Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 150 of 567 FirstFirst ... 50 100 140 148 149 150 151 152 160 200 250 ... LastLast
Results 3,726 to 3,750 of 14175

Thread: Stephen King Collecting Questions

Vagrant Dead frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I'd say my Lettered Regulators is probably my favorite King limited[/QUOTE]

One day I hope to be able to say the same thing.
    It's #1 on my want list.

sk

Weedeater Tito_Villa is a glorious beacon of light Tito_Villa is a glorious beacon of light Tito_Villa is a glorious beacon of light Tito_Villa is a glorious beacon of light Tito_Villa is a glorious beacon of light Tito_Villa is a glorious beacon of light Tito_Villa's Avatar

My Mood
    Sleepy
    Country
    Country Flag

What sort of price would i be looking at in the future for decent copies of 1st editions of

Carrie
    Salem's Lot
    Night Shift
    UK Shining

Thanks

Goldmember Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

Just as for the US editions, it depends on quality. The price differencealone between Fine and VG could be $1000 for each book.

Weedeater Tito_Villa is a glorious beacon of light Tito_Villa is a glorious beacon of light Tito_Villa is a glorious beacon of light Tito_Villa is a glorious beacon of light Tito_Villa is a glorious beacon of light Tito_Villa is a glorious beacon of light Tito_Villa's Avatar

My Mood
    Sleepy
    Country
    Country Flag

Yeah i can't afford fine copies but i would like if possible ot eventually get my hands on very good ones!

Citizen of Gilead olverts will become famous soon enough olverts will become famous soon enough olverts's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I have a chance to buy WHISPERS Volume 5 S/L for $115 in almost new condition
    Is that a good price ?
    The ones listed on abe are $200 and up
    Thanks in advance !

Goldmember carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by olverts View Post
    Is that a good price ?
    Thanks in advance !
    I think that is a reasonable price. I don't think I have ever seen one sell cheaper.

Can Toi WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

Does the slipcase for Postscripts with Hill and King has lettering on it or is it just a plain cloth slipcase?

Thanks

Citizen of Gilead olverts will become famous soon enough olverts will become famous soon enough olverts's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by carlosdetweiller View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by olverts View Post
    Is that a good price ?
    Thanks in advance !
    I think that is a reasonable price. I don't think I have ever seen one sell cheaper.
    Ok , just bought it
    Thanks for the help

Goldmember carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by WeDealInLead View Post
    Does the slipcase for Postscripts with Hill and King has lettering on it or is it just a plain cloth slipcase?

Thanks
    Gold color with black lettering on the spine only. Front and back of slipcase have no lettering.

Citizen of Gilead Dolso is just really nice Dolso is just really nice Dolso is just really nice Dolso is just really nice Dolso's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Posted in another thread by Justincase...

" I love the Less Than Human lettered.. the grey paper and the colored lettering (I think Joe Lansdale does the intro..). Never got a wooden coffin either but Dave did get me a dust jacket for it from the regular limited instead. Overlook Connection made some amazing stuff back then. I wonder if Dave ever made a lettered of Micheal Marshall Smith's classic novel Spares... it was supposed to be a wooden case with frosted glass lit and a "hand" etched into the frosted glass somehow. I remember seeing some kind of prototype designs. I love the limited (had extra and expunged chapter as I recall)

Phil"

If this is the same one you're talking about......signed by M.M. Smith, Neil Gaiman, and Alan Clark?
    Is this the case you were talking about?

Then this was engraved on the back side of the slip case.....

www.bookslipcase.com

Selling my collection of books and some cases

Can Toi WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by carlosdetweiller View Post

Thanks
    Gold color with black lettering on the spine only. Front and back of slipcase have no lettering.
    Thanks! That just made up my mind as to what edition I'll be getting. I'd have gone with a non-slipcased edition if it were just a plain cloth slipcase. Not a fan of those considering the mark up.

Citizen of Gilead surly is a jewel in the rough surly is a jewel in the rough surly is a jewel in the rough surly is a jewel in the rough surly's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I always seem to post things that have already covered -- for the record, I always search first but never seem to find anything.
    Anyhow, this must have come up before but has anyone every successfully replaced the battery in MY PRETTY PONY? I'd love to try but if I muck it up there's no turning back.
    "When I have a little money, I buy books; and if I have any left, I buy food and clothes."
    Desiderius Erasmus Roterodamus

Quote Originally Posted by surly View Post
    I always seem to post things that have already covered -- for the record, I always search first but never seem to find anything.
    Anyhow, this must have come up before but has anyone every successfully replaced the battery in MY PRETTY PONY? I'd love to try but if I muck it up there's no turning back.
    Yes. I have done it. The cover comes off easily and the "clock" comes right out. It is about the cheapest timepiece you could ever imagine. But then no one was ever really supposed to see it. It seemed pretty fragile to me so I took it to a jewelry store where I knew the people and had them pop out the old battery and put in the new one. It's simple to do. Just be really careful (I know I don't need to say this) not to scratch the outer finish of the book while you are taking it apart or putting it back together.

