Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 519 of 567 FirstFirst ... 19 419 469 509 517 518 519 520 521 529 ... LastLast
Results 12,951 to 12,975 of 14170

Thread: Stephen King Collecting Questions

Great Old One ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan's Avatar

I went ahead and ordered two from Amazon. If they are firsts I will let one go to whoever wants it.
    I'm sure if there is intelligent life somewhere out there in the universe, they are wise enough to stay away from us.

And the people bowed and prayed, to the cell phone god they made...

Did you guess it was me? becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69's Avatar

The First Level of Hell - It's got a great view!
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by allasorte View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by becca69 View Post
    I like the kind without paper backing:

Brodart Econo-Fold Archival Book Jacket Covers SKU #: 20621104 - 24x12 (2mil)

Brodart Econo-Fold Archival Book Jacket Covers SKU #: 20621103 21x10 (2mil)
    These are great for tight books in slipcases. A little annoying at times to put on, but really nice to use and easy to cut.

I love these. It takes me approximately 5 secoonds to put one on. Super easy!
    Wanted: Human skin edition of The Book of the Dead. Will accept PC copy.

Maerlyn's Imp allasorte has a spectacular aura about allasorte has a spectacular aura about allasorte has a spectacular aura about allasorte's Avatar

My Mood
    Confused

These are great for tight books in slipcases. A little annoying at times to put on, but really nice to use and easy to cut.

I'm talking about sometimes when you have the fold at the top. It Mylar may fold a little but and bubble up and not be perfectly aligned with the jacket. Nothing major, but something I have noticed that happens to me sometimes where I have to refold and tighten it down a bit more. Love them regardless.
    Words have no power to impress the mind without the exquisite horror of their reality. Edgar Allan Poe

Goldmember Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Here ya go, kids. Kinda pricey but a guaranteed first.

Stephen King's Pet Sematary
    You don't know my kind.....You don't my mind.....Dark necessities are part of my design.....

Gunslinger herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Does anyone know the number of copies of the 1st UK edition of Salem's Lot?
    And the first printing of the mass paperback edition : NAL (US) & NEL (UK) ?

I read that the book quickly sold over 2 millions copies, before the release of the SHINING movie
    ------------------------------------------------
    CLUB STEPHEN KING (french website about STEPHEN KING, since 1992) : on : Facebook | Twitter | Instagram

Did you guess it was me? becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I'm talking about sometimes when you have the fold at the top. It Mylar may fold a little but and bubble up and not be perfectly aligned with the jacket. Nothing major, but something I have noticed that happens to me sometimes where I have to refold and tighten it down a bit more. Love them regardless.
    Hmm not sure exactly what you mean. I have a certain way I put the jacket in to make sure it is snug up against the top fold and use a bone folder to get the bottom fold just right.

"I'm working on my sense of humor" Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an's Avatar

“No matter how cynical you get, it is impossible to keep up” -Lily Tomlin
    Country
    Country Flag

Hmm not sure exactly what you mean. I have a certain way I put the jacket in to make sure it is snug up against the top fold and use a bone folder to get the bottom fold just right.
    Lori asked me a long while ago to make a video on how to put on a jacket cover. I might have to do that. It involves making sure the dustjacket is snug up against the top fold and using a bone folder to get the bottom fold just right.
    "One day you're going to figure out that everything they taught you was a lie."

Jascar of the Wylde EXPLORER has much to be proud of EXPLORER has much to be proud of EXPLORER has much to be proud of EXPLORER has much to be proud of EXPLORER has much to be proud of EXPLORER has much to be proud of EXPLORER has much to be proud of EXPLORER has much to be proud of EXPLORER has much to be proud of EXPLORER's Avatar

My Mood
    Amused
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Room 217 Caretaker View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Brian861 View Post
    Were there 1st/1st of the reissue of the HC of Pet Sematary that was released back in December I believe?
    Yes, this is my copy:

Mulleins
    appears Cemetery Dance may have one up on Ebay: might want to confirm print run
    https://www.ebay.com/itm/PET-SEMATAR...djR:rk:29:pf:0
    We shall not cease from exploration and the end of all our exploring
    will be to arrive where we started and know the place for the first time.

