Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 109 of 567 FirstFirst ... 9 59 99 107 108 109 110 111 119 159 209 ... LastLast
Results 2,701 to 2,725 of 14175

Thread: Stephen King Collecting Questions

Not An Addict lophophoras is on a distinguished road lophophoras's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Here is the front of the magazine:

Here's the story:

Life is a garden...dig it!

Great Old One ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan's Avatar

...and Tommy tripped over a copy of UNDER THE DOME that had been thrown into the cellar by his !!EVIL!! step nephew twice removed on his father's aunt's cousin's side, who always said "Watch out that you don't trip over a copy of UNDER THE DOME when you're 'a fetchin that thar wood in that thar cellar, BOY!!!" (She [after the botched gender change operation] had said thisa hear saying so many times it was etched into the neurons of Tommy's young, very easily imprinted brain and and and, where the f**k was I anyway? Oh yeah, Tommy bashed that impressionable young brain out of his very own SKULL and it slithered under the furnace to become - another IT!!!!!!!
    Last edited by ur2ndbiggestfan; 07-10-2010 at 03:44 PM. Reason: edit
    I'm sure if there is intelligent life somewhere out there in the universe, they are wise enough to stay away from us.

And the people bowed and prayed, to the cell phone god they made...

Hankerin' for poundcake gsvec has a spectacular aura about gsvec has a spectacular aura about gsvec's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

This collecting stuff is a sickness! ~Patrick

Other worlds Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

"...that Siren which called and sang and promised so much and gave, after all, so little." ~ Ray Bradbury

Honky Mahfah biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

Hilarious!!!

Roont Matt will become famous soon enough Matt will become famous soon enough Matt's Avatar

My Mood
    Psychedelic
    Country
    Country Flag

I think Tommy getting wood in the basement is a metaphor...at least it was for me.
    The kindness of close friends is like a warm blanket

Gunslinger Apprentice super sam is on a distinguished road super sam's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by lophophoras View Post
    Know Your World Extra - Volume 39 # 2 - September 23, 2005 - 'Write Your Own Scary Story' - (The Furnace)
    Thanks for the info. Thought i had the first appearance of The furnace,
    but i guess i have to find this issue instead!

Gunslinger herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by super sam View Post
    Know Your World Extra - Volume 39 # 2 - September 23, 2005 - 'Write Your Own Scary Story' - (The Furnace)
    What is the book that you thought had the first publication of the furnace??
    ------------------------------------------------
    CLUB STEPHEN KING (french website about STEPHEN KING, since 1992) : on : Facebook | Twitter | Instagram

Manni Folken The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Matt View Post
    I think Tommy getting wood in the basement is a metaphor...at least it was for me.

Gunslinger Apprentice super sam is on a distinguished road super sam's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by herbertwest View Post
    Writing for teens, October 2005 with The Furnace as an insert.

Goldmember Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker's Avatar

My Mood
    Amused
    Country
    Country Flag

Very cool. Me want

Mulleins
    Cumberland VA
    I'm the caretaker of Room 217..............I've always been the caretaker of Room 217

Gunslinger herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by mulleins View Post
    Very cool. Me want

Mulleins
    Cumberland VA
    Well Mulleins, if you want it, it might be your lucky day!
    Look at the Overlook Connection! Not cheap, but seem to be pretty scarce!

http://overlookconnection.com/catalo...al-p-2918.html
    (with a typo error)
    CLUB STEPHEN KING (french website about STEPHEN KING, since 1992) : on : Facebook | Twitter | Instagram

Guardian of the Beam ELazansky is just really nice ELazansky is just really nice ELazansky is just really nice ELazansky is just really nice ELazansky is just really nice ELazansky's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Are book club books and regular issue books the same exact thing except for the DJ? I'm talking about recent releases, not older books that actually printed something on the CP that said it was a book club edition. For example, if you held a 1/1 of Just After Sunset next to a BCE of it without the jackets, would the books be the same?

From Sorrow to Hope Sam is on a distinguished road Sam's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I don't think so. The BCE is often a little shorter than the real deal.

HOWEVER, the Stephen King Library sometimes actually sends a true edition rather than a BCE to their customers. I've received a true edition of UTD and Cell recently. I no longer have JAS and so can't compare the two editions.
    Margaret Emmie Mackey Catoe, you are, have been, and always will be my soulmate, and I love you.
    Con todo mi corazon, por todo de mis dias. And I always will, in this life and into the next.

August 2, 1947 - September 24, 2010

Roont jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic's Avatar

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

I noticed that the Book Club edition of Black House had gold lettering on the spine, while the trade edition had silver. Otherwise the books themselves were identical. Of course, the dust jacket of the Book Club edition was unpriced.

John

Hankerin' for poundcake gsvec has a spectacular aura about gsvec has a spectacular aura about gsvec's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

What's irritating is that I have the mag, but no insert!

This collecting stuff is a sickness! ~Patrick

Country
    Country Flag

I am re-reading ON WRITING, i have couple questions :

- Steve mention the picture on the back of the regulators, as being a picture on which he is reading a copy of the newspaper/ magazine that published his first story.
    I dont see this picture on the back :
    http://www.thedarktower.org/palaver/...The+-+Trade+HC

- HAPPY STAMPS : the story sounds good. It havent been published (submitted to the Alfred Hitchcok mag though.. but i guess that this copy was never found?

Roont Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice's Avatar

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

It may have been rejected by them?
    The Awesomest fled across the desert and The Awesomer followed.

If you rescue me
    I’ll be your friend forever

I wish that I could write fiction, but that seems almost an impossibility. -howard phillips lovecraft (1915)

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

I am re-reading ON WRITING, i have couple questions :

- Steve mention the picture on the back of the regulators, as being a picture on which he is reading a copy of the newspaper/ magazine that published his first story.
    I dont see this picture on the back :
    http://www.thedarktower.org/palaver/...The+-+Trade+HC
    The picture could be the one on the inside back flap:

Roont jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic's Avatar

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

The magazine pictured is Startling Mystery Stories for Fall 1967 that is open to his first professionally published story, The Glass Floor.

John

Goldmember Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

The $35 check he received for the published story is also in the picture.

Goldmember carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Rabbit Trick View Post
    The $35 check he received for the published story is also in the picture.
    That's interesting. Do you think he waited that long before cashing the check? Or maybe the pages with "The Glass Floor" are advance sheets for proofing? I suspect he cashed that check right away if money was really as tight as he likes to tell.

Goldmember Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

I suspect he got the magazine and the check together from the publisher. I think they do that as normal practice. "Paid on Publication".

Goldmember carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Rabbit Trick View Post
    I suspect he got the magazine and the check together from the publisher. I think they do that as normal practice. "Paid on Publication".
    That makes sense. I'll bet you are right.

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Brice View Post
    It may have been rejected by them?
    Would make sense... so now it's lost :-(

Thanks for the picture RF. That's a pretty common one!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 109 of 567 FirstFirst ... 9 59 99 107 108 109 110 111 119 159 209 ... LastLast