Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 93 of 567 FirstFirst ... 43 83 91 92 93 94 95 103 143 193 ... LastLast
Results 2,301 to 2,325 of 14174

Thread: Stephen King Collecting Questions

Honky Mahfah biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

Thanks guys!

PM sent.

*edit* is there also a list of the Fried collection? That was even longer before 'my time' but it was mentioned on the archived web page provided by Jerome. The stuff of legends....

Goldmember carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by Randall Flagg View Post
    Here is the original archived web page. I don't think it (the list) is 100% complete.
    http://web.archive.org/web/200404032...20ai.html#girl

Mr. Rabbit Trick is probably your best bet.
    That link is to to Marc Brenner's collection. A nice one to be sure but that isn't the Chris Cavalier collection. Chris started selling his in 2006.

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Goldmember carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute

Yes. That is the right one.

Demon of the Prim ChristineB is a jewel in the rough ChristineB is a jewel in the rough ChristineB is a jewel in the rough ChristineB's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

OK, so I jumped on a copy of Wizard and Glass without noticing it didn't have the DJ with it (I'm not completely convinced the listing stated this) but that was my fault.

Now, I would like any suggestions you guys might have as to how to get my hands on a Dj for this. Could I contant Grant and get one maybe? if so who would I try to get ahold of?

Wizard of End-World wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow's Avatar

My Mood
    Busy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by ChristineB View Post
    OK, so I jumped on a copy of Wizard and Glass without noticing it didn't have the DJ with it (I'm not completely convinced the listing stated this) but that was my fault.

Now, I would like any suggestions you guys might have as to how to get my hands on a Dj for this. Could I contant Grant and get one maybe? if so who would I try to get ahold of?
    Either call Karen at Grant Books (Nerak on this site) or I have a brand spankin' new one that I'd sell to you for $15.

Dragline : Nothin'. A handful of nothin'. You stupid mullet head. He beat you with nothin'. Just like today when he kept comin' back at me - with nothin'.
    Luke : Yeah, well, sometimes nothin' can be a real cool hand

Vagrant Dead Nerak is a jewel in the rough Nerak is a jewel in the rough Nerak is a jewel in the rough Nerak is a jewel in the rough Nerak's Avatar

My Mood
    Lurking

We have trade editions jackets for $20 plus $7 for shipping

Goldmember Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

Better, but there is a lot missing.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Rabbit Trick View Post
    I bought quite a bit from Chris before he turned it over to Betts. All of that stuff has never been put online.

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Rabbit Trick View Post
    Just a link to the archived webpage.
    <--------------------Knows Mr. Rabbit Trick has a more complete list.

From Sorrow to Hope Sam is on a distinguished road Sam's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Out of curiosity, what would a reply letter from King to a regular fan be worth? I have no idea of dates or anything like that, but I would like to give a friend an idea of what one may be worth if in good condition.
    Margaret Emmie Mackey Catoe, you are, have been, and always will be my soulmate, and I love you.
    Con todo mi corazon, por todo de mis dias. And I always will, in this life and into the next.

August 2, 1947 - September 24, 2010

Oz the Gweat and Tewwible mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by pablo View Post
    Speaking of the original Gunslinger novellas in MF&SF, I know they were slightly revised for the inclusion in the first volume. What was changed, exactly? Has anyone checked specifically? I'm really curious.
    Answering my own question, but I found this cool document:

https://scholarworks.iupui.edu/bitst...0FORMATTED.pdf

It's a master thesis by a certain Mrs. Kent of the University of Indiana, dealing with a textual analysis of the three versions of The Gunslinger (the 1978-1981 magazine version, the original 1982 edition, and 2004 revised edition).

Roont jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic's Avatar

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

Very interesting, Pablo. A good read and analysis.

John

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Sam View Post
    Out of curiosity, what would a reply letter from King to a regular fan be worth? I have no idea of dates or anything like that, but I would like to give a friend an idea of what one may be worth if in good condition.
    Without additional info, it is hard to even guess.
    A handwritten letter from King to a 'regular' fan might be worth $10 a word, or $100 a word. A typed letter less. Date, reference etc. all determine.

Oz the Gweat and Tewwible mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by jhanic View Post
    Very interesting, Pablo. A good read and analysis.

John
    I just finished reading it. Sadly, it's rather perfunctory as far as actual textual analysis, while being a very good overall study of the series, and DT1 in particular. The table presented at the end, page 1 of 84, is nice, but there are no entries for the MF&SF version, which is what I was looking for (would be nice to see all 84 pages).

Goldmember Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by carlosdetweiller View Post
    I bought quite a bit from Chris before he turned it over to Betts. All of that stuff has never been put online.
    I guessed that by the missing reference numbers on the original list

Demon of the Prim ChristineB is a jewel in the rough ChristineB is a jewel in the rough ChristineB is a jewel in the rough ChristineB's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by wizardsrainbow View Post

Either call Karen at Grant Books (Nerak on this site) or I have a brand spankin' new one that I'd sell to you for $15.
    Thanks will keep this in mind, and thanks Karen for the info.

Now I just have to decide if I want this one or not, it has a few flaws that were not mentioned.

S P I R A L Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Now I just have to decide if I want this one or not, it has a few flaws that were not mentioned.
    The actual book? If you decide against it, I have a mint copy (except that the front board is a little loose) that I'd be willing to sell.
    A NEW GAME BEGINS

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

I have 8 or so I would sell. At the right price.

S P I R A L Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

$300 and the buyer's soul, right?
    A NEW GAME BEGINS

Citizen of Gilead namelessnpoor will become famous soon enough namelessnpoor will become famous soon enough namelessnpoor's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Wondering what a signed 3rd edition Gunslinger is worth, looking to buy one. I don't think i have actually ever seen one for sale though? Has anyone else?
    Thanks
    Rusty

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Ricky View Post
    $300 and the buyer's soul, right?
    LOL most likely.

And I already gave my soul to the person I bought my beat up 1st of The Gunslinger from.

Country
    Country Flag

I would like some advise on what a 1st Wizard and Glass Fine should cost without a DJ?

Wizard of End-World wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow's Avatar

My Mood
    Busy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by namelessnpoor View Post
    Wondering what a signed 3rd edition Gunslinger is worth, looking to buy one. I don't think i have actually ever seen one for sale though? Has anyone else?
    Thanks
    Rusty
    Rusty-

I own one. It was inscribed to KelLee Larson, who was the Office Manager at Donald M. Grant Publishing prior to Karen taking over. I bought it from Dave Hutcheson (Hutch) years ago and I paid $350 I am pretty sure. That is more than I would normally pay but I am a Dark Tower completest and I had never seen another one of these legitimately signed by King, so I stretched to buy it. I also bought from Hutch at the same time a Grant 2nd edition Drawing of the Three inscribed to KelLee and a Grant 1st Wizard & Glass inscribed to KelLee.

In today's market, I think a signed 3rd edition Grant Gunslinger could bring $250 to a seller. Sorry, that was more answer than you were looking for.

Dragline : Nothin'. A handful of nothin'. You stupid mullet head. He beat you with nothin'. Just like today when he kept comin' back at me - with nothin'.

My Mood
    Busy
    Country
    Country Flag

I would like some advise on what a 1st Wizard and Glass Fine should cost without a DJ?
    Christine-

In today's soft market, I would say aproximately $50-$65.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 93 of 567 FirstFirst ... 43 83 91 92 93 94 95 103 143 193 ... LastLast