Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 125 of 567 FirstFirst ... 25 75 115 123 124 125 126 127 135 175 225 ... LastLast
Results 3,101 to 3,125 of 14175

Thread: Stephen King Collecting Questions

Goldmember Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker's Avatar

My Mood
    Amused
    Country
    Country Flag

"You're gonna need a bigger boat." -Chief Martin Brody

Along the Path of the Beam lordmerchant is on a distinguished road

thanks for all the help, I dont have a collection with any limited editons etc (almost entirely used books), thought I would try to catalogue what I have and try to find a hardback copy of each title. I have been quite happy to find I have a few DT first editions though - a bargain buy I think for £2.49 each!
    Only equals speak the truth. Friends and lovers lie endlessly, caught in the web or regard.

Along the Path of the Beam lordmerchant is on a distinguished road

@Randall, that is excellent, thanks very much!
    Only equals speak the truth. Friends and lovers lie endlessly, caught in the web or regard.

Citizen of Gilead pixiedark76 will become famous soon enough pixiedark76 will become famous soon enough pixiedark76's Avatar

My Mood
    Bored
    Country
    Country Flag

Today I got a book from an e-bay seller. The seller said in the description that this book was a Pet Sematary first edition and that it was new. Here are some pictures.

As you can see the price is $17.95 instead of $15.95. There is also foxing and the dust jacket is dirty. I am very disappointed in this book. The seller says that he does not accept any returns. I gave the seller negative feedback. What do you think?

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

I think you were burned and have a strong reason to leave negative feedback. I also recommend initiating a claim through the ebay resolution center. If you were fortunate enough to charge the item, I would dispute the charge.

Rabid Billybumbler Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold

What RF said...it's not a first edition, so this isn't a question of "not accepting refunds." He didn't sell what he claimed he did.

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Forgot to ask. How much did you pay for the book? Not relevant to being burned, just wondering.

Goldmember carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute

I would tell the seller that you are returning the book because it is not as described. Don't pay any attention to his "no refund" policy. Just tell him it is on the way back and do it. Put delivery confirmation on it so you have proof. Initiate claim through PayPal and/or your credit card issuer. I am almost certain you will win in the end but it may take several weeks for complete resolution. Keep the photos you posted in case someone asks (but I have never been asked and I have done this maybe five times in the past). Good luck.

Goldmember carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute

Also, if you paid by credit card (even if through PayPal) go ahead and call customer service now. Tell them you are disputing the charge and tell them why. They will issue an immediate (but potentially temporary) credit to your card for the disputed amount. In my case my card issuer then sends me a short form via snail mail to fill out and return. About a month later I have always gotten notification that the credit is now permanent.

Can Toi Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck's Avatar

New Zealand (pronounced Noo Zeeland if you want to get the accent right...)
    My Mood
    Angelic
    Country
    Country Flag

Is there somewhere here you can name and shame the seller too?

Honky Mahfah biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by jimimck View Post
    Is there somewhere here you can name and shame the seller too?
    Yes, in this thread: http://www.thedarktower.org/palaver/...ike-the-Plague

Traveler Oy-Boy is on a distinguished road

Default How to Acquire Limited Edition Hardcovers?

I'm new to collecting books and hope this thread will provide some information on best practices.

I really want to acquire some signed limited edition copies of The Dark Tower series but not sure how to do this. Simple Google searches provide results with some online retailers but I don't want to fall prey to scams. I'm want the genuine article from trusted sources.

Does anybody have suggestions on the best way to approach this endeavor?

Thanks to all who contribute!

Roont jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic's Avatar

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

Oy-Boy, the best source is through Betts Books, owned by our own wizardsrainbow (David Williamson). Link is:

http://www.bettsbooks.com/w95020ai.html#girl

They are expensive, however.

John

Thanks John!

Citizen of Gilead Dolso is just really nice Dolso is just really nice Dolso is just really nice Dolso is just really nice Dolso's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Oy-Boy View Post
    I'm new to collecting books and hope this thread will provide some information on best practices.

