Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 426 of 567 FirstFirst ... 326 376 416 424 425 426 427 428 436 476 526 ... LastLast
Results 10,626 to 10,650 of 14175

Thread: Stephen King Collecting Questions

Bastard Son of Cort stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by webstar1000 View Post
    Hey all, I just got my S/L of Regulators.. what a beaut of a book... man I wish these guys did more. It was suppose to be fine/fine but alas there is a black mark on the red fabric of the book. Not sure what it is but I asking the members here to give me an idea of how to get rid of it. I don't want to send it back..
    give it to me.
    "A real limited edition, far from being an expensive autograph stapled to a novel, is a treasure. And like all treasures do, it transforms the responsible owner into a caretaker, and being a caretaker of something as fragile and easily destroyed as ideas and images is not a bad thing but a good one...and so is the re-evaluation of what books are and what they do that necessarily follows." - Stephen King

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by stroppygoblin View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by webstar1000 View Post
    Hey all, I just got my S/L of Regulators.. what a beaut of a book... man I wish these guys did more. It was suppose to be fine/fine but alas there is a black mark on the red fabric of the book. Not sure what it is but I asking the members here to give me an idea of how to get rid of it. I don't want to send it back..
    give it to me.
    LOL
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

A clear picture would help in giving advice.

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Randall Flagg View Post
    A clear picture would help in giving advice.
    AGREED Here it is...

HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

I think I would just leave it alone.

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Randall Flagg View Post
    I think I would just leave it alone.
    RF... what is the value (In your honest opinion) of this book with this mark?
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Subtract 10%, so say $75-$100 less.

Country
    Country Flag

THANKS
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Demon of the Prim TCCBodhi is a splendid one to behold TCCBodhi is a splendid one to behold TCCBodhi is a splendid one to behold TCCBodhi is a splendid one to behold TCCBodhi is a splendid one to behold TCCBodhi is a splendid one to behold TCCBodhi is a splendid one to behold TCCBodhi's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I just got the 2nd Marvel Dark Tower Omnibus, but have a question. Is the green outer shell with the "pull tie" seal the permanent display for the book, or is there a different one inside once I pull those paper zip-ties? I'm certainly hoping that the torn open case isn't intended to be the permanent slipcover.

The first omnibus is gorgeous though, going to enjoy a careful read of all of those supplemental materials.
    WANTED
    US 1st Printings. I have THESE
    #92 IT Portfolio (or the #95 IT to swap for the #92 that I have)
    Any #95 SK-related Cemetery Dance Edition
    Any #7 PS Publishing Edition
    Sleeping Beauties: Signed Tour version.

Bastard Son of Cort stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by TCCBodhi View Post
    I just got the 2nd Marvel Dark Tower Omnibus, but have a question. Is the green outer shell with the "pull tie" seal the permanent display for the book, or is there a different one inside once I pull those paper zip-ties? I'm certainly hoping that the torn open case isn't intended to be the permanent slipcover.

The first omnibus is gorgeous though, going to enjoy a careful read of all of those supplemental materials.
    Inside the cardboard outer case is a slipcase containing the two books. It's the same size as the 1st omnibus.

(thanks to Drake 1969 for the image)
    "A real limited edition, far from being an expensive autograph stapled to a novel, is a treasure. And like all treasures do, it transforms the responsible owner into a caretaker, and being a caretaker of something as fragile and easily destroyed as ideas and images is not a bad thing but a good one...and so is the re-evaluation of what books are and what they do that necessarily follows." - Stephen King

Great Old One zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig's Avatar

My Mood
    Inspired
    Country
    Country Flag

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

ouch!

Great Old One zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig's Avatar

My Mood
    Inspired
    Country
    Country Flag

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

jesus! someone drive a forklift truck through it?

My Mood
    Inspired
    Country
    Country Flag

Something like that.... and the final pièce de ré·sis·tance.

Country
    Country Flag

Omg.. Wow
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Gunslinger Apprentice Bunyip will become famous soon enough Bunyip will become famous soon enough Bunyip's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Shit! I thought the same when I got mine the other week. The outer shell was dinged all over. I ended up ripping the pull tab, and the book and slipcase are perfect. I wasn't too happy when I recieved it, but it worked out ok.

Maerlyn's Imp allasorte has a spectacular aura about allasorte has a spectacular aura about allasorte has a spectacular aura about allasorte's Avatar

My Mood
    Confused

I see the damage and that sucks. I believe it was caused by gremlins.
    Words have no power to impress the mind without the exquisite horror of their reality. Edgar Allan Poe

Demon of the Prim TCCBodhi is a splendid one to behold TCCBodhi is a splendid one to behold TCCBodhi is a splendid one to behold TCCBodhi is a splendid one to behold TCCBodhi is a splendid one to behold TCCBodhi is a splendid one to behold TCCBodhi is a splendid one to behold TCCBodhi's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Mine fared well, just the tiniest of crush on the top of the Vol 2 Outer case top, but it wasn't enough for me to even make mention of. These, however!!!

Thanks for the info Simon (and Drake 1969), it eases my mind that I don't have to worry so much about this outer shell (though I'll probably keep it as added protection since it isn't UNattractive to look at.
    WANTED

Servant of Gan Roog has a spectacular aura about Roog has a spectacular aura about Roog's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

So sorry to see that item being molested so heavily
    I expect you are in contact with the seller?

My Mood
    Inspired
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Roog View Post
    Yes, it's on the way back to them now and they will send a replacement. Let's hope the replacement one arrives safe.

Servant of Gan Roog has a spectacular aura about Roog has a spectacular aura about Roog's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Fingers crossed.

Gunslinger Apprentice Bunyip will become famous soon enough Bunyip will become famous soon enough Bunyip's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by zelig View Post
    Yes, it's on the way back to them now and they will send a replacement. Let's hope the replacement one arrives safe.
    Who did you buy it from?

Country
    Country Flag

This seller is seller each of the Marvel Dark Tower Omnibus editions & The Stand Omnibus for around $50 each which is a great deal. The box I got was packed with shredded newspaper and was VERY heavy which allows the internal boxes to shift around which beat up the main large box and potentially causes the damage. Mine was fine, but if he ships each the same way, I can see how it would happen. He may have seen enough of these damaged by now to have adjusted the way he ships them, so I wouldn't fear buying them if you don't have them, just make note to ship them securely perhaps.

1st Dark Tower Omnibus http://www.ebay.com/itm/141882774960
    2nd Dark Tower Omnibus http://www.ebay.com/itm/131706599046
    The Stand Omnibus http://www.ebay.com/itm/131708292671
    WANTED

My Mood
    Inspired
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Bunyip View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by zelig View Post
    Who did you buy it from?
    From eBay seller named "dheader". For such heavy books it wasn't packed well. Not enough padding. Just some crumpled newspapers and a bit of bubble wrap. The Dark Tower set was also in there and luckily that wasn't damaged.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 426 of 567 FirstFirst ... 326 376 416 424 425 426 427 428 436 476 526 ... LastLast