Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 524 of 567 FirstFirst ... 24 424 474 514 522 523 524 525 526 534 ... LastLast
Results 13,076 to 13,100 of 14170

Thread: Stephen King Collecting Questions

Goldmember Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker's Avatar

My Mood
    Amused
    Country
    Country Flag

I know we always ask for close up pictures, but this time, can you post another a little further back?

Mulleins
    I'm the caretaker of Room 217..............I've always been the caretaker of Room 217

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Randall Flagg View Post
    Without reference to scale, I say it's a legit modern day cramped signature.
    IDK, El Jefe. That looks seriously no bueno to me. However, I'll defer to your greater expertise in these matters.

Spoiler:
    FWIW I wouldn't want that sig in my collection.

"I'm working on my sense of humor" Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an's Avatar

“No matter how cynical you get, it is impossible to keep up” -Lily Tomlin
    Country
    Country Flag

I'm leaning that way as well.
    "One day you're going to figure out that everything they taught you was a lie."

Gunslinger Apprentice TnTzDad has a spectacular aura about TnTzDad has a spectacular aura about

Country
    Country Flag

Auction: Blaze - Richard Bachman / Stephen King (2007)- Hardcover - Signed

The seller has a number of similarly priced signed books.

Maerlyn's Imp HONKYTONKSMASH has much to be proud of HONKYTONKSMASH has much to be proud of HONKYTONKSMASH has much to be proud of HONKYTONKSMASH has much to be proud of HONKYTONKSMASH has much to be proud of HONKYTONKSMASH has much to be proud of HONKYTONKSMASH has much to be proud of HONKYTONKSMASH has much to be proud of HONKYTONKSMASH has much to be proud of HONKYTONKSMASH has much to be proud of HONKYTONKSMASH's Avatar

My Mood
    Cool
    Country
    Country Flag

Yeah i dont like it..

Demon of the Prim Ben Eads is just really nice Ben Eads is just really nice Ben Eads is just really nice Ben Eads is just really nice Ben Eads is just really nice Ben Eads's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

Hello, fellow beloved book collectors!

I've been storing my books in Brodart Archival quality zip-lock bags for fifteen years, and I've never had a problem. Perhaps it's because I open the bags once a month so they can breathe? I've done this due to silverfish, etc... Silverfish are really bad here. Had a book totally eaten up by them. Pest control hasn't been much help either.

Am I doing something wrong? Is what I'm doing okay for the books? I don't want to harm the book.

Any insight/advice would be deeply appreciated.

Thanks!

Ben
    WANTED:

Dust jacket for The Shining SNL.

Dust jacket for 25th Anniversary edition of IT, signed, numbered, tray-cased copy.

Signed numbered limited edition of Josh Malerman's Goblin, published by Earthling Publications.

Demon of the Prim east-tennessee is just really nice east-tennessee is just really nice east-tennessee is just really nice east-tennessee is just really nice

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by TnTzDad View Post
    Auction: Blaze - Richard Bachman / Stephen King (2007)- Hardcover - Signed

The seller has a number of similarly priced signed books.
    Signature looks good to me, but book has no number line, must be a BCE. If it was a 1st/1st it would be a $500-$800 book.

Gunslinger Apprentice TnTzDad has a spectacular aura about TnTzDad has a spectacular aura about

Country
    Country Flag

Ahh, I overlooked that.

Goldmember Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker's Avatar

My Mood
    Amused
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by TnTzDad View Post
    Ahh, I overlooked that.
    Correct, it's a signed bookclub.

It's missing this:

Mulleins
    I'm the caretaker of Room 217..............I've always been the caretaker of Room 217

Did you guess it was me? becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69's Avatar

The First Level of Hell - It's got a great view!
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by HONKYTONKSMASH View Post
    Yeah i dont like it..
    I don't either and there are quite a few he has that are questionable.
    Wanted: Human skin edition of The Book of the Dead. Will accept PC copy.

Demon of the Prim Ben Eads is just really nice Ben Eads is just really nice Ben Eads is just really nice Ben Eads is just really nice Ben Eads is just really nice Ben Eads's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Ben Eads View Post

I've been storing my books in Brodart Archival quality zip-lock bags for fifteen years, and I've never had a problem. Perhaps it's because I open the bags once a month so they can breathe? I've done this due to silverfish, etc... Silverfish are really bad here. Had a book totally eaten up by them. Pest control hasn't been much help either.

Am I doing something wrong? Is what I'm doing okay for the books? I don't want to harm the book.

Thanks!

Ben

Randall,

Do you think anyone would be interested in creating a "Caring For Your Collectibles thread?"