I really want to acquire some signed limited edition copies of The Dark Tower series but not sure how to do this. Simple Google searches provide results with some online retailers but I don't want to fall prey to scams. I'm want the genuine article from trusted sources.

Does anybody have suggestions on the best way to approach this endeavor?

Thanks to all who contribute!
    Welcome Oy-Boy~

Oh ..where to start??????
    Members of this site often sell their S/L editions ~ try posting a note of what you're looking for in the "Collectible Classified" thread.
    A post on the thread "King books/items wanted would probably also yield some results.
    Betts Books (bettsbooks.com) is an excellent web store to look over what's available. The owner is also an active member here. There are also active threads on various publishers.
    Read through the various threads & posts to get a feel for what folks are recommending or currently talking about.

Good luck ~~ I'm sure others will have lots more recommendations.
    www.bookslipcase.com

Selling my collection of books and some cases

Honky Mahfah biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

And you can always ask the community here for advice/thoughts on any book you locate online before 'biting the bullet' - I think it's safe to say that this forum hosts the most knowledgeable group of King collectors in the world.

Country
    Country Flag

By the way, when it comes to signed/limited editions you can be pretty sure that once you find one through an online retailer, it pretty much has to be the real deal. They are usually too distinct in design and production values (and the presence of a limitation page of course) to be mistaken for anything else. So I think you don't need to worry about a potential seller in that respect. But you are right in that you need to be sure that the asking price reflects the market and the condition of the book. And like I said, we're here to help you out and provide a second opinion.

Gunslinger Apprentice MLG is a jewel in the rough MLG is a jewel in the rough MLG is a jewel in the rough MLG is a jewel in the rough MLG's Avatar

I would recommend signing up for the newsletters of the small press companies who have produced books you are interested in. It is a good way to learn about what they have to offer and they often notify the mailing lists of deals they have.

All really good advice.

Citizen of Gilead thegreattim will become famous soon enough thegreattim will become famous soon enough thegreattim's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I'll second the newsletters, that is where I have found out about most of mine. Also, if the price is reasonable, I'd prefer to buy new from the publisher rather than on the secondary market. And I've yet to see a King S/L depreciate in value. Though that is not strictly always the case for all of the gift editions.

Be wary with the newsletters though! You'll soon see so many new books you want, you'll go broke!

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by thegreattim View Post
    Be wary with the newsletters though! You'll soon see so many new books you want, you'll go broke!
    Rea-allly?

Citizen of Gilead thegreattim will become famous soon enough thegreattim will become famous soon enough thegreattim's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by biomieg View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by thegreattim View Post
    Rea-allly?
    If it wasn't for those dastardly newsletters, I'd be the very proud owner of my first King S/L today.

Other worlds Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Welcome to TheDarkTower.org, Oy-Boy. Glad to have you here.

Another great source of information on SK limited editions - including price ranges to expect (updated monthly) and links to books for sale, would be The Collector. The owner, Tomas, is also a member here. Generally speaking, you should be able to obtain collectible books at the low end of the ranges that he quotes.
    "...that Siren which called and sang and promised so much and gave, after all, so little." ~ Ray Bradbury

Great Old One ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan's Avatar

I agree with Tim about buying books directly from the publishers, even if you can find them cheaper on the secondary markets soon after, especially if you are as interested in the ever sought after 'mint condition' state as I am.

Some highly recommended sellers besides those already mentioned are L.W. Currey (New York) and The Fine Book Company (Michigan). They are not cheap, but they have the good stuff!
    I'm sure if there is intelligent life somewhere out there in the universe, they are wise enough to stay away from us.

And the people bowed and prayed, to the cell phone god they made...

Other worlds Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Does anyone know of a suitable aftermarket slipcase for the U.K. signed limited edition of INSOMNIA?
    Thanks.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 125 of 567 FirstFirst ... 25 75 115 123 124 125 126 127 135 175 225 ... LastLast