Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 483 of 567 FirstFirst ... 383 433 473 481 482 483 484 485 493 533 ... LastLast
Results 12,051 to 12,075 of 14170

Thread: Stephen King Collecting Questions

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by jreitan47 View Post
    Here's a couple so far. She's not a collector, just a long time fan, and hasn't sent the best images. Just trying to give her a ball park figure to go start.
    The top of the DJ on the spine is marred, thus not very fine. At best, given the pics provided, (without more pics, that can make sure there isn't some fade to the spine) the dj is AT best VG+ of NF-.
    Can't comment on the book itself, but if her assessment of the books shape is the same as what she graded the dj, it's likely less than Very Fine.

Let's go with this. 1st 1st Gunslinger with VG+ DJ, and VG+ book: $450-$600.
    NF DJ and NF book: $600-$700
    Fine DJ and book: $700-$1k (the DJ then becomes as or more valuable than the book.).

Just one guys opinion.

Citizen of Gilead jreitan47 is just really nice jreitan47 is just really nice jreitan47 is just really nice jreitan47 is just really nice jreitan47 is just really nice jreitan47's Avatar

Thank you RF, I appreciate the quick figures. I haven't seen much of the book either so it is really hard to tell. I'll try to get better pics out of her, especially if someone here might be interested in offering a price to her.
    ~Jonathan

Gunslinger Apprentice Phalucha is a jewel in the rough Phalucha is a jewel in the rough Phalucha is a jewel in the rough Phalucha is a jewel in the rough Phalucha's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

The Simon and Schuster people don't know what they are in for...stupid printing error. Now I have to go back to Chapters and buy a copy tomorrow. I too thought there was a first printing that somehow alluded me!

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Does anyone know where I can find a IT gift edition? Or have one to sell? It's for a friend.... mine has Remarques or I would hook her up with mine...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Gunslinger herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

One on ebay with 1 bid @ $445
    >>> http://www.ebay.com/itm/Stephen-King...UAAOSwyBlZe1nq

Otherwise, another copy for a bit less than twice that price on abebooks...
    >>> https://www.abebooks.com/servlet/Sea...ry+dance&isbn=
    ------------------------------------------------
    CLUB STEPHEN KING (french website about STEPHEN KING, since 1992) : on : Facebook | Twitter | Instagram

Guardian of the Beam peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Tommy View Post
    Have the UK CtCC and GBB gone into second printings yet? I would like to order them from Book Depository but worried I might get later printings.
    I was late to the game on this UK GBB, too. Mine just arrived today from the Book Depository - first printing.

Maerlyn's Imp HONKYTONKSMASH has much to be proud of HONKYTONKSMASH has much to be proud of HONKYTONKSMASH has much to be proud of HONKYTONKSMASH has much to be proud of HONKYTONKSMASH has much to be proud of HONKYTONKSMASH has much to be proud of HONKYTONKSMASH has much to be proud of HONKYTONKSMASH has much to be proud of HONKYTONKSMASH has much to be proud of HONKYTONKSMASH has much to be proud of HONKYTONKSMASH's Avatar

My Mood
    Cool
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by peripheral View Post
    Have the UK CtCC and GBB gone into second printings yet? I would like to order them from Book Depository but worried I might get later printings.
    I was late to the game on this UK GBB, too. Mine just arrived today from the Book Depository - first printing.
    Same here. Mine just arrived, both first printings

Load up the Spaceship with the Rocket Fuel

Gunslinger Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by HONKYTONKSMASH View Post

Yay! Mine should be here soon as well. Thanks for the update guys.

Servant of Gan Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Did "The Art Of Skeleton Crew A Scream/Press Portfolio" come with the poster?

Banned needfulthings is an unknown quantity at this point

No the poster only came with the S/Ls. NUMBERED & LETTERED.

Servant of Gan Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Thanks.

Gunslinger Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy's Avatar

Yay! Mine should be here soon as well. Thanks for the update guys.
    Looks like my UK GBB is a fourth printing But CtCC is a first! Just imagine the remarque possibilities on these enormous books!

BOY! Talk about low print runs.....Looks like a case of the early bird gets the worm!

Rabid Billybumbler DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

I seem to recall an interesting discussion on how to insure one's book collection. Can someone please point me in the right direction.

Maerlyn's Imp HONKYTONKSMASH has much to be proud of HONKYTONKSMASH has much to be proud of HONKYTONKSMASH has much to be proud of HONKYTONKSMASH has much to be proud of HONKYTONKSMASH has much to be proud of HONKYTONKSMASH has much to be proud of HONKYTONKSMASH has much to be proud of HONKYTONKSMASH has much to be proud of HONKYTONKSMASH has much to be proud of HONKYTONKSMASH has much to be proud of HONKYTONKSMASH's Avatar

My Mood
    Cool
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by DoctorZaius View Post
    I seem to recall an interesting discussion on how to insure one's book collection. Can someone please point me in the right direction.

http://www.thedarktower.org/palaver/...r-Collectibles

Rabid Billybumbler DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by DoctorZaius View Post

http://www.thedarktower.org/palaver/...r-Collectibles
    Thanks so much!

