Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 90 of 567 FirstFirst ... 40 80 88 89 90 91 92 100 140 190 ... LastLast
Results 2,226 to 2,250 of 14175

Thread: Stephen King Collecting Questions

Demon of the Prim ChristineB is a jewel in the rough ChristineB is a jewel in the rough ChristineB is a jewel in the rough ChristineB's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by namelessnpoor View Post
    Does anyone have or is there a list on here somewhere of all the gift editions, UK and US ?
    The collectors site would be a good place to find this info. www.skcollector.com.

Citizen of Gilead namelessnpoor will become famous soon enough namelessnpoor will become famous soon enough namelessnpoor's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by ChristineB View Post
    Does anyone have or is there a list on here somewhere of all the gift editions, UK and US ?
    The collectors site would be a good place to find this info. www.skcollector.com.
    Good Idea ! i a on there all the time and why it didn't cross my mind i have no idea ! thanks

Citizen of Gilead namelessnpoor will become famous soon enough namelessnpoor will become famous soon enough namelessnpoor's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by jhanic View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by lophophoras View Post
    Guys...where can I find a list for identifying first editions? I think I have seen a list somewhere that was on a spreadsheet. Anybody have a copy?

Thanks!
    I'd like to see someone who is knowledgeable set up a list for UK first editions. I don't think any exists now, though I could be mistaken.

John

On The Collectors website there is list for identifying UK firsts and also one for US firsts i believe

Other worlds Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Good Idea ! i a on there all the time and why it didn't cross my mind i have no idea ! thanks
    At the risk of stating the obvious, we have the King's Collectible Catalog right here in Calvin's Corner that includes information on, and photos of, all of these volumes.
    "...that Siren which called and sang and promised so much and gave, after all, so little." ~ Ray Bradbury

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Patrick View Post
    At the risk of stating the obvious, we have the King's Collectible Catalog right here in Calvin's Corner that includes information on, and photos of, all of these volumes.
    Thanks Patrick. I worked long and hard on that Catalog. Hopefully it will be of great use to members.

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

I have been using the catalog, but there is no list for the gift editions that i could find. i foud a thread title gift editions but it was blank.
    As for the the list to identify true first editons, a list that states all the oints to look for, such as gutter codes etc... We don't seem to have one for UK firsts. someone was enquiring about a list like that, i noticed todat that there is such a list on the Collectors webpage. It title Identifying Uk first editions.

Jeromes catalog is great, it was quite helpful to me today in determinig what i need to look for, so thank you Jerome.

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

I have been using the catalog, but there is no list for the gift editions that i could find. i foud a thread title gift editions but it was blank.
    As for the the list to identify true first editons, a list that states all the oints to look for, such as gutter codes etc... We don't seem to have one for UK firsts. someone was enquiring about a list like that, i noticed todat that there is such a list on the Collectors webpage. It title Identifying Uk first editions.

Jeromes catalog is great, it was quite helpful to me today in determinig what i need to look for, so thank you Jerome.
    They used to be separated, but the Wiki software we used was causing problems with the site. We are currently working on a fix. Right now it is a bit cumbersome.
    I am working on a temporary solution.

EDIT:
    I added a comment to the Gift and Artist Editions
    thread. It lists Gift, Artist and Collector's editions.
    It should be under the discussion tab.

Roont jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic's Avatar

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by lophophoras View Post
    Guys...where can I find a list for identifying first editions? I think I have seen a list somewhere that was on a spreadsheet. Anybody have a copy?

Thanks!
    I'd like to see someone who is knowledgeable set up a list for UK first editions. I don't think any exists now, though I could be mistaken.

John

On The Collectors website there is list for identifying UK firsts and also one for US firsts i believe
    Here's the updated (through Just After Sunset) link for identifying UK firsts from The Collector:

http://www.stephenkingcollector.com/...yingUK1st.html

John

Goldmember Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

Here's the updated (through Just After Sunset) link for identifying UK firsts from The Collector:

John
    That's the list I gave Thomas.

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Rabbit Trick View Post

John
    That's the list I gave Thomas.
    If you send me the updated Word doc, I will load it up to Google documents.

Other worlds Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Very good of you, Mr. R.T.!

Goldmember Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

Roont jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic's Avatar

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

Thanks, Mr. R.T. Invaluable information!

John

Gunslinger Apprentice artan is on a distinguished road artan's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Astonishing work Mr. Rabbit Trick, thanks a lot!!

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Thanks so much.

Wizard of End-World wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow's Avatar

My Mood
    Busy
    Country
    Country Flag

OK, collectors, I need your help once again on pricing. I have been approached by a collector who wants to consign three rare items through me. I'd like your input on what a "fair" current market price would be.

Complete Same-number DT S/L set + matching LSOE (#245) - The last two sets I saw traded at just shy of $10k. Still, would like input from you.

Salem's Lot Lettered edition - Black Roman Numeral XIII (Black 13!) - These trade so rarely, like the Asbestos Firestarter. The last one I remember traded at $7000 I think, but that was 4 years ago at least. Pricing thoughts?

Lettered Regulators (TT) - My thoughts are around $3500, but want input from all of you.

Many thanks for the help!

Dragline : Nothin'. A handful of nothin'. You stupid mullet head. He beat you with nothin'. Just like today when he kept comin' back at me - with nothin'.
    Luke : Yeah, well, sometimes nothin' can be a real cool hand

From Sorrow to Hope Sam is on a distinguished road Sam's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

My question to you, David, is did the last two sets you saw traded consist of the same (matching set + matching # LSOE). From your description I would say they did. If the other two were the same, I would say your target price is most likely going to be around $10-$12K, maybe a little more, but certainly not over $15K at the absolute most. I lean toward the low end, but that has more to do with the economic issues many of us are facing than anything else.

