Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 78 of 567 FirstFirst ... 28 68 76 77 78 79 80 88 128 178 ... LastLast
Results 1,926 to 1,950 of 14171

Thread: Stephen King Collecting Questions

Vagrant Dead Nerak is a jewel in the rough Nerak is a jewel in the rough Nerak is a jewel in the rough Nerak is a jewel in the rough Nerak's Avatar

My Mood
    Lurking

Thanks Pam. I would trade the entire SK book collection for all my personal stuff back. I can never replace my family history albums, my kids memory boxes with their hospital bracelets and hair from their first haircuts. It's strange that she keeps the book collection and ditches the personal stuff.
    Promise me you'll always remember: You're braver than you believe, stronger than you seem and smarter than you think.

the Return of CRAZY DOG! Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

well, just read this entire thread...
    first of all, i'm turning karen over my knee and paddling her for putting stephen king in storage!

now that THAT's done...
    karen, sorry you're going through this- what i've seen in cases like this unfortunately ... when items in storage units,apartments/houses, or repo'd cars are confiscated - the personal items like pictures, memory boxes, etc (things that have value only to the orginal owner) are usually thrown in the trash as soon as the law allows (many times sooner). only the goods that might be resold are kept.
    sadly, i have a feeling the city dump is where all those things you treasured most are.

it saddens me deeply you'll probably never see these items again. i'd be devastated.
    i'm glad you got back some of your items... but jeez, what a bummer.

and a $4000.00 settlement ?... wouldn't cover the top shelf of one of my bookcases.
    my opinion, the lawyer is obviously not really looking out for your best interest... just looking to settle quickly .

Number42 Dolan has much to be proud of Dolan has much to be proud of Dolan has much to be proud of Dolan has much to be proud of Dolan has much to be proud of Dolan has much to be proud of Dolan has much to be proud of Dolan has much to be proud of Dolan has much to be proud of Dolan has much to be proud of Dolan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Nerak View Post
    Thanks Pam. I would trade the entire SK book collection for all my personal stuff back. I can never replace my family history albums, my kids memory boxes with their hospital bracelets and hair from their first haircuts. It's strange that she keeps the book collection and ditches the personal stuff.
    That's exactly what I thought K...

Aye... I'm thinking of you my love

Rabid Billybumbler Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold

Did she ever have them? What was the chain of ownership you're stuff supposedly went through before ending up in her hands?

Vagrant Dead Nerak is a jewel in the rough Nerak is a jewel in the rough Nerak is a jewel in the rough Nerak is a jewel in the rough Nerak's Avatar

My Mood
    Lurking

Nathan, it was in the unit, they cut the lock, took pictures (which I haven't gotten) did "inventory" (which consisted of them checking off baby stuff and radio on an inventory sheet, put their lock back on it. On the day of auction, they opened it for the buyer to see it. It was sold and the buyer had 48 hours to clear it out. They had it cleaned out by the end of the weekend. SO they had everything in the unit.

Terry, the rules of the auction house (which the buyer went through, are they have 10 days to return all personal items) which they didn't do. And thanks for spanking me, I quite enjoyed it. And when you go from a three bedroom mobile, to a 4 bedroom apt to a VERY SMALL three bedroom apt, something needs to go into storage. My choice was the books, since I couldn't put the kid in there!!! lol

As for my lawyer, he's working for free, cause he's pissed at the storage company! But if he's pissed, he should be fighting for me! right????

Kenny, my love, Thanks!
    Promise me you'll always remember: You're braver than you believe, stronger than you seem and smarter than you think.

Gunslinger herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

For the Illustrations Catalog :

o DOLORES CLAIBORNE, ARC : US one (?) is illustrated
    the UK edition is illustrated... but didnt know about the american one?

o GERALD'S GAME : the american proof (ABA) is apparently illustrated by Bill Russell.

if anyone have some pictures/ scans of the illustrations to share, it would be nice :-)
    ------------------------------------------------
    CLUB STEPHEN KING (french website about STEPHEN KING, since 1992) : on : Facebook | Twitter | Instagram

Number42 Dolan has much to be proud of Dolan has much to be proud of Dolan has much to be proud of Dolan has much to be proud of Dolan has much to be proud of Dolan has much to be proud of Dolan has much to be proud of Dolan has much to be proud of Dolan has much to be proud of Dolan has much to be proud of Dolan's Avatar

Herbert - I just checked both books (US editions) and I didn't see any illustrations. I did go through them fairly quick, though.