Guardian of the Beam peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Has anyone ever purchased from Heritage Auctions? If so, how did you find the process? Straightforward? Anyone from outside the US used them (I have read that the OS shipping they use can be prohibitive in $$$)... Thanks.

"I'm working on my sense of humor" Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an's Avatar

“No matter how cynical you get, it is impossible to keep up” -Lily Tomlin
    Country
    Country Flag

Has anyone ever purchased from Heritage Auctions? If so, how did you find the process? Straightforward? Anyone from outside the US used them (I have read that the OS shipping they use can be prohibitive in $$$)... Thanks.
    I've bought from them.

The process isn't too bad. You do need to pay attention to the details though. You will have to pay for the item, for the buyer's premium and for shipping.

They have different shipping pricing for different items and quantities. The information is all there. You just have to find it and understand it.

They do a good job packaging and ship FedEx.

edit: One example about shipping: I won an auction for a lot of John Updike ephemera. I had only purchased single items at that point. This lot had around 20 items. They charge a set amount for the first item and extra for each additional item. I ended up paying more for shipping than for the items themselves.
    "One day you're going to figure out that everything they taught you was a lie."

Country
    Country Flag

Thx Brian

Demon of the Prim TCCBodhi is a splendid one to behold TCCBodhi is a splendid one to behold TCCBodhi is a splendid one to behold TCCBodhi is a splendid one to behold TCCBodhi is a splendid one to behold TCCBodhi is a splendid one to behold TCCBodhi is a splendid one to behold TCCBodhi's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Should I buy a 1st Prime Evil with a fair DJ for 6.99? What about a ND 1st/2ND of The Stephen king illustrated companion by Bev Vincent for 24.99?
    WANTED
    US 1st Printings. I have THESE
    #92 IT Portfolio (or the #95 IT to swap for the #92 that I have)
    Any #95 SK-related Cemetery Dance Edition
    Any #7 PS Publishing Edition
    Sleeping Beauties: Signed Tour version.

NO! You will just want to get one with a better DJ later on anyway & NO 2nd editions.(They have no value except to read)

Wizard of End-World wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow's Avatar

My Mood
    Busy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Br!an View Post
    I've bought from them.

The process isn't too bad. You do need to pay attention to the details though. You will have to pay for the item, for the buyer's premium and for shipping.

They have different shipping pricing for different items and quantities. The information is all there. You just have to find it and understand it.

They do a good job packaging and ship FedEx.

edit: One example about shipping: I won an auction for a lot of John Updike ephemera. I had only purchased single items at that point. This lot had around 20 items. They charge a set amount for the first item and extra for each additional item. I ended up paying more for shipping than for the items themselves.
    I purchased from them many years ago and I agree totally with the above...just watch all the add-on fees.

I bought/won two Wrightson prelims for DT V Wolves of the Calla.....got em for $750 each.

Dragline : Nothin'. A handful of nothin'. You stupid mullet head. He beat you with nothin'. Just like today when he kept comin' back at me - with nothin'.
    Luke : Yeah, well, sometimes nothin' can be a real cool hand

Demon of the Prim TCCBodhi is a splendid one to behold TCCBodhi is a splendid one to behold TCCBodhi is a splendid one to behold TCCBodhi is a splendid one to behold TCCBodhi is a splendid one to behold TCCBodhi is a splendid one to behold TCCBodhi is a splendid one to behold TCCBodhi's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by needfulthings View Post
    NO! You will just want to get one with a better DJ later on anyway & NO 2nd editions.(They have no value except to read)
    Thanks, I got them both for the moment. The Prime Evil will be fine as a reading copy/placeholder. I'm not all that interested in collecting all of the various Anthologies at the moment, so this will do for now (and probably for quite a while).

The Illustrated Companion I'll likely take back to HPB, but it'll be nice to get a glimpse at it before it goes back. It looks like a fun book. Thanks for putting it together Bev!

Gunslinger herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Regarding THE COLORADO KID

According to the skcollector website : http://www.skcollector.com/uklimited/coloradokid.html
    There is a lettered edition that I do not see in the catalog of this board. And, 100 lettered copies : how come??
    CLUB STEPHEN KING (french website about STEPHEN KING, since 1992) : on : Facebook | Twitter | Instagram

Bastard Son of Cort stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by herbertwest View Post
    Regarding THE COLORADO KID

According to the skcollector website : http://www.skcollector.com/uklimited/coloradokid.html
    There is a lettered edition that I do not see in the catalog of this board. And, 100 lettered copies : how come??
    Tomas is incorrect. There is no lettered edition, just a smaller numbered edition (33 of each Author - so 99, not 100) that is the equivalent of a lettered. Each book is traycased with colour and art work specific to each of the three authors. It is also signed by King and all of the authors, plus Charles Ardai.

Chadbourne
    Miller
    Potter
    "A real limited edition, far from being an expensive autograph stapled to a novel, is a treasure. And like all treasures do, it transforms the responsible owner into a caretaker, and being a caretaker of something as fragile and easily destroyed as ideas and images is not a bad thing but a good one...and so is the re-evaluation of what books are and what they do that necessarily follows." - Stephen King

+ Reply to Thread
Page 483 of 567 FirstFirst ... 383 433 473 481 482 483 484 485 493 533 ... LastLast