Page 15 of 567 FirstFirst ... 5 13 14 15 16 17 25 65 115 515 ... LastLast

Thread: Stephen King Collecting Questions

Citizen of Gilead shnnrc01 is on a distinguished road

My Mood
    Lurking
    Country
    Country Flag

no, the gift edition was brought out for x-mas

Goldmember Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by e_taylor View Post
    So the UK 1st of Dolores Claiborne is the Gift Edition, or no?
    No. BCA edition was 1st. Same with Gerald's Game.

Roont jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic's Avatar

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

I've got the BCA of Gerald's Game, but never bothered to try to get the BCA Dolores Claiborne. Maybe I should start looking.

John

Goldmember carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by jhanic View Post
    I've got the BCA of Gerald's Game, but never bothered to try to get the BCA Dolores Claiborne. Maybe I should start looking.

John
    Be sure to look for the code CN 6975 on the copyright page to ensure it is a first printing (for the BCA edition of DOLORES CLAIBORNE).

Roont jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic's Avatar

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

Will do!

John

Along the Path of the Beam pdj is on a distinguished road

I have a couple questions of "worth" for you folks in the know ...

I've been collecting stuff for years ... and I've never really looked into how much something is currently worth (other than seeing what someone else is selling it for; Bett's, etc). I know it's hard to tell ... with the market being sucky, but here are a few items that I've never seen for sale anywhere, or just don't know what they're worth, so I can't judge ... I might have to sell some stuff soon -- and I need some opinions. (btw -- I was 'pdj' over on the old board ... I just never bothered to register on the new one until today).

1) The "Rainy Season" portrait/print thing - only 100 made, signed by Stephen, Tabitha, and the artist.

2) "The House Next Door" hardcover limited edition (one of the first 125 that got made by the original publisher) - signed by King & Siddons (this: http://www.thedarktower.org/palaver/...ead.php?t=2585 )

3) The "Salem's Lot" limited edition from Centepede (black numbered) ... I have seen these going for $1600+ .... is this typical? Could I expect to get that much on eBay now, or ?

4) The "toybox" limited edition of "The Regulators" ... I don't think I've ever seen one for sale in years.

5) I bought a framed promo poster for "It" from Bett's some years ago ... it's signed and dated by King in silver marker (10/19/86, I believe). It's in ok shape -- you can see the fold marks in the poster ... and the frame is rather crappy, but it's protecting it for the time being. I'm sure I paid too much for it at the time, ... but any thought on what a "non-book" item like this might be worth now?

6) Various other flat signed books that I got from trusted sources. Nothing rare, really -- some are first editions, other aren't - (like the Haven Foundation's "The Girl Who Loved Tom Gordon" and "Black House") ... a copy of "Cell" and "The Dark Tower 7". What's your basic signed King book worth nowadays?

Whatever thoughts or suggestions you may have would be greatly appreciated! Thanks gang ....

Pdj

Wizard of End-World wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow's Avatar

My Mood
    Busy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by pdj View Post
    I have a couple questions of "worth" for you folks in the know ...

I've been collecting stuff for years ... and I've never really looked into how much something is currently worth (other than seeing what someone else is selling it for; Bett's, etc). I know it's hard to tell ... with the market being sucky, but here are a few items that I've never seen for sale anywhere, or just don't know what they're worth, so I can't judge ... I might have to sell some stuff soon -- and I need some opinions. (btw -- I was 'pdj' over on the old board ... I just never bothered to register on the new one until today).

1) The "Rainy Season" portrait/print thing - only 100 made, signed by Stephen, Tabitha, and the artist.

2) "The House Next Door" hardcover limited edition (one of the first 125 that got made by the original publisher) - signed by King & Siddons (this: http://www.thedarktower.org/palaver/...ead.php?t=2585 )

3) The "Salem's Lot" limited edition from Centepede (black numbered) ... I have seen these going for $1600+ .... is this typical? Could I expect to get that much on eBay now, or ?

4) The "toybox" limited edition of "The Regulators" ... I don't think I've ever seen one for sale in years.

5) I bought a framed promo poster for "It" from Bett's some years ago ... it's signed and dated by King in silver marker (10/19/86, I believe). It's in ok shape -- you can see the fold marks in the poster ... and the frame is rather crappy, but it's protecting it for the time being. I'm sure I paid too much for it at the time, ... but any thought on what a "non-book" item like this might be worth now?

6) Various other flat signed books that I got from trusted sources. Nothing rare, really -- some are first editions, other aren't - (like the Haven Foundation's "The Girl Who Loved Tom Gordon" and "Black House") ... a copy of "Cell" and "The Dark Tower 7". What's your basic signed King book worth nowadays?

Whatever thoughts or suggestions you may have would be greatly appreciated! Thanks gang ....

Pdj
    First off, welcome pdj!!!

