Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 178 of 567 FirstFirst ... 78 128 168 176 177 178 179 180 188 228 278 ... LastLast
Results 4,426 to 4,450 of 14175

Thread: Stephen King Collecting Questions

Goldmember Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker's Avatar

My Mood
    Amused
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by stevohump View Post
    Does anybody know what a good price for a 1st 1st Creepshow in fine to NF condition. Thanks for any help
    I recently sold one for $40. An almost perfect copy.

Mulleins
    I'm the caretaker of Room 217..............I've always been the caretaker of Room 217

Don't. Get. Married. Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon's Avatar

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

I'm sure there are fluctuations across the board, but I would say that if you look hard enough you can find a great Creepshow for about $20-30.

Along the Path of the Beam elscorcho526 is on a distinguished road elscorcho526's Avatar

Happy holidays, all,
    To my surprise, a DT VII AE was waiting for me beneath the Christmas tree this morning, to go along with a few other King related goodies! Michael Whelan was generous enough to sketch a certain symbol of particular relevance to this book. Was/is this common?

Best wishes during this last week of 2011,
    -Frank

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

If you have a "Ka" or "Sigul" they are not too common. Whelan signed over 6,500 copies of DTVII (5K artist and 1.5K S/L) so even if he did a small doodle in 250 books that is less than 4%.

Gunslinger Apprentice Tony will become famous soon enough Tony will become famous soon enough

Country
    Country Flag

Oh nice, you got one of those that he sketched in. Does this raise the value of the book by much?

Roont jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic's Avatar

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

I've got a copy of the DT VI AE with the "Crimson Eye Sigul" symbol that I paid $85 back in 2009. That also included a slipcase. The symbol does add some on the price, but not a lot.

John

Citizen of Gilead surly is a jewel in the rough surly is a jewel in the rough surly is a jewel in the rough surly is a jewel in the rough surly's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by carlosdetweiller View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by needfulthings View Post
    The booklet I have with mine states The stainless steel cover,inset with a Big Time digital timepiece has been manufactured by Herman Hirsch at Hi-Tech Stainless Steel Specialties in Dallas,Texas.
    I have taken some photos of the steps needed to replace the battery in said Big Time digital timepiece. Later this evening I will post them. Do the mods think they will be best posted in this thread or another? There are about 18 of them.
    In case anyone needed a testimonial; a $6 battery and two and a half minutes of my life is all it took:

Thanks Bob!

As promised here is the traycase it came with (don't know anything about it; maybe someone can tell me if it is one of the BOOKLAB cases):

And finally, for the record, the original battery was simply an Eveready:
    "When I have a little money, I buy books; and if I have any left, I buy food and clothes."
    Desiderius Erasmus Roterodamus

Goldmember carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute

Pretty cool! Glad I could help.

I don't know about the case but I would bet that it is one of the ones made by BookLab. Five of us had custom cases made by a maker in LA several years ago and it is definitely not one of those.

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

What is the "The Napkins" book on top? I know King originally titled the book that way. Is that an ARC?

Goldmember carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by Randall Flagg View Post
    What is the "Napkins" book on top? I know King originally titled the book that way.
    "The Napkins" was the original title of THE EYES OF THE DRAGON, wasn't it?

I've never seen the book in surly's picture though.

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Actually, I think The Eyes of the Dragon was originally titled "The Napkins".
    EDIT: You beat me to it.

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

When in doubt refer to Bob, or to the Catalog:
    26 red lettered, 26 black lettered, less than 10 Artist's copies, 250 red-numbered and 1,000 black-numbered copies produced.
    Like Cycle of the Werewolf, and The Plant, The Eyes of the Dragon (original title:The Napkins) was published without a trade edition in the works at the time. The trade edition of Eyes of the Dragon has important textual differences. Sold by lottery only (at least 3 were conducted), in three ads that ran in F/SF magazines, 1,000 black numbered-editions were sold in order that 250 red-numbered copies could be given as gifts to people on King's Christmas greeting list.
    A visual and tactile sensation, the book stands over 13" (33 CM) tall. The paper was intended to feel like fine linen (The Napkins).

Banned needfulthings is an unknown quantity at this point

The traycase shown is the one made BookLab and matches mine and I orded mine as soon as I recived the order info so that is a 1st edition case with the title horizontal. If I remember right I think I saw something about the 2nd edition and the title was vertical. The letter I got with my traycase is dated 1 May 1989.

Citizen of Gilead thegreattim will become famous soon enough thegreattim will become famous soon enough thegreattim's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Random question (possibly in the wrong thread as well) that I should know the answer to already and can't seem to find online in my research, but did King actually write the screenplay for Silver Bullet? Or was it adapted from Cycle by someone else? The CP of the book states that the screenplay is under copyright by Famous Films B.V., though that really doesn't tell me anything one way or the other.

Stephen King did indeed write the screenplay for Silver Bullet the script I have is dated Sept 19 1984 and it was also reprinted along with Cycle of the Werewolf by Signet (New American Library) in paperback Oct 1985.

Roont jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic's Avatar

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

The reprint volume was entitled Silver Bullet.

John

Citizen of Gilead thegreattim will become famous soon enough thegreattim will become famous soon enough thegreattim's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Thanks guys! I do have the reprint volume, which is where I garnered the film studio copyright info. Just wasn't sure about its true authorship. I don't think I saw this book in the SK wiki collectibles thread though. Should it be? Or is there another earlier publication that contains the screenplay as well that I am not aware of? If Silver Bullet is the first trade publication of said material, I would think it should be in there too. Just my thoughts, of course.

The only earlier publication is the script that would be like a proof so the paperback Silver Bullet is the 1st edition.

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by thegreattim View Post
    Thanks guys! I do have the reprint volume, which is where I garnered the film studio copyright info. Just wasn't sure about its true authorship. I don't think I saw this book in the SK wiki collectibles thread though. Should it be? Or is there another earlier publication that contains the screenplay as well that I am not aware of? If Silver Bullet is the first trade publication of said material, I would think it should be in there too. Just my thoughts, of course.
    Interesting question. King has written many screenplays, but to my knowledge only Storm of the Century is in the Catalog. Thoughts?

Of course they go in! They are written by the MAN and are totally different then other things he as written at least in format. The true 1st edition of Creepshow is the script the book is only a comic book adapation.

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

I would add Silver Bullet to the catalog. It IS the first printing of the screenplay.

John

Country
    Country Flag

Yeah, I agree as well, obviously. The catalog is always the first place I check when looking up SK book info, and I was honestly a little surprised when I saw that it was not in there. I assumed it must of had a prior publication somewhere that I was not aware of... but yeah. Any first printing screenplays should be included, imo.

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

If it is to be added (I don't own one), I would need the info and images to create the entry.

Can Toi Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck's Avatar

New Zealand (pronounced Noo Zeeland if you want to get the accent right...)
    My Mood
    Angelic
    Country
    Country Flag

Are you guys talking about this?

Country
    Country Flag

Indeed we are, sir!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 178 of 567 FirstFirst ... 78 128 168 176 177 178 179 180 188 228 278 ... LastLast