Citizen of Gilead surly is a jewel in the rough surly is a jewel in the rough surly is a jewel in the rough surly is a jewel in the rough surly's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

well, that boosts my confidence a little. thanks Bob, i'll give it a try.
    "When I have a little money, I buy books; and if I have any left, I buy food and clothes."
    Desiderius Erasmus Roterodamus

Rabid Billybumbler Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold

I think I read somewhere thatin Pretty Pony, "the battery was expected to wear out and was part of the book's charm" or something equally pretentious...so I don't think it would affect value or anything.

But, like Bob did, if you have a working clock, that puts you one up on everyone else...

Country
    Country Flag

My copy of The Waste Lands S/L comes with a trade edition DJ. Anyone else's the same? I looked at the Grant website for information. They list all DJs that are available and unavailable but there's only one kind of a jacket for TWL S/L.

My copy of The Waste Lands S/L comes with a trade edition DJ. Anyone else's the same? I looked at the Grant website for information. They list all DJs that are available and unavailable but there's only one kind of a jacket for TWL S/L.
    That is the way they all are. Yours is OK.

Rabid Billybumbler Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook's Avatar

My Mood
    Busy
    Country
    Country Flag

I posted a photo copy of mine yesterday.
    http://www.thedarktower.org/palaver/...l=1#post614105

“The battle between good and evil is endlessly fascinating because we are participants every day.” - Stephen King

Other worlds Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by surly View Post
    well, that boosts my confidence a little. thanks Bob, i'll give it a try.
    Throw back a few belts to steady your nerves, then go for it!
    "...that Siren which called and sang and promised so much and gave, after all, so little." ~ Ray Bradbury

Billy Bumbler oy-the-brave will become famous soon enough oy-the-brave will become famous soon enough oy-the-brave's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Rahfa View Post
    I think I read somewhere thatin Pretty Pony, "the battery was expected to wear out and was part of the book's charm" or something equally pretentious...so I don't think it would affect value or anything.

But, like Bob did, if you have a working clock, that puts you one up on everyone else...
    I would not worry about having a working clock but I definately would replace regularly or remove the battery as they will eventually leak and corode the insides and once that happens it will never work again.

Rabid Billybumbler Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold

Quote Originally Posted by oy-the-brave View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Rahfa View Post

I would not worry about having a working clock but I definately would replace regularly or remove the battery as they will eventually leak and corode the insides and once that happens it will never work again.
    Good idea!

I don't own it, so never had to think about it.

Demon of the Prim east-tennessee is just really nice east-tennessee is just really nice east-tennessee is just really nice east-tennessee is just really nice

Country
    Country Flag

I am looking at purchasing a Black House limited edition, the limitation # is in the 1100's.
    My question is if/when a Talisman 3 comes out how many copies do you think King would authorize for the new book?
    I would hope to own a Black House Limited in the # range to be quailified to purchase the Talisman 3..that is if Grant is the pubilsher...
    With the latest announcement of only 800 of The Wind Through The keyhole I would guess there would 1000 or less of Talisman 3 if it ever comes out......

Thanks Brian.

Banned Ric is an unknown quantity at this point

My Mood
    Angry

If Grant sticks to their standard M.O. then having a Black House won't mean squat when (if?) Talisman 3 comes out. All that will matter is having a S/L edition of whatever the most recent King book Grant had published up to that time. When Black House came out, you had to have a S/L Wizard & Glass to get one. Having a S/L Talisman didn't mean jack.

Can Toi Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck's Avatar

New Zealand (pronounced Noo Zeeland if you want to get the accent right...)
    My Mood
    Angelic
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Ric View Post
    If Grant sticks to their standard M.O. then having a Black House won't mean squat when (if?) Talisman 3 comes out. All that will matter is having a S/L edition of whatever the most recent King book Grant had published up to that time. When Black House came out, you had to have a S/L Wizard & Glass to get one. Having a S/L Talisman didn't mean jack.
    Agree. Of course, question may still be relevant if you are looking to match numbers...

Demon of the Prim east-tennessee is just really nice east-tennessee is just really nice east-tennessee is just really nice east-tennessee is just really nice

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Ric View Post
    Thanks...My question should have been do you need the last limited in the series or just the last limited they sold.
    I have a low # LSOE and plan to get TWTTK...hopefully ther will be a Talisman 3.....

Brian.....

+ Reply to Thread
Page 150 of 567 FirstFirst ... 50 100 140 148 149 150 151 152 160 200 250 ... LastLast