Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 567 1 2 3 11 51 101 501 ... LastLast

Thread: Stephen King Collecting Questions

Big Coffin Hunter Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

Default Stephen King Collecting Questions

Hello people.

As many of you know Cemetary Dance (http://www.cemetarydance.com) will be releasing in December the upcomming book "Stephen King: The Non-Fiction", by Rocky Wood and Justin Brooks.

I had the opportunity to get an ARC and see the book. I must say that it impressed me in a very good way. Both authors did (again) an excellent research job, because EVERY single non-fiction work that I knew (and a lot that I didn't, of course) is listed there, with a description of it, where it appeared and some interest comments about it. Also includes the essay "My Little Serrated Security Blanket", a very funny and twisted essay about an ice axe.

It covers over 560 works of non-fiction. Too bad there isn't an slipcased edition that contains this and "Stephen King: Uncollected, Unpublished".

The cover art is done by Alan Clark, who did the excellent cover illustrations for The Complete Dark Tower Concordance, the S/L edition of The Regulators and Quietly Now among others.

If anyone wants to order the book, here's the direct link to it:
    http://www.cemeterydance.com/page/CDP/PROD/wood02

Wanted list:
    Ubris

Roont jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic's Avatar

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

I also have the ARC and agree with Ari--this is a very informative book. I haven't been able to figure out if they missed anything either. I think it's as comprehensive as it can be!

John

Oz the Gweat and Tewwible mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

It would've been a better book if it actually included all the non-fiction pieces instead of just talking about them

Roont jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic's Avatar

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

Im sure copyright issues prevented that. Actually, I'm surprised they were able to print the one item they did.

John

Demon of the Prim Cutter has a spectacular aura about Cutter has a spectacular aura about Cutter's Avatar

My Mood
    Lurking
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by jhanic View Post
    Im sure copyright issues prevented that. Actually, I'm surprised they were able to print the one item they did.

John
    Well they had to get permission to get that one in the book. So one could see how problematic it would be to get all, or even more pieces of work.

Gunslinger Apprentice Ikilledthecrimsonking is on a distinguished road Ikilledthecrimsonking's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

not a big fan of nonfiction but i enjoyed faithful

Caution: eye irritant Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon's Avatar

My Mood
    Blah
    Country
    Country Flag

Default The Plant

Pardon if this is an ignorant question. You see, I am no collector therefore I am ignorant on the subject. I want to finish reading "The Plant" without taking out a second mortgage. Are there any copies for reading avaliable?
    All that's left of what we were is what we have become.

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

It was "sold" as a download on the Internet in 2000. Payment was via the honesty system. Info
    Now your best bet is to have someone send the file to you, or occasionally a printed version of the file comes up for sale on E-bay.

Big Coffin Hunter Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

Send me a pm with your email address and I'll send you the pdf version.
    Wanted list:
    Ubris

Vagrant Dead Nerak is a jewel in the rough Nerak is a jewel in the rough Nerak is a jewel in the rough Nerak is a jewel in the rough Nerak's Avatar

My Mood
    Lurking

Quote Originally Posted by Ari_Racing View Post
    Send me a pm with your email address and I'll send you the pdf version.
    Hey Ari, can you send me the PDF version? I only have a printed copy. Would love to have it on file too!

Thanks, Love!
    Promise me you'll always remember: You're braver than you believe, stronger than you seem and smarter than you think.

Gunslinger herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Jon View Post
    Pardon if this is an ignorant question. You see, I am no collector therefore I am ignorant on the subject. I want to finish reading "The Plant" without taking out a second mortgage. Are there any copies for reading avaliable?

Something that havent been said, is that anyway, the book is UNFINISHED and not planned to be.

Steve did only publish the first volume of the book, entitled Zenith Rising, and that do include 6 chapters... (do that make sense?)

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by herbertwest View Post
    Something that havent been said, is that anyway, the book is UNFINISHED and not planned to be.

