Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 429 of 567 FirstFirst ... 329 379 419 427 428 429 430 431 439 479 529 ... LastLast
Results 10,701 to 10,725 of 14175

Thread: Stephen King Collecting Questions

Goldmember Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

Someone tell him about the Doubleday Gutter Codes.

Citizen of Gilead AstroDad is a name known to all AstroDad is a name known to all AstroDad is a name known to all AstroDad is a name known to all AstroDad is a name known to all AstroDad is a name known to all AstroDad's Avatar

My Mood
    Busy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Rabbit Trick View Post

Citizen of Gilead Cwalker is a splendid one to behold Cwalker is a splendid one to behold Cwalker is a splendid one to behold Cwalker is a splendid one to behold Cwalker is a splendid one to behold Cwalker is a splendid one to behold Cwalker is a splendid one to behold Cwalker is a splendid one to behold Cwalker's Avatar

I have read a thread here somewhere that explained them. I will try to find it again, but as i said there is no gutter code anywhere that i can see. That is why i was wondering if they were ever on different pages.
    "Thanks, but no, it isn't a cowboy hat. It's a fedora. And yes, Indianna Jones is still socially relevant."

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Cwalker View Post
    I have read a thread here somewhere that explained them. I will try to find it again, but as i said there is no gutter code anywhere that i can see. That is why i was wondering if they were ever on different pages.
    Being kind and gentle, from what you have described, you have a reading edition of the book.

Citizen of Gilead Cwalker is a splendid one to behold Cwalker is a splendid one to behold Cwalker is a splendid one to behold Cwalker is a splendid one to behold Cwalker is a splendid one to behold Cwalker is a splendid one to behold Cwalker is a splendid one to behold Cwalker is a splendid one to behold Cwalker's Avatar

Good enough.
    Thats what i was wondering.
    As i said, it was mostly to try to have my records accurate.
    Thanks!
    "Thanks, but no, it isn't a cowboy hat. It's a fedora. And yes, Indianna Jones is still socially relevant."

"I'm working on my sense of humor" Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an's Avatar

“No matter how cynical you get, it is impossible to keep up” -Lily Tomlin
    Country
    Country Flag

http://www.thedarktower.org/Doubleday-gutter-code-theory

I have one with $17.95 on the jacket and Z5 gutter code. (May 1984)

With the $19.95 price yours would be later than that.
    "One day you're going to figure out that everything they taught you was a lie."

Servant of Gan Beverly Marsh has much to be proud of Beverly Marsh has much to be proud of Beverly Marsh has much to be proud of Beverly Marsh has much to be proud of Beverly Marsh has much to be proud of Beverly Marsh has much to be proud of Beverly Marsh has much to be proud of Beverly Marsh has much to be proud of Beverly Marsh has much to be proud of Beverly Marsh's Avatar

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

A couple of questions for all of you experts

1. What exactly are remarques? I have a general idea but don't really know the details behind them.

2. Does anyone know of a person who does custom slipcases? I have the French hardcover of Creepshow and would love to get that baby in a case....

Si em, tow en can de lach jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92's Avatar

My Mood
    Busy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Beverly Marsh View Post

1. What exactly are remarques? I have a general idea but don't really know the details behind them.

2. Does anyone know of a person who does custom slipcases? I have the French hardcover of Creepshow and would love to get that baby in a case....
    I'll let Bob talk about Remarques...
    For Custom Slip Cases I use Jeff Whiley . Email him what you are looking for and he will set you up. If you look through the aftermarket slipcase thread you can see some of the examples he has made.

Goldmember carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute

1. What exactly are remarques?
    I'll be interested to hear the answers that are offered in response to this question.

Great Old One zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig's Avatar

My Mood
    Inspired
    Country
    Country Flag

It's an incorrect term used to describe an original sketch in a book.

Citizen of Gilead bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19's Avatar

My Mood
    Amused
    Country
    Country Flag

Since I was considering contacting Mark Geyer regarding a remarque for my signed copy of Rose Madder, this is what he had on his website...

"A remarque (pronounced ree-mark) is a small, personalized drawing that an artist adds to a print or book. I do them on title pages, as most illustrators do. The customer, of course, supplies me with the novel, I do the remarque, and mail it back to them. I can put a personalization with the remarque, such as Best Wishes, or just my signature by itself--that's up to the customer."

Citizen of Gilead bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19's Avatar

My Mood
    Amused
    Country
    Country Flag

Here is an example of a remarque. Of the ones I have, this is my favorite.

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

The definition or remarque has evolved over time.
    The two main older definitions (usage) were:
    • 1 : a drawn, etched, or incised scribble or sketch done on the margin of a plate or stone and removed before the regular printing
    • 2 : a proof taken before remarques have been removed
    As with many words in the English language additional usage of the word occurred. The word can now be used to describe an original piece of art that an artist draws or paints in a book-typically on a blank page(s) at the beginning of the book.
    It's thought that Michael Whelan and David Williamson (Owner of Betts Books) began using the word circa 2004 when Whelan did a series of full page original art pieces in several copies of Stephen King's "The Dark Tower, DTVII".
    The usage of the word is now common, and generally accepted in the book and art collecting world.

