Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 445 of 567 FirstFirst ... 345 395 435 443 444 445 446 447 455 495 545 ... LastLast
Results 11,101 to 11,125 of 14170

Thread: Stephen King Collecting Questions

Citizen of Gilead darkseer is a name known to all darkseer is a name known to all darkseer is a name known to all darkseer is a name known to all darkseer is a name known to all darkseer is a name known to all

My Mood
    Sleepy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by carlosdetweiller View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Cwalker View Post
    I was in a shop on the coast of Maine today and came across a copy of U. Maine's 1968 yearbook "Prism". Anyone know offhand if King is pictured and what page? It looked like some of the pages had been very carefuly cut, perhaps to remove pictures. Even at $60 I 'm not sure if I'm interested, but I am curious
    I have a copy of the 1968 Prism and have not been able to find any pictures or mention of King in it.
    I have the 1969 copy of prism with a picture of Stephen king as a young republician on page 70. I paid $45 dollars for it on ebay. It's missing pages 149,150,151 and 152.
    Hope that helps

Goldmember carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by darkseer View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by carlosdetweiller View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Cwalker View Post
    I was in a shop on the coast of Maine today and came across a copy of U. Maine's 1968 yearbook "Prism". Anyone know offhand if King is pictured and what page? It looked like some of the pages had been very carefuly cut, perhaps to remove pictures. Even at $60 I 'm not sure if I'm interested, but I am curious
    I have a copy of the 1968 Prism and have not been able to find any pictures or mention of King in it.
    I have the 1969 copy of prism with a picture of Stephen king as a young republician on page 70. I paid $45 dollars for it on ebay. It's missing pages 149,150,151 and 152.
    Hope that helps
    He is also in a photo on pages 88-89 in the 1969 Prism. King is on the right on page 89.

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by burial View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Ari_Racing View Post
    The three stories you're missing (the three are excerpts) are not hard to get actually. The return of Timmy Baterman can be found in the Zombies book for less than 20 bucks:

http://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_from...skipp&_sacat=0

Bird and the album:
    http://www.ebay.com/itm/The-Seventh-...UAAOSw--1WsQLx

The monster in the closet:
    Ladies home journal 1981 (October) - this one might be a little more difficult.
    I'm aware of these publications and I will finally get those "swallowed by monsters"
    (except Zombies - will get it soon)

Jerome -
    I asked only for a TOC/List of stories that are circulating in the "community". I want to verify if I'm missing something that is possible to get (but i didn't ask for it... at least in clear text)

anyway - thank you all for help

>>

Gunslinger herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I believe someone a few years back started a Yearbook thread. Could be interesting to find it back
    ------------------------------------------------
    CLUB STEPHEN KING (french website about STEPHEN KING, since 1992) : on : Facebook | Twitter | Instagram

Vagrant Dead frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by herbertwest View Post
    I believe someone a few years back started a Yearbook thread. Could be interesting to find it back
    Think that was Moshe Prigan.

sk

Gunslinger Apprentice mosheprigan is just really nice mosheprigan is just really nice mosheprigan is just really nice mosheprigan is just really nice mosheprigan is just really nice mosheprigan's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Hey guys.
    Only PRISM copies from 1969 and 1970 have pics of King. And ofcourse the Lisbon high school yearbook from 1968 which I have. I already started a thread of it a few years back.
    Thank you Herberwest and frik.
    Hyman Roth - Minister of Foreign Affairs of THE CRIMSON KING

Gunslinger herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Any idea of what is the story that he mentionned at 10 mins that was published?
    It doesnt ring a bell to me...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_ylwdcYFvHQ
    CLUB STEPHEN KING (french website about STEPHEN KING, since 1992) : on : Facebook | Twitter | Instagram

Word Slinger Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent's Avatar

Startling Stories = Startling Mystery Stories, where he published The Glass Floor and The Reaper's Image

Country
    Country Flag

I noticed that, but didn't he mention another magazine soon after?
    Something from the same publishing house of Sexology or something in those line?

Oh, and Rocky (RIP) and Justin would probably have been interested in the fact that he wrote (and binned) 40 pages of an erotica novel

Banned needfulthings is an unknown quantity at this point

Something from the same publishing house of Sexology or something in those line?

Oh, and Rocky (RIP) and Justin would probably have been interested in the fact that he wrote (and binned) 40 pages of an erotica novel
    Only that HEALTH KNOWLEDGE, INC (Publisher of Startling Mystery Stories) also published SEXOLOGY.

Big Coffin Hunter Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

It's known that he wrote a couple of pages of an erotic novel since these were paid higher per word than regular novels, but gave up and throw it away after writing a lesbian scene in a bird bath, while laughing at it.
    Wanted list:
    Ubris

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by needfulthings View Post

Only that HEALTH KNOWLEDGE, INC (Publisher of Startling Mystery Stories) also published SEXOLOGY.
    Ok, thanks.

@Ari : I think I heard about it, but keep forgetting

Country
    Country Flag

According to Justin's bibliography, IT was released in 1986. Printed or released, in : august for the UK version, september for the US one.
    Can someone please tell me when the book was actually released?

Thanks !

Goldmember Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

According to Justin's bibliography, IT was released in 1986. Printed or released, in : august for the UK version, september for the US one.

Thanks !
    ES (Germany) - May 1986
    IT UK - August 1986
    IT USA - 15 September 1986

The Worlds 1st Trade Edition of IT. (I do not know if this oversized paperback or the Limited Edition broke first?)

