Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 116 of 567 FirstFirst ... 16 66 106 114 115 116 117 118 126 166 216 ... LastLast
Results 2,876 to 2,900 of 14175

Thread: Stephen King Collecting Questions

Honky Mahfah biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

Hello all, I have a question about the trade HC edition of ROSE MADDER. I bought my copy a couple of years ago, back when I didn't really know about 1st editions and how to identify them.

I only noticed today that my copy doesn't have a DJ price. Also, the pastedowns are white instead of burnt orange. So my guess is this is a Book Club Edition. But I always thought that BCEs don't have number lines on the copyright page and that they don't have an ISBN on the DJ, either (my book has both).

Any ideas?

Goldmember carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by Stockerlone View Post
    .....In 1986 a small German press published King's novel It as a limited edition of 250 numbered copies; it was printed in German and titled ES. King, however, had never licensed the limited edition rights to the book—therefore, ES is a bootleg edition. It's unfortunate because the limited is a beautiful production and it was the true first edition of the book. Even though King's representatives immediately tried to quash the publication, some copies leaked out. It's a difficult book to find, and it sells for over $700. The same German press also issued an unauthorized limited of King's novella, The Mist, which originally appeared in the anthology Dark Forces. U.S. Customs officials seized these books, but again, a few made their way into the hands of collectors. This book sells for well over $1,000. King has made his displeasure known regarding collectors and dealers who buy and sell these two editions through a number of sharply worded letters published in specialty publications. .......

Always this funny ´bootleg´ story.

German ´main King´ publisher Heyne salaried at this time, again Mr Körber as translator for IT, MIST, TeotD... and they also authorized him, to produce for his own small press company Edition Phantasia limited editions from this 4 books. Then ES, NEBEL, Augen des Drachen where produced, and then Mr King find out that this German Limited ES was the world first IT book, he was not glad, and he unacknowledged the licence contract between Heyne and Edition Phantasia. Then the reset - book destruction starts...
    The "bootleg" story is funny, I agree. I always have this picture in my head of government style "G-men" showing up at some loading dock with axes to destroy the shipment of bootleg books prohibition style.

Great Old One ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by biomieg View Post
    Hello all, I have a question about the trade HC edition of ROSE MADDER. I bought my copy a couple of years ago, back when I didn't really know about 1st editions and how to identify them.

I only noticed today that my copy doesn't have a DJ price. Also, the pastedowns are white instead of burnt orange. So my guess is this is a Book Club Edition. But I always thought that BCEs don't have number lines on the copyright page and that they don't have an ISBN on the DJ, either (my book has both).

Any ideas?
    That is definitely the BOOK CLUB edition. I know because I bought it FROM the Book Club. Around that time, or earlier, the Book Clubs started using the same sheets as the publishers, changing a few things, such as the dust jackets and the pricing on them. I suppose it was just cheaper and easier to do that.
    I'm sure if there is intelligent life somewhere out there in the universe, they are wise enough to stay away from us.

And the people bowed and prayed, to the cell phone god they made...

Honky Mahfah biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

Okay, thanks a lot. I suppose I'll have to start looking for a 1st edition then (someday). It's not too high on my priority list. My STAND (UNCUT) is also a BCE, my CUJO is a 3d printing, and I have some UK trades that turned out to be export copies. But they all look good on the shelves and none of them will be hard to replace.

Gunslinger herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

The following was written by the british politician, right? Not THE Stephen King

"Let’s face it ... Kennedy’s reputation sank like a stone at Chappaquiddick"
    http://www.examiner.ie/opinion/colum...ick-99931.html
    ------------------------------------------------
    CLUB STEPHEN KING (french website about STEPHEN KING, since 1992) : on : Facebook | Twitter | Instagram

Roont jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic's Avatar

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

Given (our) King's political leanings, I doubt very much he was the author.

John

Wizard of End-World wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow's Avatar

My Mood
    Busy
    Country
    Country Flag

Question-

A customer asked me how many faux red leather editions have been published. He has been offered 36 titles for $300 which I thought was fair, but he asked how many have actually been issued.

Anyone know for sure?

Thanks

Dragline : Nothin'. A handful of nothin'. You stupid mullet head. He beat you with nothin'. Just like today when he kept comin' back at me - with nothin'.
    Luke : Yeah, well, sometimes nothin' can be a real cool hand

Goldmember Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker's Avatar

My Mood
    Amused
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by wizardsrainbow View Post
    Question-

A customer asked me how many faux red leather editions have been published. He has been offered 36 titles for $300 which I thought was fair, but he asked how many have actually been issued.

