Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 499 of 567 FirstFirst ... 399 449 489 497 498 499 500 501 509 549 ... LastLast
Results 12,451 to 12,475 of 14170

Thread: Stephen King Collecting Questions

Demon of the Prim TCCBodhi is a splendid one to behold TCCBodhi is a splendid one to behold TCCBodhi is a splendid one to behold TCCBodhi is a splendid one to behold TCCBodhi is a splendid one to behold TCCBodhi is a splendid one to behold TCCBodhi is a splendid one to behold TCCBodhi's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

That Desperation is so strange! If it's a Prototype Book/Traycase of some sort, why would it be numbered #340? If it's a fake, why would someone produce something so nearly like the genuine for one of the most affordable (yet beautiful) S/Ls out there? This is such a bizarre anomaly.

Did you guess it was me? becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69's Avatar

The First Level of Hell - It's got a great view!
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by FlyerPhan0826 View Post
    It did... And it's clearly an S/L.

Hard to explain but it seems like what I got was the inside part of the tray case (top and bottom) but it's missing the outside of the case with the printing on it. Below is a picture with the book inside so you can see how the case isn't a single piece.
    You are correct that you only have the two interior parts of the traycase and missing the stamped outer board that connects them. I wonder if it was sent to the customer that way and they didn't know it was a mistake?

I would still send off an email/photo to Grant and see what Robert says about it.
    Wanted: Human skin edition of The Book of the Dead. Will accept PC copy.

Gunslinger Apprentice FlyerPhan0826 is a jewel in the rough FlyerPhan0826 is a jewel in the rough FlyerPhan0826 is a jewel in the rough FlyerPhan0826 is a jewel in the rough

Thanks for the input! In defense of the seller they immediately issued a refund after I returned and there did not seem to be any deliberate manipulation of the item.

They did mention they'll be reposting it on eBay as not complete and at a discount

Si em, tow en can de lach jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92's Avatar

My Mood
    Busy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by FlyerPhan0826 View Post
    Thanks for the input! In defense of the seller they immediately issued a refund after I returned and there did not seem to be any deliberate manipulation of the item.

They did mention they'll be reposting it on eBay as not complete and at a discount
    Robert has spares of the Traycase at the warehouse (at least last time I talked to him he did) for $40 so if you got a good deal it's worth it. I have a spare traycase as well but the corner is bumped on it from shipping the book to Florida and back.

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Hey my copy of Carrie has this embossed stamp in it.... this devalue it?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

I'd say it does.

Bastard Son of Cort stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

To me it's as bad as having someone scribble their name on the book. Those personal stamps should be banned.
    "A real limited edition, far from being an expensive autograph stapled to a novel, is a treasure. And like all treasures do, it transforms the responsible owner into a caretaker, and being a caretaker of something as fragile and easily destroyed as ideas and images is not a bad thing but a good one...and so is the re-evaluation of what books are and what they do that necessarily follows." - Stephen King

Great Old One ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan's Avatar

Yeah, some guy named Kink or Kling or something like that scribbled his name in a lot of my books. I've used up a dozen erasers already trying to clean them up.
    I'm sure if there is intelligent life somewhere out there in the universe, they are wise enough to stay away from us.

And the people bowed and prayed, to the cell phone god they made...

Citizen of Gilead bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19's Avatar

My Mood
    Amused
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by stroppygoblin View Post
    To me it's as bad as having someone scribble their name on the book. Those personal stamps should be banned.
    I agree. The only time I would be interested in an embossed stamp is if it was an Association Copy.

Vagrant Dead frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by stroppygoblin View Post
    Oops...
    Of course, you're absolutely right.
    I used to be one of these people...
    in every book I bought, I used to write, or stamp, my name...
    Plus write the date when the book was purchased.
    (lasted till I became a, er, serious (ho-hum) collector.

This includes my first edition (Grant) the Gunslinger......

