Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 91 of 567 FirstFirst ... 41 81 89 90 91 92 93 101 141 191 ... LastLast
Results 2,251 to 2,275 of 14171

Thread: Stephen King Collecting Questions

Wizard of End-World wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow's Avatar

My Mood
    Busy
    Country
    Country Flag

THanks for the input everyone. Yes, these are for consignment, meaning I am just the middleman. I act as the marketing piece for which I take a % of the sale price of the book. These books hopefully will be priced TO SELL. I have has consignees want to list prices that are way too high...it's like they have missed the last 4 years in the King market. I will list them at their inflated prices, but I do not hope to sell them.

Dragline : Nothin'. A handful of nothin'. You stupid mullet head. He beat you with nothin'. Just like today when he kept comin' back at me - with nothin'.
    Luke : Yeah, well, sometimes nothin' can be a real cool hand

Wizard of End-World wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow's Avatar

My Mood
    Busy
    Country
    Country Flag

New Question....

Somewhere in the Corner we discussed the unnumbered, misbound copies of the S/L Gunslinger. Can someone point me to where that was, or recap the story. I have someone that wants to know how this mistake came to be, how many are out there etc. Thanks

Dragline : Nothin'. A handful of nothin'. You stupid mullet head. He beat you with nothin'. Just like today when he kept comin' back at me - with nothin'.

Kate / Batwoman turtlex is on a distinguished road turtlex's Avatar

My Mood
    Gay

David - I found these responses.

Starts at about post 139 of this thread. I believe Eric asked the question and then Hutch answered.
    The Man In Black Fled Across The Desert...

...And The Gunslinger Followed.

“I’m always on the Batman rule, sir.” - Kate Kane / Detective Comics 857

"It is the story, not he who tells it." Except to us collectors who have to put limits somewhere. - jhanic

Remember, Remember, The Fifth of November, The Gunpowder, Treason, and Plot.

My Mood
    Busy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by turtlex View Post
    David - I found these responses.

Starts at about post 139 of this thread. I believe Eric asked the question and then Hutch answered.
    THANKS!

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Thanks Pam. That was quick.

Kate / Batwoman turtlex is on a distinguished road turtlex's Avatar

My Mood
    Gay

David - You're very welcome. I think that's what you were looking for.

RF - I just happened to be rereading a couple of things and remembered it was here, is all.
    The Man In Black Fled Across The Desert...

...And The Gunslinger Followed.

“I’m always on the Batman rule, sir.” - Kate Kane / Detective Comics 857

"It is the story, not he who tells it." Except to us collectors who have to put limits somewhere. - jhanic

Remember, Remember, The Fifth of November, The Gunpowder, Treason, and Plot.

Millionth Post Club divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Unless I missed something, the link is to a problem with the "regular" print run of 10,000, not with the S/L print run of 500. The linked story is interesting but I do think there was an additional problem with the S/L, even to the extent of copies with no number (just a blank line) being circulated. And some of those with a non-sanctioned number added after-the-fact.

Getting it on. at_one has a spectacular aura about at_one has a spectacular aura about at_one has a spectacular aura about at_one's Avatar

My Mood
    Amazed
    Country
    Country Flag

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...=STRK:MEWAX:IT

does the number on SoS look more like a 3 made into a 2? I have been looking at these books for a while, but now I am a little worried....do s/l editions get corrected from the publisher like this?

Goldmember Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker's Avatar

My Mood
    Amused
    Country
    Country Flag

I see what you mean......strange.

Now see it blown up......sure looks like a 3 in there.

Rabid Billybumbler Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold

Weird...but whoever was numbering them probably wrote the same number twice and then did correct it.

I bet Karen will know!

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by at_one View Post

does the number on SoS look more like a 3 made into a 2? I have been looking at these books for a while, but now I am a little worried....do s/l editions get corrected from the publisher like this?
    Unless there is strong evidence otherwise, I'd say it is poor penmanship. Seems unlikely someone would have 2 copies of #1252 (DTV and DTVII) and obtain then change a third copy (DTVI) from #1253 to #1252.

