Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 88 of 567 FirstFirst ... 38 78 86 87 88 89 90 98 138 188 ... LastLast
Results 2,176 to 2,200 of 14175

Thread: Stephen King Collecting Questions

Goldmember carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by at_one View Post
    I agree...I am just a little suspect on an ebay listing for a 1/1 Gunslinger as it is worded a little funny. Is there any identifying features that separate the first printing from the second without looking at them side by side?
    Ask the seller to tell you what color the boards are. He can do that without opening the shrinkwrap just by looking at the top or bottom of the book. A first edition should have brown boards while a second edition is gray.

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by carlosdetweiller View Post
    I agree...I am just a little suspect on an ebay listing for a 1/1 Gunslinger as it is worded a little funny. Is there any identifying features that separate the first printing from the second without looking at them side by side?
    Ask the seller to tell you what color the boards are. He can do that without opening the shrinkwrap just by looking at the top or bottom of the book. A first edition should have brown boards while a second edition is gray.
    Side by side pics of the books:

S P I R A L Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Default Removing THE STAND S/L from its traycase

Hey Patrick, I was looking at your photos of your S/L of The Stand and noticed that the traycase is unlike the ones such as LSOE and SOD where the book can easily slide out of the left side. How does one get the book out without flipping the traycase upside down like a bundt cake?

I never thought about that before and am quite curious to find out the answer.
    A NEW GAME BEGINS

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Ricky View Post
    Hey Patrick, I was looking at your photos of your S/L of The Stand and noticed that the traycase is unlike the ones such as LSOE and SOD where the book can easily slide out of the left side. How does one get the book out without flipping the traycase upside down like a bundt cake?

I never thought about that before and am quite curious to find out the answer.
    I'll wait for Patrick to answer the question, but this picture might help:

Other worlds Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

You can use the black ribbon, I suppose, to help ease out the book, but I never want to put that much pressure on the ribbon for fear that it might tear away from the case.

Personally I go for the bundt cake method, very slowly and carefully (with my hand on the book while turning it) at point blank range directly over something soft like a bed.

I doubt that I've taken mine out of its traycase even half a dozen times, so it's not something I do very often.

Wizard of End-World wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow's Avatar

My Mood
    Busy
    Country
    Country Flag

Also, if this is the auction I think you are referring to, there is a second photo showing the copyright page, but it is for Danse Macabre, not The Gunslinger!

Dragline : Nothin'. A handful of nothin'. You stupid mullet head. He beat you with nothin'. Just like today when he kept comin' back at me - with nothin'.
    Luke : Yeah, well, sometimes nothin' can be a real cool hand

S P I R A L Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Ah, thanks guys. It looked like there was a ribbon in a previous photo that I saw of the case, but I couldn't tell what it was for.

Now that you mention it Patrick, I don't think I'd put that much pressure of the ribbon either with such a thick book.

Thanks.
    A NEW GAME BEGINS

Getting it on. at_one has a spectacular aura about at_one has a spectacular aura about at_one has a spectacular aura about at_one's Avatar

My Mood
    Amazed
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by wizardsrainbow View Post
    Also, if this is the auction I think you are referring to, there is a second photo showing the copyright page, but it is for Danse Macabre, not The Gunslinger!
    David, that would be the auction....I just didn't like how it was worded, kinda seemed like something was being hidden. Oh well, he got a fair price and by the answers he gave to my questions it was a true 1/1. I still have my doubts about "original shrinkwrap" though...

Also, on a few of their auctions they use that Danse Macabre photo, it worked though...I saw they sold a copy of Salem's Lot for $75 w/ no proof of being a 1/1...

Hankerin' for poundcake gsvec has a spectacular aura about gsvec has a spectacular aura about gsvec's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I do use my black ribbon to ease my book out of the case. I believe that's what it's there for.

This collecting stuff is a sickness! ~Patrick

Other worlds Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by gsvec View Post
    I do use my black ribbon to ease my book out of the case. I believe that's what it's there for.
    I agree. I'm just paranoid.
    "...that Siren which called and sang and promised so much and gave, after all, so little." ~ Ray Bradbury

Roont jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic's Avatar

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

I've never used the ribbon. I place the case upside down when I put it on my bed, then lift the case. I don't want to take the chance of messing the ribbon up or dropping the book. Paranoid, maybe, but...