Anyone know for sure?

Thanks

36 if you only count The Stand once but both editions are part of the collection.

I have the list somewhere.

Ralph Mulleins
    Cumberland VA
    I'm the caretaker of Room 217..............I've always been the caretaker of Room 217

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

What was the issue price for the SKCollectors traycase for The Stand?

Servant of Gan e_taylor will become famous soon enough e_taylor's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Randall Flagg View Post
    What was the issue price for the SKCollectors traycase for The Stand?
    I think $50.

Servant of Gan e_taylor will become famous soon enough e_taylor's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by wizardsrainbow View Post
    Question-

Anyone know for sure?

Thanks
    There is a thread a started a few years ago buried somewhere in the abyss of Calvin's Corner with them all listed and I believe Ralph is right in saying 37.

Prices are all over the place, but $300 for a complete set (with some of the rarer titles) seems like a good price to me!

Wizard of End-World wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow's Avatar

My Mood
    Busy
    Country
    Country Flag

Thank you guys!

Dragline : Nothin'. A handful of nothin'. You stupid mullet head. He beat you with nothin'. Just like today when he kept comin' back at me - with nothin'.
    Luke : Yeah, well, sometimes nothin' can be a real cool hand

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

What would be a 'fair' price to sell a set of the Hearts in Atlantis dog tags to a fellow board member?

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

What would be a 'fair' price to sell a set of the Hearts in Atlantis dog tags to a fellow board member?
    Bump.
    It would be great to get a couple of opinions.

Big Coffin Hunter Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

I don't know.

20 bucks? I saw them go from 3 dls to 40...
    Wanted list:
    Ubris

Can Toi WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

This looks 99% legit to me but I wanted to run it by experts on here.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...=STRK:MEWAX:IT

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

I think it's valid. The typical cramped style he now signs.

Roont jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic's Avatar

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

I'd say it's legitimate. It's not a bad price, either.

John

Number42 Dolan has much to be proud of Dolan has much to be proud of Dolan has much to be proud of Dolan has much to be proud of Dolan has much to be proud of Dolan has much to be proud of Dolan has much to be proud of Dolan has much to be proud of Dolan has much to be proud of Dolan has much to be proud of Dolan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by WeDealInLead View Post

I say yes. Quite possible also that it could have been a rushed signature... i.e. seeing King in the street or backstage somewhere. Ever try signing something while standing (nevermind something as big and bulky as Under The Dome)?

Goldmember carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute

It's just fine. Good price too.

Kate / Batwoman turtlex is on a distinguished road turtlex's Avatar

My Mood
    Gay

Quote Originally Posted by WeDealInLead View Post

Looks like the sig I got on mine ..

.. however, he lists 2 available, but only shows one signature page?!?
    The Man In Black Fled Across The Desert...

...And The Gunslinger Followed.

“I’m always on the Batman rule, sir.” - Kate Kane / Detective Comics 857

"It is the story, not he who tells it." Except to us collectors who have to put limits somewhere. - jhanic

Remember, Remember, The Fifth of November, The Gunpowder, Treason, and Plot.

Roont Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice's Avatar

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

Bump.
    It would be great to get a couple of opinions.
    $20-25 sounds about right to me.
    The Awesomest fled across the desert and The Awesomer followed.

If you rescue me
    I’ll be your friend forever

I wish that I could write fiction, but that seems almost an impossibility. -howard phillips lovecraft (1915)

Gunslinger herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

AMERICAN VAMPIRE VOLUME 1 HC – While the Mouse of Ideas may be adapting the older works of the master of horror STEPHEN KING, he’s putting down some new work in this here new ongoing series from DC Comics’ Vertigo stables.
    http://forums.hardwarezone.com.sg/sh...php?p=49775089

Did i miss something?
    CLUB STEPHEN KING (french website about STEPHEN KING, since 1992) : on : Facebook | Twitter | Instagram

Big Coffin Hunter Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

Mouse of ideas = Marvel.
    Wanted list:
    Ubris

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by herbertwest View Post
    AMERICAN VAMPIRE VOLUME 1 HC – While the Mouse of Ideas may be adapting the older works of the master of horror STEPHEN KING, he’s putting down some new work in this here new ongoing series from DC Comics’ Vertigo stables.
    http://forums.hardwarezone.com.sg/sh...php?p=49775089

Did i miss something?
    Yes.
    http://comicrevolution.wordpress.com...-novel-review/

+ Reply to Thread
Page 116 of 567 FirstFirst ... 16 66 106 114 115 116 117 118 126 166 216 ... LastLast