Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 79 of 567 FirstFirst ... 29 69 77 78 79 80 81 89 129 179 ... LastLast
Results 1,951 to 1,975 of 14172

Thread: Stephen King Collecting Questions

Oz the Gweat and Tewwible mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

It's hardcover only for me. I'm a hardcover freak. No paperbacks!

Vagrant Dead frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by pablo View Post
    It's hardcover only for me. I'm a hardcover freak. No paperbacks!
    Same here.
    Before I became a SK-collector (ho-hum...) I did read Kings books in paperback form. Nothing wrong with this, obviously.
    But then, I saw my first King-hardcover, I was sold.....I mean, it was sold.
    I threw my paperbacks out -literally- and replaced them with the hardcover editions I had missed.

sk

Roont Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice's Avatar

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

I collect hardcovers and paperbacks...and then I rescue all those beat up homeless King books at the used bookstores. They need a loving home too.

Siep, you threw out King books?
    The Awesomest fled across the desert and The Awesomer followed.

If you rescue me
    I’ll be your friend forever

I wish that I could write fiction, but that seems almost an impossibility. -howard phillips lovecraft (1915)

Vagrant Dead frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Brice View Post
    Guilty as charged...

sk

I won't be banned now, will I??

Life is beautiful LadyHitchhiker has a spectacular aura about LadyHitchhiker has a spectacular aura about LadyHitchhiker's Avatar

My Mood
    Worried

Quote Originally Posted by Sam View Post
    Liz, take your books out of the tupperware and put them on a bookshelf. If moisture ever were to get in the tupperware, the books would be ruined.
    Well how else do I protect my hardcovers if I don't put them in some sort of protective device, to save them from my kittehs? I want both, my kitties and my hardcover copy of the stand. The only hc they have left alone - well it's only Mandarin to worry about devouring books since Majel leaves them alone - is the ultimate hitchhiker's guide to the galaxy because it has very thin pages, is my reasoning.

And I should check out the e-bay thing even though I don't have an account because I would much more love spending ten dollars as opposed to 35 ... well if I can... although the 35 dollars is still a much better deal than to keep buying paperbacks of the stand. That's the only book I've ever worn out (besides hitchhiker's series) and I've done it repeatedly (and more than hitchhiker's. It's my favorite story, I must think!

Citizen of Gilead pixiedark76 will become famous soon enough pixiedark76 will become famous soon enough pixiedark76's Avatar

My Mood
    Bored
    Country
    Country Flag

I collect hardcovers and paperbacks...and then I rescue all those beat up homeless King books at the used bookstores. They need a loving home too.

Seriously you threw out king books!

Citizen of Gilead pixiedark76 will become famous soon enough pixiedark76 will become famous soon enough pixiedark76's Avatar

My Mood
    Bored
    Country
    Country Flag

I keep hardbacks and paperbacks. I usually just "collect" my hardbacks and put them on a bookshelf. I use my paperbacks to read.
    I hate the fact that when a new Stephen King hardback book gets released, I have to open it and read it. I was so nervous and upset when Just After Sunset came out. (The new hardback books are first editions and I want to keep them in mint condition.) I wish there could be a paperback released at the same time as the hardback edition. I hear they do this in the UK.

My Mood
    Bored
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by LadyHitchhiker View Post
    Looking for a hard cover copy of the Stand. Are they pretty expensive and hard to find? The only one I saw, was the one that I MAY be able to get through my book store. It's $50 but I could get 30% off because I work there. Is that a good deal? And since it was published in 1990, does that mean it is the unabridged version or the abridged version?

I've just spent so much money buying paperback after paperback - I keep wearing them out - that I thought it would be a good investment to finally get the HC.
    You could get Brodart vinyl covers for your paperbacks. Check out Brodart's website. I have covers for all my paperbacks and they keep so nice and sturdy and they are easier to read. (Without the covers the books bend too much)

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

I've just spent so much money buying paperback after paperback - I keep wearing them out - that I thought it would be a good investment to finally get the HC.
    For reading purposes (which is what it is all about), the best physical version of The Stand to purchase would be one with a pleasurable font.
    Read it 10+ times. When too frayed, recycle.
    This is going to be merged into the Collectible Questions thread.

Other worlds Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Sam View Post
    Liz, take your books out of the tupperware and put them on a bookshelf. If moisture ever were to get in the tupperware, the books would be ruined.
    Well how else do I protect my hardcovers if I don't put them in some sort of protective device, to save them from my kittehs? I want both, my kitties and my hardcover copy of the stand. ...
    I would recommend checking out the Bookcases thread and finding yourself a nice bookcase with glass doors - and perhaps a lock. The cats can look, but can't touch.

Word Slinger Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent's Avatar

It's a question, but not my question -- the title of an Entertainment Weekly article.

How much would you pay for a first edition?

