Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 92 of 567 FirstFirst ... 42 82 90 91 92 93 94 102 142 192 ... LastLast
Results 2,276 to 2,300 of 14173

Thread: Stephen King Collecting Questions

Wizard of End-World wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow's Avatar

My Mood
    Busy
    Country
    Country Flag

I know Carrie gutter codes were discussed sometime and somewhere, but here is a question:

Customer has an early Carrie with a V8 gutter code. Does anyone here know what V8 might correspond to time wise (date wise?)? Thanks

Dragline : Nothin'. A handful of nothin'. You stupid mullet head. He beat you with nothin'. Just like today when he kept comin' back at me - with nothin'.
    Luke : Yeah, well, sometimes nothin' can be a real cool hand

Honky Mahfah biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

According to Jerome's Doubleday gutter code theory P6 (Carrie 1st) would be week 6 in 1974, so V8 should correspond to week 8 in 1980.

Honky Mahfah biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

I have a question about the Plume trade PB of The Waste Lands. There are two cover variants (see pic below, which I borrowed from Frik/Siep's collection thread). I own the one on the left and my copy has a full number line. Was the 1st edition 1st printing issued with these two covers simultaneously (like the UTD white- and grey-lettered DJs) or is the one on the right a later printing?

If the one on the right is a true cover variant, I'd like to get it. But I've only seen it a couple of times on eBay as a reprint, with a slightly different cover. Does anyone here have one for sale?

Great Old One ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan's Avatar

They were both released at the same time. There is a picture at THE COLLECTOR'S site with my display stand of these books. A blurb on the stand states "Your Choice of Covers!"
    I'm sure if there is intelligent life somewhere out there in the universe, they are wise enough to stay away from us.

And the people bowed and prayed, to the cell phone god they made...

Country
    Country Flag

Yes, I forgot about that display! Thank you I want the train cover variant but it seems quite scarce...

Great Old One ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan's Avatar

Yeah, even back then I was buying two of everything, but I have 3 nebulas and only one train. I never found a second train cover.
    I'm sure if there is intelligent life somewhere out there in the universe, they are wise enough to stay away from us.

And the people bowed and prayed, to the cell phone god they made...

Traveler JohnT is on a distinguished road

Default Question from a newbie

Hello all. Before I go any further I must confess that I've registered at this website for a purely selfish purpose. I am a comic, pulp, and sci-fi collector and I have stumbled on something in my collection that I want to know more about.

I was looking through a batch of old Magazine of Fantasy and Science Fiction digests and I noticed that my October 1978 issue had a story by Stephen King titled "The Gunslinger." I knew enough about the Dark Tower series to remember that this is the title of the first volume. A quick search of the web leads me to believe that this digest is the first publication of the series.

So, I'd like to ask the community a) is it true tha this is the first published installment of DT, b) am I right to assume that this is a fairly important collectors item, and c) does anyone know how I can get a valuation on this book?

I also have at least two other installments of Gunslinger in later FSF issues.

Any information is greatly appreciated!

John

Roont jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic's Avatar

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

a) Yes, it's the first publication of the story The Gunslinger
    b) Yes, it's fairly important.
    c) The going rate for the issues of F&SF containing the Dark Tower stories is about $10-$15 for each issue, granting that each issue is in fine condition. A mailing sticker on the front of the magazine may tend to lower the value a little.

Welcome to the site!

John

Other worlds Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

John H. answered your questions, so I'll just add: Welcome to TDT.com, John T.

Thanks for the welcomes and info, John and Patrick. That's less than I expected for first publications, but you can't argue with the market! I think I'll hang on to them if that's all they go for. They're in VF shape and not too far out of my collecting interests.

Roont Matt will become famous soon enough Matt will become famous soon enough Matt's Avatar

My Mood
    Psychedelic
    Country
    Country Flag

That's the best reason in the world to keep them John, because you like them.
    The kindness of close friends is like a warm blanket

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

We'll go ahead and merge this into the Collecting Questions thread. Thanks to all who helped.

Wizard of End-World wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow's Avatar

My Mood
    Busy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by biomieg View Post
    According to Jerome's Doubleday gutter code theory P6 (Carrie 1st) would be week 6 in 1974, so V8 should correspond to week 8 in 1980.
    Thanks!

Dragline : Nothin'. A handful of nothin'. You stupid mullet head. He beat you with nothin'. Just like today when he kept comin' back at me - with nothin'.
    Luke : Yeah, well, sometimes nothin' can be a real cool hand

Vagrant Dead Nerak is a jewel in the rough Nerak is a jewel in the rough Nerak is a jewel in the rough Nerak is a jewel in the rough Nerak's Avatar

My Mood
    Lurking

I have a question about the Plume trade PB of The Waste Lands. There are two cover variants (see pic below, which I borrowed from Frik/Siep's collection thread). I own the one on the left and my copy has a full number line. Was the 1st edition 1st printing issued with these two covers simultaneously (like the UTD white- and grey-lettered DJs) or is the one on the right a later printing?

If the one on the right is a true cover variant, I'd like to get it. But I've only seen it a couple of times on eBay as a reprint, with a slightly different cover. Does anyone here have one for sale?
    I have the train cover, but my is beat beyond words! LOL My reading copy and it's been read quite a few times! I am sorry to say.

If I had only known....

Big Coffin Hunter Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

Here you have a lot that has it for sale:

http://cgi.ebay.com/Lot-of-The-Dark-...item33596b43e0
    Wanted list:
    Ubris

Goldmember Eric719691 is on a distinguished road

Quote Originally Posted by Nerak View Post

I have the train cover, but my is beat beyond words! LOL My reading copy and it's been read quite a few times! I am sorry to say.

If I had only known....
    I was able to pick up the one on the right yesterday for a few dollars at a used book store. Had never noticed it till this came up.

Traveler Foulkesy44 is on a distinguished road

Default Original Gunslinger Publication: Magazine of Fantasy & Sceince Fiction

Last year I managed to get my hands on all five copies of the Magazine of Fantasy & Science Fiction where the Gunslinger in its original format was first published in seperate parts back in the 70's / 80's.

There all in pretty good condition too, but I was just wondering if anybody had any clue as the value of these as I don't really have any idea!? I can't seem to find many of them sold online.

Big Coffin Hunter Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

Without the slipcase I'd say between $40 and $60. I have 4 of the 5 magazines and never paid more than 12 dls for one (and two of them costed me 5 dls with S/H included)
    Wanted list:
    Ubris

Roont jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic's Avatar

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

Check out the last few questions in the Collecting Questions thread in this forum.

John

Oz the Gweat and Tewwible mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Speaking of the original Gunslinger novellas in MF&SF, I know they were slightly revised for the inclusion in the first volume. What was changed, exactly? Has anyone checked specifically? I'm really curious.

Here's the first Gunslinger. Kind of a goofy cover!

Not An Addict lophophoras is on a distinguished road lophophoras's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

That is a pretty decent copy.

Life is a garden...dig it!

Country
    Country Flag

Hi guys, I have a rather random collecting question: does anyone happen to have the FULL list of Chris Cavalier's 'supercollection' as it was listed on the Bett's Books website? There is still a lot on the website obviously but everything that was sold is long gone from the list... and those are the items I'm curious about

Goldmember Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

I've got the original list. PM your email.

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Here is the original archived web page. I don't think it (the list) is 100% complete.
    http://web.archive.org/web/200404032...20ai.html#girl

Mr. Rabbit Trick is probably your best bet.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 92 of 567 FirstFirst ... 42 82 90 91 92 93 94 102 142 192 ... LastLast