Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 533 of 567 FirstFirst ... 33 433 483 523 531 532 533 534 535 543 ... LastLast
Results 13,301 to 13,325 of 14170

Thread: Stephen King Collecting Questions

Citizen of Gilead bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19's Avatar

My Mood
    Amused
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Beverly Marsh View Post
    I'm curious for people's thoughts on the GBB S/L
    It has a low limitation, is a legit S/L, and is pretty unique. Yet no one seems to want it. There's a couple on Bett's(including mine)that haven't sold. It's not about that, if it doesn't sell I'll take it back and be happy. Are people not interested because it's a small book? Because it's almost TOO big? (that's what she said)
    Just wondering....
    I sold my GBB shortly after I received it. The size of the case was just far too big. I couldn’t rearrange my shelves to stand it upright, and I refused to have such an expensive book sitting on top of the bookcase where it couldn’t be seen or appreciated.

Great Old One ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan's Avatar

I loved the story and I love the S/L and the lettered even though I had to buy both on the secondary market.
    I'm sure if there is intelligent life somewhere out there in the universe, they are wise enough to stay away from us.

And the people bowed and prayed, to the cell phone god they made...

Rabid Billybumbler Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook's Avatar

My Mood
    Busy
    Country
    Country Flag

It has a low limitation, is a legit S/L, and is pretty unique. Yet no one seems to want it. There's a couple on Bett's(including mine)that haven't sold. It's not about that, if it doesn't sell I'll take it back and be happy. Are people not interested because it's a small book? Because it's almost TOO big? (that's what she said)
    Just wondering....
    What is it that you think makes it unique?
    To me it sorta seemed cookie cutter CD, stamped foil on vinyl oversized traycase.
    I've never understood the extremely small book housed in a extremely large traycase concept, but to each his own, some others here really like that.
    As for the coin, different idea, something new I guess but cheap & cheesy looking "IMO" sorta low cost Chinese knockoff look to it.
    One thing in it's favor, CD used a new artist.

“The battle between good and evil is endlessly fascinating because we are participants every day.” - Stephen King

Goldmember Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future

My Mood
    Inspired

Quote Originally Posted by Cook View Post
    Just wondering....
    To me it sorta seemed cookie cutter CD, stamped foil on vinyl oversized traycase.
    I've never understood the extremely small book housed in a extremely large traycase concept, but to each his own, some others here really like that.
    As for the coin, different idea, something new I guess but cheap & cheesy looking "IMO" sorta low cost Chinese knockoff look to it.
    Couldn’t agree more. I called out the coin and got ridiculed for it. I mean Richards face on the coin? Come on. Ditto on the HUGE traycases.

Maerlyn's Imp allasorte has a spectacular aura about allasorte has a spectacular aura about allasorte has a spectacular aura about allasorte's Avatar

My Mood
    Confused

Just wondering....
    I hate that it so large and I have to rearrange my bookcase to accommodate this. I don't understand why it was made this way. I am looking for a new bookcase and that makes it more difficult. The S/L My Pretty Pony is the same way (I don't have this one). Perhaps a newer smaller limited edition tray case can be made by the publisher that would be 2 feet smaller. I'd prefer much smaller and have the coin on the other side, like the Blockade Billy tray case edition. Fixed!
    Words have no power to impress the mind without the exquisite horror of their reality. Edgar Allan Poe

Quote Originally Posted by Kingfan24 View Post
    Couldn’t agree more. I called out the coin and got ridiculed for it. I mean Richards face on the coin? Come on. Ditto on the HUGE traycases.
    You know his co-author is on the coin as well, right?

Brian
    Founder and publisher of Lividian Publications. My other website is BrianJamesFreeman.com. Please always feel free to email me or send me a PM if you have any questions about either!

Honky Mahfah MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute

My Mood
    Cool

I haven't read it yet but I think the tall case looks cool. Maybe because I have the space for it. And there are only 350 of numbered ones so not that big of a run.
    I think the package is unique so that's why I like it.

Servant of Gan Fsmdr is just really nice Fsmdr is just really nice Fsmdr is just really nice Fsmdr is just really nice Fsmdr's Avatar

My Mood
    Stressed

Just wondering....
    I dislike both the design for my GBB S/L and Lettered. They both look more frivolous than luxury. It could have been at least full leather for the Lettered? The satin 'cushion' look gets old. If I'm selling, these are first to go.
    WANTED:

Lettered Danse Macabre
    Marshroots
    Lettered Eyes Of The Dragon
    Lettered The Stand
    BOMC signed Full Dark No Stars
    MM AGOT #249
    Lettered Frankenstein

Quote Originally Posted by allasorte View Post
    I'd prefer much smaller and have the coin on the other side, like the Blockade Billy tray case edition. Fixed!
    You would have liked the original prototype then! The only problem was it added about one pound of weight to the lid for the added material, and the added bulk/weight to the lid caused some concern that, over the long run, there would rubbing at the interior edges due to the weight and that could damage the case. Our case maker proposed putting the book and the coin on the same side as the solution. It IS a very tall case, that's for sure. I guess we could have gone with the original plan and said "eh, damage down the road isn't OUR problem" but we didn't want to leave the collectors with a case that would have possible issues later on. They might not have, it's hard to say. But we went with the safer route, which obviously not everyone liked, and I'm happy to buy back copies at the original price you paid us if anyone doesn't want theirs.

