Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 16 of 567 FirstFirst ... 6 14 15 16 17 18 26 66 116 516 ... LastLast

Thread: Stephen King Collecting Questions

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Ricky, first off, the ONLY portfolio (SK book tie in of course) I am aware of that comes with an original piece is the Cycle of the Werewolf Limited edition. It came with with a Wrightson pencil sketch. In fact, IMO Wrightson just knocked off the same pic repeatedly-to my knowledge the sketches are all of the Wolf's head.
    Other than that, the Dameron stuff from The Wastelands is a bit wild. I have them all (prints of course) matted and framed and like them, but they certainly don't appeal to all.

S P I R A L Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Randall Flagg View Post
    Other than that, the Dameron stuff from The Wastelands is a bit wild. I have them all (prints of course) matted and framed and like them, but they certainly don't appeal to all.
    What do you mean by 'wild'?
    A NEW GAME BEGINS

Big Coffin Hunter Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

Please correct me if I'm wrong, but only the first 100 copies of COTW portfolio had one original. The rest didn't have Wrightson's print of the werewolf.

And regarding Ned Dameron's portfolio: GO AND DO IT!
    One of the best purchases I ever made. I wish all the illustrated books would have such portfolios.
    Wanted list:
    Ubris

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Ricky View Post
    What do you mean by 'wild'?
    Well take a look at them. Radiation deformed monsters, open sore "pirates" you name it, they are quite colorful, but certainly IMO a bit "Wild".
    I suppose it was the best adjective available to me.

Goldmember carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by Ari_Racing View Post
    Please correct me if I'm wrong, but only the first 100 copies of COTW portfolio had one original. The rest didn't have Wrightson's print of the werewolf.

And regarding Ned Dameron's portfolio: GO AND DO IT!
    One of the best purchases I ever made. I wish all the illustrated books would have such portfolios.
    You and Randall may be confusing the limited edition of THE CYCLE OF THE WEREWOLF book with the portfolio.

To my knowledge the portfolio of prints does not contain an original drawing. The original drawings were place in the limited editions of the BOOK having numbers 1 - 100.

S P I R A L Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Well take a look at them. Radiation deformed monsters, open sore "pirates" you name it, they are quite colorful, but certainly IMO a bit "Wild".
    I suppose it was the best adjective available to me.
    Oh, okay. I completely misconstruded your comment. By 'wild', I thought you meant that they were some how not worth purchasing. I must have been out of it.

Anyway, I love that kind of art so by 'wild', you actually helped me out.
    A NEW GAME BEGINS

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by carlosdetweiller View Post
    You and Randall may be confusing the limited edition of THE CYCLE OF THE WEREWOLF book with the portfolio.

To my knowledge the portfolio of prints does not contain an original drawing. The original drawings were place in the limited editions of the BOOK having numbers 1 - 100.

Not suprisingly you are correct. My mistake.
    I do believe the original artwork pieces included with the S/L book were "duplicate" (all similar) hand rendered drawings of a wolf head...am I correct?

Goldmember carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute

I do believe the original artwork pieces included with the S/L book were "duplicate" (all similar) hand rendered drawings of a wolf head...am I correct?
    Every one that I have seen (both in person and in photos on eBay listings) have been the same......a full head portrait of a werewolf.

Wizard of End-World wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow's Avatar

My Mood
    Busy
    Country
    Country Flag

Every one that I have seen (both in person and in photos on eBay listings) have been the same......a full head portrait of a werewolf.

Yes, I can say the same thing. Little or no variation in the wolf's head. I have seen perhaps 6 or so.

Dragline : Nothin'. A handful of nothin'. You stupid mullet head. He beat you with nothin'. Just like today when he kept comin' back at me - with nothin'.
    Luke : Yeah, well, sometimes nothin' can be a real cool hand

bangoskank1

Default Good news about Amazon

Awhile back I was ranting and raving about a paperback calle the skin trade that I bought off of Amazon and when I recieved it the first 55 pages were completely missing....well, I am happy to report that the person who sold me this item felt so badly about it that not only did they give me a full refund but thy also sent me the Hardcover edition (called Night Visions 5) which was in pristine condition and was also the collecters edition number 632 of 800 and furthermore was signed by Dan Simmons (one of the authors)...I only mention it here because I was so quick to come here and complain that I think this person deserves kudos for a job well done....(can't remeber the name off hand...I'm such a shitbag)...anyway Amazon rocks!!!!

Roont jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic's Avatar

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

That was a great deal! Are you sure you got the limited? The true limited came in a slipcase and was signed by all the authors, in addition to the editor.

John

bangoskank1

you know what??? someone else mentioned this to me and I looked again and saw only simmons but it did have a slipcase and stuff...you think maybe i mighta got some kind of replica or something?

Roont jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic's Avatar

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

No idea.

John

Goldmember Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

Does anyone know of another confirmed publication of "Rest Stop" other than the one in Esquire magazine?

(Don't look in Brooks's book. It's wrong).