Honky Mahfah Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone's Avatar

My Mood
    Cool
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by needfulthings View Post
    The Worlds 1st Trade Edition of IT. (I do not know if this oversized paperback or the Limited Edition broke first?)
    World-First was the limited EDITION PHANTASIA - ES

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Rabbit Trick View Post

Thanks !
    ES (Germany) - May 1986
    IT UK - August 1986
    IT USA - 15 September 1986
    Thanks!
    We dont happen to know the exact UK date, do we?

Or the story between this difference in timing between those 2 territories?

Goldmember Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

We dont happen to know the exact UK date, do we?

Or the story between this difference in timing between those 2 territories?
    I don't, others might.

Demon of the Prim Dan is a name known to all Dan is a name known to all Dan is a name known to all Dan is a name known to all Dan is a name known to all Dan is a name known to all Dan's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Default Book rebinding

There has been lots of talk about book rebinding. I have a link to HH Book Services that was used by members here. Can anyone tell me about the process? What made you decide to rebind? How much should I anticipate paying?

I received a book from my mother in law of Thomas Jeffersons writings printed in 1829, but the spine is missing. The pages are uncut, but far from mint condition. Money is obviously going to play a major role in whether or not to rebind, but I just don't know if it's worth it. If you had a book that was completely restored would you even consider buying it or is that as big of a deal on antique books? It is not leather so I would consider having a leather binding made.

I would love to hear other people's experience with rebinding or restoring books. What you might have learned to avoid. Share pictures if you have them.

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

If you look around you can see where I have had several books rebound.
    Rebinding becomes a CBA (Cost benefit analysis). How important is the book, or what's left of it, to you?
    Is it a family legacy (usually some bible) where few if anyone else would ever want the book, but it's a treasure to you or a loved one?
    Is it something you want to restore/change and sell (I've done may a pet project where the finalized book was auctioned for our Fundraiser)? If so, money "is an object" and achieving great results without breaking the bank ends up being a compromise of cost for the restoration.

If it's a personal project and cost be damned, then there are a few professionals in the USA that can (for thousands of dollars) create what literally is a piece of art.

There are a ton more things to talk about, but certainly if you aren't passionate about it, don't do it.

Demon of the Prim skyofcrack is a jewel in the rough skyofcrack is a jewel in the rough skyofcrack is a jewel in the rough skyofcrack is a jewel in the rough skyofcrack's Avatar

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

I have a similar question. Would it be legal to take already published material and make your own book just for yourself and not to sell to others? Would I still need permission from the authors/publishers?

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by skyofcrack View Post
    I have a similar question. Would it be legal to take already published material and make your own book just for yourself and not to sell to others? Would I still need permission from the authors/publishers?
    You can take a book you own (much like a car you own) and customize it. You could buy 100 Scribner Trade 1st edition hardbacks of EOW and paint an original piece on top of the DJ, and sell them as your own artistic creation of something you have previously bought and paid for. The writer, and publisher have been paid for the book.
    That being said, we have a Copyright thread, and I'm not a lawyer, let alone a CR specialist.

In general, you can take a single book you own (not a bootleg or CR book) and just about do anything you want with it. Immerse it in urine (kinda been done another way so be careful of imitating art for a commercial interest), affix it to a Koran (be very careful of showing someone), etc.

Demon of the Prim Dan is a name known to all Dan is a name known to all Dan is a name known to all Dan is a name known to all Dan is a name known to all Dan is a name known to all Dan's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Thanks for the info RF. I might contact them to see if they had an idea of cost. It certainly would be neat, but not at the expense of several thousand dollars.

"I'm working on my sense of humor" Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an's Avatar

“No matter how cynical you get, it is impossible to keep up” -Lily Tomlin
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Dan View Post
    Thanks for the info RF. I might contact them to see if they had an idea of cost. It certainly would be neat, but not at the expense of several thousand dollars.
    Paul (Zelig) has taken a couple dozen EOTD 1sts and is having them rebound. The final cost being a few hundred dollars a piece, to include either tooled & stained leather or quarter bound leather with Caiman skin in a slipcase. There are many variables which affect the cost. Depending upon your desires, you can have a book 'quality rebound' starting at a couple of hundred and up. Cloth is cheaper, leather more and so on. No doubt you can have lesser quality work done for less.

Antiquarian books were often originally bound in multiple versions. In fact there were often multiple binders employed in the task. They are also often rebound. An original binding in fine condition is obviously worth more than a rebound version. A well done rebound version is more desirable than a severely damaged original binding. I would go with a era appropriate binding style, as if it was bound in the nineteenth century.

Quote Originally Posted by skyofcrack View Post
    You can do pretty much anything you want for yourself and no one need be the wiser. Even if it were known, the likelihood of being sued for a non-commercial violation of copyright is almost nil.

You will violate copyright laws if you reproduce copyrighted content, especially for profit. That is if you take copyrighted material and have it reprinted, you will violate the copyright. If you take an already printed book and repackage it then you are probably safe. The printed word, the font, the artwork and the design are all potentially copyrighted. So taking a previously printed page block and rebinding it is fine as long as you don't use/reproduce original design/font/artwork without permission. A title isn't copyrighted and neither is an author's name. So you can use the title and author's name, but probably not the font, especially if it is distinctive.

I should add that copyright is being constantly extended. Anyone can print/publish anything that is past it's copyright date. A case by case basis is needed to be sure of more recent works, but anything prior to the 20th century is likely fair game.

http://www.thedarktower.org/Copyright-Fair-Use-Appropriation-Derivation-Transformation-Trademark-Patent-Law
    "One day you're going to figure out that everything they taught you was a lie."

+ Reply to Thread
Page 445 of 567 FirstFirst ... 345 395 435 443 444 445 446 447 455 495 545 ... LastLast