid one to behold jonp is a splendid one to behold jonp's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

I know exactly what you mean - I may not be suffering from burn-out but I am increasingly finding it difficult to get the new releases, let alone try to fill the gaps of older books. I can't remember the last time I bought an older S/L.

"I'm working on my sense of humor" Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an's Avatar

“No matter how cynical you get, it is impossible to keep up” -Lily Tomlin
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Kingfan24 View Post

Do you read or do you just collect? If you read then read. Enjoy the beautiful books you own. How many books do you own that you haven't even sat down with? Move the focus from "collecting" to enjoying.
    "One day you're going to figure out that everything they taught you was a lie."

"I'm working on my sense of humor" Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an's Avatar

“No matter how cynical you get, it is impossible to keep up” -Lily Tomlin
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by zelig View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by stroppygoblin View Post
    I thought the general consensus was that the 1983 Pet Sematary was not a 1st printing?
    Just circling back to this... So after reading a few things about it, the information I have is that the 1983 date meant it was not a 1st printing. If you look at the points for the 1st, it has to have "FIRST EDITION" on the Copyright page, a $15.95 price and "Y38" on page 374.

I have a copy here with 1983 on the back, First Edition on CP page, and "Y3?" on page 374. The last number is hidden because of the binding, and I don't feel like pulling it apart to see it. I then realized that it's obviously a possibility that someone simply switched jackets on a 1st edition book.
    You might be able to use a bright light to back-light through and read the page 374 gutter code.
    "One day you're going to figure out that everything they taught you was a lie."

+ Reply to Thread
Page 322 of 567 FirstFirst ... 222 272 312 320 321 322 323 324 332 372 422 ... LastLast