Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 567 of 567 FirstFirst ... 67 467 517 557 565 566 567
Results 14,151 to 14,171 of 14171

Thread: Stephen King Collecting Questions

Demon of the Prim Ben Eads is just really nice Ben Eads is just really nice Ben Eads is just really nice Ben Eads is just really nice Ben Eads is just really nice Ben Eads's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Randall Flagg View Post
    They should remain stable for many years.
    Thanks, Randall. That is a relief.

Once I finish moving, and get my books out of storage, I want to install The Shining dust jacket on the book. I love the wrap-around art that Vincent Chong did for that one. But... how do I get the dust jacket out of the tube without hurting it? I searched youtube and couldn't find anything.

Anyone know of a tutorial or have experience with that? Again, thank you!

Gunslinger Apprentice Curly has a spectacular aura about Curly has a spectacular aura about

I've had mine in the original tubes without any problems.

"I'm working on my sense of humor" Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an's Avatar

“No matter how cynical you get, it is impossible to keep up” -Lily Tomlin
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Ben Eads View Post

Once I finish moving, and get my books out of storage, I want to install The Shining dust jacket on the book. I love the wrap-around art that Vincent Chong did for that one. But... how do I get the dust jacket out of the tube without hurting it? I searched youtube and couldn't find anything.

I can tell you what I do. I remove or cut the tape from the end cap. I remove the end cap and look in the tube. If the dustjacket/poster is near the open edge*; I put two or three clean fingers into the tube, expand my fingers and twist slightly to loosen the item, then pull my fingers slightly out of the tube. Either the dustjacket will come out too or it will want to twist and stick in the tube. If it comes out nicely, while still holding my fingers inside the dustjacket I grip the edge with my thumb and completely remove the dustjacket. If it twists, push it back into the tube and try again.

*If the dustjacket is deep into the tube then open the other end and extract from that end.
    "One day you're going to figure out that everything they taught you was a lie."

Demon of the Prim Ben Eads is just really nice Ben Eads is just really nice Ben Eads is just really nice Ben Eads is just really nice Ben Eads is just really nice Ben Eads's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Curly View Post
    I've had mine in the original tubes without any problems.
    Thanks, Curly. I think I'll keep the others in tubes, thanks to the feedback that they'll be fine. =)

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Br!an View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Ben Eads View Post

I can tell you what I do. I remove or cut the tape from the end cap. I remove the end cap and look in the tube. If the dustjacket/poster is near the open edge*; I put two or three clean fingers into the tube, expand my fingers and twist slightly to loosen the item, then pull my fingers slightly out of the tube. Either the dustjacket will come out too or it will want to twist and stick in the tube. If it comes out nicely, while still holding my fingers inside the dustjacket I grip the edge with my thumb and completely remove the dustjacket. If it twists, push it back into the tube and try again.

*If the dustjacket is deep into the tube then open the other end and extract from that end.
    Thank you so much, Br!an! That makes a lot of sense. Once I finish moving, and get everything sorted, I'll give that a shot and let you know how it turned out. This is my first time, so wish me luck!

Great Old One ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan's Avatar

How many states of KNOWING DARKNESS are there?
    Is there a post about this somewhere on this site?
    I'm sure if there is intelligent life somewhere out there in the universe, they are wise enough to stay away from us.

And the people bowed and prayed, to the cell phone god they made...

"I'm working on my sense of humor" Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

There are two editions. There were some deluxe that came with the option of a Whelan drawing. There are also prints.

https://www.centipedepress.com/art/skart.html

https://www.thedarktower.org/palaver...Whelan-drawing

Great Old One ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan's Avatar

There are two editions. There were some deluxe that came with the option of a Whelan drawing. There are also prints.

Thanks for that. I must have the traycased edition then, still in the shrink-wrap, which is what was confusing me. I can't even remember where or who I bought it from.
    I'm sure if there is intelligent life somewhere out there in the universe, they are wise enough to stay away from us.

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by ur2ndbiggestfan View Post

Thanks for that. I must have the traycased edition then, still in the shrink-wrap, which is what was confusing me. I can't even remember where or who I bought it from.
    The slipcased edition is twice the size of a normal coffee table book. The traycased edition is ridiculously large.

What would be a fair price to pay for a NM copy of the coffin-box THE STAND?

Special Projects Manager mmalling is a jewel in the rough mmalling is a jewel in the rough mmalling is a jewel in the rough mmalling's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

EDIT: updated to same numbers as Kris after actually looking at my spreadsheet
    $4000-$4500
    ISO:
    - LSOE AE Remarque
    - Signed Everything's Eventual US 1st
    - Other Dark Tower Remarques

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

These were getting $5k all day but have dropped in the last 3-4 months. I'd say $4000-4500 is the going rate. I have a flawless one for sale that has no issues at all.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Thanks guys!

Thinking........

What is 'The New Lieutenant's Rap' going for nowadays and (depending on price) does anyone have one for sale?

Gunslinger Apprentice Curly has a spectacular aura about Curly has a spectacular aura about

What is 'The New Lieutenant's Rap' going for nowadays and (depending on price) does anyone have one for sale?
    Last one on Facebook went for $5995.

Gunslinger Apprentice mcbanick has a spectacular aura about mcbanick has a spectacular aura about mcbanick has a spectacular aura about mcbanick's Avatar

It depends on whether you want just the chapbook or if you want the set. The latter, I think runs around $15K+ depending on what is included. I have a copy I wasn’t planning to sell, but could be persuaded if you want to send me a PM
    WANTED
    DT Limiteds #293, #398
    70s Inscribed Stand
    70s Inscribed Shining
    YOP Inscribed Firestarter

Quote Originally Posted by mcbanick View Post
    It depends on whether you want just the chapbook or if you want the set. The latter, I think runs around $15K+ depending on what is included. I have a copy I wasn’t planning to sell, but could be persuaded if you want to send me a PM
    I never knew (or had forgotten) the whole story behind this book, which I just read on The Collector site. I must give this some thought.
    Thanks for the replies!

President-Matt Fisher Fan Club Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute

My Mood
    Asleep

I never knew (or had forgotten) the whole story behind this book, which I just read on The Collector site. I must give this some thought.
    Thanks for the replies!
    I have no issues not having the quiz or medal…. I really love the chapbook

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I have a FULL SET. This is for sale in a custom Suntup one of one case. It has quiz in glass case, necklace with box and tissue paper, top Gordon signed, chapbook and pease envelope. It's literally the entire set in fine condition. It's $20k and long term payments accepted if you're looking.

HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Roseannebarr View Post
    Thanks for the replies!
    I have no issues not having the quiz or medal…. I really love the chapbook
    Quiz I could care less about ... with ya there but I HAD to have that peace necklace. Just too cool not to.

HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Big Coffin Hunter Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

Today I surfed this topic from the first page to 30 something, and I plan to go on until I reach the current one.

Such great info shared, discussions, discoveries. What an awesome community we built here since 2007. It's sad to see posts from people who found the clearing at the end of the path but also warming to remember them.

This place has always been one of those corners where I felt welcome and for that I'll be grateful forever.
    Wanted list:
    Ubris

+ Reply to Thread
Page 567 of 567 FirstFirst ... 67 467 517 557 565 566 567