Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 110 of 567 FirstFirst ... 10 60 100 108 109 110 111 112 120 160 210 ... LastLast
Results 2,726 to 2,750 of 14172

Thread: Stephen King Collecting Questions

Gunslinger herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Of course there are not much informations so far, but it is possible to preorder the SK 2011 calendar :

http://www.bomcclub.com/pages/nm/pro...uId=1063787167
    ------------------------------------------------
    CLUB STEPHEN KING (french website about STEPHEN KING, since 1992) : on : Facebook | Twitter | Instagram

Guardian of the Beam ELazansky is just really nice ELazansky is just really nice ELazansky is just really nice ELazansky is just really nice ELazansky is just really nice ELazansky's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I found two different Fantasy & Science Fiction issues with Gunslinger stories in them this weekend (50 cents each at a library book sale). I wished I could have found all five. Is there any tried and true method to removing the mailing labels or am I better off just leaving them on?

Roont jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic's Avatar

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

Leave them on. I've never found a reliable method of removing them without damaging the cover.

John

From Sorrow to Hope Sam is on a distinguished road Sam's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

The best thing I have found is to either black out the address with a sharpee (this can damage your cover though) and leave the label alone or simply to leave the label alone completely. The only time I've seen those labels come off without damaging the book is when the label was so old the glue finally just gave up from sheer age.
    Margaret Emmie Mackey Catoe, you are, have been, and always will be my soulmate, and I love you.
    Con todo mi corazon, por todo de mis dias. And I always will, in this life and into the next.

August 2, 1947 - September 24, 2010

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

I don't see why one would black out the address. That's the way they came. Certainly copies W/O a sticker are considered more valuable, but if the sticker is there, I wouldn't mar it. Consider it the 'patina' of ephemera.

Gunslinger herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

( i dont really know whete to post this, so...
    The augus -current- issue of THE WRITER have king on the cover

I reckon that it is a reprint of a past interview but i aint sure at all. Could be an excerpt of ON WRITING as well)

http://www.writermag.com/en/The%20Ma...t%20Issue.aspx
    CLUB STEPHEN KING (french website about STEPHEN KING, since 1992) : on : Facebook | Twitter | Instagram

Goldmember carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by herbertwest View Post
    ( i dont really know whete to post this, so...
    The augus -current- issue of THE WRITER have king on the cover

I reckon that it is a reprint of a past interview but i aint sure at all. Could be an excerpt of ON WRITING as well)

http://www.writermag.com/en/The%20Ma...t%20Issue.aspx
    I picked one of those up yesterday at B&N. It is a reprint of King's article "Imagery and the Third Eye" which first ran in THE WRITER in October, 1980. It has been reprinted several times before, I think.

Country
    Country Flag

Thanks for the input :-)

Great Old One ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan's Avatar

I already posted this somewhere, but I had an older magazine (glossy cover) I wanted to remove the address sticker from. I just touched the label with the applicator tip (open of course) of a can of lighter fluid. The fluid immediately suffused the label, and a moment later it came right off, no mark left at all. I'm not saying this always works, but it worked for me.
    I'm sure if there is intelligent life somewhere out there in the universe, they are wise enough to stay away from us.

And the people bowed and prayed, to the cell phone god they made...

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by ur2ndbiggestfan View Post
    I already posted this somewhere, but I had an older magazine (glossy cover) I wanted to remove the address sticker from. I just touched the label with the applicator tip (open of course) of a can of lighter fluid. The fluid immediately suffused the label, and a moment later it came right off, no mark left at all. I'm not saying this always works, but it worked for me.
    Perhaps you posted in the HOW TO: Remove Stickers from Books
    thread.

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Randall Flagg View Post
    I don't see why one would black out the address.
    I would black out my own address before I sold it cause I'm paranoid that way. Someone else's wouldn't bother me at all.
    Margaret Emmie Mackey Catoe, you are, have been, and always will be my soulmate, and I love you.
    Con todo mi corazon, por todo de mis dias. And I always will, in this life and into the next.