T.S. Eliot -

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Br!an View Post

Lori asked me a long while ago to make a video on how to put on a jacket cover. I might have to do that. It involves making sure the dustjacket is snug up against the top fold and using a bone folder to get the bottom fold just right.
    This

Goldmember Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by EXPLORER View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Room 217 Caretaker View Post
    Were there 1st/1st of the reissue of the HC of Pet Sematary that was released back in December I believe?
    Yes, this is my copy:

Mulleins
    appears Cemetery Dance may have one up on Ebay: might want to confirm print run
    https://www.ebay.com/itm/PET-SEMATAR...djR:rk:29:pf:0
    Someone, probably someone that doesn't care, is going to pay a lot of money for a non-1st. I inquired and it isn't a first.
    You don't know my kind.....You don't my mind.....Dark necessities are part of my design.....

Gunslinger Apprentice jsweet has a spectacular aura about jsweet has a spectacular aura about jsweet has a spectacular aura about

Country
    Country Flag

I am repeatedly blown away by how much CD gets in their auctions. Value of a brand and customer base, I guess!

Si em, tow en can de lach jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92's Avatar

My Mood
    Busy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by jsweet View Post
    I am repeatedly blown away by how much CD gets in their auctions. Value of a brand and customer base, I guess!
    I was thinking the same thing. They had a book I wanted and I just searched on eBay and there was another copy of the same book BIN cheaper than the current bid plus it was signed.... I guess their follower base is blind to doing their own searches and just buys whats in front of them.

Country
    Country Flag

Here ya go, kids. Kinda pricey but a guaranteed first.

Stephen King's Pet Sematary
    Steve, ur2ndbiggestfan, confirmed his copies from Amazon are first.

Wizard of End-World wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow's Avatar

My Mood
    Busy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by jsmcmullen92 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by jsweet View Post
    I was thinking the same thing. They had a book I wanted and I just searched on eBay and there was another copy of the same book BIN cheaper than the current bid plus it was signed.... I guess their follower base is blind to doing their own searches and just buys whats in front of them.
    I concur....prices sold typically go WAY beyond what they are really worth.

Dragline : Nothin'. A handful of nothin'. You stupid mullet head. He beat you with nothin'. Just like today when he kept comin' back at me - with nothin'.
    Luke : Yeah, well, sometimes nothin' can be a real cool hand

Gunslinger herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

There are no entries in the catalog for THE TOMMYKNOCKERS (and maybe some others)?

Can anyone remind me the price for the lettered tommy?
    CLUB STEPHEN KING (french website about STEPHEN KING, since 1992) : on : Facebook | Twitter | Instagram

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by herbertwest View Post
    There are no entries in the catalog for THE TOMMYKNOCKERS (and maybe some others)?

Can anyone remind me the price for the lettered tommy?
    Not officially released yet.
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

In Suspense (Ari just got one I think)... is the story In a Half World --- isn't that a re-titling of I Was a Teenage Grave Robber?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Big Coffin Hunter Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

Yes
    Wanted list:
    Ubris

Citizen of Gilead surly is a jewel in the rough surly is a jewel in the rough surly is a jewel in the rough surly is a jewel in the rough surly's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

There was a discussion of rebounds in the Current Value thread and it made me remember something I hadn't thought of in some time. Im foggy on the specifics, but a while back when I was still a novice collector and hadn't found my way here yet (so it must have been 15 or more years ago) I saw an oddity on ebay and at the time i didn't know what it was and spent considerable effort trying figure out if it was legit. I now recognize it to likely have been a nicely done BACHMAN BOOKS rebound with a tipped in signature page from one of the FANTASY AND SCIENCE FICTION signed editions. There might have even been more than one copy, or maybe it just got relisted a couple of times - I was still working on navigating ebay at the time as well. Anyhow, my question is: does anyone know what i am talking about, and might someone actually have a copy that would be willing to share pictures. With all the time that has passed, i am wondering if it is as nice as I remember it being.
    "When I have a little money, I buy books; and if I have any left, I buy food and clothes."
    Desiderius Erasmus Roterodamus

Honky Mahfah biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

Didn’t the Overlook Connection do it? (I’m just going by a likely faulty memory here and currently have no way to check it)

