Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 81 of 567 FirstFirst ... 31 71 79 80 81 82 83 91 131 181 ... LastLast
Results 2,001 to 2,025 of 14175

Thread: Stephen King Collecting Questions

Vagrant Dead Nerak is a jewel in the rough Nerak is a jewel in the rough Nerak is a jewel in the rough Nerak is a jewel in the rough Nerak's Avatar

My Mood
    Lurking

I just wanted to let y'all know that we have reached a settlement in my case!

We are getting $4250 in cash (with the lawyer having done all his work for free). It's not great, wonderful or outstanding, but it will cover the rent for a couple of months and get Christmas taken care of for my kids!

Thanks for all the warm thoughts and kind words!
    Promise me you'll always remember: You're braver than you believe, stronger than you seem and smarter than you think.

Big Coffin Hunter Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

Well...it might not pay back all the things losts and the headaches, but it helps a lot

Take care hon!
    Wanted list:
    Ubris

Gunslinger herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

could be better... could be worst...

at least you get some stuff back!
    ------------------------------------------------
    CLUB STEPHEN KING (french website about STEPHEN KING, since 1992) : on : Facebook | Twitter | Instagram
    ------------------------------------------------

Roont jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic's Avatar

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

Congratulations, Karen. Something is a lot better than nothing!

(Make sure you send that lawyer a Christmas card!)

John

Other worlds Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Congrats, Karen. Although not the ideal of getting everything returned, I'm glad to see that you came away as well as you did.

Vagrant Dead Nerak is a jewel in the rough Nerak is a jewel in the rough Nerak is a jewel in the rough Nerak is a jewel in the rough Nerak's Avatar

My Mood
    Lurking

Thanks Peeps! My lawyer worked his butt off for us for a total of $290. And now he wants to change the laws regarding how the sale of storage units is done! GO JOHN!!!
    Promise me you'll always remember: You're braver than you believe, stronger than you seem and smarter than you think.

Wizard of End-World wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow's Avatar

My Mood
    Busy
    Country
    Country Flag

Congrats Karen.

Dragline : Nothin'. A handful of nothin'. You stupid mullet head. He beat you with nothin'. Just like today when he kept comin' back at me - with nothin'.
    Luke : Yeah, well, sometimes nothin' can be a real cool hand

Demon of the Prim Tatts4Life will become famous soon enough

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Nerak View Post
    I just wanted to let y'all know that we have reached a settlement in my case!

We are getting $4250 in cash (with the lawyer having done all his work for free). It's not great, wonderful or outstanding, but it will cover the rent for a couple of months and get Christmas taken care of for my kids!

Thanks for all the warm thoughts and kind words!
    what happened? I must of missed the post regarding this.

Demon of the Prim Cutter has a spectacular aura about Cutter has a spectacular aura about Cutter's Avatar

My Mood
    Lurking
    Country
    Country Flag

This is actually a Dean Koontz question, but there is a online book store that sells first signed editions for a few authors (I think they are in LA?), and they always have Koontz sign books for them for each of his releases. I used to have this link a couple of years ago and now I don't have it anymore could someone post the link or pm me if they know of the store I'm talking about?

thanks!
    Geoff

Word Slinger Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent's Avatar

Possibly Dark Delicacies. Clive Barker is a semi-regular there, too.

Demon of the Prim Cutter has a spectacular aura about Cutter has a spectacular aura about Cutter's Avatar

My Mood
    Lurking
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Bev Vincent View Post
    Possibly Dark Delicacies. Clive Barker is a semi-regular there, too.
    Thanks Bev, but that's not the site though.

And congrats Karen (I missed the post)! Sounds like a good lawyer to help you out like that.
    Geoff

Gunslinger Apprentice Clacke will become famous soon enough Clacke's Avatar

My Mood
    Buzzed
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by gguthrie View Post
    This is actually a Dean Koontz question, but there is a online book store that sells first signed editions for a few authors (I think they are in LA?), and they always have Koontz sign books for them for each of his releases. I used to have this link a couple of years ago and now I don't have it anymore could someone post the link or pm me if they know of the store I'm talking about?

thanks!
    Maybe http://signedpage.com/ ?

