Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 230 of 567 FirstFirst ... 130 180 220 228 229 230 231 232 240 280 330 ... LastLast
Results 5,726 to 5,750 of 14175

Thread: Stephen King Collecting Questions

Citizen of Gilead barlow will become famous soon enough barlow's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I hope this is the right forum for this question. There are three king items I have seen listed for sale over the years I have always wanted to see, I figure there is a decent chance someone on this site might have them and could post pictures.

1. Back in the days when we would get flyers in the mail from Bett's there was a copy of IT listed that was bound in green leather. Stu thought ther was the possibility this might be the copy that was done for Mr. King by the publisher and had been lost in the mail.

2. Camelot books had a couple of tray cases made for the lettered edition of Fire Starter, that they said looked really cool.

3. The Bett's Bookstore leather bound edition of the Salem's Lot limited.

These are items I always thought it would be cool to see.

Thanks, Ken

Honky Mahfah biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

Bev Vincent has pics of 1. on the forum, carlosdetweiller has pics of 3. on the forum. Don't know about 2!

Country
    Country Flag

I have one of the variant cover copies of the first plume edition of The Gunslinger (looks like the Audio book cover) and have seen it listed as an advance copy. However I remember hearing that a case or two were sent out for sale, but the rest were pulped because king did not like the cover. Does anyone know for sure what the story is for this book?

Thanks, Ken

Roont jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic's Avatar

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

I have it listed as a proof/ARC or cover variant for the Plume Gunslinger. I understand that King did not like the cover and asked that it be redone. There are a number of these floating around. Here's a picture of mine:

John

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by biomieg View Post
    Bev Vincent has pics of 1. on the forum, carlosdetweiller has pics of 3. on the forum. Don't know about 2!
    Thanks for the info Michael. I found carlosdetweiller's collection. any idea what thread Bev might have it listed on?

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by jhanic View Post
    I have it listed as a proof/ARC or cover variant for the Plume Gunslinger. I understand that King did not like the cover and asked that it be redone. There are a number of these floating around. Here's a picture of mine:

John
    Thanks for the info John, do you know If they were only sent out as review copies, or if they were for sale?

Roont jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic's Avatar

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

I'm not really sure, but my "gut" feel is that they were never offered for sale.

John

Citizen of Gilead olverts will become famous soon enough olverts will become famous soon enough olverts's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

The copy i had came with a publishers letter so i´m with you John !

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

I forgot I had this:

John

Honky Mahfah biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

There you go Ken: click

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by biomieg View Post
    There you go Ken: click
    Thanks Michael, it's cool to see the oddities and I wasn't exactly sure how to narrow the search down.

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by barlow View Post

Thanks, Ken
    Several of those out there. Different color bindings. I have a "red leather" one.

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Randall Flagg View Post

Thanks, Ken
    Several of those out there. Different color bindings. I have a "red leather" one.
    Thanks, RF I spotted it in your collection when I looked this time. Did the binder do anything cool with the endpapers or the front or back boards of the binding?

Ken

Citizen of Gilead thegreattim will become famous soon enough thegreattim will become famous soon enough thegreattim's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Hey everyone,

Been ages since I have had a chance to actually hang out on these forums and chat with you all, especially sad given all the exciting King news in the last year or so. But I have been still actively collecting, and need some quick advice from those of you who collect the UK first editions. I've picked up a few of these recently, and most of them look great. However, with 3 of them, I have some reservations, I'm wondering if they might be BCEs. All three are full sized books (though I've seen US King BCEs this way too). All the jackets look great (including the "shimmering" printing of the author name in some cases), not the cheap paper and dull printing one usually associates with BCEs, and all the CP pages are fully indicative that they are first printings of the first UK edition. However, all three of this books lack a price on the bottom of the inner flap of the jacket. And sadly, this is always my first and biggest clue of BCE status. But not being familiar with the UK publishing system as well as I am with the US, I was hoping a couple of you might actually go pull these books from your shelves and check yours for prices.

The three books are Insomnia, Desperation, and The Regulators. As always, I appreciate anyone's help and feedback!
    ~Tim

Can Toi Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck's Avatar

New Zealand (pronounced Noo Zeeland if you want to get the accent right...)
    My Mood
    Angelic
    Country
    Country Flag

Hey Tim!
    Great to have you back.

From my experience, the books you have are likely to be export editions. I say that as here in New Zealand, we often get the UK editions released here (if lucky enough to get hardbacks released at all), and they are exactly the same as the UK editions, sans price printed on the inside jacket. Not sure if others refer to them as different names, but I call them export editions just cos they obviously get exported out my way

At the risk of getting my head bitten off, check out this link:
    Spoiler:
    I say at the risk cos last time I directed someone to this site I got in trouble. But I dont think there is UK first edition info here? Hope not or else I'm in for it again...

http://www.stephenkingcollector.com/...yingUK1st.html

You'll see that the three editions you refer to should all have a price tag of £16.99 or £15.99

Hope that helps. Also, if I'm way off, please people, let me know.

Cheers!

