Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 23 of 567 FirstFirst ... 13 21 22 23 24 25 33 73 123 523 ... LastLast

Thread: Stephen King Collecting Questions

Servant of Gan e_taylor will become famous soon enough e_taylor's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by jhanic View Post
    Justin Brooks' Primary Bibliography lists the Artist edition as 1-880418-64-1. I'm not sure which is the misprint. (Just switch the last three characters from 4-1 to 1-4.) I'm sure one of them is incorrect, but I don't know how to find out which is which.

John
    Hmmm.... Karen?

Roont jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic's Avatar

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

I just found a site in which you can search for a book by its ISBN. It showed a "book not found" for the 4-1 number, but showed The Dark Tower for 1-4. I'd say that's the real number.

Bookfinder4u site

John

Roont Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice's Avatar

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by tippy4 View Post
    Perhaps special guests could be contacted for chat-room "interviews".

Off the top of my head, here a few people that I would like to "see".

All of The Dark Tower Artists
    Robert Weiner
    Jerad Walters
    Stephen King <---on the fence about this guy...he's kind of a hack
    Tomas Krynsky
    Stu Tinker

I know there are more...just kind of drawing a blank.
    I suspect the noncollector's might crash the party if some of them show up.
    The Awesomest fled across the desert and The Awesomer followed.

If you rescue me
    I’ll be your friend forever

I wish that I could write fiction, but that seems almost an impossibility. -howard phillips lovecraft (1915)

Wizard of End-World wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow's Avatar

My Mood
    Busy
    Country
    Country Flag

I like the idea of a chat....sometimes you can make it, other times not, but people on the site would benefit overall. That's how I see it anyway.

Dragline : Nothin'. A handful of nothin'. You stupid mullet head. He beat you with nothin'. Just like today when he kept comin' back at me - with nothin'.
    Luke : Yeah, well, sometimes nothin' can be a real cool hand

Wizard of End-World wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow's Avatar

My Mood
    Busy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by tippy4 View Post
    Speaking of LEGENDS, Randall Flagg needs some images of it for the Signed, Numbered or Lettered Edtions section of The King Collectibles Catalog.

Can anyone here help?
    I have one at home. Once I get reajusted from my holidays, I will try to take some pictures.

And to weigh in on the situation, some of you might be suprised that I side with the Legends as the key book over the S/L Little Sisters due to it being first and more rare.

Dragline : Nothin'. A handful of nothin'. You stupid mullet head. He beat you with nothin'. Just like today when he kept comin' back at me - with nothin'.
    Luke : Yeah, well, sometimes nothin' can be a real cool hand

Maerlyn's Imp tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4's Avatar

My Mood
    Hot
    Country
    Country Flag

JUDAS!
    FOR SALE OR TRADE

Dark Tower 7 Artist Edition n/a
    The Waste Lands 1st Edition in Shrinkwrap $200
    1984 Grant Gift Edition of The Talisman $400
    Lisey's Story ARC $50

WANTED
    Signed 1st Edition of Storm of The Century (Paperback)

Goldmember Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Rabbit Trick View Post
    Does anyone know of another confirmed publication of "Rest Stop" other than the one in Esquire magazine?
    For completist info only:

I can confirm that "Rest Stop" was published in "The Times" (London) newspaper over 2 days on 16th and 17th February 2004. This is the second publication of this story, the first being in Esquire magazine.

Hankerin' for poundcake gsvec has a spectacular aura about gsvec has a spectacular aura about gsvec's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Personally, I love the idea. Special guests? I'm there!!!

This collecting stuff is a sickness! ~Patrick

Gunslinger herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

i thought that you found the first publication of it, but it would have been weird that it would have been missed..

anyway, congratulations its always a joy to discover unknown or not really known publications :-)
    ------------------------------------------------
    CLUB STEPHEN KING (french website about STEPHEN KING, since 1992) : on : Facebook | Twitter | Instagram

Roont Matt will become famous soon enough Matt will become famous soon enough Matt's Avatar

My Mood
    Psychedelic
    Country
    Country Flag

Thanks for the honest opinions everyone, I have set up the room and we'll try and schedule some fun events in there as time goes on.

Traveler Pacem is on a distinguished road

Default How much can I expect to pay for...

So a few years ago I was looking at purchasing a first edition of the first dark tower books. I was not so smart and decided not to purchase at that time and now they have gone up in price.

I'm just wanting the original copy of the first book, don't really care about having copies of the others. Due to financial restraints how much can I expect to pay for a second edition of the first Dark tower book? I'm refering to the one with the same art work as the first edition. Does anyone happen to know the going rate for such a book.

I've seen the first edition selilng for around $1000 and up so I expect the second edition to be much cheaper, just wondering how much cheaper.

Thanks in advance for any replies.

Roont Matt will become famous soon enough Matt will become famous soon enough Matt's Avatar

My Mood
    Psychedelic
    Country
    Country Flag

I got this moved to Calvin's Corner where the Collectors are

good luck on your quest.

hehe thanks.... I moved it myself and now we got double posts! lol

My Mood
    Psychedelic
    Country
    Country Flag

I wondered what happened to my post.

You just started another one?

At any rate, I'll get rid of the one that is not this one.

Roont jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic's Avatar

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

Hi Pacem,

You should be able to find a second edition of The Gunslinger for somewhere in the $150-250 range. I picked up a very nice copy from eBay about a year ago for $155.

