Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 208 of 567 FirstFirst ... 108 158 198 206 207 208 209 210 218 258 308 ... LastLast
Results 5,176 to 5,200 of 14175

Thread: Stephen King Collecting Questions

Traveler Hyena is on a distinguished road

Appreciate it VERY much!

Roont Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice's Avatar

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

I will merge this thread and kill the other most likely.

Welcome to the site.
    The Awesomest fled across the desert and The Awesomer followed.

If you rescue me
    I’ll be your friend forever

I wish that I could write fiction, but that seems almost an impossibility. -howard phillips lovecraft (1915)

Traveler Hyena is on a distinguished road

Thanks Brice. I went to delete the other one... But I guess I can't.

Roont Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice's Avatar

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

You can't delete a thread, but I can. I got it covered.

If you rescue me

I wish that I could write fiction, but that seems almost an impossibility. -howard phillips lovecraft (1915)

Great Old One ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan's Avatar

I have two copies of the BC edition of THE WASTELANDS pictured on the right, with the galaxy artwork, so they do exist.

The BC edition of THE GUNSLINGER was released by The Quality Paperback Book Club in October 1988 for $9.95. I was a member and ordered one.
    I'm sure if there is intelligent life somewhere out there in the universe, they are wise enough to stay away from us.

And the people bowed and prayed, to the cell phone god they made...

Demon of the Prim AKC has much to be proud of AKC has much to be proud of AKC has much to be proud of AKC has much to be proud of AKC has much to be proud of AKC has much to be proud of AKC has much to be proud of AKC has much to be proud of AKC has much to be proud of AKC has much to be proud of AKC's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Are the New Lieutenant Rap Proof copies initialed by Alpert signed by King?

Kinda' like the Six Stories Proof Copies......

I'm thinking' not......

You pick something TwistedNadine is a splendid one to behold TwistedNadine is a splendid one to behold TwistedNadine is a splendid one to behold TwistedNadine is a splendid one to behold TwistedNadine is a splendid one to behold TwistedNadine is a splendid one to behold TwistedNadine's Avatar

My Mood
    Twisted

Quote Originally Posted by AKC View Post
    Are the New Lieutenant Rap Proof copies initialed by Alpert signed by King?
    Kinda' like the Six Stories Proof Copies......
    I'm thinking' not......
    The only publisher's / Printer's copies Ive seen signed by King were signed after publication at book signings etc.
    As far as I know the only original ones King signed were numbered

Gunslinger herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

McMurtry Sets Auction of 300,000 Books
    http://online.wsj.com/article/SB1000...googlenews_wsj
    ------------------------------------------------
    CLUB STEPHEN KING (french website about STEPHEN KING, since 1992) : on : Facebook | Twitter | Instagram
    ------------------------------------------------

Demon of the Prim Dan is a name known to all Dan is a name known to all Dan is a name known to all Dan is a name known to all Dan is a name known to all Dan is a name known to all Dan's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by herbertwest View Post
    McMurtry Sets Auction of 300,000 Books
    http://online.wsj.com/article/SB1000...googlenews_wsj
    Wow! 28,000 to keep him for the rest of his life. Good stuff!

Goldmember carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute

I may go to that auction. Archer City is not that long of a trek for me, about 3.5 hours driving. I was through there two months ago and stopped in and McMurtry himself was there. I wish I had a copy of LONESOME DOVE with me but I didn't. I've heard he signs books at the store but only reluctantly. I've stopped in several times over the years but never really found much in there that interested me. Surprising since there are so many books. I probably wouldn't bid at the auction but it would be an event to remember for sure.

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

That's impressive actually. 450,000 books and nothing that interests you.

If you rescue me

Goldmember carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by Brice View Post
    That's impressive actually. 450,000 books and nothing that interests you.
    I've got five or six authors that I collect in depth. With the amount of time I spend searching for items on the internet I rarely find anything to add to my collection when visiting a physical bookstore. I love to look at books though, so I rarely pass a big bookstore by. McMurtry's Booked Up is legendary and I keep stopping by when I am in the area. But he and I aren't interested in the same things it appears.

