Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 420 of 567 FirstFirst ... 320 370 410 418 419 420 421 422 430 470 520 ... LastLast
Results 10,476 to 10,500 of 14171

Thread: Stephen King Collecting Questions

Si em, tow en can de lach jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92's Avatar

My Mood
    Busy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by richardsrarebooks View Post
    I just purchased 150 10" sized for $100.00 with free priority shipping on ebay.
    Quote Originally Posted by Johnny Alien View Post
    I usually use ebay as well. Even when Brodart has sales their shipping is high and it works out to much more than I can get them elsewhere.
    Not sure where you are shipping to but the ones I get are the advantage II. I buy them by the hundred direct from Brodart:
    10 414 002Height: 10 InDepth: 21 InWeight: 4.67 LbLength: 21''Height: 10" HPK type: SheetsQty/Pk: 100Price: $31.50

I can then add two packs of 25 for $8.75 each. All in all out the door it is $62.72 with shipping. Sounds like a deal compared to $100.

Gunslinger Apprentice jsweet has a spectacular aura about jsweet has a spectacular aura about jsweet has a spectacular aura about

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by TCCBodhi View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Fsmdr View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by TCCBodhi View Post
    I think most of us buy them online directly from Brodart. They have regular sales. Not sure they're something that would be regularly stocked in brick and mortar stores, but perhaps I'm wrong.

EDIT: Most of the detailed info is in this thread: http://www.thedarktower.org/palaver/...For-Your-Books
    They do have a 15% off currently. Coupon code : DOHIOS
    That is intended for Ohio teachers I believe, so they may not accepted. I know that I had difficulty when I used that code before. FWIW.
    Just got an email from them with a 20 percent off discount code: WEB20. Good through 12/20.

Servant of Gan Fsmdr is just really nice Fsmdr is just really nice Fsmdr is just really nice Fsmdr is just really nice Fsmdr's Avatar

My Mood
    Stressed

Quote Originally Posted by richardsrarebooks View Post
    I just purchased 150 10" sized for $100.00 with free priority shipping on ebay.
    My purchase from Brodart last week for 200 of that size came out to $79 including shipping. I had a 15% coupon.

Also can check out Demco.com. They sell Gaylord jackets. A little better quality I feel than Gaylord, also just slightly more expensive.
    WANTED:

Lettered Danse Macabre
    Marshroots
    Lettered Eyes Of The Dragon
    Lettered The Stand
    BOMC signed Full Dark No Stars
    MM AGOT #249
    Lettered Frankenstein

Gunslinger Apprentice Johnny Alien is just really nice Johnny Alien is just really nice Johnny Alien is just really nice Johnny Alien is just really nice Johnny Alien's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by jsmcmullen92 View Post
    Not sure where you are shipping to but the ones I get are the advantage II. I buy them by the hundred direct from Brodart:
    10 414 002Height: 10 InDepth: 21 InWeight: 4.67 LbLength: 21''Height: 10" HPK type: SheetsQty/Pk: 100Price: $31.50

I can then add two packs of 25 for $8.75 each. All in all out the door it is $62.72 with shipping. Sounds like a deal compared to $100.
    It's been awhile since I ordered any. I usually buy in smaller quantities than 100 and the shipping is usually around $10 and I can get it for the same price but with free shipping from ebay. That said when I looked at the stock I currently have now it clearly came from Brodart direct so it must work out cheaper with coupons and such to get it direct. I think the ebay route is cheaper at the regular price. Just because there are good deals on ebay doesnt mean that every seller is offering it at a good price. I see lots of overpriced Brodart covers on ebay.

Citizen of Gilead bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19's Avatar

My Mood
    Amused
    Country
    Country Flag

Does anyone have the dimensions of the Joyland 1st ed. paperback handy?

Demon of the Prim wolfehr is just really nice wolfehr is just really nice wolfehr is just really nice wolfehr is just really nice wolfehr's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by bdwyer19 View Post
    Does anyone have the dimensions of the Joyland 1st ed. paperback handy?
    Amazon lists the dimensions of the paperback as 5 x 0.7 x 8 inches . I assume later printings are the same size, but can't confirm.
    Wanted:
    Michael Whelan & DT Original Art

"I'm working on my sense of humor" Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an's Avatar

“No matter how cynical you get, it is impossible to keep up” -Lily Tomlin
    Country
    Country Flag

Those are good numbers. I have 5 x 8 x .75
    "One day you're going to figure out that everything they taught you was a lie."