Here's one on eBay with a BIN of $200:

Gunslinger 2nd

John

Maerlyn's Imp tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4's Avatar

My Mood
    Hot
    Country
    Country Flag

I recently sold one for $185.00

$185.00 The Dark Tower Gunslinger Grant 2nd Edition

Here is one that recently ended for $114.12

$114.12 The Dark Tower Gunslinger Grant 2nd Edition

So I guess you could say $150 ± $35.

Condition of course will be a factor. I think both of the books listed above would be considered NEAR FINE. If you wanted FINE or VERY FINE, then you are looking at $200-$250.
    FOR SALE OR TRADE

Dark Tower 7 Artist Edition n/a
    The Waste Lands 1st Edition in Shrinkwrap $200
    1984 Grant Gift Edition of The Talisman $400
    Lisey's Story ARC $50

WANTED
    Signed 1st Edition of Storm of The Century (Paperback)

Goldmember NeedfulKings is just really nice NeedfulKings is just really nice NeedfulKings is just really nice NeedfulKings is just really nice NeedfulKings's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Just be careful. Collecting beyond regular First Editions will soon follow! I started my DT collection for just under $300. It was a second edition (price clipped) Gunslinger and 1st of everything else. This was when Wizard and Glass was fetching quite a bit.

I've upgraded to Artists Editions of 5-7 and a non-price clipped 2nd Edition.

It's addicting! My next move is S/Ls.

BTW, I resold the price clipped 2nd Edition for almost $200, so I feel pretty good about my initial purchase.

Big Coffin Hunter Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

Just a small info some of you might find useful.
    There´s a newspaper in Spain called La Razón ("the reason"), which adquired the stories of Night shift and they're being published in different numbers of it.
    Wanted list:
    Ubris

Gunslinger herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

was it published in the past, or will it be published?
    interesting for the collector in you i guess ;-)

According to an article into the Times (London, july 2006), Stephen King would have written an introduction to the Matheson's I am a Legend...
    An edited version is available in the article...
    but i do hardly find anything about it on the internet (couple of articles which do mention details of the edition)... does anyone know more about it??? [i know that he wrote an interview for the collection of Matheson's stories but for the novel?)
    CLUB STEPHEN KING (french website about STEPHEN KING, since 1992) : on : Facebook | Twitter | Instagram

Hankerin' for poundcake gsvec has a spectacular aura about gsvec has a spectacular aura about gsvec's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I AM LEGEND, the Matheson anthology, will be published in limited editions by Gauntlet Press in February 2009. I think they're sold out, but there's a waiting list. You can find more info here Gauntlet Press

EDIT: Here's a synopsis from the site:

Coming February 2009

Just say the name and the memories come flooding back -- Somewhere in Time, Duel, The Shrinking Man, I Am Legend, and countless more. He's one of the greatest storytellers of our time -- or any time.

Now Gauntlet Press has assembled He Is Legend: An Anthology Celebrating Richard Matheson, a spectacular anthology of original, never-before published stories by today's best writers -- stories set in Richard Matheson's own fictional universes, and published with Mr. Matheson's complete cooperation!

And, among the many contributions to the book, is the first collaboration ever between Stephen King and his son Joe Hill, the novella "Throttle" -- their take on Matheson's classic "Duel." This is, obviously, a once-in-a-lifetime publishing event, as it's father and son's first collaboration. Both Stephen King and Joe Hill will be signing both the numbered and lettered editions.

Other contributors to this anthology, edited by Christopher Conlon, include F. Paul Wilson, Joe Lansdale, Whitley Strieber, Richard Christian Matheson, William F. Nolan, Gary Braunbeck, Thomas Monteleone, John Shirley and an introduction by Ramsey Campbell (additional contributors will be announced at a later date).

And, as an added bonus, He Is Legend features the original full-length screenplay "Conjure Wife" -- over 20,000 never-before published words by Richard Matheson himself, in collaboration with the late Charles Beaumont that was filmed as "Burn, Witch Burn."

Cover art and six interior illustrations by Matheson's favorite artist Harry O. Morris.

This collecting stuff is a sickness! ~Patrick

Country
    Country Flag

but this is not the same thing, cause the article have been published in 2008 (and Gauntled will be publishing "HE is legend"...)

by reading an excerpt, it looks like that the I AM LEGEND (if really exists) have the same introduction than the anthology "[ame="http://www.amazon.com/Nightmare-At-20-000-Feet/dp/0312878273"]Nightmare At 20,000 Feet[/ame]"

Goldmember Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

The Times article was published on July 22 2006. The extract is not from the forthcoming Gauntlet book "He is Legend".

King and son contributed a short story called "Throttle" for the Gauntlet book.

Yeah so true about wanting more.

So what can a guy expect to pay for say a first edition of the second book? LOL

I'm trying to work out a deal for both at the moment. Any info provided about the value of the second dark tower book first edition is greatly appreciated.

Roont Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice's Avatar

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

Grant Books has some they are selling. They might even have the ones signed by Phil Hale who illustrated it still.
    The Awesomest fled across the desert and The Awesomer followed.

If you rescue me
    I’ll be your friend forever

I wish that I could write fiction, but that seems almost an impossibility. -howard phillips lovecraft (1915)

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

Grant's price is $75. No extra price for Hale's signature as long as they last.

Grant DTII Page

John

+ Reply to Thread
Page 23 of 567 FirstFirst ... 13 21 22 23 24 25 33 73 123 523 ... LastLast