Roont jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic's Avatar

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

I'll have to check my copies, but I don't remember any illustrations in either edition.

John

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by herbertwest View Post

o GERALD'S GAME : the american proof (ABA) is apparently illustrated by Bill Russell.

if anyone have some pictures/ scans of the illustrations to share, it would be nice :-)
    I love additional info.
    The Us edition of Dolores Claiborne as well as Gerald's Game have rather intricate black and white artwork, similar to a woodblock engraving. This follows the Copyright and intro page.The Catalog will be corrected to reflect that:
    Both copies have a map showing Maine and the path of total solar eclipse having occurred July 20, 1963. (Interesting).
    Artist: Bill Russell.
    Jacket design by Neil Stuart. Jacket illustrations by Rob Wood; Stansbury, Rosanville , Wood Inc. Title lettering by Brian Thomas Merrill.
    Publisher: Viking
    Chapter breaks also feature small pictures (B&W) of a woodblock picture style.

Note: Not from the book itself:

Gunslinger herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Dolan View Post
    Herbert - I just checked both books (US editions) and I didn't see any illustrations. I did go through them fairly quick, though.
    yeah, but the proofs maybe? and then wasnt used? dunno. i asked the sellers anyway
    CLUB STEPHEN KING (french website about STEPHEN KING, since 1992) : on : Facebook | Twitter | Instagram

I checked the Dolores US proof and the Gerald's ABA edition. No illustrations...

Rabid Billybumbler Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold

Yeah, but a pissed lawyer working for free is quite a bit less effective than a calm, objective lawyer working a payday.

Country
    Country Flag

hmm ok

Quote Originally Posted by Dolan View Post
    I checked the Dolores US proof and the Gerald's ABA edition. No illustrations...
    But it DOES have the "artwork" that Randall has detailed above. I didn't really think of that as illustration - so my apologies.

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Randall Flagg View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by herbertwest View Post

I love additional info.
    The Us edition of Dolores Claiborne as well as Gerald's Game have rather intricate black and white artwork, similar to a woodblock engraving. This follows the Copyright and intro page.The Catalog will be corrected to reflect that:
    Both copies have a map showing Maine and the path of total solar eclipse having occurred July 20, 1963. (Interesting).
    Artist: Bill Russell.
    Jacket design by Neil Stuart. Jacket illustrations by Rob Wood; Stansbury, Rosanville , Wood Inc. Title lettering by Brian Thomas Merrill.
    Publisher: Viking
    Chapter breaks also feature small pictures (B&W) of a woodblock picture style.

Note: Not from the book itself:
    thanks.
    can u please update the catalog? can u take pix?

My Mood
    Lurking

I know, but when you are broke, you kinda take what you can get! LOL He said that I am free to seek other counsel. I am waiting to hear what their insurance company has to offer before I do anything else.

Kate / Batwoman turtlex is on a distinguished road turtlex's Avatar

My Mood
    Gay

Karen - Gosh, for sure nothing can replace those personal things that you lost. I'm just glad you got something back.
    The Man In Black Fled Across The Desert...

...And The Gunslinger Followed.

