Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 67 of 567 FirstFirst ... 17 57 65 66 67 68 69 77 117 167 ... LastLast
Results 1,651 to 1,675 of 14172

Thread: Stephen King Collecting Questions

Gunslinger herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Jaymo View Post
    I mean like a big, Never Ending Story style, leather bound monster book that has all 7 Dark Tower books in it.

That’d be great,
    Last september, a french publisher (J'ai Lu) have published the 7 books in 2 volumes.
    The books are MASSIVE, just like two big dictionnaries, and the texts are small.
    1428 & 1513 pages. 23x17cm.

The books are numbered and includes, as bonus, a full french bibliography of Stephen King

Original price was 80e for both of us
    A seller on ebay offer them for 40e the two of them, in shrinkwrap (sold)
    ------------------------------------------------
    CLUB STEPHEN KING (french website about STEPHEN KING, since 1992) : on : Facebook | Twitter | Instagram

Roont jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic's Avatar

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

Could you post some pictures, or at least a link? I'd like to see those, even if I don't speak French.

John

Gunslinger herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

yep. I updated my message with pix :-)
    I must have posted pictures that shows how thick they are... I just cant find them anymore and dont have access to my books...

Am pissed I didnt get the promo booklet from the publisher (as i have been told i would) coz it contains an excerpt...
    CLUB STEPHEN KING (french website about STEPHEN KING, since 1992) : on : Facebook | Twitter | Instagram

Roont jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic's Avatar

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

Those are pretty neat.

John

Gunslinger Apprentice DanishCollector will become famous soon enough

Default The Crate illustrator?

I got the Gallery magazine containing the first appearance of "The Crate" and I'm curious to know who the illustrator to King's story is. On the illustration it says Maffia which must be a last name. Usually the artist's full name is displayed, but not in this case. I've tried and googled it to no avail. So are anyone here familiar with this particular artist?

It's for my list of King illustrators.

Country
    Country Flag

Can you please post a picture?

It will may be reproduced in Knowing Darkness?

Country
    Country Flag

actually there is now a set on ebay. the seller decreased the price by 10e since last week

ebay # 290331772382
    http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...fvi%3D1&_rdc=1

oh and he made a mistake in the title...

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by herbertwest View Post
    actually there is now a set on ebay. the seller decreased the price by 10e since last week

ebay # 290331772382

Doesn't everyone spell it Stehpen??

John

Kate / Batwoman turtlex is on a distinguished road turtlex's Avatar

My Mood
    Gay

Quote Originally Posted by jhanic View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by herbertwest View Post

ebay # 290331772382

Doesn't everyone spell it Stehpen??

John
    Only his closest friends.
    The Man In Black Fled Across The Desert...

...And The Gunslinger Followed.

“I’m always on the Batman rule, sir.” - Kate Kane / Detective Comics 857

"It is the story, not he who tells it." Except to us collectors who have to put limits somewhere. - jhanic

Remember, Remember, The Fifth of November, The Gunpowder, Treason, and Plot.

Servant of Gan e_taylor will become famous soon enough e_taylor's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Just wondering what the original retail was on those "End of the Road" prints by Whelan?... the ones limited to 99 copies (a la the one from the Fundraiser).

Aside from the small limitation, was there anything else special about them that makes them seemingly never show up on the secondary market?

Billy Bumbler oy-the-brave will become famous soon enough oy-the-brave will become famous soon enough oy-the-brave's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by e_taylor View Post
    Just wondering what the original retail was on those "End of the Road" prints by Whelan?... the ones limited to 99 copies (a la the one from the Fundraiser).

Aside from the small limitation, was there anything else special about them that makes them seemingly never show up on the secondary market?
    Wow I did not know these had sold out, the original price I think was 495.00 and 595.00 for the A/P.

Big Coffin Hunter Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

400 was the price of the cheapest ones.
    Wanted list:
    Ubris

Goldmember carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by oy-the-brave View Post

Wow I did not know these had sold out, the original price I think was 495.00 and 595.00 for the A/P.
    I didn't even know there WAS a print of "End of the Road"!! How the heck did I miss that?

Servant of Gan e_taylor will become famous soon enough e_taylor's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I'm pretty sure its sold out anyways, I can't find it on the website anymore.

Was it some special type of print? Or was it extra big?

Or is the $200 difference between it and the other prints due to the limitation being 1/5th the size?

