Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 197 of 567 FirstFirst ... 97 147 187 195 196 197 198 199 207 247 297 ... LastLast
Results 4,901 to 4,925 of 14174

Thread: Stephen King Collecting Questions

Can Toi Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck's Avatar

New Zealand (pronounced Noo Zeeland if you want to get the accent right...)
    My Mood
    Angelic
    Country
    Country Flag

Not sure if this is the place to post, but did anyone else notice the error in last weeks article in the 2012 Stephen King Desk Calendar???

Gunslinger Apprentice you ever seen a ghost? is on a distinguished road

the baseball "Foreword" is new. i don't have a proper scan yet.

jimmick, it wasn't my article was it? LOL.

does anyone have the 2012 Barnes & Noble edition of Three Novels: Carrie/’Salem’s Lot/The Shining? If so, I have a couple questions!

-justin

Gunslinger Apprentice RIC #520 will become famous soon enough RIC #520 will become famous soon enough

Justin..
    Do you consider the UK S/L 1/700 and the UK S/L 1/700 with the PS Publishing cover two variants?

Demon of the Prim skyofcrack is a jewel in the rough skyofcrack is a jewel in the rough skyofcrack is a jewel in the rough skyofcrack is a jewel in the rough skyofcrack's Avatar

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by you ever seen a ghost? View Post
    does anyone have the 2012 Barnes & Noble edition of Three Novels: Carrie/’Salem’s Lot/The Shining? If so, I have a couple questions!

-justin
    This excellent video should help you out.

video doesn't help because i can't read the copyright page. is that you in the video? if so, i still have some questions!

no, i do not consider an aftermarket dustjacket not from the original publisher to be a different state. they are both part of the same 700 numbered copies. i won't be listing it in the new edition.

-justin

Demon of the Prim skyofcrack is a jewel in the rough skyofcrack is a jewel in the rough skyofcrack is a jewel in the rough skyofcrack is a jewel in the rough skyofcrack's Avatar

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

video doesn't help because i can't read the copyright page. is that you in the video? if so, i still have some questions!

-justin
    Sorry Justin. That's not my video.

Terry

Can Toi Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck's Avatar

New Zealand (pronounced Noo Zeeland if you want to get the accent right...)
    My Mood
    Angelic
    Country
    Country Flag

Not sure if this is the place to post, but did anyone else notice the error in last weeks article in the 2012 Stephen King Desk Calendar???
    jimmick, it wasn't my article was it? LOL.
    I haven't got it with me just now so not sure who wrote it, but it was about Misery and it said that 2012 will be its 35th Anniversary. Correct me if I'm wrong but didn't it come out in '85, making it the 25th anniversary this year?

Guardian of the Beam ELazansky is just really nice ELazansky is just really nice ELazansky is just really nice ELazansky is just really nice ELazansky is just really nice ELazansky's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

no, i do not consider an aftermarket dustjacket not from the original publisher to be a different state. they are both part of the same 700 numbered copies. i won't be listing it in the new edition.

-justin
    Justin,

I have this edition. What questions do you have?

I just need:

All of the publication information: name and location of publisher, if it says "a division of...", etc. and any dates (month and/or year) listed from the copyright page. Also, the ISBN exactly as listed and the number of the last numbered page.

I really appreciate it!

Best,

-Justin

Guardian of the Beam ELazansky is just really nice ELazansky is just really nice ELazansky is just really nice ELazansky is just really nice ELazansky is just really nice ELazansky's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

How's this? Last numbered page is 1096

Eric, thanks! Can you tell me what the last numbered page of the entire book is?

-justin

Country
    Country Flag

Citizen of Gilead jon10g is just really nice jon10g is just really nice jon10g is just really nice jon10g is just really nice jon10g's Avatar

Justin
    Are you talking about King's new intro for Fenway Park:100 years?
    Do you have a scan of it? Would you share it?
    The book is pretty expensive and postage to UK is more than the value of the book!
    I would really like to read the intro though.
    Jon

that's what i'm talking about. unfortunately, i do not have a scan of it at this time.

-justin

Demon of the Prim stkmw02 is a splendid one to behold stkmw02 is a splendid one to behold stkmw02 is a splendid one to behold stkmw02 is a splendid one to behold stkmw02 is a splendid one to behold stkmw02 is a splendid one to behold stkmw02 is a splendid one to behold

My Mood
    Inspired

Would a copy of Different Seasons with no price on the dust jacket still be a first edition first printing, or does the missing price indicate it is a later run?