I can provide guesstimates for some, but not others.

1) a VERY rough estimate $300
    2) $150
    3) $1300-$1400
    4) $750
    5) no guess, sorry
    6) a signed first edition of one of King's later books in fine condition $175-$200.

Dragline : Nothin'. A handful of nothin'. You stupid mullet head. He beat you with nothin'. Just like today when he kept comin' back at me - with nothin'.
    Luke : Yeah, well, sometimes nothin' can be a real cool hand

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Sorry to differ with Wiz, but >$400. In fact I'll buy it for $400 if you wish to sell.

At this time <$1,600. Probably ~$1,100
    A PC copy just sold for $560. The Regulators S/L PC
    Hope this helps.

Jerome

Servant of Gan Fsmdr is just really nice Fsmdr is just really nice Fsmdr is just really nice Fsmdr is just really nice Fsmdr's Avatar

My Mood
    Stressed

Quote Originally Posted by Randall Flagg View Post

Sorry to differ with Wiz, but >$400. In fact I'll buy it for $400 if you wish to sell.
    Hope this helps.

Jerome
    Sorry to differ with you both, Jerome and Wiz, I recently paid $925 for a set of Letters From Hell Broadside and the Rainy Season print. If the Letters broadside is $250, that leaves the Rainy Season to be worth at least $675 or more.
    WANTED:

Lettered Danse Macabre
    Marshroots
    Lettered Eyes Of The Dragon
    Lettered The Stand
    BOMC signed Full Dark No Stars
    MM AGOT #249
    Lettered Frankenstein

Wizard of End-World wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow's Avatar

My Mood
    Busy
    Country
    Country Flag

I bow to the lady and her estimate.

Dragline : Nothin'. A handful of nothin'. You stupid mullet head. He beat you with nothin'. Just like today when he kept comin' back at me - with nothin'.

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Fsmdr View Post

Hope this helps.

Jerome
    Sorry to differ with you both, Jerome and Wiz, I recently paid $925 for a set of Letters From Hell Broadside and the Rainy Season print. If the Letters broadside is $250, that leaves the Rainy Season to be worth at least $675 or more.
    That's why I offered $400 immediately!
    My estimate of >$400 is correct.

Citizen of Gilead sentinel is a splendid one to behold sentinel is a splendid one to behold sentinel is a splendid one to behold sentinel is a splendid one to behold sentinel is a splendid one to behold sentinel is a splendid one to behold sentinel is a splendid one to behold

Country
    Country Flag

Default Price Quotes

On the signed poster of IT. That's actually a very unique item I bet. I've got a
    few signed poster items and I got them anywhere from $25 for a signed poster from a book signing to $200 for a poster that was a promo item for Eyes of the Dragon. I recently got a signed movie poster for $90. It's really all over the board. There's not a good track record of sales and sellers. It also depends on the framing and what it's worth. I'd be interested if you decide to sell. Good Luck with your items!

Along the Path of the Beam pdj is on a distinguished road

Cool! Thanks gang! Definitely some good food for thought. I'd hate to sell *anything* ... but times, they be tight! :-/

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by pablo View Post
    Is there a list someplace that has all the audiobooks that are read by Stephen King? I really like the man's voice, but can't stand actually listening to audiobooks. I think getting some that are read by himself will be good.

This was posted in another thread, but I bet someone here can best assist.

Goldmember Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker's Avatar

My Mood
    Amused
    Country
    Country Flag

Is there a list someplace that has all the audiobooks that are read by Stephen King? I really like the man's voice, but can't stand actually listening to audiobooks. I think getting some that are read by himself will be good.

Let's see.... read by King himself:

Bag of Bones
    Blood and Smoke
    Building Bridges (if you want to count his speech)
    LT's Theory of Pets
    Hearts in Atlantis (well he did part of it)
    In the Death Room

OK...help me out here. I'm trying to pull this from memory.

Mulleins
    Cumberland VA

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by mulleins View Post

Bag of Bones
    Blood and Smoke
    LT's Theory of Pets
    In the Death Room

Mulleins
    Cumberland VA
    DTI- (Note: Later issuances are not read by King)
    DTII-(Note: Later issuances are not read by King)

Gunslinger herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

yeah, if i remember well, SK did read DT 1 on tapes, and there is also a signed limited ed of it (250 copies?)
    ------------------------------------------------
    CLUB STEPHEN KING (french website about STEPHEN KING, since 1992) : on : Facebook | Twitter | Instagram
    ------------------------------------------------

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Bag of Bones
    Blood and Smoke
    LT's Theory of Pets
    In the Death Room

Mulleins
    Cumberland VA

How is this list?

