Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 32 of 567 FirstFirst ... 22 30 31 32 33 34 42 82 132 532 ... LastLast

Thread: Stephen King Collecting Questions

Demon of the Prim Tatts4Life will become famous soon enough

Country
    Country Flag

Default I want to start collecting

I did some quick looking through the forum and can't really find anything that answers my question. How do I start collecting S/L books from authors? Right now my top authors are Stephen King, and Douglas Preston and Lincoln Child. I know one thing would be to go look on Ebay and do searching on there. But spending that kind of money is out of the question for me. Are there any sites I can go to to sign up or something? I've never done any collecting so I wouldn't know where to start. Thanks for any help you guys have.

Gunslinger herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Randall Flagg View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by herbertwest View Post
    In Italia & USA you dont have an 'official release month' state in the books???
    We have what the retail industry calls a "Street date". That is the date the book is first allowed to be sold to the public. Usually but not always Street dates for books and DVD's fall on Tuesdays. Comics fall on Wednesdays.
    Street date for JAS in the USA is Tuesday November 11, 2008.
    Yeah, but apparently you dont even have a month stated in the book, except the printing one, right?
    ------------------------------------------------
    CLUB STEPHEN KING (french website about STEPHEN KING, since 1992) : on : Facebook | Twitter | Instagram

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Welcome to Calvin's Corner. The least expensive way to obtain a Stephen King S/L is to be on the mailing list of numerous small press publishers. When a book is announced, you have the best chance at purchasing it at issue price. That being said, you will probably find that issue price is expensive.
    Kings most recent five S/L's were:
    2006 Secretary of Dreams. Volume 1 Issue Price:$300
    2007 The Green Mile. Issue Price:$900
    2007 Postscripts 10. Issue Price:$150
    2007 The Colorado Kid. Issue Price:$250
    2007 Dandelion Wine 50th Anniversary. Issue Price:$750

A quick search of ABE revealed some expensive First editions by Preston/Child, but no Signed Limiteds.

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

In Italia & USA you dont have an 'official release month' state in the books???
    We have what the retail industry calls a "Street date". That is the date the book is first allowed to be sold to the public. Usually but not always Street dates for books and DVD's fall on Tuesdays. Comics fall on Wednesdays.
    Street date for JAS in the USA is Tuesday November 11, 2008.
    Yeah, but apparently you dont even have a month stated in the book, except the printing one, right?
    Not having a trade copy of JAS, I can't say. The U.S. trade of Duma Key did state: "First Scribner hardcover edition January, 2008"

Demon of the Prim Tatts4Life will become famous soon enough

Country
    Country Flag

It might be expensive but it can beat Ebay most of the time. I was looking on there and some of those books are going for a lot of money.

Roont jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic's Avatar

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

A lot of the sellers on ABE are willing to lower their prices if you ask. It's worth a try!

John

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Here are some, but certainly not all small press publishers who have done or could do a King S/L. I suggest you get on their mailing lists.

Additionally, given these tough economic times, there are a handful of King S/L's that can be purchased at close to if not the original issue price.

www.subterraneanpress.com

www.pspublishing.co.uk/

http://www.cemeterydance.com/

www.gauntletpress.com

https://secure.grantbooks.com/

www.centipedepress.com/

Roont jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic's Avatar

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

You might also want to check out the following site. Tomas has LOTS of valuable information regarding King s/l editions, plus a section in which you can check out some of those up for sale.

The Collector

John

Kate / Batwoman turtlex is on a distinguished road turtlex's Avatar

My Mood
    Gay

Thanks for the links, Jerome!

Oops, and thanks John, you snuck that in while I was replying!
    The Man In Black Fled Across The Desert...

...And The Gunslinger Followed.

“I’m always on the Batman rule, sir.” - Kate Kane / Detective Comics 857

"It is the story, not he who tells it." Except to us collectors who have to put limits somewhere. - jhanic

Remember, Remember, The Fifth of November, The Gunpowder, Treason, and Plot.

the Return of CRAZY DOG! Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

I still have my old msn KingsCloset webgroup up...though it's pretty much dead now that i spend all my time here.

it has a quick link page you can book mark that lists a lot of the collecting websites... including most of the publishers listed above.

some of the links might be dead... but i think the majority of them still work.

here's the link to the main page... then in the left margin...click the "GREAT Web Links for King Collectors" tab. i have that page bookmarked and it makes it easy to go all over.

link:
    http://groups.msn.com/KingsCloset/

the msn groups are closing in feb. 2009 - but i'll probably move the group to Multiply- if it doesn't involve money and lots of time.

