Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 77 of 567 FirstFirst ... 27 67 75 76 77 78 79 87 127 177 ... LastLast
Results 1,901 to 1,925 of 14173

Thread: Stephen King Collecting Questions

Vagrant Dead Nerak is a jewel in the rough Nerak is a jewel in the rough Nerak is a jewel in the rough Nerak is a jewel in the rough Nerak's Avatar

My Mood
    Lurking

Storage Direct parent company Platinum Storage
    Promise me you'll always remember: You're braver than you believe, stronger than you seem and smarter than you think.

Kate / Batwoman turtlex is on a distinguished road turtlex's Avatar

My Mood
    Gay

I'm keeping my fingers crossed for you Karen!
    The Man In Black Fled Across The Desert...

...And The Gunslinger Followed.

“I’m always on the Batman rule, sir.” - Kate Kane / Detective Comics 857

"It is the story, not he who tells it." Except to us collectors who have to put limits somewhere. - jhanic

Remember, Remember, The Fifth of November, The Gunpowder, Treason, and Plot.

Gunslinger herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by frik View Post
    The Dark Tower - The Dark Tower - H&S - UK:

I dont remember seeing a copy with rainbow colors in the title... ???
    could it be a variant printing?
    ------------------------------------------------
    CLUB STEPHEN KING (french website about STEPHEN KING, since 1992) : on : Facebook | Twitter | Instagram
    ------------------------------------------------

Big Coffin Hunter Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

No, it's the light effect.

It's silver.
    Wanted list:
    Ubris

S P I R A L Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

That cover is amazing.
    A NEW GAME BEGINS

Roont jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic's Avatar

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

One of the reasons I like the covers of the Hodder & Stoughton Dark Tower series (ignoring their first four initial issues) is that the Tower gets progressively larger as the books progress. In their re-issue of DTI, the Tower is fairly small. Above is, of course, DTVII.

John

Gunslinger Apprentice SkippyD023 is on a distinguished road SkippyD023's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I think this is the right place to ask this question...

Seeing the Dark Tower cover from H&S and many of their other SK covers I would really like to try and start adding some of the H&S books to my collection. Now the question - Where is the best/cheapest place to pick up some of these books? Besides checking e-bay all the time are there other websites here (U.S.) that sell the books, to save on shipping? To get the new books (Under The Dome, Just After Sunset, etc..) is Amazon.UK the best place to buy them from when they first come out? My guess is that shipping overseas is a big cost in picking up these books. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Vagrant Dead Nerak is a jewel in the rough Nerak is a jewel in the rough Nerak is a jewel in the rough Nerak is a jewel in the rough Nerak's Avatar

My Mood
    Lurking

Ok, met her at 12:30 in Target parking lot.

Got back, what looks to be, my entire King collection; my Joe Hill Chaps; the christening gown, glasses from my proms; the bottom part of the bunk bed, my papers out of the filing cabinet, a bear that I wanted back..and some other stuff.

Still missing: my kids memory boxes and books, my daughter's porcelain dolls, at least one photo album, family history books and a few other things.

I'd like to see te insurance company put a price on that stuff!!!
    Promise me you'll always remember: You're braver than you believe, stronger than you seem and smarter than you think.

Other worlds Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Glad to hear about what was returned. Sorry to hear about what appears to be lost.

You're still in my pocket.

Roont jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic's Avatar

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

I get all my new UK King hardcovers from Amazon.co.uk. As far as the others, if you're interested in first editions, eBay is probably your best choice. You should know, however, the ways of identifying first editions, which is not easy. I don't know of a source that provides this information. One help, though, is:

http://www.redeem.freeserve.co.uk/Kingbookpages/

John

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

Karen, I'm glad you got back a lot of stuff that you treasure. That means a lot, I know!

John

Wizard of End-World wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow's Avatar

My Mood
    Busy
    Country
    Country Flag

Well, you were sure ALL was lost, now some treasures have been returned. Count your blessings and I hope you get more.

Dragline : Nothin'. A handful of nothin'. You stupid mullet head. He beat you with nothin'. Just like today when he kept comin' back at me - with nothin'.
    Luke : Yeah, well, sometimes nothin' can be a real cool hand

Goldmember Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

Insurance companies don't pay out for sentimental value.

If photo albums were destroyed in a fire, they would only pay for the replacement of the albums. i.e a few bucks.

Stinks, but not much can be done.

My Mood
    Lurking

Yeah, well, I am fighting! LOL

I just realized that my signed Harry Potter wasn't in the boxes That was a $600 book on ebay Now I am sad all over again!

We shall see what happens. No word from the insurance company yet.