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

Ok, I know King, Rice, and Barker are three of them. Who are the others?

If you rescue me

Peter Straub, Robert McCammon, Dan Simmons, Michael Crichton. I've got decent Koontz and Barker but not much recent stuff. A lot of Ray Garton too. And Rice as you mentioned.

Demon of the Prim skyofcrack is a jewel in the rough skyofcrack is a jewel in the rough skyofcrack is a jewel in the rough skyofcrack is a jewel in the rough skyofcrack's Avatar

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

I was at a bookstore today and saw a copy of Nightmares & Dreamscapes that was the size of the 1st HB but it was a PB. Is this anything special? I took a pic of the back with the ISBN # but I can't upload it right now. Is it a Book Club edition? It didn't state so on the CP.

Quote Originally Posted by skyofcrack View Post
    I was at a bookstore today and saw a copy of Nightmares & Dreamscapes that was the size of the 1st HB but it was a PB. Is this anything special? I took a pic of the back with the ISBN # but I can't upload it right now. Is it a Book Club edition? It didn't state so on the CP.
    Unless it was a proof (and surely you would have recognized it as such) then I can't think of anything special that it could be.

Oz the Gweat and Tewwible mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Default The Bachman Books 1996 hardcover

You guys seen this? What's this edition? Doesn't seem to be an official edition, does it?

http://www.overlookconnection.com/ca...er-p-6903.html

President-Matt Fisher Fan Club Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute

My Mood
    Asleep

Quote Originally Posted by pablo View Post
    You guys seen this? What's this edition? Doesn't seem to be an official edition, does it?

http://www.overlookconnection.com/ca...er-p-6903.html
    There is a discussion somewhere else in these threads. It was a paperback edition harbound for the library. It is a very cheap paperback edition hardbound for the library. I would say that I like the case and the binding but the book is cheaper than cheap. I cant speak for it being a collectable. even though i for one was very disappointed.

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

It's a nice looking rebound book, but still a rebound. To my thinking it looks nice for what it is, but seems way overpriced.

If you rescue me

Demon of the Prim skyofcrack is a jewel in the rough skyofcrack is a jewel in the rough skyofcrack is a jewel in the rough skyofcrack is a jewel in the rough skyofcrack's Avatar

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

That looks pointless to me.

Demon of the Prim AKC has much to be proud of AKC has much to be proud of AKC has much to be proud of AKC has much to be proud of AKC has much to be proud of AKC has much to be proud of AKC has much to be proud of AKC has much to be proud of AKC has much to be proud of AKC has much to be proud of AKC's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Just catching up on the threads!

From the exterior, it looks nice....

To Glen's point, buyer beware......cheap, cheap, cheap

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

It just seems strange that so many were done to me. I mean I would think there are very few people who are going to buy a rebound book...even if it's really well done.

If you rescue me

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

It's an oddity and of no real value...unless you like it and want one. At $150 a person would really want to have it to justify that price.

Servant of Gan Robert Fulman is a splendid one to behold Robert Fulman is a splendid one to behold Robert Fulman is a splendid one to behold Robert Fulman is a splendid one to behold Robert Fulman is a splendid one to behold Robert Fulman is a splendid one to behold Robert Fulman is a splendid one to behold

My Mood
    Happy
    Country
    Country Flag

It's a little strange that the book and slipcase don't match.

President-Matt Fisher Fan Club Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute

My Mood
    Asleep

Two Collecting Questions:

Curious and not complaining!! I love my new books.

I purchased a signed Stephen King book (from a member here) and the signature was not on the title page -- from a collecting stand point, i find it odd and wonder if that hurts or matters to other collectors. Your expert opinions please, I like my signatures on the title page. I also like when Stephen King scratches out his printed name and signs below.

His signature on the one book is on the blank page before the title page. ODD to me.

Second Question: Same book has faded, grayed or just turned color on the top of the book. Why does this happen? I have purchased other books that look like they came from smokers (this does not appear to be the case) do some books age differently than others? Does this make the book grading lower than F/F?

Thanks!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 208 of 567 FirstFirst ... 108 158 198 206 207 208 209 210 218 258 308 ... LastLast