The sins of one's youth...

sk

Bastard Son of Cort stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by ur2ndbiggestfan View Post
    Yeah, some guy named Kink or Kling or something like that scribbled his name in a lot of my books. I've used up a dozen erasers already trying to clean them up.
    Thats a shame. As a friend, I can offer you some pristine copies in exchange...
    "A real limited edition, far from being an expensive autograph stapled to a novel, is a treasure. And like all treasures do, it transforms the responsible owner into a caretaker, and being a caretaker of something as fragile and easily destroyed as ideas and images is not a bad thing but a good one...and so is the re-evaluation of what books are and what they do that necessarily follows." - Stephen King

Maerlyn's Imp tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4's Avatar

My Mood
    Hot
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by webstar1000 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Randall Flagg View Post
    I'd say it does.
    I would say it devalues your book by a minimum of 35%
    FOR SALE OR TRADE

Dark Tower 7 Artist Edition n/a
    The Waste Lands 1st Edition in Shrinkwrap $200
    1984 Grant Gift Edition of The Talisman $400
    Lisey's Story ARC $50

WANTED
    Signed 1st Edition of Storm of The Century (Paperback)

Gunslinger herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Library of (something) french - MEF ?
    ------------------------------------------------
    CLUB STEPHEN KING (french website about STEPHEN KING, since 1992) : on : Facebook | Twitter | Instagram
    ------------------------------------------------

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by herbertwest View Post
    Library of (something) french - MEF ?
    Maury E French

Rabid Billybumbler Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook's Avatar

My Mood
    Busy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by tippy4 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by webstar1000 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Randall Flagg View Post
    I'd say it does.
    I would say it devalues your book by a minimum of 35%
    Really? I guess to those who would purchase it.
    Generally if I pick up a book that's embossed, I set it back down, then pick it back up to see if the jacket's worth a shit.
    To each their own.

“The battle between good and evil is endlessly fascinating because we are participants every day.” - Stephen King

Demon of the Prim TCCBodhi is a splendid one to behold TCCBodhi is a splendid one to behold TCCBodhi is a splendid one to behold TCCBodhi is a splendid one to behold TCCBodhi is a splendid one to behold TCCBodhi is a splendid one to behold TCCBodhi is a splendid one to behold TCCBodhi's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by TCCBodhi View Post
    Questions about the Borderlands 5 S/L. My secret santa (who is it?!) sent me one. I contacted Borderlands Press to see about a replacement slipcover and dustjacket to get rid of a couple EXTREMELY minor dings. I just got those in, but they don't quite match.

The book I got has a smoothish slipcover and an unembossed DJ. From Borderlands Press I got a slipcover that is more leather grained, and the Slipcover has an embossed title.

Which is the 'correct' state for this book? I can't really tell from the Catalog entry. Thanks guys/gals!
    BUMP. I'm not sure people saw this in the middle of the last page.

Borderlands 5
    Nearly smooth or leather grain texture for the slipcover?
    Embossed or flat title on the dustjacket?

Thanks for your expertise!

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Thta's one of the few S/L books I don't have. Hopefully someone will chime in.

Goldmember Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

Questions about the Borderlands 5 S/L. My secret santa (who is it?!) sent me one. I contacted Borderlands Press to see about a replacement slipcover and dustjacket to get rid of a couple EXTREMELY minor dings. I just got those in, but they don't quite match.

The book I got has a smoothish slipcover and an unembossed DJ. From Borderlands Press I got a slipcover that is more leather grained, and the Slipcover has an embossed title.

Which is the 'correct' state for this book? I can't really tell from the Catalog entry. Thanks guys/gals!

Borderlands 5

One of the least liked S/Ls. The slipcover is smooth and the dustcover is not embossed.

Maerlyn's Imp tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4's Avatar

My Mood
    Hot
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Rabbit Trick View Post

Borderlands 5

One of the least liked S/Ls. The slipcover is smooth and the dustcover is not embossed.
    The DJ on both the signed and unsigned version are the same....strange you are encountering a variation.