Brian
    Founder and publisher of Lividian Publications. My other website is BrianJamesFreeman.com. Please always feel free to email me or send me a PM if you have any questions about either!

Goldmember Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker's Avatar

My Mood
    Amused
    Country
    Country Flag

I guess I'm one of the few that's on the "other side of the coin" (sorry, had to go there).

I love the design of both limited and lettered. Here recently when visitors see Room 217 GBB happens to be one of the attention getters.

Diversity is what makes collecting so enjoyable. If we all agreed all the time I believe discussions on the boards would become stale.

Mulleins
    I'm the caretaker of Room 217..............I've always been the caretaker of Room 217

Honky Mahfah MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute

My Mood
    Cool

Agree Ralph. Well, you should know that I do .

President-Matt Fisher Fan Club Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute

My Mood
    Asleep

Quote Originally Posted by Brian James Freeman View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by allasorte View Post
    I'd prefer much smaller and have the coin on the other side, like the Blockade Billy tray case edition. Fixed!
    You would have liked the original prototype then! The only problem was it added about one pound of weight to the lid for the added material, and the added bulk/weight to the lid caused some concern that, over the long run, there would rubbing at the interior edges due to the weight and that could damage the case. Our case maker proposed putting the book and the coin on the same side as the solution. It IS a very tall case, that's for sure. I guess we could have gone with the original plan and said "eh, damage down the road isn't OUR problem" but we didn't want to leave the collectors with a case that would have possible issues later on. They might not have, it's hard to say. But we went with the safer route, which obviously not everyone liked, and I'm happy to buy back copies at the original price you paid us if anyone doesn't want theirs.

Brian

My guess is it really is the story that is driving the collector! along with the production. If it was a GREAT story, fewer people would want to part with! I thought someone was proposing a new case somewhere??? I filled out a survey and stated I would not buy another case. I don't mind GBB from the production standpoint. The coin was different and Unique. I was able to buy them below issue price. Lack of love/enthusiasm from collectors. I also bought extra copies of Insomnia Black House and Desperation. I loved all 3 stories. Other people not so much.

Big Coffin Hunter Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

Brian
    I can't give you more positive rep points here yet but I'll as soon as I'm allowed to.

I guess I'm one of the few that's on the "other side of the coin" (sorry, had to go there).

I love the design of both limited and lettered. Here recently when visitors see Room 217 GBB happens to be one of the attention getters.

Diversity is what makes collecting so enjoyable. If we all agreed all the time I believe discussions on the boards would become stale.

Mulleins
    I agree with you. I really enjoy when SL are different than "the usual".

Besides, it's not like we're getting S/Ls of the new books, so it was a positive surprise and news.

As for the story, I liked it, but when it comes to limited editions, I put the story in second place actually. I'm not a fan of The Regulators but the S/L and The Lettered editions are in my top5 regarding admiration.
    Wanted list:
    Ubris

Rabid Billybumbler amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Ari_Racing View Post

Brian
    I can't give you more positive rep points here yet but I'll as soon as I'm allowed to.

Mulleins
    I agree with you. I really enjoy when SL are different than "the usual".

Besides, it's not like we're getting S/Ls of the new books, so it was a positive surprise and news.

As for the story, I liked it, but when it comes to limited editions, I put the story in second place actually. I'm not a fan of The Regulators but the S/L and The Lettered editions are in my top5 regarding admiration.
    I agree. While I was a little annoyed by the height, (I had to put the limited on the same shelf I wanted to limit to Lettereds), I liked/loved everything else about the limited and lettered.
    Wanted:

'Salem's Lot Portfolio #606

Fairy Tale UK S/L

Demon of the Prim lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Wow - this discussion really illuminates the diverse aesthetics of various collectors!

I think the book design for the Lettered GBB is one of my favorite productions that CD has ever done. The leather is nice and soft, and I really like the color and texture of the material used for the boards. This is a very tactile edition - it feels nice and different from other editions. The choice to blindstamp the tree picture onto the cover instead of using foil or something worked nicely also (and adds to the tactile experience). I also like the unique contraption in the traycase. Whenever a publisher tries something new, that's a good thing in my book! I do agree that it's too tall. I have an oversized shelf so it's less about trying to shelve it and more about the fact that I'd like to display it better and packages that tall just don't display well, period. I do take the book out and display it on a stand by itself occasionally

Rabid Billybumbler Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook's Avatar

My Mood
    Busy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by lotuz View Post
    Wow - this discussion really illuminates the diverse aesthetics of various collectors!