Gunslinger Apprentice Dr. Dawg is on a distinguished road Dr. Dawg's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I'm pretty sure its sold out anyways, I can't find it on the website anymore.

Was it some special type of print? Or was it extra big?

Or is the $200 difference between it and the other prints due to the limitation being 1/5th the size?
    I think it was a special print on canvas... I have a similar print from another artist and when it was side by side with the original there was hardly any difference between the two.

Gunslinger Apprentice DanishCollector will become famous soon enough

Sure. I'll get it done this weekend.

Big Coffin Hunter Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

Sorry, I made a mistake. When Bob mentioned the print, I remembered that End of the road is the one in the woods, not the endpaper...

The endpaper (Roland with the watch) is the one that costs 400 dls.
    Wanted list:
    Ubris

Gunslinger Apprentice SkippyD023 is on a distinguished road SkippyD023's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I have some questions that I have not seen asked or mentioned anywhere but was wondering what the opinion was regarding shrinkwrap on books.

1. Is a book worth more if it is still shrinkwrapped?
    2. In the long run will the book be damaged by the shrinkwrap? (Will the shrinkwrapp start to adhere to the book and wreck the DJ)

I have several limited edition books still in the shrinkwrap from the publisher and I am not sure if I should leave it on or remove it. I also see that the Collector's Set for the Under the Dome will be shrinkwrapped.

Any opinions/comments would be appreciated.

Billy Bumbler oy-the-brave will become famous soon enough oy-the-brave will become famous soon enough oy-the-brave's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by carlosdetweiller View Post

I didn't even know there WAS a print of "End of the Road"!! How the heck did I miss that?
    Are we calling it the wrong name, or maybe because He didn't refer to it as a giclee, I thought you got an A/P.

Rabid Billybumbler Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold

Quote Originally Posted by SkippyD023 View Post
    I have some questions that I have not seen asked or mentioned anywhere but was wondering what the opinion was regarding shrinkwrap on books.

1. Is a book worth more if it is still shrinkwrapped?
    2. In the long run will the book be damaged by the shrinkwrap? (Will the shrinkwrapp start to adhere to the book and wreck the DJ)

I have several limited edition books still in the shrinkwrap from the publisher and I am not sure if I should leave it on or remove it. I also see that the Collector's Set for the Under the Dome will be shrinkwrapped.

Any opinions/comments would be appreciated.
    1. Maybe...
    2. Maybe too...

I would take it off...I used to leave it on, but I didn't like how it looked, and I did worry it could peel gilt, etc. off...

As for the UtD collector's set, without it being signed, it's not going to be worth anything as a collectible anyway.

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Rahfa View Post
    As for the UtD collector's set, without it being signed, it's not going to be worth anything as a collectible anyway.
    I don't think I completely agree with this statement. I don't see any real increase in value, but I don't see, with only 25,000 copies being done, any real drop either. I think, long range, that it will stay about at the original price.

John

Along the Path of the Beam kacod is on a distinguished road

Country
    Country Flag

Skippy I agree with Rahfa - I don't like the way it looks on the shelf. Plus part of why I love my books is so that I can (VERY VERY carefully) actually look thru them from time to time (or at least once, when I get it).

I'll often see "shrinkwrapped" stuff on EBay and you really have to wonder if it is from the publisher since those machines are easily available now. I too have often wondered if over time it does damage to the DJ - collectors who collect the really old stuff - like Dickens, etc - have told me the paper needs to 'breathe.' BS? Who knows...

Goldmember carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by carlosdetweiller View Post

Are we calling it the wrong name, or maybe because He didn't refer to it as a giclee, I thought you got an A/P.
    It's probably me that was confused. I have the giclee print of the endpapers. For some reason I was thinking of the image of Roland carrying Jake's body in the forest. I think I am clear on this now.

Gunslinger Apprentice SkippyD023 is on a distinguished road SkippyD023's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Thank you everyone for your responses regarding the shrinkwrap.

I now have another question, this one regarding the first trade edition of Different Seasons. I found a copy that has all the information as noted in the Collectibles Catalog but it also has a number line with the numbers 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10. Was the number line added for the second printing and everyone after that?

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

Yes. That's a second printing.

John

+ Reply to Thread
Page 67 of 567 FirstFirst ... 17 57 65 66 67 68 69 77 117 167 ... LastLast