Gunslinger Apprentice Bunyip will become famous soon enough Bunyip will become famous soon enough Bunyip's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Gday guys,
    I have a rookie question. What's the difference between the AE and first trade in Dark Tower series? At one stage I had two AE, I " lost" in a house move( with all my 1st editions and a few signed ltd). I'm looking to rebuild, and I'm confused at what is a true first ed. I see some advertised as illustrated, some as AE, some as "true" first/first. Is it worth grabbing the
    AE instead of the trade firsts, or is the difference negligible? Thanks for any clarification, it's been confusing on EBay for all 1sts as the prices fluctuate so wildly that its quite confusing.

Citizen of Gilead bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19's Avatar

My Mood
    Amused
    Country
    Country Flag

Thanks guys. I need to get measurements to Jeff for a few more slipcases, and was missing them for that book.

"I'm working on my sense of humor" Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I'd probably go with the slightly larger (my) measurement.

The .70 might be technically correct but once it's signed by King then the dimension of the book is slightly larger.

The CD case interior dimensions are 8 1/16" tall and 23/32" wide.

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Bunyip View Post
    Gday guys,
    I have a rookie question. What's the difference between the AE and first trade in Dark Tower series? At one stage I had two AE, I " lost" in a house move( with all my 1st editions and a few signed ltd). I'm looking to rebuild, and I'm confused at what is a true first ed. I see some advertised as illustrated, some as AE, some as "true" first/first. Is it worth grabbing the
    AE instead of the trade firsts, or is the difference negligible? Thanks for any clarification, it's been confusing on EBay for all 1sts as the prices fluctuate so wildly that its quite confusing.

It's probably easiest if you look at our Catalog. Each book is described. Keep in mind that the AE books didn't start until DTV (Wolves of the Calla).

Here is the alphabetical list for King limited editions:
    http://www.thedarktower.org/palaver/...le=Test+Thread

Here is the list for King Trade editions:
    http://www.thedarktower.org/?page=imagelimit2

Demon of the Prim TCCBodhi is a splendid one to behold TCCBodhi is a splendid one to behold TCCBodhi is a splendid one to behold TCCBodhi is a splendid one to behold TCCBodhi is a splendid one to behold TCCBodhi is a splendid one to behold TCCBodhi is a splendid one to behold TCCBodhi's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Gday guys,
    For the first 4 books GENERALLY, you just had the S/L's and the Trade Editions. Artist Editions(AE) started being offered on Wolves Of The Calla, which are not as rare as the S/L editions, but at least somewhat more collectible than the Trade Editions since they are signed by the artists, could conceivably have a Michael Whelan doodle(depending on the book), and number not more than 5000. All Grant versions of the books are illustrated, so in terms of collecting at least the main body of the DT books, you should be able to ignore that word. Don't forget the Catalog: For Collectible Editions & For First Editions.

There are more intricacies than this, but this is the main gist of it. I hope this helps.
    WANTED
    US 1st Printings. I have THESE
    #92 IT Portfolio (or the #95 IT to swap for the #92 that I have)
    Any #95 SK-related Cemetery Dance Edition
    Any #7 PS Publishing Edition
    Sleeping Beauties: Signed Tour version.

Country
    Country Flag

Hey Ben, looking in the catalog is definitely the best idea.

The features of the Artist editions vary. They are worth collecting though.

There are also some "signed by artist" first editions available.

Grant is still selling some of these so you should check them out first. The site is a bit wonky but if you pay attention there are still quite a few Dark Tower items for sale. https://secure.grantbooks.com/

My Mood
    Amused
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Br!an View Post
    I'd probably go with the slightly larger (my) measurement.

The .70 might be technically correct but once it's signed by King then the dimension of the book is slightly larger.

The CD case interior dimensions are 8 1/16" tall and 23/32" wide.
    Perfect! Thanks!

Gunslinger Apprentice Bunyip will become famous soon enough Bunyip will become famous soon enough Bunyip's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Thanks guys! I had looked at Grants website a while back and was surprised 2 of the AE editions are still available. I think reading "first trade, illustrated" had confused me a bit. I made lots of errors early in this gig, trying to make better decisions!
    I still get stressed when I see a first first on eBay for 3 times more than the next listing when it appears to be the same book. I guess some folks go bonkers with their prices while others just want to move the book. Thanks again.