I was going to say I had no opinion about the others, but I actually do.

The Regulators Limited has generally been just above The Stand in price (though with the Regulators Lettered being much more rare, I can't say why) and I really think it has often been under priced. It is a truly beautiful book and right up there with the Asbestos Firestarter as an art piece, not to mention it is signed by Bachman and not King. BUT, there are twice as many of the Regulators as there are Firestarter, and it is 16 years younger. Therefore, the price is certainly going to be lower, but should it really be that much lower? A Lettered Firestarter is going to bring around $15,000, and I see no reason why the Lettered Regulators shouldn't bring $5000 if your willing to sit on it for a little while. At $3500, I would think it would sell rather quickly, but I can't say anything for certain the way things are now. For myself, I would price it at $5000, but would take an offer of $4000 in a heartbeat.

The Salem's Lot though... that's a stumper. Here is what Tomas lists on his site about this particular book.
    25 deluxe copies ... Fifteen of these massive books (numbered I - XV in black ink) were available for sale, the others were numbered I - X in red ink.
    With only fifteen copies of those available, and with the sale of this book such a rarity, I think you should go with at least $7K for it. Maybe even $8K if it's in pristine condition. The rarity of this item, in my opinion, throws out any effect the poor economy has had to the collecting world.

Those are my thoughts looking at it from a sellers point of view. As a buyer, I think I am completely out of touch with reality and ALL of those should be discounted deeply due to the economic issues we all have faced. The DT set should be around $5000, the Salem's Lot about $2K, and the Regulators you'll never be able to sell for more than $800. It'll hurt some,but I think I can help you with that book and take it off your hands for that. In fact, I'll be nice and give you $850 for it even though I'd be overpaying.
    Margaret Emmie Mackey Catoe, you are, have been, and always will be my soulmate, and I love you.
    Con todo mi corazon, por todo de mis dias. And I always will, in this life and into the next.

August 2, 1947 - September 24, 2010

Number42 Dolan has much to be proud of Dolan has much to be proud of Dolan has much to be proud of Dolan has much to be proud of Dolan has much to be proud of Dolan has much to be proud of Dolan has much to be proud of Dolan has much to be proud of Dolan has much to be proud of Dolan has much to be proud of Dolan's Avatar

hummm... David - if you are asking the buying price that you should pay HIM my thoughts are similar to yours.

$10k for the DT set
    $6-7k for Salems'
    $2.5k for Regulators
    (I base this on current economic standards, of course)

The thing is that I am guessing you are doing this to re-sell right? So you need to make a profit somewhere. If the seller wants to sell these three items together, there has to be a deal in it for you somewhere.

I'd say call it an even $15k for the whole lot and then mark up as you see fit.

Number42 Dolan has much to be proud of Dolan has much to be proud of Dolan has much to be proud of Dolan has much to be proud of Dolan has much to be proud of Dolan has much to be proud of Dolan has much to be proud of Dolan has much to be proud of Dolan has much to be proud of Dolan has much to be proud of Dolan's Avatar

That Salems' Lot is a ddddddddddddream of mine

Country
    Country Flag

The prices on Thomas's site are mostly correct. A lot of research goes into this. Here's Thomas' estimates:

'Salem's Lot Lettered $6500 to $7500
    Regulators Lettered $3750 to $5000

You would be lucky to get more than $10,000 for the DT set. There has been one on sale at Betts for a couple of years with no takers at $15,000.

Sales on ebay will be a lot lower. That's why I buy 90% of my books from there.

Getting a buyer might be a harder prospect. There are dozens of sellers, but very few high end buyers.

Honky Mahfah biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

Just to get this straight: 'consignment' means that David will act as an intermediate between the seller and the potential buyers, and earn a percentual fee if the books sell? That's what I've always understood it to be anyway but please correct me if I'm wrong

Kate / Batwoman turtlex is on a distinguished road turtlex's Avatar

My Mood
    Gay

Quote Originally Posted by biomieg View Post
    Just to get this straight: 'consignment' means that David will act as an intermediate between the seller and the potential buyers, and earn a percentual fee if the books sell? That's what I've always understood it to be anyway but please correct me if I'm wrong
    That sounds about right.

David will list the books on his site ( www.bettsbooks.com ) and then collect a fee when they sell.
    The Man In Black Fled Across The Desert...

...And The Gunslinger Followed.

“I’m always on the Batman rule, sir.” - Kate Kane / Detective Comics 857

"It is the story, not he who tells it." Except to us collectors who have to put limits somewhere. - jhanic

Remember, Remember, The Fifth of November, The Gunpowder, Treason, and Plot.

Honky Mahfah biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

Okay thanks Pam my English is not too bad but sometimes I'm just not sure about the exact meaning of a word.

Kate / Batwoman turtlex is on a distinguished road turtlex's Avatar

My Mood
    Gay

Your Engligh is great, btw.
    The Man In Black Fled Across The Desert...

...And The Gunslinger Followed.

“I’m always on the Batman rule, sir.” - Kate Kane / Detective Comics 857

"It is the story, not he who tells it." Except to us collectors who have to put limits somewhere. - jhanic

Remember, Remember, The Fifth of November, The Gunpowder, Treason, and Plot.

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

I agree with Mr. Rabbit Trick.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 90 of 567 FirstFirst ... 40 80 88 89 90 91 92 100 140 190 ... LastLast