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by gguthrie View Post

thanks!
    The preeminent publisher of Koontz S/L's is Charnel House

Goldmember carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute

I believe you are thinking of Book Carnival. That's about the only place Koontz signs anymore.

http://home.earthlink.net/~bookcarnival/signings.htm

Billy Bumbler oy-the-brave will become famous soon enough oy-the-brave will become famous soon enough oy-the-brave's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by carlosdetweiller View Post
    I believe you are thinking of Book Carnival. That's about the only place Koontz signs anymore.

That is the one, I have purchased several signed books from them in the last few years.

Honky Mahfah biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

I have a not-so-important question about the Sphere 1st TPB of The Waste Lands. I recently bought it on eBay. Before placing a bid, I inquired with the seller about the ISBN and copyright page statements, just to make sure it wasn't a reprint or whatever. The seller confirmed everything except the ISBN, which according to him was the one that I found to be the ISBN of The Drawing of the Three. I bought the book anyway, figuring it was so cheap I might as well take the gamble. Anyway, it arrived today and I noticed that although the back of the book has the correct ISBN, the copyright page indeed has the wrong ISBN.

Now, I actually don't care because the book itself is the Sphere 1st TPB, which is what I was looking for and I'm not such a purist/completist that I'm going to look for a copy with the right ISBN on the copyright page. But I'm just curious nonetheless whether this misprint is present in all copies or not. Does any of you guys want to check their copy and confirm?

Thanks

Drawing ISBN: 0-7474-0102-0
    Waste Lands ISBN: 0-7474-1188-3

My Mood
    Lurking
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by carlosdetweiller View Post

Aha, that is the place Bob, thanks! and thanks to everyone else.
    Geoff

M-O-O-N Chooch is on a distinguished road Chooch's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Hi Everyone

I have a question on "speckeled" book ends and remainder marks. Are they the same thing? I just read the post of Centipede selling his S/L 'Salems Lot and he mentioned "speckeled ends" I have a Shinning that has speckeled ends but have always coinsidered that remainder mark. Am I wrong ? what's the scoop
    If it weren't for integrity...what would you be? Ka is a wheel.....

Gunslinger Apprentice boq is on a distinguished road boq's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Hi all. I've been in touch with John Avon, the artist who painted the covers for the UK 1st publications of DT2 and DT3, large size paperbacks from Sphere books. I was wondering if he sold prints of his Dark Tower work, which he does not, but he has mentioned that he would consider selling the original painting for DT2 (the DT3 painting was sold years ago he says).
    I love this painting, but the asking price is well out of my league I'm sad to say.
    He does however say he could "do a 19x13" Archival of it. Plus Volume 3, maybe if I find the scan."
    I'm wondering if anyone here could explain what an Archival is? Is it an actual physical on-the-page image, or some sort of digital file I'd have to arrange to be printed myself?

Hmmm... maybe I should ask John himself... but I don't want to appear even more stupid than I already feel

Kate / Batwoman turtlex is on a distinguished road turtlex's Avatar

My Mood
    Gay

Quote Originally Posted by boq View Post
    Hi all. I've been in touch with John Avon, the artist who painted the covers for the UK 1st publications of DT2 and DT3, large size paperbacks from Sphere books. I was wondering if he sold prints of his Dark Tower work, which he does not, but he has mentioned that he would consider selling the original painting for DT2 (the DT3 painting was sold years ago he says).
    I love this painting, but the asking price is well out of my league I'm sad to say.
    He does however say he could "do a 19x13" Archival of it. Plus Volume 3, maybe if I find the scan."
    I'm wondering if anyone here could explain what an Archival is? Is it an actual physical on-the-page image, or some sort of digital file I'd have to arrange to be printed myself?

