Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 430 of 567 FirstFirst ... 330 380 420 428 429 430 431 432 440 480 530 ... LastLast
Results 10,726 to 10,750 of 14174

Thread: Stephen King Collecting Questions

Citizen of Gilead bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19's Avatar

My Mood
    Amused
    Country
    Country Flag

[QUOTE=Beverly Marsh;982768]
    Quote Originally Posted by bdwyer19 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Beverly Marsh View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by jsmcmullen92 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Beverly Marsh View Post
    A couple of questions for all of you experts

1. What exactly are remarques? I have a general idea but don't really know the details behind them.

2. Does anyone know of a person who does custom slipcases? I have the French hardcover of Creepshow and would love to get that baby in a case....[/QUOT

I'll let Bob talk about Remarques...
    For Custom Slip Cases I use Jeff Whiley . Email him what you are looking for and he will set you up. If you look through the aftermarket slipcase thread you can see some of the examples he has made.
    Do you happen to have his email? I'll check out that thread you mentioned as well. Thank you for the info!
    Click on Jeff's name in that post. It's hyperlinked.
    thank you! That is an awesome picture that you shared. Are there particular artists that gear more towards SK remarques and is the one you mentioned your personal favorite? How much should one generally cost? Sorry for the bombardment of questions but I need to be schooled
    There are definitely different factors that go into the cost of the remarque - how much of the page (quarter, half, or full page sketch), pencil vs ink vs watercolor, or just the artist involved. Some of them charged as little as $60 (I think) for a quick sketch (Mark Geyer in Rose Madder), while a Michael Whelan remarque can cost several hundred dollars. Additionally, most artists are willing to work with you to capture the right scene. I remember when I commissioned Alex McVey to remarque by copy of Blockade Billy. I emailed him a couple of times as he had my book for longer than expected. He apologized, but told me that he was having a lot of fun with it, and I would get it back soon. When I got the book, I was pleasantly surprised to see five pages remarqued. They weren't huge, but he had obviously put some time into them. I think it only cost me $75.

The Duma Key remarque that I shared is one of my personal favorites, primarily because it's one of my favorite King novels, and I think the remarque is outstanding!

Citizen of Gilead bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19's Avatar

My Mood
    Amused
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by carlosdetweiller View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Brian James Freeman View Post
    Here is an example of a remarque. Of the ones I have, this is my favorite.

I absolutely love that one!
    I like it too. I wonder if that is a number 2 or number 3 tennis ball?

Fantastic!! Can I give you a positive rep for that???

"I'm working on my sense of humor" Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an's Avatar

“No matter how cynical you get, it is impossible to keep up” -Lily Tomlin
    Country
    Country Flag

Don't know the number but it's a Dunlop.
    "One day you're going to figure out that everything they taught you was a lie."

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Trying to figure out a who is #2

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

The numbers are there so that a person can tell their balls apart from other players’ balls.
    Some people have difficulty recognizing their own balls...

If that is the case for you, I suggest always #2 balls as an even number for one's own balls is far better than an odd number...

Goldmember carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute

Yes. Of course.

Not to go on all fours; that is the Law. Are we not Men?. T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

That's an absolutely beautiful remarque! Is that Mark Stutzman's signature at the bottom?

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

That is a Stutzman remarque, and thus signed by Stutzman.

Not to go on all fours; that is the Law. Are we not Men?. T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Randall Flagg View Post
    Cool. That probably sounded like a dumb question, but I thought Don Maitz did all the remarques for this book?

My Mood
    Amused
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by T-Dogz_AK47 View Post
    Cool. That probably sounded like a dumb question, but I thought Don Maitz did all the remarques for this book?
    It's Mark Stutzman. Maitz actually had nothing to do with the book. But since he lives in the real-world version of Duma Key, he decided to create some original Duna Key artwork.

Goldmember carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute

It's Mark Stutzman. Maitz actually had nothing to do with the book. But since he lives in the real-world version of Duma Key, he decided to create some original Duna Key artwork.
    When Jerad Walters was soliciting artists to do some commissioned artwork for the big art book Knowing Darkness, Don Maitz asked if he could do something from Duma Key because, as you said, he lives right there. He did a great job on the Ghost Ship painting and has been in demand for Duma Key artwork since.

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

... Don Maitz asked if he could do something from Duma Key because, as you said, he lives right there. He did a great job on the Ghost Ship painting and has been in demand for Duma Key artwork since.
    And remarques too!

... Don Maitz asked if he could do something from Duma Key because, as you said, he lives right there. He did a great job on the Ghost Ship painting and has been in demand for Duma Key artwork since.
    And remarques too!
    That goes without saying.