Gunslinger Apprentice artan is on a distinguished road artan's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I don't know what to say about it...but yes it's look wired

Getting it on. at_one has a spectacular aura about at_one has a spectacular aura about at_one has a spectacular aura about at_one's Avatar

My Mood
    Amazed
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Randall Flagg View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by at_one View Post

Unless there is strong evidence otherwise, I'd say it is poor penmanship. Seems unlikely someone would have 2 copies of #1252 (DTV and DTVII) and obtain then change a third copy (DTVI) from #1253 to #1252.
    I agree, I just have never seen this and was curious why the number would be changed...

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

There are quite a few examples of 'weird' penmanship and numberings out there. This example seems fine to me-if one doesn't like it.. don't buy it. Better to sleep well at night than buy something you will always question. It looks fine. Buy or don't, but IMHO, the numbering of this one is legit.

EDIT:

I don't believe the number has been changed!!

Goldmember Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker's Avatar

My Mood
    Amused
    Country
    Country Flag

Now go back to post #2229 and look at a blown up picture of it.

Rabid Billybumbler Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold

Yes, it's a rewritten number. I'm saying that the person hand-numbering each book (I don't think it's Robert; not his handwriting) wrote "1252" on one book, grabbed the next book and wrote "1252" again...then they just handwrote over it for a quick fix.

I agree with the comment before, that it makes no sense that someone would have V and VII with the same number, but not VI.

Does it matter? Not sure, but if it bugs you, def. don't bid and hope you're okay with it later.

Gunslinger Apprentice super sam is on a distinguished road super sam's Avatar

Is there any differences on the covers of the S/L and the regular audio ed.
    of Drawing of the three from NAL.
    I know the price $125 is on the S/L ed., but is that price also on the regular ed.?

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

The price(s) on the regular edition of DOTT audio are U.S. $34.95, Canadian $45.00
    The Gunslinger was priced at U.S. $29.95, Canadian $39.95

Vagrant Dead Nerak is a jewel in the rough Nerak is a jewel in the rough Nerak is a jewel in the rough Nerak is a jewel in the rough Nerak's Avatar

My Mood
    Lurking

Quote Originally Posted by Rahfa View Post
    Weird...but whoever was numbering them probably wrote the same number twice and then did correct it.

I bet Karen will know!
    The same person bought SOS and DT directly from us. Probably just bad numbering..

Roont jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic's Avatar

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

Karen, just curious--who does the numbering of these?

John

Gunslinger Apprentice super sam is on a distinguished road super sam's Avatar

The price(s) on the regular edition of DOTT audio are U.S. $34.95, Canadian $45.00
    Thanks Randall!

Another question:
    Was the regular and/or the S/L DT audio versions from NAL released in shrinkwrap?

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by super sam View Post
    Thanks Randall!

Another question:
    Was the regular and/or the S/L DT audio versions from NAL released in shrinkwrap?
    Yes. Both were. If not, the cardboard cassette containers would have slipped right out.

Roont Matt will become famous soon enough Matt will become famous soon enough Matt's Avatar

My Mood
    Psychedelic
    Country
    Country Flag

I have someone on the SKMB wanting to donate a first edition of Firestarter to the fund raiser. I linked him to the page in the collectors catalog to verify it was a first. Here was his comment back.

On the back cover, I don't have an ISBN# like the image you linked, just 03992 horizontal on the lower left back jacket.

Everything else on the website is exact.
    Any idea if this is a true first?
    The kindness of close friends is like a warm blanket

I don't believe that's a first edition...at least not a 1st d/j.

Roont Matt will become famous soon enough Matt will become famous soon enough Matt's Avatar

My Mood
    Psychedelic
    Country
    Country Flag

Hmmmm...may need to have him send me some images? That could probably help.
    The kindness of close friends is like a warm blanket

+ Reply to Thread
Page 91 of 567 FirstFirst ... 41 81 89 90 91 92 93 101 141 191 ... LastLast