John

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Great care should also be taken to handle the glassine wrapper.

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

So, Jerome, do you use the black ribbon to remove yours?

How about everyone else?
    "...that Siren which called and sang and promised so much and gave, after all, so little." ~ Ray Bradbury

Servant of Gan e_taylor will become famous soon enough e_taylor's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I carefully place it on my bed and life the tray case off. Better safe than sorry.

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Patrick View Post
    So, Jerome, do you use the black ribbon to remove yours?

How about everyone else?
    It's been so long since I have removed it (I took it out years ago) that I don't recall.

Goldmember Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker's Avatar

My Mood
    Amused
    Country
    Country Flag

If I do remove it I use the ribbon to sort of get it started and carefully turn the box over and let it fall out. Well, you know what I mean.

Ralph
    I'm the caretaker of Room 217..............I've always been the caretaker of Room 217

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Yes, we understand, Ralph.

Getting it on. at_one has a spectacular aura about at_one has a spectacular aura about at_one has a spectacular aura about at_one's Avatar

My Mood
    Amazed
    Country
    Country Flag

Hate to ask this question as it has a lot of variables and is directly relative to the seller and buyer's supply and demand, BUT.....what is the ballpark going price on DT V, VI, and VII. I have Tomas' site to refer to but I would like a few more opinions to get a good, round number. As it figures in to the price, I am not interested in matching a set so number does not matter....heck, if PC are the cheapest, I would actually prefer them over numbered!

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Hate to ask this question as it has a lot of variables and is directly relative to the seller and buyer's supply and demand, BUT.....what is the ballpark going price on DT V, VI, and VII. I have Tomas' site to refer to but I would like a few more opinions to get a good, round number. As it figures in to the price, I am not interested in matching a set so number does not matter....heck, if PC are the cheapest, I would actually prefer them over numbered!
    Tomas does his homework. I would say a 'good price' for a buyer of non-matching numbers is 25% less per book than Tomas is referencing.
    A good price for a seller is 5% more.

Not An Addict lophophoras is on a distinguished road lophophoras's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Guys...where can I find a list for identifying first editions? I think I have seen a list somewhere that was on a spreadsheet. Anybody have a copy?

Thanks!

Life is a garden...dig it!

Goldmember Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by lophophoras View Post
    Guys...where can I find a list for identifying first editions? I think I have seen a list somewhere that was on a spreadsheet. Anybody have a copy?

Thanks!
    God, you're lazy There is a whole thread on this.

http://www.thedarktower.org/palaver/...ntify+editions

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Rabbit Trick View Post

Thanks!
    God, you're lazy There is a whole thread on this.

http://www.thedarktower.org/palaver/...ntify+editions

But I couldn't find it. I swear I looked.

LOL...thanks!!

Guardian of the Beam ELazansky is just really nice ELazansky is just really nice ELazansky is just really nice ELazansky is just really nice ELazansky is just really nice ELazansky's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Thanks!
    There is also the PDF file located here - http://www.stephenking.com/the_library.html

Country
    Country Flag

Thanks!!

Wizard of End-World wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow's Avatar

My Mood
    Busy
    Country
    Country Flag

Hi need a quick accurate answer here.

Someone offering me a Dolan's Cadillac proof, blue cover, looks mint. This is for the business, so I want to be able to resell at minimum 25% profit (don't think badly of me, I have a mortgage to pay). What should I offer this guy? Or instead, what is it worth (meaning a reasonable price I could list on Betts)and I can figure my own offer.

Thank you.

Dragline : Nothin'. A handful of nothin'. You stupid mullet head. He beat you with nothin'. Just like today when he kept comin' back at me - with nothin'.
    Luke : Yeah, well, sometimes nothin' can be a real cool hand

+ Reply to Thread
Page 88 of 567 FirstFirst ... 38 78 86 87 88 89 90 98 138 188 ... LastLast