And hey...the issue price was like $75......how could you not like that?!
    FOR SALE OR TRADE

Dark Tower 7 Artist Edition n/a
    The Waste Lands 1st Edition in Shrinkwrap $200
    1984 Grant Gift Edition of The Talisman $400
    Lisey's Story ARC $50

WANTED
    Signed 1st Edition of Storm of The Century (Paperback)

Country
    Country Flag

Interesting. I got the slipcover and DJ from Borderlands. They must have sent an equivalent slipcover and a reprint DJ, because it is definitely embossed. I'm glad I saw the difference before I completely swapped them out. Thanks for the input!

Yes, $75 would have been a great issue price with all of those sigs!

Might not be a favorite, but it's certainly welcome as a Secret Santa gift, and I'll be keeping it!

Servant of Gan Beverly Marsh has much to be proud of Beverly Marsh has much to be proud of Beverly Marsh has much to be proud of Beverly Marsh has much to be proud of Beverly Marsh has much to be proud of Beverly Marsh has much to be proud of Beverly Marsh has much to be proud of Beverly Marsh has much to be proud of Beverly Marsh has much to be proud of Beverly Marsh's Avatar

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

So I found a NEAR perfect Cujo first. The DJ is fabulous and the book itself isn't bad either. With the exception of a little pencil writing. Nobody's name but it says 1st edition and a price. Of course it smudges when one tries to erase it. Is there a way to get rid of this or should I start looking for a book to marry to the DJ? I'm not normally very picky but I do not like writing in my books!

Si em, tow en can de lach jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92's Avatar

My Mood
    Busy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Beverly Marsh View Post
    So I found a NEAR perfect Cujo first. The DJ is fabulous and the book itself isn't bad either. With the exception of a little pencil writing. Nobody's name but it says 1st edition and a price. Of course it smudges when one tries to erase it. Is there a way to get rid of this or should I start looking for a book to marry to the DJ? I'm not normally very picky but I do not like writing in my books!
    If it is truly pencil then it should come off. I have a few things I try in my arsenal to remove pencil such as Absorene which is this pink eraser like material that helps clean paper as well as an artist eraser that you can mold. Both work well for pencil. other thing I recommend is put the page against your counter rather than the page block you can erase better against a solid surface rather than a block that gives when you push into it.

Servant of Gan Beverly Marsh has much to be proud of Beverly Marsh has much to be proud of Beverly Marsh has much to be proud of Beverly Marsh has much to be proud of Beverly Marsh has much to be proud of Beverly Marsh has much to be proud of Beverly Marsh has much to be proud of Beverly Marsh has much to be proud of Beverly Marsh has much to be proud of Beverly Marsh's Avatar

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by jsmcmullen92 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Beverly Marsh View Post
    If it is truly pencil then it should come off. I have a few things I try in my arsenal to remove pencil such as Absorene which is this pink eraser like material that helps clean paper as well as an artist eraser that you can mold. Both work well for pencil. other thing I recommend is put the page against your counter rather than the page block you can erase better against a solid surface rather than a block that gives when you push into it.
    I'll try those. Thank you Josh!

Great Old One ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan's Avatar

I found a perfect CUJO. Just plucked it off the shelf in the bookstore the day of release. I wish I'd taken a couple more!
    If only I could get the bugs out of that time machine!
    I'm sure if there is intelligent life somewhere out there in the universe, they are wise enough to stay away from us.

And the people bowed and prayed, to the cell phone god they made...

Citizen of Gilead bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19's Avatar

My Mood
    Amused
    Country
    Country Flag

Could someone help me out with the dimensions, and possibly weight, of the Centipede Press Salem’s Lot Gift Edition? Thanks!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 499 of 567 FirstFirst ... 399 449 489 497 498 499 500 501 509 549 ... LastLast