Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 567 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 53 103 503 ... LastLast

Thread: Stephen King Collecting Questions

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

We did discuss this at .net. He really "degraded" his signature to what you have pictured there. I would also agree the sig you have shown is consistent with his newest signing style, and therefore is legitimate.

Goldmember NeedfulKings is just really nice NeedfulKings is just really nice NeedfulKings is just really nice NeedfulKings is just really nice NeedfulKings's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Hell, it might have been me that started the convo on .net. I remember coming across this same situation last year.

I appreciate the feedback. If you guys want to merge this into another thread, feel free. Or we can just sit around and talk about Phil.

Between the 1st and 2nd Editions of DotT, which artwork do you collectors/readers prefer? Neither really "tickled my fancy" but I think the revised stuff is a little darker and better suits his style.

Billy Bumbler oy-the-brave will become famous soon enough oy-the-brave will become famous soon enough oy-the-brave's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by NeedfulKings View Post
    Hell, it might have been me that started the convo on .net. I remember coming across this same situation last year.

I appreciate the feedback. If you guys want to merge this into another thread, feel free. Or we can just sit around and talk about Phil.

Between the 1st and 2nd Editions of DotT, which artwork do you collectors/readers prefer? Neither really "tickled my fancy" but I think the revised stuff is a little darker and better suits his style.

I agree that the revised paintings from the 2nd edition were darker which probably fit the story better but I still prefer the original paintings from the 1st edition. From what I heard Phil was not happy with the original paintings and wanted to do all new paintings for the 2nd edition.

Servant of Gan Aaron is on a distinguished road Aaron's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Yup, that's definitely Phil's signature. I happen to be staring at seven signed prints from the 2nd edition of DotT that I have in my cubicle, and it is consistent across the board.

BTW, I much prefer 2nd edition to the first. They are among my favorite artwork in the series.
    Heng Dai

Big Coffin Hunter Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

Six months ago I interviewed Phil Hale for Insomnia Magazine and he told me that he asked Robert (at grant books) if he could change all the artwork for DOTT. He didn't earn any money for it!
    Wanted list:
    Ubris

Goldmember NeedfulKings is just really nice NeedfulKings is just really nice NeedfulKings is just really nice NeedfulKings is just really nice NeedfulKings's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Thanks everyone. I managed to snag it for $50, so depending on the condition of the book (listed as mint) I think it's a good deal. I'm planning to get my 7 books signed by at least the artist. Since I've already got Artist Editions of 5,6, and 7, I just need to track down Mr. Whelan, Dameron, and McKean to make my set complete.

That's amazing that Phil offered new artwork for no compensation.

Gunslinger herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Ari_Racing View Post
    Six months ago I interviewed Phil Hale for Insomnia Magazine and he told me that he asked Robert (at grant books) if he could change all the artwork for DOTT. He didn't earn any money for it!

For a new edition?

Big Coffin Hunter Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

2nd Grant Edition.
    Wanted list:
    Ubris

Vagrant Dead Nerak is a jewel in the rough Nerak is a jewel in the rough Nerak is a jewel in the rough Nerak is a jewel in the rough Nerak's Avatar

My Mood
    Lurking

Great price on that! We just sold them for $75 each!! And, that is Phil's siggy!! Trust me, I saw enough of them!
    Promise me you'll always remember: You're braver than you believe, stronger than you seem and smarter than you think.

Citizen of Gilead jemaher will become famous soon enough jemaher will become famous soon enough

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

Default New Rocky Wood CD

Was wondering if anyone has tried to use the new s King collection CD which is being sold thru CD publications?

One of The Few The Proud CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

I have it but have not spent much time with it yet!

As a side note, I will be visiting with Rocky when he visits Washington, DC in about six weeks! I first met Rocky at the Stanley Hotel in 2003 at the Shining Masquerade Ball/Annual SKEMERCon. He is a teriffic guy and knows his King information quite well!

I attribute his first CD Book, The Complete Works of Stephen King as the primary source for helping me to win in each of Calla Wolf's King Trivia contests! And for the second one I won a 1st Edition Carrie so that was well worth it I'd say!
    DT Spoiler - Enter at your own risk!

Spoiler:
    I can’t remember if I cried
    When I read about Eddie’s widowed bride,
    And something touched me deep inside
    The day the bumbler died.”

Click CAN' Ka No Rey for the entire poem, published in Lighthouse VI!

Roont jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic's Avatar

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

I also have one, but, like CRinVA, I haven't had that much time to go through it. It seems very informational, but one problem I have with it is that to enter information about your specific volume, you have to download the appropriate page(s). I know that to do otherwise could involve some real programming problems, but...