Hmmm... maybe I should ask John himself... but I don't want to appear even more stupid than I already feel
    OMG !! I love those covers, too! I posted a note to him a while back on his website, asking about prints and never got a response. Please let us know if he decides to do any kind of prints!!!
    The Man In Black Fled Across The Desert...

...And The Gunslinger Followed.

“I’m always on the Batman rule, sir.” - Kate Kane / Detective Comics 857

"It is the story, not he who tells it." Except to us collectors who have to put limits somewhere. - jhanic

Remember, Remember, The Fifth of November, The Gunpowder, Treason, and Plot.

Goldmember Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

I'm not so keen on the Sphere DT3 Waste Lands cover. I keep wanting to shout out to Roland, "It's behind you!"

Kate / Batwoman turtlex is on a distinguished road turtlex's Avatar

My Mood
    Gay

FYI : According to John Avon's site - with regards to his Magic card prints -

Large 19 x 13 inch Prints on Archival Matte Paper 192g

Individually printed by hand using K3 ultra-chrome inks -my best ever prints!

Each image is personally signed with a small white border and title below
    The Man In Black Fled Across The Desert...

...And The Gunslinger Followed.

“I’m always on the Batman rule, sir.” - Kate Kane / Detective Comics 857

"It is the story, not he who tells it." Except to us collectors who have to put limits somewhere. - jhanic

Remember, Remember, The Fifth of November, The Gunpowder, Treason, and Plot.

Gunslinger Apprentice boq is on a distinguished road boq's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I know. I always wondered about the image of the Tower itself in these paintings. It's identical to the image used by Whelan in his "Gunslinger on the Beach" painting. I wondered if this part of the image was overlaid by Sphere or if Mr. Avon "copied" it from Whelan's painting and if there were any copyright issues.
    Also, there's a fourth character depicted on the beach in DT2 who I can only imagine is supposed to represent Jake... who doesn't appear in DT2

Turtlex... getting back to you shortly...

Along the Path of the Beam Spaceman Spiff is on a distinguished road Spaceman Spiff's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Hi, all.

(I'm a newbie, so I hope I'm asking this in the correct place...)

I've checked out the "Guide to Identifying First Editions" pdf located on StephenKing.com...

http://www.stephenking.com/faq.html#0.3

...and also the information here in "Calvin's Corner" under the King Collectibles Catalog...

http://www.thedarktower.org/palaver/...ead.php?t=1046

...but I'm wondering whether there may have been a variant (two different states) of the dust jacket for Eyes of the Dragon...?

I have two first editions of the book (neither are BCE's--book club editions). Both have red lettering on the front of the jacket, but on the spine of the jacket one has red lettering and one has gold lettering. (Well, kind of a goldish-silver, or a silvery-gold, but definitely not red).

A couple of people have suggested that perhaps my copy may have been faded by the sun, but I see no evidence of that. The dust jacket on this particular copy is in pristine condition, and the green background on the spine is an identical shade of the green on the front & back covers. It does not appear to have any fading whatsoever.

Just wondering if anyone else has run across a copy like this or if it has been documented anywhere...?

Thanks!
    John
    My Stephen King collection
    Last edited by Spaceman Spiff; 10-15-2009 at 12:21 PM. Reason: Added 2nd link above, and added manual Signature

My Mood
    Lurking
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Chooch View Post
    Hi Everyone

I have a question on "speckeled" book ends and remainder marks. Are they the same thing? I just read the post of Centipede selling his S/L 'Salems Lot and he mentioned "speckeled ends" I have a Shinning that has speckeled ends but have always coinsidered that remainder mark. Am I wrong ? what's the scoop
    No speckled ends are not the same as a remainder mark. Specked ends are used to help hide dust and the yellowing of the page ends on books. Publisher's stains (ie the top pages are stained red) and gilt pages (gold or silver) do the same thing. They are used to help protect the book pages.

A remainder mark is a mark to show that the books have been returned or discounted and are not to be sold at full price.
    Geoff

+ Reply to Thread
Page 81 of 567 FirstFirst ... 31 71 79 80 81 82 83 91 131 181 ... LastLast