Steve did only publish the first volume of the book, entitled Zenith Rising, and that do include 6 chapters... (do that make sense?)
    Yes.
    As of mid-2001, six parts have been published (making up the first somewhat self-contained part of the novel). King has said that there will be more, but that some other projects will be finished first.

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

I'm not home now (I'm out of state, visiting my wife's relatives) or I'd offer to send you all the PDF file. I should be back home Thursday. (I'm on the hotel's internet computer!)

I really don't expect King to ever have the inclination to finish The Plant. Just my two cents' worth.

John

One of The Few The Proud CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

I agree with John. I think that Zenith Rising is all you're going to see of The Plant.
    DT Spoiler - Enter at your own risk!

Spoiler:
    I can’t remember if I cried
    When I read about Eddie’s widowed bride,
    And something touched me deep inside
    The day the bumbler died.”

Click CAN' Ka No Rey for the entire poem, published in Lighthouse VI!

Mother of Dragons Erin will become famous soon enough Erin will become famous soon enough Erin's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

I've never read what exists of the Plant before. If it wouldn't be too much trouble, would someone mind sending it to me? Pretty please?
    I am Daenerys Stormborn and I will take what is mine. With fire and blood.

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

allright...I'm uploading it to yousendit.com

I have two pdf versions. Both are in the zip file.

Here's the link:
    http://download.yousendit.com/2519077D1287C0EB
    Wanted list:
    Ubris

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

Sorry. Double post
    Wanted list:
    Ubris

Other worlds Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Thanks, Ari! Is there any difference between your two PDF versions?
    "...that Siren which called and sang and promised so much and gave, after all, so little." ~ Ray Bradbury

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

I believe (I can't assure it for sure since I don't have it) that one of the versions is the scanned one from the original. The other one is the one I bought full.
    Wanted list:
    Ubris

Mother of Dragons Erin will become famous soon enough Erin will become famous soon enough Erin's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

Thanks a ton, Ari!
    I am Daenerys Stormborn and I will take what is mine. With fire and blood.

Other worlds Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

I'm about halfway through now, I've read Parts I through IV.

Thanks again for hooking us up.
    "...that Siren which called and sang and promised so much and gave, after all, so little." ~ Ray Bradbury

Caution: eye irritant Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon's Avatar

My Mood
    Blah
    Country
    Country Flag

I paid on the honor system for 1-3 but I was told there would be no more so I gave up on it.

Thanks for the info and the link. I'll download it in a few hours.

Thank you all!
    All that's left of what we were is what we have become.

Demon of the Prim Cutter has a spectacular aura about Cutter has a spectacular aura about Cutter's Avatar

My Mood
    Lurking
    Country
    Country Flag

Default Collecting Questions

There was an older thread about collecting questions, but I couldn't find it, so I'm starting a new one. Sorry if it's still around...

Anyway a guy on another forum asked this question:

Anyone have any background info on LAND OF ENCHANTMENT, the press that published the gorgeous, oversized, illustrated edition of Koontz's TWILIGHT EYES and also King's Cycle of the Werewolf? Just wondering who originally ran it, if they published anything else substantial (I think they did a Berni Wrightson art book), etc.
    And he's been getting no replies. I was wondering if anyone could answer this guys question since I know there is a lot of interest in the Limited Cycle of the Werewolf, I'm assuming someone would know something about the publisher.
    Geoff

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

I have a copy of Land of Enchantment's Twilight Eyes still in the publisher's shrinkwrap, but have no idea on the company's background, etc. I got the book when it first came out from Bob Weinberg, now an author and collector, then a bookseller and collector. Other than King's Werewolf, I didn't know they published anything else.

John

Word Slinger Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent's Avatar

Christopher Zavisa ran Land of Enchantment Press in 1979 when he approached King with the idea of doing an illustrated calendar. Don't know anything more about him than that.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 567 1 2 3 11 51 101 501 ... LastLast