Bob, when you see Rocky, tell him Hi for me!

John

Country
    Country Flag

Thanks, Karen. I remember you mentioning the signed books at Grant and I missed the boat on those.

Gunslinger herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Lilja wrote a review on his website, at the beginning of january, think so...

Citizen of Gilead jemaher will become famous soon enough jemaher will become famous soon enough

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

Ok, Thanks. I also have the disc, but have yet to delve into it.

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Great thread.
    Since it really isn't a tutorial thread I may just move it to the main Collectors area.
    Hope that is ok.

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

Sure, I am still trying to find my way around the site

Country
    Country Flag

I never get tired of opening this gem up. Here's our hardcover that we sent halfway across the country for Bev to sign. I'd love to find a way to get Glenn to sign it as well!!!

We've got a trade paperback that we take on road trips. It's a great way to pass the miles on by.

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Very nice,
    A wonderful inscription.

Word Slinger Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent's Avatar

Contact the folks at Cemetery Dance -- they might be able to put you in touch with Glenn. He's a great guy, one of my favorite people.

Country
    Country Flag

Thanks, RF. And, thanks Bev! I'll try to contact CD and see what happens. Brian F. works there, doesn't he? I could go for the tri-fecta!

Word Slinger Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent's Avatar

Yes, Brian Freeman works there, too.

Gunslinger Apprentice Hutch will become famous soon enough Hutch's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Default Request from Hutch

A few days ago I visited to my own site http://www.stephenkingbuy.com

When I got there I noticed the site had lost some of it's functionality. Sunday and Monday I worked until 5 am and 4 am working to restore all that was lost and while at it I suddenly found myself doing a redesign.

I would appreciate any feedback you can give me as to it's design and functionality. I also created new links to identifying firsts and forgery protection as well as new page designs for both of those.

In the future I plan on adding a page to identifying UK firsts as well.

On another subject, a collector sought me out for signature verification. He said he heard I was a frequently suggested source for verification. As always I offered my opinion via email of the item in question once he submitted clear images. He wanted more... he wanted documentation for insurance purposes or to verify value for his family if he were deceased or ill. He offered to compensate me for my time. I told him I consider certificates of authenticity worthless I would create a letter of opinion. I watermarked a couple of his images, imbedded them in the document and wrote my evaluation. As for compensation, I suggested he simply pay me for my time with the amount to be determined by him. He was delighted with what I sent him and compensated me fairly.

Does anyone think this type of service if done right has value, is in demand, and is something I should offer on a regular basis?

Personally, I value my own opinion so much that I find little value in seeking other verification. ( my attempt at humor )

Dave

Roont jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic's Avatar

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Hutch View Post
    A few days ago I visited to my own site http://www.stephenkingbuy.com

When I got there I noticed the site had lost some of it's functionality. Sunday and Monday I worked until 5 am and 4 am working to restore all that was lost and while at it I suddenly found myself doing a redesign.

I would apprieciate any feedback you can give me as to it's design and functionality. I also created new links to identifying firsts and forgery protection as well as new page designs for both of those.

In the future I plan on adding a page to identifying UK firsts as well.

On another subject, a collector sought me out for signature verification. He said he heard I was a frequently suggested source for verification. As always I offered my opinion via email of the item in question once he submitted clear images. He wanted more... he wanted documentation for insurance purposes or to verify value for his family if he were deceased or ill. He offered to compensate me for my time. I told him I consider certificates of authenticity worthless I would create a letter of opinion. I watermarked a couple of his images, imbedded them in the document and wrote my evaluation. As for compensation, I suggested he simply pay me for my time with the amount to be determined by him. He was delighted with what I sent him and compensated me fairly.

Does anyone think this type of service if done right has value, is in demand, and is something I should offer on a regular basis?

Personally, I value my own opinion so much that I find little value in seeking other verification. ( my attempt at humor )

Dave
    Dave, the only caveat on supplying a "letter of opinion" is that you are doing it without actually seeing and handling the book. I, myself, would be rather uncomfortable with that. There could be flaws in the book that would devalue it but are not visible in a scanned image.

John

Roont Matt will become famous soon enough Matt will become famous soon enough Matt's Avatar

My Mood
    Psychedelic
    Country
    Country Flag

Site looks really good Hutch. I believe Johns advice above is really sound.
    The kindness of close friends is like a warm blanket

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 567 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 53 103 503 ... LastLast