Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 472 of 567 FirstFirst ... 372 422 462 470 471 472 473 474 482 522 ... LastLast
Results 11,776 to 11,800 of 14170

Thread: Stephen King Collecting Questions

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by east-tennessee View Post
    Not saw a faded Tommyknockers.......I'm sure there out there.
    EOTD is another for sure
    Oh, yeah that is one also. I guess the TK's is more about "rubbing" than fading.
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

Great Old One zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig's Avatar

My Mood
    Inspired
    Country
    Country Flag

Besides the COTWW, what jackets are easily faded? Gunslinger, Salem's, The Shinning.
    Any other suggestions ??
    Firestarter. The U.K. Dead Zone.

Goldmember Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

Red and Orange fade first.

Millionth Post Club divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

The blue cloth spine on Whispers S/L fades very easily. Book was not issued with DJ.

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by divemaster View Post
    The blue cloth spine on Whispers S/L fades very easily. Book was not issued with DJ.
    Big time! Of the 7/8 copies I have tried for... all of them had that issue and alas.. I still need one. My books are in total darkness and humidity controlled.... alas that is not the norm though.
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Did you guess it was me? becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69's Avatar

The First Level of Hell - It's got a great view!
    Country
    Country Flag

How much do you think a personalized blind embossed stamp (no ink, just emboss) effects the value of a King limited edition? (Stamped on one of the inside pages)
    Wanted: Human skin edition of The Book of the Dead. Will accept PC copy.

Did you guess it was me? becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69's Avatar

The First Level of Hell - It's got a great view!
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by zelig View Post
    Besides the COTWW, what jackets are easily faded? Gunslinger, Salem's, The Shinning.
    Any other suggestions ??
    Firestarter. The U.K. Dead Zone.
    The Green Mile HC, Christine S/L
    Wanted: Human skin edition of The Book of the Dead. Will accept PC copy.

Demon of the Prim AKC has much to be proud of AKC has much to be proud of AKC has much to be proud of AKC has much to be proud of AKC has much to be proud of AKC has much to be proud of AKC has much to be proud of AKC has much to be proud of AKC has much to be proud of AKC has much to be proud of AKC's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by becca69 View Post
    How much do you think a personalized blind embossed stamp (no ink, just emboss) effects the value of a King limited edition? (Stamped on one of the inside pages)
    See reply in other thread for my perspective....

Goldmember Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by divemaster View Post
    I've got mine in blue slipcases now.

Goldmember Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future

My Mood
    Inspired

I looked in the catalogue but I didn't see an entry for a life in the cinema - the normal lettered edition. Am I missing it or is there not one?

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Kingfan24 View Post
    I looked in the catalogue but I didn't see an entry for a life in the cinema - the normal lettered edition. Am I missing it or is there not one?
    I believe you are correct. I think I have one to take pics of, but with my house remodel in full swing, I may get sidetracked. If it isn't up in a few days, please remind me.
    If you have the pertinent info (issue price, ISBN, etc.) please PM stroppygoblin so that he can create the page and I'll update it with pictures.

Thanks.

Maerlyn's Imp tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4's Avatar

My Mood
    Hot
    Country
    Country Flag

I am rebuilding my checklist of US 1st Editions that I lost last year due to a computer crash, and would like some opinions on whether or not a few items belong on that list:

Land of Enchantment Cycle of the Werewolf (1983) (and if not, does the Signet Paperback 1985 belong on the list?)
    NAL Bachman Books Hardback 1985 (I have the four paperbacks on the list)
    Knopf My Pretty Pony 1988
    Doubleday The Stand Complete and Uncut (1990)
    Scribner Green Mile Hardback (2000) (I have the six paperbacks on the list)
    Viking The Gunslinger Revised and Expanded (2003)
    Salem's Lot Illustrated Edition (2005)
    Joyland Illustrated Edition (2014)

I am questioning the Cycle of the Werewolf and My Pretty Pony because they were distributed by small presses and not mass distributed (but I suppose by that logic neither were the first four Dark Tower books). I kind of think of COTW and MPP as "gift editions".

The other books on the list are (to some degree) reprints.

I have the Scribner Blockade Billy on my list instead of the CD version as I consider the latter a "GE".

The CD version of Gwendy's Button Box will go on this list only if there is no mass market version.
    FOR SALE OR TRADE

Dark Tower 7 Artist Edition n/a
    The Waste Lands 1st Edition in Shrinkwrap $200
    1984 Grant Gift Edition of The Talisman $400
    Lisey's Story ARC $50

WANTED
    Signed 1st Edition of Storm of The Century (Paperback)

Servant of Gan Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I bought My Pretty Pony at one of the major bookstores back then - Waldenbooks I think, could have been B. Dalton - at the mall.