One time in college, while browsing in an old-timey bookstore in Evanston, Ill., I came upon a first edition of my favorite book, John Steinbeck’s East of Eden. I thought to myself, “Wow, it would be cool to own this!” Of course, that was before I flipped it over, discovered the $100-something price tag, and immediately thought, “Wow, it would be cool to have money!”

But compared to the price of a first edition of Stephen King’s 1975 book, Salem’s Lot, $100 is nothin’. Just how much is the asking price for a true first edition of King’s novel? According to AbeBooks.com, $90,055. That’s two years of Ivy League tuition, folks. Three brand-new cars. Ninety-thousand bags of M&Ms.

Now, there’s a reason the asking price is so high: Apparently, because of a last-minute price change by Doubleday, there are only four known copies of the book that features the original price stamp, which was $8.95. But it would sure make you feel like a sucker (no pun intended) to have that price tag looking you in the face when you’ve paid nearly $100,000 for the book, huh?

Tell me, Shelf Lifers, do you think this first edition will sell, especially when you consider the vampire craze that’s taking over our nation? Would it even be worth it? And how much would you pony up for a first edition of your favorite book?

Goldmember Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Bev Vincent View Post
    Tell me, Shelf Lifers, do you think this first edition will sell, especially when you consider the vampire craze that’s taking over our nation? Would it even be worth it? And how much would you pony up for a first edition of your favorite book?
    Catogorically No!

I can't think of any books I would pay six figures for. (not King anyway)

How much for this then?

Roont Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice's Avatar

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

I'd pay that without hesitation for THAT book. Anyone care to loan me the $90,047.33 that I'm short for it?

Siep, we wouldn't ban you for such a small thing. You have a little country. We can easily find you for correction...assimilation even.

If you rescue me

I wish that I could write fiction, but that seems almost an impossibility. -howard phillips lovecraft (1915)

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Rabbit Trick View Post

I can't think of any books I would pay six figures for. (not King anyway)

How much for this then?
    Not much, looks like a photocopy.

Gunslinger Apprentice SkippyD023 is on a distinguished road SkippyD023's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Can someone give me an estimate as to what a First Edition, Hodder & Stoughton copy of IT is worth, lets say in Very Good condition? Now what is that same book worth if there are two tears (each about 2 1/2" long) in the cover, where the front board meets the spine. The tears are not all the way thru the cover, just the cloth part of the cover, right at the seam. The boards and spine are still intact, just the cloth is ripped.

Roont jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic's Avatar

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

I paid less than $45 for my copy a couple years ago and it is in very good+ condition. Any tears in the cover will seriously affect the cost.

John

Country
    Country Flag

Siep, We can easily find you for correction...assimilation even.

sk

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

If you rescue me

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by SkippyD023 View Post
    Can someone give me an estimate as to what a First Edition, Hodder & Stoughton copy of IT is worth, lets say in Very Good condition? Now what is that same book worth if there are two tears (each about 2 1/2" long) in the cover, where the front board meets the spine. The tears are not all the way thru the cover, just the cloth part of the cover, right at the seam. The boards and spine are still intact, just the cloth is ripped.
    Quote Originally Posted by jhanic View Post
    I paid less than $45 for my copy a couple years ago and it is in very good+ condition. Any tears in the cover will seriously affect the cost.

John
    I'd say with damage as described, <$10.

AbbyNormal

I was wondering if anyone had any idea how much this might be worth. I found two of them a couple of years ago for $4 each and haven't been able to find out any information on them. Someone just pointed this thread out to me on a different forum, so I thought I'd ask. Any information would be appreciated. I'm not looking to sell them (one was already given to a friend as a gift), I'm just asking out of curiosity.

Maerlyn's Imp tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4's Avatar

My Mood
    Hot
    Country
    Country Flag

Too bad you are not looking to sell...because I am looking to buy.
    FOR SALE OR TRADE

Dark Tower 7 Artist Edition n/a
    The Waste Lands 1st Edition in Shrinkwrap $200
    1984 Grant Gift Edition of The Talisman $400
    Lisey's Story ARC $50

WANTED
    Signed 1st Edition of Storm of The Century (Paperback)

AbbyNormal

Do you have any idea how much it might go for? It's the only thing I have that's signed so it's a prized possession, and that's why I'm not looking to sell. Have you ever seen any others for sale anywhere? If so, do you remember how much it was?

Roont jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic's Avatar

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

I just bought a copy of the s/l Gunslinger tape in good condition for $100. The DT II s/l audio tape seems to be very scarce, even though the same quantity were produced. What shape are yours in?

I'm also interested in buying one.

John

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

I moved the last few posts here as the Collectibles Catalog isn't the best place for inquiries and/or sales.

AbbyNormal

Sorry, I didn't know.

Mine is in good condition and the one I gave away was in the same condition as well. When I bought them they were both shrinkwrapped, and I didnt find out they were signed until I opened them. I'm sure the place I bought them from didn't know either, otherwise they would have been more than $4.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 79 of 567 FirstFirst ... 29 69 77 78 79 80 81 89 129 179 ... LastLast