Citizen of Gilead SystemCrashOverRide is a name known to all SystemCrashOverRide is a name known to all SystemCrashOverRide is a name known to all SystemCrashOverRide is a name known to all SystemCrashOverRide is a name known to all SystemCrashOverRide is a name known to all SystemCrashOverRide's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Backtracking this conversation a bit - I bought the Brodart book jacket covers discussed earlier in this thread, specifically the 10"x24" "exact fit book jacket covers" , however it seems all my hard covers are actually 9.5" tall, meaning I'm left with 1/2" of white cover visible along the top (or bottom edge). Those who use the 10" exact fit, are you using a bone folder to crease the excess back on itself?

"I'm working on my sense of humor" Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an's Avatar

“No matter how cynical you get, it is impossible to keep up” -Lily Tomlin
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by SystemCrashOverRide View Post
    Backtracking this conversation a bit - I bought the Brodart book jacket covers discussed earlier in this thread, specifically the 10"x24" "exact fit book jacket covers" , however it seems all my hard covers are actually 9.5" tall, meaning I'm left with 1/2" of white cover visible along the top (or bottom edge). Those who use the 10" exact fit, are you using a bone folder to crease the excess back on itself?
    Yes. Lay the cover face down. Slide the dustjacket up to fit tightly withing the top fold of the cover. Fold the bottom edge of the cover to match the bottom edge of the dustjacket. You can even let the dustjacket curl slightly to make sure it's tight. Hold what you have and use a bone folder to crease the cover to the dustjacket size from center to each edge.
    "One day you're going to figure out that everything they taught you was a lie."

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Br!an View Post
    Yes. Lay the cover face down. Slide the dustjacket up to fit tightly withing the top fold of the cover. Fold the bottom edge of the cover to match the bottom edge of the dustjacket. You can even let the dustjacket curl slightly to make sure it's tight. Hold what you have and use a bone folder to crease the cover to the dustjacket size from center to each edge.
    Having all kinds of books with different heights; I decided to go with several different sizes exact fit covers. It's worked well for me with nearly over 70 books completed over the last couple of weekends. It was a little bit of a learning curve but I do it exactly as Brian described.

Also, having never removed the jackets before, I discovered how beautiful most of the books are underneath. It has made me wish those types of books had no cover at all.

Citizen of Gilead SystemCrashOverRide is a name known to all SystemCrashOverRide is a name known to all SystemCrashOverRide is a name known to all SystemCrashOverRide is a name known to all SystemCrashOverRide is a name known to all SystemCrashOverRide is a name known to all SystemCrashOverRide's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I think I've got it, it's all pretty straight forward but there seem to be little tricks that help - such as using the bone folder to go from the middle out. I still find that I end up with 1/16th or 1/8th of white visible on the top edge that I can't seem to get rid of. It's hard to get the dustjacket to sit firmly into the crease of the top of the Brodart on both sides, you tuck one edge in and the other inevitably pops out a smidge. I know I'm being picky, but I do find it actively frustrating.

I'm also noticing that sometimes there's...a tension on the brodart sleeve after wrapping? The dust jacket isn't curling or warped, but the Brodart itself seems like it's sometimes a bit...off? Hard to explain without photos.

Country
    Country Flag

I think I've got it, it's all pretty straight forward but there seem to be little tricks that help - such as using the bone folder to go from the middle out. I still find that I end up with 1/16th or 1/8th of white visible on the top edge that I can't seem to get rid of. It's hard to get the dustjacket to sit firmly into the crease of the top of the Brodart on both sides, you tuck one edge in and the other inevitably pops out a smidge. I know I'm being picky, but I do find it actively frustrating.

I'm also noticing that sometimes there's...a tension on the brodart sleeve after wrapping? The dust jacket isn't curling or warped, but the Brodart itself seems like it's sometimes a bit...off? Hard to explain without photos.
    There shouldn't be any white visible at all. I get it as snug as I can on the top, turn it over, and fold and crease the bottom over first. Then I flip it back over to the top, snug it up again, and crease it on the top.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 519 of 567 FirstFirst ... 19 419 469 509 517 518 519 520 521 529 ... LastLast