Bag of Bones
    Stephen King
    Cassette/CD/MP3
    Blood & Smoke
    Stephen King
    Cassette/CD/MP3
    Girl Who Loved Tom Gordon, The
    Anne Heche & Stephen King
    Cassette/CD
    Green Mile, The
    Frank Muller & Stephen King
    Cassette/CD/MP3
    Hearts in Atlantis
    William Hurt & Stephen King
    Cassette/CD
    LT's Theory of Pets
    Stephen King
    Cassette/CD/MP3
    On Writing: A Memoir Of the Craft
    Stephen King
    Cassette/CD
    Wavedancer Benefit, The
    Stephen King, Peter Straub, Pat Conroy, John Grisham
    Cassette/CD/MP3
    Needful Things
    Stephen King
    Cassette
    Nightmares & Dreamscapes (Vol. 1)
    Tim Curry
    Cassette

Stephen King, Kathy Bates, Tim Curry, Matthew Broderick,

Nightmares & Dreamscapes: Suffer the Little Children / Crouch End / Rainy Season / Dolan's Cadillac
    Stephen King, Whoopi Goldberg, Tim Curry, Yeardly Smith, Rob Lowe
    Cassette

DTI-The Gunslinger
    Stephen King
    Cassette
    DTII-The Drawing of the Three
    Stephen King
    Cassette
    DTIII-The Waste Lands
    Stephen King
    Cassette

My Mood
    Busy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by herbertwest View Post
    yeah, if i remember well, SK did read DT 1 on tapes, and there is also a signed limited ed of it (250 copies?)
    There are 850 copies of the S/L Gunslinger Tapes
    Also 850 copies of the S/L Drawing of the Three tapes

Roont Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice's Avatar

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

Bag of Bones
    Blood and Smoke
    LT's Theory of Pets
    In the Death Room

Mulleins
    Cumberland VA

How is this list?

Bag of Bones
    Stephen King
    Cassette/CD/MP3
    Blood & Smoke
    Stephen King
    Cassette/CD/MP3
    Girl Who Loved Tom Gordon, The
    Anne Heche & Stephen King
    Cassette/CD
    Green Mile, The
    Frank Muller & Stephen King
    Cassette/CD/MP3
    Hearts in Atlantis
    William Hurt & Stephen King
    Cassette/CD
    LT's Theory of Pets
    Stephen King
    Cassette/CD/MP3
    On Writing: A Memoir Of the Craft
    Stephen King
    Cassette/CD
    Wavedancer Benefit, The
    Stephen King, Peter Straub, Pat Conroy, John Grisham
    Cassette/CD/MP3
    Needful Things
    Stephen King
    Cassette
    Nightmares & Dreamscapes (Vol. 1)
    Tim Curry
    Cassette

Stephen King, Kathy Bates, Tim Curry, Matthew Broderick,

Nightmares & Dreamscapes: Suffer the Little Children / Crouch End / Rainy Season / Dolan's Cadillac
    Stephen King, Whoopi Goldberg, Tim Curry, Yeardly Smith, Rob Lowe
    Cassette

DTI-The Gunslinger
    Stephen King
    Cassette
    DTII-The Drawing of the Three
    Stephen King
    Cassette
    Also DT III-The Wastelands on cassette.

The White! MonteGss is on a distinguished road MonteGss's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Wow, that list looks great guys. Thanks for doing that!

Maybe we could have the list posted in King Audiobook thread as well....just a thought.

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by MonteGss View Post
    Wow, that list looks great guys. Thanks for doing that!

Maybe we could have the list posted in King Audiobook thread as well....just a thought.
    Good idea. Once we have what we think is a complete list we'll post it in the SK Audio Book thread.

S P I R A L Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I have a question about the DT artist portfolios. What do they contain and how much money do they usually go for? Are they original artworks or just reproduced images?
    A NEW GAME BEGINS

Big Coffin Hunter Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

As far as I know, for the dark tower there's only one portfolio. It's Ned Dameron's one for The Wastelands and you can grab a copy at grantbooks for 20 (regular edition) or 30 dollars (limited one).

The other ones I remember now are:
    - Cycle of the werewolf (usually goes for $300)
    - Insomnia ($250)
    - The Stand (regular: $45, limited $90)
    - Skeleton crew (The Art of Skeleton Crew). $50 (maybe less...depending on how lucky you are).

I suggested to Cemetery Dance a long ago to release one with the illustrations Berni Wrightson made for From a Buick 8. They said it was a great idea and that they'd think about it...but well.. no more comments about.

Then you have the different illustrations you can purchase.
    Wanted list:
    Ubris

S P I R A L Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Would it be worth it (in your opinion) if I looked in purchasing the Ned Dameron portfolio and getting a couple of the illustrations custom framed? I mean, I don't want to spend all that dinero getting the framing done on something that's not really worth it.

Thanks Ari!
    A NEW GAME BEGINS

+ Reply to Thread
Page 15 of 567 FirstFirst ... 5 13 14 15 16 17 25 65 115 515 ... LastLast