Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 486 of 567 FirstFirst ... 386 436 476 484 485 486 487 488 496 536 ... LastLast
Results 12,126 to 12,150 of 14170

Thread: Stephen King Collecting Questions

Goldmember Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

Brian is doing the right thing. The glue will eventually leave a mark when the glue dries out and shrinks over time.

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Question for you guys. I am THIS CLOSE to getting all the signed limiteds that King has ever done. The ones I consider must haves that I do not are:

-House Next Door, The - S/L
    -My Pretty Pony - S/L
    -New Lieutenant's Rap, The - S/L
    -Regulators/Desparation S/L UK
    -Full Dark, No Stars - Book Club 1/100 Signed

My question is this... do you consider these three S/L's?

-German Duddits
    -Folio Shining Signed Give Away

I do not count the guitar... I think it has nothing to do with the print world. I will never own it and it has no place in my library and perhaps others disagree but I feel strongly about that for my collection. Is the FDNS numbered? I know there is a 100 but have no clue if it is or not. Thanks all
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by webstar1000 View Post

-German Duddits
    Thanks all

IMO, the FDNS is without a doubt an official signed limited. Though not numbered the limitation page clearly states it's a signed limited.

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Randall Flagg View Post

-German Duddits
    Thanks all

IMO, the FDNS is without a doubt an official signed limited. Though not numbered the limitation page clearly states it's a signed limited.

Agreed RF. IT clearly states that. I Edited my post.
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

The Folio Shining had an official contest for 110 copies signed by the artists and author. It was officially sanctioned by Stephen King (he signed the 110 bookplates).

In an email between Thomas Krynsky, (SKCollector) and Edward Cornthwaite, Membership Secretary The Folio Society, The quantity done, and the rules required to enter were clarified. Seeing as it's a lengthy email, I have put it in a spoiler tag.

Full email

The following two pics are of the signature plate signed by King and the artist, as well as an exterior sticker affixed only to the 110 signed copies.

Given that the "contest" for a limited number (110) of copies was blessed by Stephen King, reading the correspondence regarding the limitation and rules, and viewing the pictures, I believe a reasonable person would consider the book to be a signed limited.

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Of course other opinions are encouraged.

Manni Folken The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Randall Flagg View Post
    Of course other opinions are encouraged.

You are correct imo.
    Limited to 110 copies = limited edition.

Maerlyn's Imp tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4's Avatar

My Mood
    Hot
    Country
    Country Flag

Question for you guys. I am THIS CLOSE to getting all the signed limiteds that King has ever done. The ones I consider must haves that I do not are:

-My Pretty Pony - S/L

-German Duddits

I do not count the guitar... I think it has nothing to do with the print world. I will never own it and it has no place in my library and perhaps others disagree but I feel strongly about that for my collection. Is the FDNS numbered? I know there is a 100 but have no clue if it is or not. Thanks all
    Since in your initial statement, you did not use the word BOOKS, I think you have to count the guitar.

I do not own the guitar, and have no plans to own it.

And yes....I count the Folio Shining.
    FOR SALE OR TRADE

Dark Tower 7 Artist Edition n/a
    The Waste Lands 1st Edition in Shrinkwrap $200
    1984 Grant Gift Edition of The Talisman $400
    Lisey's Story ARC $50

WANTED
    Signed 1st Edition of Storm of The Century (Paperback)

Bastard Son of Cort stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Kris,
    Do you have the S/l F &SF edition? I don’t recall ever seeing that in your thread.
    "A real limited edition, far from being an expensive autograph stapled to a novel, is a treasure. And like all treasures do, it transforms the responsible owner into a caretaker, and being a caretaker of something as fragile and easily destroyed as ideas and images is not a bad thing but a good one...and so is the re-evaluation of what books are and what they do that necessarily follows." - Stephen King

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

As far as Duddits, that one is not so easy to clarify. Purportedly, there were only 25 that King signed with 10 going to amazon.de, and 15 to Newspaper Die Zeit , 5 of which were said to be auctioned.

If that is the case, then the 25 copies of Duddits qualify as a legitimate King signed limited.