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Randall Flagg View Post

Thanks, Ken
    Thanks, RF I spotted it in your collection when I looked this time. Did the binder do anything cool with the endpapers or the front or back boards of the binding?

Ken
    They put in special endpapers. Different copies have different endpapers. In essence no two books are alike.

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Jimimck View Post
    Hey Tim!
    Great to have you back.

From my experience, the books you have are likely to be export editions. I say that as here in New Zealand, we often get the UK editions released here (if lucky enough to get hardbacks released at all), and they are exactly the same as the UK editions, sans price printed on the inside jacket. Not sure if others refer to them as different names, but I call them export editions just cos they obviously get exported out my way

You'll see that the three editions you refer to should all have a price tag of £16.99 or £15.99

Cheers!
    I agree. Those are, most probably, export editions. They're not quite as valuable as priced editions, but they're not bad.

Here's another site you might want to check out. It's not been kept up to date, but...

http://www.redeem.freeserve.co.uk/Kingbookpages/

John

Word Slinger Bev Vincent has a reputation beyond repute Bev Vincent has a reputation beyond repute Bev Vincent has a reputation beyond repute Bev Vincent has a reputation beyond repute Bev Vincent has a reputation beyond repute Bev Vincent has a reputation beyond repute Bev Vincent has a reputation beyond repute Bev Vincent has a reputation beyond repute Bev Vincent has a reputation beyond repute Bev Vincent has a reputation beyond repute Bev Vincent has a reputation beyond repute Bev Vincent's Avatar

I hope this is the right forum for this question. There are three king items I have seen listed for sale over the years I have always wanted to see, I figure there is a decent chance someone on this site might have them and could post pictures.

1. Back in the days when we would get flyers in the mail from Bett's there was a copy of IT listed that was bound in green leather. Stu thought ther was the possibility this might be the copy that was done for Mr. King by the publisher and had been lost in the mail.
    After I acquired this one, I offered to send it to Steve if it was indeed supposed to have been his. However, I was told that it was probably produced by the publisher for internal people and not for him.

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Bev Vincent View Post

After I acquired this one, I offered to send it to Steve if it was indeed supposed to have been his. However, I was told that it was probably produced by the publisher for internal people and not for him.

Thanks, Bev. I always wanted to see that book after missing out on it, it's also cool to know more of the story behind it.

Demon of the Prim Dan is a name known to all Dan is a name known to all Dan is a name known to all Dan is a name known to all Dan is a name known to all Dan is a name known to all Dan's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

That's very nice Bev!

Demon of the Prim ChristineB is a jewel in the rough ChristineB is a jewel in the rough ChristineB is a jewel in the rough ChristineB's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Barlow, just a tip. All of the newer- 90's forward- BCE's that I have are the same size as the trade editions, that is for the US BCEs no idea if this applies to UK BCEs. Just for your knowledge.
    Christine

Citizen of Gilead thegreattim will become famous soon enough thegreattim will become famous soon enough thegreattim's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Hey Tim!
    Great to have you back.

Spoiler:
    I say at the risk cos last time I directed someone to this site I got in trouble. But I dont think there is UK first edition info here? Hope not or else I'm in for it again...

Cheers!
    Quote Originally Posted by jhanic View Post
    Hey Tim!
    Great to have you back.

Cheers!
    I agree. Those are, most probably, export editions. They're not quite as valuable as priced editions, but they're not bad.

Here's another site you might want to check out. It's not been kept up to date, but...

http://www.redeem.freeserve.co.uk/Kingbookpages/

John

Hey guys, thanks for the information! That makes sense that they are export editions, now that you bring that to my attention. I have a US Viking export edition of Insomnia too, listing both the US price on the top of the jacket flap and the UK price on the bottom. Kind of weird, now that I think about it. Makes sense for Hodder to have export editions for Australia and the other parts of the Commonwealth. Not sure the logistics behind Viking having an export edition for the UK, but whatever. I'm just glad that I know what my books are and that they're not book club editions!

Thanks again,
    ~Tim

Roont Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice's Avatar

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Bev Vincent View Post

Thanks, Bev. I always wanted to see that book after missing out on it, it's also cool to know more of the story behind it.
    It is in fact his. Luckily he just moved to my house. I'll go ahead and send you the address.

Spoiler:
    Seriously lovely book, Bev!
    The Awesomest fled across the desert and The Awesomer followed.

If you rescue me
    I’ll be your friend forever

I wish that I could write fiction, but that seems almost an impossibility. -howard phillips lovecraft (1915)

Guardian of the Beam ELazansky is just really nice ELazansky is just really nice ELazansky is just really nice ELazansky is just really nice ELazansky is just really nice ELazansky's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

The Revised Edition of Justin Brooks' Bibliography is now available as an eBook - http://www.amazon.com/Stephen-King-P...=justin+brooks

Not really a question...just wanted to put it out there

Country
    Country Flag

Hey, thanks for the heads up!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 230 of 567 FirstFirst ... 130 180 220 228 229 230 231 232 240 280 330 ... LastLast