President-Matt Fisher Fan Club Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute

My Mood
    Asleep

Quote Originally Posted by tippy4 View Post
    I am rebuilding my checklist of US 1st Editions that I lost last year due to a computer crash, and would like some opinions on whether or not a few items belong on that list:

Land of Enchantment Cycle of the Werewolf (1983) (and if not, does the Signet Paperback 1985 belong on the list?)

I am questioning the Cycle of the Werewolf and My Pretty Pony because they were distributed by small presses and not mass distributed (but I suppose by that logic neither were the first four Dark Tower books). I kind of think of COTW and MPP as "gift editions".

I have the Scribner Blockade Billy on my list instead of the CD version as I consider the latter a "GE".

The CD version of Gwendy's Button Box will go on this list only if there is no mass market version.
    Ughh. I had all them on my list for flatsigned first editions. Except for the darktower revised. Now I need that and the storm of the century paperback. And gwend y and sleeping beauties. When does it end?

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Roseannebarr View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by tippy4 View Post

Ughh. I had all them on my list for flatsigned first editions. Except for the darktower revised. Now I need that and the storm of the century paperback. And gwend y and sleeping beauties. When does it end?
    Refer to the Catalog for guidance,

Banned needfulthings is an unknown quantity at this point

[QUOTE=tippy4;1051253]I am rebuilding my checklist of US 1st Editions that I lost last year due to a computer crash, and would like some opinions on whether or not a few items belong on that list:

Cycle of the Werewolf (Signet Paperback)...YES
    The Land of Enchantment printing was a specialty publication although it did have a large print run most copies did not wind up in the hands of the general public.
    The Bachman Book...YES
    Contained new introduction "Why I Was Bachman"
    My Pretty Pony...YES
    1st available to the general public & still the only stand alone edition.
    The Stand (complete & uncut)...YES
    New material by King.
    The Green Mile (Scriber) Hardcover...NO
    Nothing new by King.
    The Gunslinger (Revised & Expanded)Viking...YES
    Self Explanatory.
    Salem's Lot (Illustrated Edition)...NO
    Nothing new by King.
    Joyland (Illustrated Edition)...NO
    Nothing new by King.
    IMHO

Don't forget "The Cycle of the Werewolf "1st edition 2nd state.
    Spoiler:

This is a sticker (not printed on the cover.)

and I guess you can assume this would also be the 1st Edition 3rd state of Cycle of the Werewolf as it includes the Silver Bullet Screenplay. (That it is a true 1st Edition of the Silver Bullet screenplay.)
    Spoiler:

or is it?
    Spoiler:

Honky Mahfah Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone's Avatar

My Mood
    Cool
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Randall Flagg View Post
    I believe you are correct. I think I have one to take pics of, but with my house remodel in full swing, I may get sidetracked. If it isn't up in a few days, please remind me.
    If you have the pertinent info (issue price, ISBN, etc.) please PM stroppygoblin so that he can create the page and I'll update it with pictures.

Thanks.
    Life in the Cinema Lettered

Servant of Gan Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I bought a letter PC copy from Gauntlet - and it did not have a CD. Had no idea.

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Lurker View Post
    I bought a letter PC copy from Gauntlet - and it did not have a CD. Had no idea.
    Quirky (disappointing) but yes, the PC's didn't come with the CD.

Bastard Son of Cort stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Stockerlone View Post

Thanks.

Thanks - can you provide the other required info? (ISBN, price, etc)
    "A real limited edition, far from being an expensive autograph stapled to a novel, is a treasure. And like all treasures do, it transforms the responsible owner into a caretaker, and being a caretaker of something as fragile and easily destroyed as ideas and images is not a bad thing but a good one...and so is the re-evaluation of what books are and what they do that necessarily follows." - Stephen King

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

I would go look, but this is my "formal" living room. My book collection is to the left, and difficult to go grab a book (with paint on my hands) and get the info.

Great Old One ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan's Avatar

You missed a spot.
    I'm sure if there is intelligent life somewhere out there in the universe, they are wise enough to stay away from us.

And the people bowed and prayed, to the cell phone god they made...

Honky Mahfah Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone's Avatar

My Mood
    Cool
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by stroppygoblin View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Stockerlone View Post

Thanks.

Thanks - can you provide the other required info? (ISBN, price, etc)
    Title: Life in the Cinema
    Author: Mick Garris
    Artist: Clive Barker
    ISBN: 1887368-17-x
    Publication Year: 2000.
    State: 52 lettered
    Issue Price: Lettered 425 $,
    Comments: Traycased, Lettered with sig. CD C.Barker+ M.Garris,
    Clive Barker provides the cover art and 2 cover concept sketches. King writes a long introduction. Tobe Hooper provides an afterword.

Signed from: Stephen King, Clive Barker, Mick Garris, Tobe Hooper

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Si em, tow en can de lach jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92's Avatar

My Mood
    Busy
    Country
    Country Flag

Page added

+ Reply to Thread
Page 472 of 567 FirstFirst ... 372 422 462 470 471 472 473 474 482 522 ... LastLast