Also, the hardcover graphic novel version of The Talisman... does the full number line start with 10 or 9? (I know it usually starts with 10, but I also know that in some cases the first printing is for some reason started at 9)

no price usually indicates it is a book club edition and therefore worthless. well, not completely worthless. i don't really collect any longer, but book club editions can be nice in terms of having a cheap hardcover of a book that is no longer in print or expensive in hardcover.

-justin

Demon of the Prim Dan is a name known to all Dan is a name known to all Dan is a name known to all Dan is a name known to all Dan is a name known to all Dan is a name known to all Dan's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by stkmw02 View Post
    Would a copy of Different Seasons with no price on the dust jacket still be a first edition first printing, or does the missing price indicate it is a later run?
    No price means Book Club Edition. They can look identical, but are essentially a reading copy with no collecting value.

Don't. Get. Married. Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon's Avatar

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

Most of the time, no price on the dustjacket means it is a book club edition. There are exceptions, of course, but not in regards to Different Seasons.

EDIT: Damn, third! lol

Demon of the Prim stkmw02 is a splendid one to behold stkmw02 is a splendid one to behold stkmw02 is a splendid one to behold stkmw02 is a splendid one to behold stkmw02 is a splendid one to behold stkmw02 is a splendid one to behold stkmw02 is a splendid one to behold

My Mood
    Inspired

Wow, even if it says it is Viking Press? I didn't realize Book Club editions didn't always say Book Club. Good to know!
    (Also, I edited my post to add this question, but you must have replied while I was editing!
    The hardcover graphic novel version of The Talisman... does the full number line start with 10 or 9? (I know it usually starts with 10, but I also know that in some cases the first printing is for some reason started at 9)

The book club editions almost always have the original publisher's information on them. i'm sure there are a few exceptions, but not many.

-justin

Servant of Gan Robert Fulman is a splendid one to behold Robert Fulman is a splendid one to behold Robert Fulman is a splendid one to behold Robert Fulman is a splendid one to behold Robert Fulman is a splendid one to behold Robert Fulman is a splendid one to behold Robert Fulman is a splendid one to behold

My Mood
    Happy
    Country
    Country Flag

By the way, I disagree about BCEs being worthless. Some BCEs are printed on cheap paper and are noticeably inferior to the trade editions. Many King BCEs are essentially identical to the trade edition. I have the Viking DT I - IV BCEs on my bookshelf; although none have prices on the dust jackets, two of them actually have the full info on the copyright page, including full numberline. They are of identical quality to the versions that people overpay for on eBay. Additionally, some BCEs are made similarly but are different from the trade version, such as the Plume trade paperbacks of The Waste Lands (different images on the cover). Finally, there is the signed/limited Book Club edition of Full Dark, No Stars, which some dismiss as not being a "real" S/L.

My Mood
    Inspired

This is definitely interesting to me, because I'm not sure I've ever paid much attention to the dust jackets on my books... and if that is the only way to distinguish between a true first and a BCE, I'll need to review my collection more closely.

Now would be a good time to do so, since I'm adding a bunch of new items to my collection. Where can I find more info on the graphic novel versions of the Dark Tower, The Stand, and The Talisman?

Honky Mahfah biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

Re: the number lines, it's important that the '1' is included - that's what typically indicates a 1st printing (for King's books, the only exception is Black House, where the lowest number in the number line of a 1st printing is a '2'). Other than that, it doesn't matter if the line is '1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9' or '9 8 7 6 5 4 3 2 1' or '1 3 5 7 9 8 6 4 2' or another permutation.

More information on the comics can be found here: http://www.thedarktower.org/palaver/...he-Comic-Tower and here: http://www.thedarktower.org/palaver/...Comics-Catalog (I don't collect them so I have no idea if these forums contain the information you're looking for).

Book Club Editions aren't the only editions that are easily mistaken for 'true 1sts'. I'm not sure about the US but the UK has export editions that are virtually similar to the trade editions, but they don't have a DJ price either (at least the older ones like Cujo, I don't know about the newer ones).

Demon of the Prim Dan is a name known to all Dan is a name known to all Dan is a name known to all Dan is a name known to all Dan is a name known to all Dan is a name known to all Dan's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

The no price on dust jacket was very irritating to me also when I first started collected. I probably had purchased at least 10 of these books thinking I had true 1st editions. I have since swapped them all out for the true 1st.

My Mood
    Inspired

Thanks a bunch for all the quick replies! It certainly makes me feel productive on my lunch break.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 197 of 567 FirstFirst ... 97 147 187 195 196 197 198 199 207 247 297 ... LastLast