“I’m always on the Batman rule, sir.” - Kate Kane / Detective Comics 857

"It is the story, not he who tells it." Except to us collectors who have to put limits somewhere. - jhanic

Remember, Remember, The Fifth of November, The Gunpowder, Treason, and Plot.

the Return of CRAZY DOG! Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Nerak View Post
    Terry, the rules of the auction house (which the buyer went through, are they have 10 days to return all personal items) which they didn't do. And thanks for spanking me, I quite enjoyed it. And when you go from a three bedroom mobile, to a 4 bedroom apt to a VERY SMALL three bedroom apt, something needs to go into storage. My choice was the books, since I couldn't put the kid in there!!! lol
    !
    don't you know... ALWAYS put kids in storage before putting your king collection in storage(especially true if they're teenagers).... people always return the kids.(unfortunately)

even college age kids are better to put in storage than your king collection... they'll return on their own... again, and again, and again....

My Mood
    Lurking

Terry, unfortunately, mine were 9, 6 and 1 when I opened the unit..they wouldn't have been too happy about being there!'

And I regret putting the personal stuff in there more than the books.

Well..the one book that I wanted back but didn't get, my signed Harry Potter and THBP from Harry, Carrie and Garp.

Life is beautiful LadyHitchhiker has a spectacular aura about LadyHitchhiker has a spectacular aura about LadyHitchhiker's Avatar

My Mood
    Worried

Default The Stand Hard Cover

Looking for a hard cover copy of the Stand. Are they pretty expensive and hard to find? The only one I saw, was the one that I MAY be able to get through my book store. It's $50 but I could get 30% off because I work there. Is that a good deal? And since it was published in 1990, does that mean it is the unabridged version or the abridged version?

I've just spent so much money buying paperback after paperback - I keep wearing them out - that I thought it would be a good investment to finally get the HC.

One of The Few The Proud CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

If it was published in 1990 it is the unabridged version. Is it a black dust jacket or a white one - the white is a Grammercy Press Re Issue that actually came out much later. Is it a first edition - it should say First Trade Edition May 1990 on the bottom of the copywrite page. I do not think that $35 is all that much if its a first and in very fine condition. No markings inside, no dog ears, no rips in the dustjacket, no bumps, no brusies, etc. ! :-)
    DT Spoiler - Enter at your own risk!

Spoiler:
    I can’t remember if I cried
    When I read about Eddie’s widowed bride,
    And something touched me deep inside
    The day the bumbler died.”

Click CAN' Ka No Rey for the entire poem, published in Lighthouse VI!

From Sorrow to Hope Sam is on a distinguished road Sam's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

If it was published in 1990, it's most likely the unedited version. I would get it if I were you. 15% of of $50 brings the total to $35 and that's about what you'd pay for a current hardcover if you found one. Just my thoughts mind you.
    Margaret Emmie Mackey Catoe, you are, have been, and always will be my soulmate, and I love you.
    Con todo mi corazon, por todo de mis dias. And I always will, in this life and into the next.

August 2, 1947 - September 24, 2010

Life is beautiful LadyHitchhiker has a spectacular aura about LadyHitchhiker has a spectacular aura about LadyHitchhiker's Avatar

My Mood
    Worried

I mean I've worn out 7 copies of the Stand so far. Let's say I spent 7 bucks on them (just for arguments sake). That's 49 dollars right there! So I figure it's a great long term investment. I never ever ever buy hardcovers usually because they're a lot of money and Linus and Mandarin used to chew up my hardcovers.

This would be a brand new copy so I'll see if I can order it and if it'll come in and then put it in my tupperware with the very few hcs I have.

It will be new if I can get a hold of it through our ordering... We'll have to see if we can get it!

Roont jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic's Avatar

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

LadyH, if you have an eBay account, you can get a hardcover Stand for less than $10!

http://books.shop.ebay.com/Books-/26...&_sop=15&_sc=1

John

From Sorrow to Hope Sam is on a distinguished road Sam's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Liz, take your books out of the tupperware and put them on a bookshelf. If moisture ever were to get in the tupperware, the books would be ruined.
    Margaret Emmie Mackey Catoe, you are, have been, and always will be my soulmate, and I love you.
    Con todo mi corazon, por todo de mis dias. And I always will, in this life and into the next.

August 2, 1947 - September 24, 2010

+ Reply to Thread
Page 78 of 567 FirstFirst ... 28 68 76 77 78 79 80 88 128 178 ... LastLast