The website www.stephenkingcollector.com has an entire section devoted to the remarques that Michael Whelan did in "The Dark Tower, DTVII"

Servant of Gan Beverly Marsh has much to be proud of Beverly Marsh has much to be proud of Beverly Marsh has much to be proud of Beverly Marsh has much to be proud of Beverly Marsh has much to be proud of Beverly Marsh has much to be proud of Beverly Marsh has much to be proud of Beverly Marsh has much to be proud of Beverly Marsh has much to be proud of Beverly Marsh's Avatar

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

[QUOTE=jsmcmullen92;982710]

2. Does anyone know of a person who does custom slipcases? I have the French hardcover of Creepshow and would love to get that baby in a case....[/QUOT

For Custom Slip Cases I use Jeff Whiley . Email him what you are looking for and he will set you up. If you look through the aftermarket slipcase thread you can see some of the examples he has made.
    Do you happen to have his email? I'll check out that thread you mentioned as well. Thank you for the info!

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by zelig View Post
    It's an incorrect term used to describe an original sketch in a book.
    Lol, um thanks. I think?

My Mood
    Amused
    Country
    Country Flag

[QUOTE=Beverly Marsh;982764]
    Quote Originally Posted by jsmcmullen92 View Post

2. Does anyone know of a person who does custom slipcases? I have the French hardcover of Creepshow and would love to get that baby in a case....[/QUOT

Do you happen to have his email? I'll check out that thread you mentioned as well. Thank you for the info!
    Click on Jeff's name in that post. It's hyperlinked.

Si em, tow en can de lach jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92's Avatar

My Mood
    Busy
    Country
    Country Flag

[QUOTE=Beverly Marsh;982764]

His name should be a link to his email bit I will PM it to you as well.

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

[QUOTE=bdwyer19;982766]

Click on Jeff's name in that post. It's hyperlinked.
    thank you! That is an awesome picture that you shared. Are there particular artists that gear more towards SK remarques and is the one you mentioned your personal favorite? How much should one generally cost? Sorry for the bombardment of questions but I need to be schooled

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Randall Flagg View Post
    The definition or remarque has evolved over time.
    The two main older definitions (usage) were:
    • 1 : a drawn, etched, or incised scribble or sketch done on the margin of a plate or stone and removed before the regular printing
    • 2 : a proof taken before remarques have been removed
    As with many words in the English language additional usage of the word occurred. The word can now be used to describe an original piece of art that an artist draws or paints in a book-typically on a blank page(s) at the beginning of the book.
    It's thought that Michael Whelan and David Williamson (Owner of Betts Books) began using the word circa 2004 when Whelan did a series of full page original art pieces in several copies of Stephen King's "The Dark Tower, DTVII".
    The usage of the word is now common, and generally accepted in the book and art collecting world.

The website www.stephenkingcollector.com has an entire section devoted to the remarques that Michael Whelan did in "The Dark Tower, DTVII"
    "generally" lol. Thanks for the info. I keep seeing this Remarque business and was curious as to what it's all about. I do like original SK artwork.

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

It seems that remarques are a debatable topic. Love/hate kind of thing? I'd be interested to hear why you guys either love or hate them....

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

[QUOTE=jsmcmullen92;982767]

His name should be a link to his email bit I will PM it to you as well.
    That would be great. Thank you!

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

"generally" lol. Thanks for the info. I keep seeing this Remarque business and was curious as to what it's all about. I do like original SK artwork.
    There are always a few luddites.
    Some people still think of a mouse as a rodent (one definition), or like to hark back to the old days and refer to a computer mouse as "X–Y position indicator for a display system"..

* One can bypass modern language; but they are at peril of modern language bypassing them. ©™

Are there particular artists that gear more towards SK remarques and is the one you mentioned your personal favorite? How much should one generally cost? Sorry for the bombardment of questions but I need to be schooled
    i am far from an expert but i think in general you would try to get the artist most closely associated to the book. You would want Whelan to do a Gunslinger but would prefer Maitz to do a Desperation. If it is a title with no "primary artist" like Revival or Just After Sunset, the choice is yours. Some artists are more desirable than others, but this is often (IMHO) based on their chosen styles and availability.

As far as pricing, it is set by the artist. Tomislav Tikulin has agreed to do some work for me for only $60, but the shipping to Croatia would be close to $200 round trip! I need to save up a bit more. Other artists will do it for no charge. Chadbourne did an amazing one in my Secretary Of Dreams for nothing.

It seems that most of the artists are more than willing to discuss it. Send them an email and ask. Worst case is they may be too busy right now, but may have time later. This often results in something extra special!

Quote Originally Posted by bdwyer19 View Post

I absolutely love that one!
    Founder and publisher of Lividian Publications. My other website is BrianJamesFreeman.com. Please always feel free to email me or send me a PM if you have any questions about either!

Goldmember carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by Brian James Freeman View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by bdwyer19 View Post

I absolutely love that one!
    I like it too. I wonder if that is a number 2 or number 3 tennis ball?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 429 of 567 FirstFirst ... 329 379 419 427 428 429 430 431 439 479 529 ... LastLast