Title: Duddits (Dreamcatcher)
    Author: Stephen King
    Publisher: Ullstein
    Publication Year: 2001
    State: limited to 25
    Comments:
    This is the one and only signed limited German Stephen King book.
    Easy to distinguish. The signatur is on a WHITE page, in all other ´normal´ Duddits hc´s is this page GREEN.
    10 Copies were sold at Amazon.de, 10 by Newspaper Die Zeit and 5 at an Auction from Newspaper Die Welt.

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

P.S.

Sorry to be the bearer of bad news for your wallet, but being on the hunt for a Chadbourne PC 1/150 Colorado Kid, I feel your pain.

"I'm working on my sense of humor" Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an's Avatar

“No matter how cynical you get, it is impossible to keep up” -Lily Tomlin
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by stroppygoblin View Post
    Kris,
    Do you have the S/l F &SF edition? I don’t recall ever seeing that in your thread.
    Well, we are all getting older.
    "One day you're going to figure out that everything they taught you was a lie."

Bastard Son of Cort stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Br!an View Post
    Kris,
    Well, we are all getting older.
    I should probably get that. but...
    "A real limited edition, far from being an expensive autograph stapled to a novel, is a treasure. And like all treasures do, it transforms the responsible owner into a caretaker, and being a caretaker of something as fragile and easily destroyed as ideas and images is not a bad thing but a good one...and so is the re-evaluation of what books are and what they do that necessarily follows." - Stephen King

Guardian of the Beam peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Duddits? Never heard of this S/L... Cool

Goldmember Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by peripheral View Post
    Sounds like something Chad would call his bros
    You don't know my kind.....You don't my mind.....Dark necessities are part of my design.....

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

The Catalog is (now) your friend. (I just added the entry)

Country
    Country Flag

Kris,
    Yes I have that even made a custom slipcase for it too!
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Kris,
    Cool - any pictures of the slipcase?

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by tippy4 View Post

-My Pretty Pony - S/L

-German Duddits

Since in your initial statement, you did not use the word BOOKS, I think you have to count the guitar.

I do not own the guitar, and have no plans to own it.

And yes....I count the Folio Shining.
    Sorry I meant literature. Thought I said what Tip. My bad... like I could Rainey Season and Rock Bottom but not the guitar.
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Country
    Country Flag

Kris,
    Cool - any pictures of the slipcase?
    I'll grab one tonight for ya brother!
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Maerlyn's Imp HONKYTONKSMASH has much to be proud of HONKYTONKSMASH has much to be proud of HONKYTONKSMASH has much to be proud of HONKYTONKSMASH has much to be proud of HONKYTONKSMASH has much to be proud of HONKYTONKSMASH has much to be proud of HONKYTONKSMASH has much to be proud of HONKYTONKSMASH has much to be proud of HONKYTONKSMASH has much to be proud of HONKYTONKSMASH has much to be proud of HONKYTONKSMASH's Avatar

My Mood
    Cool
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Brian861 View Post

Country
    Country Flag

So far we are at:

-My Pretty Pony - S/L
    -Folio Shining
    -Duddits

What's the consensus on Duddits dudes and dudettes?

EDIT: added Duddits. I cannot think of any other odd balls... you guys?
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Guardian of the Beam peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by HONKYTONKSMASH View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Brian861 View Post
    +1

"I'm working on my sense of humor" Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an's Avatar

“No matter how cynical you get, it is impossible to keep up” -Lily Tomlin
    Country
    Country Flag

It is certainly limited and signed, so it's a signed limited.

It isn't a US or English language signed limited though.

So I'd say you probably have to decide for yourself.
    "One day you're going to figure out that everything they taught you was a lie."

Maerlyn's Imp HONKYTONKSMASH has much to be proud of HONKYTONKSMASH has much to be proud of HONKYTONKSMASH has much to be proud of HONKYTONKSMASH has much to be proud of HONKYTONKSMASH has much to be proud of HONKYTONKSMASH has much to be proud of HONKYTONKSMASH has much to be proud of HONKYTONKSMASH has much to be proud of HONKYTONKSMASH has much to be proud of HONKYTONKSMASH has much to be proud of HONKYTONKSMASH's Avatar

My Mood
    Cool
    Country
    Country Flag

It's a S/L IMO. Maybe an impossibly hard to attain one..I would probably classify it a little differently than the standard s/l, but it is a signed limited edition book....duder

+ Reply to Thread
Page 486 of 567 FirstFirst ... 386 436 476 484 485 486 487 488 496 536 ... LastLast