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

A quick Google search for Don Maitz remarques, or Mark Stutzman remarques has our site in the top 10 results.
    I really attribute this to Bob. The word and it becoming part of the collector lexicon owes as much to attempts to abolish the usage, as to the usage itself.

A quick Google search for Don Maitz remarques, or Mark Stutzman remarques has our site in the top 10 results.
    I really attribute this to Bob. The word and it becoming part of the collector lexicon owes as much to attempts to abolish the usage, as to the usage itself.
    I do what I can.

My Mood
    Amused
    Country
    Country Flag

Yes. Of course.
    Sorry... I tried. Apparently it must be spread around first.

Goldmember Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

They are so COMMON. Here's mine!

My Mood
    Amused
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Rabbit Trick View Post

Yeah, but yours is missing the splash of color that I asked Mark to add!

Goldmember Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

Skulls are better than a tennis ball. Is yours a type 2 or 3 ball?

My Mood
    Amused
    Country
    Country Flag

Skulls are better than a tennis ball. Is yours a type 2 or 3 ball?
    Neither. It looks like a Penn 1 ball.

My Mood
    Amused
    Country
    Country Flag

Bump...

I'm planning on getting in touch with Jeff Whiley for additional slipcases, but could use some assistance with exact measurements. Could I get some help with the measurements (preferably in centimeters) for US 1st editions, with brodart cover, for the following:
    - Lisey's Story, From A Buick 8, Rose Madder, and Bag of Bones

Thanks!

Other worlds Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Bump...

I'm planning on getting in touch with Jeff Whiley for additional slipcases, but could use some assistance with exact measurements. Could I get some help with the measurements (preferably in centimeters) for US 1st editions, with brodart cover, for the following:
    - Lisey's Story, From A Buick 8, Rose Madder, and Bag of Bones

Thanks!
    I don't know the measurements, but if a larger order helps, I'd buy a slipcase for LISEY'S STORY.
    "...that Siren which called and sang and promised so much and gave, after all, so little." ~ Ray Bradbury

Demon of the Prim TCCBodhi is a splendid one to behold TCCBodhi is a splendid one to behold TCCBodhi is a splendid one to behold TCCBodhi is a splendid one to behold TCCBodhi is a splendid one to behold TCCBodhi is a splendid one to behold TCCBodhi is a splendid one to behold TCCBodhi's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I don't have a measuring box, but have a good steel ruler. Will measure the 2 or 3 that I have tomorrow.
    WANTED
    US 1st Printings. I have THESE
    #92 IT Portfolio (or the #95 IT to swap for the #92 that I have)
    Any #95 SK-related Cemetery Dance Edition
    Any #7 PS Publishing Edition
    Sleeping Beauties: Signed Tour version.

Demon of the Prim TCCBodhi is a splendid one to behold TCCBodhi is a splendid one to behold TCCBodhi is a splendid one to behold TCCBodhi is a splendid one to behold TCCBodhi is a splendid one to behold TCCBodhi is a splendid one to behold TCCBodhi is a splendid one to behold TCCBodhi's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I measured on a flat surface with a steel ruler and another flat edge. All books have a Brodart cover on them. Here is what I measured them at. All of them measure at 9 1/2 inches high, but I think that would be a rather tight fit.

Bag Of Bones 9 1/2" X 6 1/2" X 1 7/8"
    Lisey's Story 9 1/2" X 6 1/2" X 1 7/8"
    Duma Key 9 1/2" X 6 1/2" X 2 1/8"

That's what I measured. I'd get some more confirmation before making slipcovers from this, but that should give you a start.
    WANTED
    US 1st Printings. I have THESE
    #92 IT Portfolio (or the #95 IT to swap for the #92 that I have)
    Any #95 SK-related Cemetery Dance Edition
    Any #7 PS Publishing Edition
    Sleeping Beauties: Signed Tour version.

My Mood
    Amused
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by TCCBodhi View Post
    I measured on a flat surface with a steel ruler and another flat edge. All books have a Brodart cover on them. Here is what I measured them at. All of them measure at 9 1/2 inches high, but I think that would be a rather tight fit.

Bag Of Bones 9 1/2" X 6 1/2" X 1 7/8"
    Lisey's Story 9 1/2" X 6 1/2" X 1 7/8"
    Duma Key 9 1/2" X 6 1/2" X 2 1/8"

That's what I measured. I'd get some more confirmation before making slipcovers from this, but that should give you a start.
    THANK YOU!!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 430 of 567 FirstFirst ... 330 380 420 428 429 430 431 432 440 480 530 ... LastLast