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Sam View Post
    I would black out my own address before I sold it cause I'm paranoid that way. Someone else's wouldn't bother me at all.
    I am not sure if I have bought from or sold to you, but if you 'black out the address', but mail it someone, they would likely have your address. Are you trying to avert tertiary knowledge of your address?
    <-------Just rumination.

Citizen of Gilead surly is a jewel in the rough surly is a jewel in the rough surly is a jewel in the rough surly is a jewel in the rough surly's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

i saw a boook today that was described as having the dust jacket "professionaly restored to as new condition".
    What exactly does this mean and how is this done? Does it add to the value, detract or is it neutral.
    "When I have a little money, I buy books; and if I have any left, I buy food and clothes."
    Desiderius Erasmus Roterodamus

Rabid Billybumbler Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold

Quote Originally Posted by surly View Post
    i saw a boook today that was described as having the dust jacket "professionaly restored to as new condition".
    What exactly does this mean and how is this done? Does it add to the value, detract or is it neutral.
    Any restoration will always detract, or rather not be worth as much as a "pristine" d/j....but it will still be worth more than a mangled dust jacket would be.

I can only speak to restored comics, but I know they'll meticoulsy rethread the cover, and find the right shade of ink to match the original...it can be pretty in-depth and expensive, which is why it's only done for the most valuable copies...don't know how it would work for a d/j, though I guess it's basically the same.

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Sam View Post
    I am not sure if I have bought from or sold to you, but if you 'black out the address', but mail it someone, they would likely have your address. Are you trying to avert tertiary knowledge of your address?
    <-------Just rumination.
    I don't have any problem with someone having my address if I gave it to them, either by sending or receiving an item. It's the whole tertiary knowledge thing that concerns me. I think I worked in law enforcement too long.

Gunslinger Apprentice SkippyD023 is on a distinguished road SkippyD023's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I know I remember this being discussed before but I have not been able to track it down so I will ask it again, sorry.

What titles were printed for the Plume Softcover Collector's Editions. I know of the following, am I missing any from the list? Thanks.

Carrie
    Salem's Lot
    The Shining
    The Dead Zone
    Cujo

Servant of Gan e_taylor will become famous soon enough e_taylor's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by SkippyD023 View Post
    I know I remember this being discussed before but I have not been able to track it down so I will ask it again, sorry.

What title were all printed for the Plume Softcover Collector's Editions. I know of the following, am I missing any from the list? Thanks.

Carrie
    Salem's Lot
    The Shining
    The Dead Zone
    Cujo
    Firestarter as well. And thats it, just the six titles.

Great Old One ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan's Avatar

Collector's Editions.

I'm sure if there is intelligent life somewhere out there in the universe, they are wise enough to stay away from us.

And the people bowed and prayed, to the cell phone god they made...

Gunslinger Apprentice SkippyD023 is on a distinguished road SkippyD023's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Thanks e taylor and ur2ndbiggestfan, that is what I needed.

Country
    Country Flag

Where is that quote from?
    "French is the language that turns dirt into romance"

Word Slinger Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent's Avatar

Time (October 6, 1986)

Then there are plans to study French in order to finish Livre Noir, a detective story in French, "the language that turns dirt into romance."

Country
    Country Flag

Thanks bev!
    Therefore it is not really a quote, but a working title for a story that havent been published yet.

Honky Mahfah biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

Jeremy, I think it's not a working title, it's just a description of 'French' (sort of like saying: 'he speaks English, the language that turns romance into dirt').

Word Slinger Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent's Avatar

"Livre Noir" is the working title of the book that he never tackled. The words in quotes above are a direct quote -- the rest of it is paraphrase. In other words, he never said the exact sentence "French is the language that turns dirt into romance," but he did describe French as "the language that turns dirt into romance."

Country
    Country Flag

ok. And that description is in the link you gave me?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 110 of 567 FirstFirst ... 10 60 100 108 109 110 111 112 120 160 210 ... LastLast