Thoughts would be appreciated from you and the community.
    WANTED:

Dust jacket for 25th Anniversary edition of IT, signed, numbered, tray-cased copy.

Signed numbered limited edition of Josh Malerman's Goblin, published by Earthling Publications.

Manni Folken The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Thanks!

Ben

Randall,

Do you think anyone would be interested in creating a "Caring For Your Collectibles thread?"

There’s already a whole section for this, Ben:

http://www.thedarktower.org/palaver/...ting-Tutorials

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by The Library Policeman View Post

Thanks!

Ben

Randall,

There’s already a whole section for this, Ben:

http://www.thedarktower.org/palaver/...ting-Tutorials

Wow! I scoured the site and couldn't find it. Thanks! I'll post my questions there.
    WANTED:

"I'm working on my sense of humor" Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Thanks!

Ben
    I'm in Florida too. Silverfish, aka., bookworms are a HUGE problem!

Just make sure that you have the air conditioner on and the humidity under control when you bag/rebag the books. (I bag books too.)

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Br!an View Post

Thanks!

Ben

Just make sure that you have the air conditioner on and the humidity under control when you bag/rebag the books. (I bag books too.)
    I know, right?

Thanks for letting me know I'm not alone! Heron, my pest control company, have given me these things that look like a pack of black-cats. I've placed them around where the books are stored and they get eaten up over time. Hell, it's like there's a war on for my books!

Do you open your bags to let them "breathe" or leave them closed?
    WANTED:

Country
    Country Flag

Thanks!

Ben

I know, right?

Thanks for letting me know I'm not alone! Heron, my pest control company, have given me these things that look like a pack of black-cats. I've placed them around where the books are stored and they get eaten up over time. Hell, it's like there's a war on for my books!
    I've had success with Boric acid. I use the straight Boric acid, it is also available as a bait. I have Boric acid behind my baseboards and behind my bookcases.

Boric acid also helps with the Palmetto bugs.

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

Thanks!

Ben

I know, right?

I've had success with Boric acid. I use the straight Boric acid, it is also available as a bait. I have Boric acid behind my baseboards and behind my bookcases.

Looks like I'm buying some boric acid! Thanks for the help, man. Do you keep yours bagged or do you open them from time to time?
    WANTED:

Country
    Country Flag

Thanks!

Ben

I know, right?

Looks like I'm buying some boric acid! Thanks for the help, man. Do you keep yours bagged or do you open them from time to time?
    I keep them bagged. Unless I have a reason to open it.

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

Thanks!

Ben

I know, right?

I keep them bagged. Unless I have a reason to open it.

I think I'll do the same. I've forgot to "breathe" them and nothing happened.
    WANTED:

The Road Virus vincent is a splendid one to behold vincent is a splendid one to behold vincent is a splendid one to behold vincent is a splendid one to behold vincent is a splendid one to behold vincent is a splendid one to behold vincent is a splendid one to behold vincent's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Hi folks,

does anyone have any information on when exactly 'Salem's Lot came out in the UK? It was in 1976, but does anyone know the month by any chance? Or the season? I can't find any info on this in all the places I know to look...

Great Old One ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan's Avatar

I have August, 1976 for the paperback, NEL, 45002946 8, but that probably doesn't help.
    I'm sure if there is intelligent life somewhere out there in the universe, they are wise enough to stay away from us.

And the people bowed and prayed, to the cell phone god they made...

The Road Virus vincent is a splendid one to behold vincent is a splendid one to behold vincent is a splendid one to behold vincent is a splendid one to behold vincent is a splendid one to behold vincent is a splendid one to behold vincent is a splendid one to behold vincent's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Thanks a lot Steve! It does, as the hardback was most likely published before that, so it narrows it down considerably.

The number, is that an ISBN? Could it be you've missed a digit? If it's an ISBN, I believe it should be 10 digits.

Goldmember Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by vincent View Post
    Hi folks,

does anyone have any information on when exactly 'Salem's Lot came out in the UK? It was in 1976, but does anyone know the month by any chance? Or the season? I can't find any info on this in all the places I know to look...
    Nobody knows for certain. The only details we collectors have is:

London, England: New English Library, 1976, 439 pp., hardcover. ISBN: 0-450-02860-7.

The US hard back came out in October 1975. The US Signet paperback came out in August 1976 , so my guess is between those dates.

Country
    Country Flag

Thanks very much for this!

Great Old One ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan's Avatar

Here's my not so great copy. I got the information from the copyright page:

I'm sure if there is intelligent life somewhere out there in the universe, they are wise enough to stay away from us.

And the people bowed and prayed, to the cell phone god they made...

+ Reply to Thread
Page 524 of 567 FirstFirst ... 24 424 474 514 522 523 524 525 526 534 ... LastLast