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

Thanks for posting that, Terry. I was one of the members of that site what seems like a long time ago. I switched internet providers and somehow never transferred that link to my current one. I've since remedied that.

John

My Mood
    Gay

Friends - In your opinion, what is a WasteLands ARC worth, in fine condition?

"It is the story, not he who tells it." Except to us collectors who have to put limits somewhere. - jhanic

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

Do you mean the Grant ARC or the Plume one? The Grant should be about $300, the Plume about $250.

John

My Mood
    Gay

I was refering to the Grant one, from what I can tell.

Thanks, John.

Goldmember Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by turtlex View Post
    Grant Proof on ebay now $145 Buy it now:
    http://cgi.ebay.com/Stephen-King-Dar...QQcmdZViewItem
    Plume Proof on ebay now $175 Buy it now:

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

Those are cheap! Amazing!

John

Goldmember Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker's Avatar

My Mood
    Amused
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Rabbit Trick View Post
    Grant Proof on ebay now $145 Buy it now:
    Plume Proof on ebay now $175 Buy it now:
    Condition a little rough.

Mulleins
    Cumberland VA

My Mood
    Gay

Well - talk about jumping in first and asking questions later - after telling me about the ARC she saw, my girlfriend went and bought it !!! Just a tad impulsive.

Not sure if you all can see this linkage but I'd love your opinions on this - the condition looks pretty good to me. They list it as fine and in protective bag.

$130 BIN.

http://cgi.ebay.com/Stephen-King-Dar...1%7C240%3A1318

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

A good buy! Congratulations!

John

Goldmember carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute

Well - talk about jumping in first and asking questions later - after telling me about the ARC she saw, my girlfriend went and bought it !!! Just a tad impulsive.

Not sure if you all can see this linkage but I'd love your opinions on this - the condition looks pretty good to me. They list it as fine and in protective bag.

$130 BIN.

The book is a keeper and your girlfriend is too.

World Leader Pretend Scoogs is a splendid one to behold Scoogs is a splendid one to behold Scoogs is a splendid one to behold Scoogs is a splendid one to behold Scoogs is a splendid one to behold Scoogs is a splendid one to behold Scoogs's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

$130 BIN.

Thank your girlfriend for me. I'm glad to see that it's going to a fellow forum member.
    Now you should tell here about that DT IV ARC I also have for sale. ;-)

It will be in the mail on Tuesday. I'd mail it out tomorrow, but I wanted to get a little more bubble wrap for it first.
    Mark Twain

My Mood
    Gay

Quote Originally Posted by jhanic View Post
    A good buy! Congratulations!

John
    Thanks, John. Means a lot coming from you.

Quote Originally Posted by carlosdetweiller View Post

The book is a keeper and your girlfriend is too.
    Very cool. I'm relieved when the folks here give their approvals. Your opinions mean so much to me. Thank you.

Quote Originally Posted by Scoogs View Post
    Thank your girlfriend for me. I'm glad to see that it's going to a fellow forum member.

Now you should tell here about that DT IV ARC I also have for sale. ;-)

It will be in the mail on Tuesday. I'd mail it out tomorrow, but I wanted to get a little more bubble wrap for it first.
    Ha! Cool. Yup, my very first ARC. Oh, big thank you's were sent - for sure. Yeah, bubble wrap my new baby up good! And all kidding aside - Thanks for taking care with the shipping.

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

I was hoping to get some thoughts on the value of a SK signed French copy of The Running Man. Book is in Near Fine shape.

Goldmember Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

I was hoping to get some thoughts on the value of a SK signed French copy of The Running Man. Book is in Near Fine shape.
    It has Stephen King's name as the author, so it's not an original Bachman release.

$75 for the signature?

Gunslinger herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I dont even own a french signed book... :-(
    IMO, its worths $1....

PS : i didnt notice it because of the flash on the picture, but it looks like a 1st edition... maybe a reprint? could you post a picture of the printing page? (near the end)
    CLUB STEPHEN KING (french website about STEPHEN KING, since 1992) : on : Facebook | Twitter | Instagram

+ Reply to Thread
Page 32 of 567 FirstFirst ... 22 30 31 32 33 34 42 82 132 532 ... LastLast