Word Slinger Bev Vincent has a reputation beyond repute Bev Vincent has a reputation beyond repute Bev Vincent has a reputation beyond repute Bev Vincent has a reputation beyond repute Bev Vincent has a reputation beyond repute Bev Vincent has a reputation beyond repute Bev Vincent has a reputation beyond repute Bev Vincent has a reputation beyond repute Bev Vincent has a reputation beyond repute Bev Vincent has a reputation beyond repute Bev Vincent has a reputation beyond repute Bev Vincent's Avatar

Not that I'm aware of.

Roont Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice's Avatar

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

Maybe you could post pictures of it? It still sounds nicer than what you lost out on though.

Palaver Castle Chef mia/susannah is on a distinguished road mia/susannah's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

That is great. Glad to hear it

Oz the Gweat and Tewwible mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I have been shopping with Amazon since 1999 and with Amazon Marketplace also. Nothing but good things to say. Some sellers have refunded me money for books I received in condition that was not as described and said I could even keep the books or give them to a library.

Gunslinger herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Rabbit Trick View Post
    Does anyone know of another confirmed publication of "Rest Stop" other than the one in Esquire magazine?

(Don't look in Brooks's book. It's wrong).
    is it something that you are looking for? that you heard about, or are you just wondering in case it would have been published somewhere else?

is there anything written in the esquire mag, if it was published before?
    ------------------------------------------------
    CLUB STEPHEN KING (french website about STEPHEN KING, since 1992) : on : Facebook | Twitter | Instagram
    ------------------------------------------------

Forgetful Fantasy-Maker Tiffany is on a distinguished road Tiffany's Avatar

Toronto, Ontario (but I'll probably always call Texas home).
    Country
    Country Flag

So I've searched the threads and posts and I've done a bit of google-searching, as well as dog-pile browsing and I can't find a reliable answer.

I've picked up a couple hardcover copies of The Shining; one at a garage sale, the other at a flea market. I nabbed 'em because they're the 1977 editions but they're not first editions.
    I remember my old boss had an obsession with first editions and would never buy anything that wasn't...anyway, he had a great book on how to tell when a book is first edition. I can't remember the criteria for The Shining. All I remember is that it's something quite particular on a specific page.
    Anyone have an answer for me? I saw a copy at the used bookstore I frequent but didn't want to buy it and add another bum copy to my collection.
    “Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.”-Mark Twain

Listen to the mustn'ts, child. Listen to the don'ts. Listen to the shouldn'ts, the impossibles, the won'ts. Listen to the never haves, then listen close to me....Anything can happen, child. Anything can be.
    -Shel Silverstein

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

State: Trade Hardback First Edition. Issue price $8.95
    Comments: Dedicated to Joe Hill. Full black cloth binding with tan boards having white pastedowns. 25,000 First Printing. Copyright page states: “FIRST EDITION.” Gutter code R49 on page on page 447.
    Link
    Bev Vincent chart at stephenking.com http://www.stephenking.com/IdentifyingFirstEditions.pdf

Forgetful Fantasy-Maker Tiffany is on a distinguished road Tiffany's Avatar

Toronto, Ontario (but I'll probably always call Texas home).
    Country
    Country Flag

Suh-weeet. Guess I was looking in all the wrong places.

Say thankya.
    “Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.”-Mark Twain

Listen to the mustn'ts, child. Listen to the don'ts. Listen to the shouldn'ts, the impossibles, the won'ts. Listen to the never haves, then listen close to me....Anything can happen, child. Anything can be.
    -Shel Silverstein

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Tiffany View Post
    Suh-weeet. Guess I was looking in all the wrong places.

Say thankya.
    De nada.

Along the Path of the Beam riknofx is on a distinguished road riknofx's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Hey all,
    I have a question... I have a scribner "first trade paperback edition Dark Tower VII" and I realize that as far as collecting these are pretty negligible, but still have to ask. The Illustration between pages 750 and 751 is Roland sitting in front of the Artist door is double printed-or-has two of the same illustration. Is this kinda error pretty rare or no big deal? Thanks for any info. I'm just starting my collection really (and its growing fast) but thought I'd see about the scribner p/b. Thanks again-
    Rick
    "Please be calm! Remember that these things exist on a different level of reality than the one your on now." -Doc#1/ Clotho:

Wizard of End-World wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow's Avatar

My Mood
    Busy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by riknofx View Post
    Hey all,
    I have a question... I have a scribner "first trade paperback edition Dark Tower VII" and I realize that as far as collecting these are pretty negligible, but still have to ask. The Illustration between pages 750 and 751 is Roland sitting in front of the Artist door is double printed-or-has two of the same illustration. Is this kinda error pretty rare or no big deal? Thanks for any info. I'm just starting my collection really (and its growing fast) but thought I'd see about the scribner p/b. Thanks again-
    Rick

In my opinion, the error does not make the book valuable, sorry.

Dragline : Nothin'. A handful of nothin'. You stupid mullet head. He beat you with nothin'. Just like today when he kept comin' back at me - with nothin'.
    Luke : Yeah, well, sometimes nothin' can be a real cool hand

+ Reply to Thread
Page 16 of 567 FirstFirst ... 6 14 15 16 17 18 26 66 116 516 ... LastLast