Thanks peeps for the thoughts and pockets!

I will be cataloging and taking pics of the collection this weekend, so y'all will be able to see what I actually own, for once! LOL

Goldmember Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Nerak View Post
    I will be cataloging and taking pics of the collection this weekend, so y'all will be able to see what I actually own, for once! LOL
    Looking forward to that.

My Mood
    Lurking

LOL!! I am not! There's a lot of stuff, well, A lot of stuff for me anyway. And not a lot of room to do it in, but I want to try to pack it back into as few boxes as possible, so I think that will mean emptying all of them, sorting and then pics and repacking!

Good long weekend project! LOL

Vagrant Dead frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by SkippyD023 View Post
    To get the new books (Under The Dome, Just After Sunset, etc..) is Amazon.UK the best place to buy them from when they first come out? My guess is that shipping overseas is a big cost in picking up these books. Any suggestions would be appreciated.
    I would think so.
    I regularly get my new US editions from Amazon.com (as I live in Europe) and the cost for shipping/handling is quite reasonable. Usually less than books I obtain through eBay.

I also order from Amazon.co.uk, and obviously their cost is even less.
    I'd say, go for it!

sk

Citizen of Gilead pixiedark76 will become famous soon enough pixiedark76 will become famous soon enough pixiedark76's Avatar

My Mood
    Bored
    Country
    Country Flag

Default Stephen King And Peter Straub signautes

I got this book in a used book store. It is The Talisman and it is signed by Stephen King and Peter Straub.

It is a paperback copy. I am wondering how much this would be worth?

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

pixie, as this is a question, I merged it into the Collecting Questions thread.

Goldmember carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by pixiedark76 View Post
    I got this book in a used book store. It is The Talisman and it is signed by Stephen King and Peter Straub.

It is a paperback copy. I am wondering how much this would be worth?
    Not so much. Those signatures are printed along with the picture. They are not actually signed by the authors. It is a fairly common mistake that sellers make with that particular edition.

Gunslinger Apprentice Rusher is on a distinguished road

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by SkippyD023 View Post
    I think this is the right place to ask this question...

Seeing the Dark Tower cover from H&S and many of their other SK covers I would really like to try and start adding some of the H&S books to my collection. Now the question - Where is the best/cheapest place to pick up some of these books? Besides checking e-bay all the time are there other websites here (U.S.) that sell the books, to save on shipping? To get the new books (Under The Dome, Just After Sunset, etc..) is Amazon.UK the best place to buy them from when they first come out? My guess is that shipping overseas is a big cost in picking up these books. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Hi...Just thought I would throw my two cents in. If you go to the regular US Amazon site they usually have around 5 or 6 pages of UK books. If you are searching "books" you just click on "advanced search" and then put Stephen Kings name in the author field then skip down to the publisher field and put Hodder Stoughton ( I usually leave the "&" mark out ) and then go over to the binding drop down menu and click on Hardcover. It will bring up all the SK hardcover books published by H&S. I have literally ordered dozens of UK first editions from that site and only got the wrong book once....lol

Alot of times the descriptions aren't clear, but its easy to ask questions of the sellers there as well and you can also request pictures. I just always check there first when looking for something because the shipping is usually just the 3.99. Hope that helps !!

Oz the Gweat and Tewwible mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Or just search Amazon.com using the ISBN for the UK book, or go straight to Amazon.co.uk. I've bought many things from various international Amazons and the shipping is not that exorbitant.

Hankerin' for poundcake gsvec has a spectacular aura about gsvec has a spectacular aura about gsvec's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

So happy to hear you got a good chunk of it back, Karen. Sending goodmind for the rest!

This collecting stuff is a sickness! ~Patrick

My Mood
    Lurking

Thanks G!

Kate / Batwoman turtlex is on a distinguished road turtlex's Avatar

My Mood
    Gay

Karen - gosh, this whole episode is so difficult, I know. Given that you thought everything was lost, you should take a few minutes to absorb the fact that you got some very personal and valuable items back. Way more than you'd thought possible when this whole thing started.

I'm truly sorry about all your lost items, but I'm thrilled about you getting some of your things back!
    The Man In Black Fled Across The Desert...

...And The Gunslinger Followed.

“I’m always on the Batman rule, sir.” - Kate Kane / Detective Comics 857

"It is the story, not he who tells it." Except to us collectors who have to put limits somewhere. - jhanic

Remember, Remember, The Fifth of November, The Gunpowder, Treason, and Plot.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 77 of 567 FirstFirst ... 27 67 75 76 77 78 79 87 127 177 ... LastLast