I think the book design for the Lettered GBB is one of my favorite productions that CD has ever done. The leather is nice and soft, and I really like the color and texture of the material used for the boards. This is a very tactile edition - it feels nice and different from other editions. The choice to blindstamp the tree picture onto the cover instead of using foil or something worked nicely also (and adds to the tactile experience). I also like the unique contraption in the traycase. Whenever a publisher tries something new, that's a good thing in my book! I do agree that it's too tall. I have an oversized shelf so it's less about trying to shelve it and more about the fact that I'd like to display it better and packages that tall just don't display well, period. I do take the book out and display it on a stand by itself occasionally
    For some reason I thought this discussion started with the concept of the limited not the lettered, am I wrong?

“The battle between good and evil is endlessly fascinating because we are participants every day.” - Stephen King

Demon of the Prim lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

For some reason I thought this discussion started with the concept of the limited not the lettered, am I wrong?
    I think you are right! But several other people mentioned the lettered and I wanted to praise it. I didn't think that the topic that started the conversation would preclude me from doing so. Consider this a tangent, if that's a helpful way to frame it

Country
    Country Flag

On the second reading of this, did I miss something? Is there a particular reason you needed this clarification? I kind of assumed that maybe you didn't remember but I'm reading this again and it comes across like maybe you actually did remember but wanted to make a point of some sort? Maybe my first reading was correct - I'm not good at discerning tone over the internet... If so, ignore this with my apologies

My Mood
    Busy
    Country
    Country Flag

On the second reading of this, did I miss something? Is there a particular reason you needed this clarification? I kind of assumed that maybe you didn't remember but I'm reading this again and it comes across like maybe you actually did remember but wanted to make a point of some sort? Maybe my first reading was correct - I'm not good at discerning tone over the internet... If so, ignore this with my apologies
    I meant no negative anything at all, I just got seriously confused when leather was mentioned.
    I was beginning to think I was losing my mind.
    Vinyl on the limited, leather on the lettered... Got it.

Country
    Country Flag

I meant no negative anything at all, I just got seriously confused when leather was mentioned.
    I was beginning to think I was losing my mind.
    Vinyl on the limited, leather on the lettered... Got it.
    I'd give you positive rep for your patience but it appears I need to spread it around more first. Thanks

"I'm working on my sense of humor" Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an's Avatar

“No matter how cynical you get, it is impossible to keep up” -Lily Tomlin
    Country
    Country Flag

I just had a strange experience with Goldsboro books.

The other day there was mention of a pre-order for a signed limited edition of Joe Hill's Full Throttle. I put the book in my cart while I was signed in. I held off buying it because I am not collecting UK editions unless it's a UK author.

Today I decided to pre-order the upcoming Pete Townshend novel. I put those in my cart. I went to checkout. There was no mention of the Joe Hill book in my cart. I checked out for the Townshend books I ordered plus shipping. The screen came back up after payment to show that I had just purchased Joe Hill's Full Throttle. Not only that but the price is just the book. No shipping.

I repurchased the Townshend books successfully.

Has anyone else had problems with Goldsboro's site?

I'm sure they'll get it straightened out. It's just strange that a bookseller of their caliber has this type of issue with it's ordering software.
    "One day you're going to figure out that everything they taught you was a lie."

Breaker Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell's Avatar

My Mood
    Cool
    Country
    Country Flag

I couldn’t order on first day. I would put it in the cart, then when I opened the cart, it would disappear. The next day I had no problem. The Townsend book I gave up on last month but a member here ordered it for me
    Wish List:
    Any of the following flatsigned or inscribed-
    It, Shining, Salem’s Lot, Mr. Mercedes, The Stand
    Brother ARC, Seed ARC

Rabid Billybumbler Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Br!an View Post
    I just had a strange experience with Goldsboro books.

The other day there was mention of a pre-order for a signed limited edition of Joe Hill's Full Throttle. I put the book in my cart while I was signed in. I held off buying it because I am not collecting UK editions unless it's a UK author.

Today I decided to pre-order the upcoming Pete Townshend novel. I put those in my cart. I went to checkout. There was no mention of the Joe Hill book in my cart. I checked out for the Townshend books I ordered plus shipping. The screen came back up after payment to show that I had just purchased Joe Hill's Full Throttle. Not only that but the price is just the book. No shipping.

I repurchased the Townshend books successfully.

Has anyone else had problems with Goldsboro's site?

I'm sure they'll get it straightened out. It's just strange that a bookseller of their caliber has this type of issue with it's ordering software.
    Never had that before.

Goldmember Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I had a problem pre-ordering a book once and they weren't able to figure it out on their end either. It kept reading, "Invalid payment method" No problems ordering the Hill title.
    You don't know my kind.....You don't my mind.....Dark necessities are part of my design.....

Other worlds Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

I ordered Full Throttle from Goldsboro the other day as well. No real issues. However I did find it a little confusing that the little cart icon did not show a number to indicate anything was in it. When I opened the cart though, my order was there.
    "...that Siren which called and sang and promised so much and gave, after all, so little." ~ Ray Bradbury

+ Reply to Thread
Page 533 of 567 FirstFirst ... 33 433 483 523 531 532 533 534 535 543 ... LastLast