Bastard Son of Cort stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Thanks guys! I had looked at Grants website a while back and was surprised 2 of the AE editions are still available. I think reading "first trade, illustrated" had confused me a bit. I made lots of errors early in this gig, trying to make better decisions!
    I still get stressed when I see a first first on eBay for 3 times more than the next listing when it appears to be the same book. I guess some folks go bonkers with their prices while others just want to move the book. Thanks again.
    So many reasons for price differential...

1. Sellers dont know what they have and do little homework so price is cheap and a bargain can be had
    2. Sellers THINK they have a first and price it at the highest point a previous real 1st has sold for
    3. Sellers know what they have and are looking to get top dollar
    4. Seller is a real collector, knows what they have and recognises flaws, etc - Price is a realistic representation of the book.

Note this last one is rarely found on eBay and usually only found here on the classifieds thread.
    "A real limited edition, far from being an expensive autograph stapled to a novel, is a treasure. And like all treasures do, it transforms the responsible owner into a caretaker, and being a caretaker of something as fragile and easily destroyed as ideas and images is not a bad thing but a good one...and so is the re-evaluation of what books are and what they do that necessarily follows." - Stephen King

Country
    Country Flag

Cheers for the help guys. Does anyone know how many editions of the Viking Dark Tower series were printed? Trying to get number lines from a few eBay and Amazon dealers.

Weedeater jonp is a splendid one to behold jonp is a splendid one to behold jonp is a splendid one to behold jonp is a splendid one to behold jonp is a splendid one to behold jonp is a splendid one to behold jonp is a splendid one to behold jonp's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Cheers for the help guys. Does anyone know how many editions of the Viking Dark Tower series were printed? Trying to get number lines from a few eBay and Amazon dealers.
    I have seen some number lines starting at 4 and 5. I can't remember which title though.

Gunslinger Apprentice Drake69 will become famous soon enough Drake69's Avatar

My Mood
    Busy
    Country
    Country Flag

Can anyone help me with this? I came across this version of the graphic novel for The Fall of Gilead and have yet to find any more of them. I ran across it at Barnes and Noble when I was picking up several of the Gunslinger Born hardbacks. I just KNOW there's got to be at least one for each of the original GNs out there in this series.

Demon of the Prim Dan is a name known to all Dan is a name known to all Dan is a name known to all Dan is a name known to all Dan is a name known to all Dan is a name known to all Dan's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

What is the question? It looks like the hard cover graphic novel minus the dust jacket. Each arc has a hard cover version.

Gunslinger Apprentice Drake69 will become famous soon enough Drake69's Avatar

My Mood
    Busy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Dan View Post
    What is the question? It looks like the hard cover graphic novel minus the dust jacket. Each arc has a hard cover version.
    Wow. I never removed the covers off of the other books, and thought this was some "special edition".

Now I feel like an idiot.

Demon of the Prim Dan is a name known to all Dan is a name known to all Dan is a name known to all Dan is a name known to all Dan is a name known to all Dan is a name known to all Dan's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Drake69 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan View Post
    Wow. I never removed the covers off of the other books, and thought this was some "special edition".

Now I feel like an idiot.
    No reason to feel like an idiot. Believe me, I've made my fair share of mistakes collecting books. At the very least it's a good reading copy.

Citizen of Gilead Cwalker is a splendid one to behold Cwalker is a splendid one to behold Cwalker is a splendid one to behold Cwalker is a splendid one to behold Cwalker is a splendid one to behold Cwalker is a splendid one to behold Cwalker is a splendid one to behold Cwalker is a splendid one to behold Cwalker's Avatar

just realized i hadn't asked a silly question in at least a week, so here we go!

Is this what is known as a broadside? I found it on a shops top shelf and thought it was cool enough to pick up...

Thanks!
    "Thanks, but no, it isn't a cowboy hat. It's a fedora. And yes, Indianna Jones is still socially relevant."

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Yes it is a broadside. Quite a big deal when released as stores only received a few and part of the agreement was that the stores only sell them in person. No advance orders, no online sales, etc.

Great Old One zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig's Avatar

My Mood
    Inspired
    Country
    Country Flag

Yes, that's the broadside they did for FK. Nice find!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 420 of 567 FirstFirst ... 320 370 410 418 419 420 421 422 430 470 520 ... LastLast